Create a script to automatically save received email...

Hi all,
I'm trying to create a script that I can assign to a Rule that automatically
saves the email based on Subject content as a txt file to a specified network
folder.
The Rule part is easy... but the part that has me scratching my head is the
script!
To do this would be an amazing help!!!
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ian.
0
IanFW (1)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 04:49:03 -1000, IanFW
<IanFW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to create a script that I can assign to a Rule that
> automatically
> saves the email based on Subject content as a txt file to a specified
> network
> folder.
> The Rule part is easy... but the part that has me scratching my head is
> the
> script!
> To do this would be an amazing help!!!
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Ian.

You might be able to find a utility that will already do what you want.
Check here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP" wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 04:49:03 -1000, IanFW
> <IanFW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I'm trying to create a script that I can assign to a Rule that
> > automatically
> > saves the email based on Subject content as a txt file to a specified
> > network
> > folder.
> > The Rule part is easy... but the part that has me scratching my head is
> > the
> > script!
> > To do this would be an amazing help!!!
> > Thanks in advance for any help.
> > Ian.
>
> You might be able to find a utility that will already do what you want.
> Check here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm
>

> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP

0
ian (162)

Restart automatic table numbering in Annex
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I use the automatic numbering of Tables and Figures when creating captions. This generally works ok (although I sometimes get numbering out of sequence when more than one figure on a page), but I've run into a problem. <br><br>I have multiple tables in the main part of the report that I want numbered in the normal way. I also have multiple tables in the annex to the report (which is part of the same document) and I would like the numbering of these tables to start from 1 again (perhaps A1, A2 e...

create a roster

When forwarding email stationery is attached
When I forward an email from another person (I use Office XP), the stationery they use is sent as an attachment to my email. How do I stop the attachment. ...

How to prevent opening email program
I have a column with email addresses. When I click on one...to edit it...my email program automatically opens. How can I prevent this action. I'm using Excel 2002. I followed the instructions on how to "Deactivate several hyperlinks at once". This seemed to work for one click. But as soon as focus changed to another cell, the previously clicked cell then became an active hyperlink to my email program. (underlined, in blue, and ready to open my email program) There must be a way to deactivate at this "feature" TIA Bob, A simple way is like this: right click ...

Create Requisitions Programmatically
Hi I need some help creating Requisitions programmatically. Here is the process that we want to follow. 1.. Vendors drop their files in a directory 2.. The program reads the files and performs some validations. 3.. A new Requisition should created automatically Can someone please give me some guidance and where possible some sample code to perform the above. I am strong in .NET development but is a newbie in GP. I have the development environment setup and is going through eConnect documentation. All help is greatly appreciated. TIA walterd ...

Can I create a book (booklet) in Publisher 2000?
I am looking to buy Publisher 2000, as I have Office 2000, and want to know if I can create a multi-page book or booklet if 25 pages or more in that version. Help would be greatly appreciated. ? You don't have to buy an 8 year old program because Office is 8 years old...you know that right? What OS are you using on your computer. But, yes you can create booklets in Publisher 2000. What you can't do, with any booklet layout in any program, is create a 25 page booklet (the page will fall out) all booklet page amounts must be divisable by 4... 16 pages good, 17 pages bad. -- ...

eConnect
Hello, This is my first eConenct implementation. I've had partial success using eConnect so far in terms of transferring data successfully into Great Plains. For example, I've been able to create a new customer in Great Plains via eConnect. However, I'm having difficulty with something that would seem quite common to me. I'm testing my ability to create an SOP transaction (a customer invoice), but I've not had any success. Starting from the "CSHARP SalesOrder Console Application" sample, I modified it to be compatible with our data. However I keep ge...

outlook email embedded links do not activate
The links embedded in outlook emails do not activate any more - no matter how you click on them. Is there any suggestion to find out what made them stop working? They worked for a couple of years - now they do not. Thanks eg ...

Incoming emails in plain text only
I have just started using Outlook as my mail / contacts / diary client and have hit a problem. For some reason it is only displaying incomin e-mails as plain text. My previous clients had no probs showing th more complex ones (?HTML) with pictures and flashy bits. Now all i just plain. I have scoured the options menus to see if something ha been switched off; I have set the outgoing text format to HTML; but al to no avail. Even the smileys I send come back simply as hyperlink when people reply. I should have mentioned that the version is Outlook 2002 (Office XP). Any ideas anyone ----------...

Unable to send emails via Windows Live Mail
Hi, i have been using windows live mail for a while now and have never been able to send anything from one of my email accounts, I have logged onto this particulay email account as webmail and am able to send that way, but it is very inconvenient. thi error message i keep getting is: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'testing' Server: 'smtp.iprimus.com.au' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 i have read through several other posts and tried changing the port numbers as suggested...

can not receive mail from hotmail.com
I can no longer receive email from anyone using hotmail.com. I used to be able to receive it, up until possibly a month or so ago. I can send mail to them. I have added them to safe senders list, safe sender domain, changed security settings etc. Does anyone know what I need to do? It does not send them to the junk folder. I just never receive it. The sender has no knowledge that I didn't receive it either. Any help would be appreciated. "Deb" <brunnerdeb@roadrunner.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u$hQHf9pKHA.1556@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... &...

Outlook Connector Outook Live send/receive error caused by safe list
Outlook Connector for Outlook Live will only intermittently send/receive mail from my Hotmail account into my Outlook 2003. The two times I can get this to work successfully are right after I install Outlook Connector and right after I send and e-mail from my Hotmail account withing Outlook. All other times, I see the following error messsage in the "Detailed Report" from the "Server Status" in Outlook below. FYI, it will always download my Contacts. ------------------------------------------------- Outlook Connector Version 1.5.6232.0 Account: bbmcgee@hotmail.com Sig...

"Create Rule" option greyed out
In Outlook 2003, does anybody know why this option would be greyed out for just a select couple of addresses??? Both the right click menu and the toolbar are showing grey. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. HAve you selected just one address? How are you trying to add a rule? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jaredsubman@yahoo.com asked: | In Outlook 2003, does anybody know why this option would be grey...

Recurring email contact address
I used to be in contact with a Lawyer, I decided to stop contacting this lawyer after receiving misleading advice. Since then, every email I receive this Lawyer's email address id attached on the end by Demon-Mailer. It is embarrassing as I often reply to an email, and this lawyer's/Demon Mailer's garbage data is still attached to the outgoing email. Can someone contact me personally, otherwise it may mean that I must Change my Email Address completely?<scottieyoung@gmail.com> Scottie Young -- ______________________________________ Posted from http://o...

Error "wizard is unable to create your data access page"
Using Access 2000, I have created an ODBC link to a database with a user id that has all access: read, write, delete... When I use the wizard to try to create a data access page to one of the tables and I click Finish, I receive an error message that says "The wizard is unable to create your data access page". It does create an .htm page but there is no link to database and data box shows unbound. How do I fix this so I can create data access pages? turn off UAC? use SQL authentication instead of Windows Auth? On Mar 3, 6:59=A0am, DebbieShiff <DebbieSh...

Voice email
Hi Is there a way to send a voice file (or another format) that the rceiver of the email will hear a message without having to open a voice attachment file Thank you, Samuel Shulman If you figure it out, I hope that I'm not on your distribrition list. I exit web pages with music so fast they don't get throught the first measure. "Samuel Shulman" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:OsVNkZscGHA.4224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there a way to send a voice file (or another format) that the rceiver > of the email will hear a mess...

Outlook profile not created on login
Hi, I have a .mst file that I have already setup in a batch file that I use to install Office 2000 on Terminal Servers/Metaframe Servers. I've used this many times in the past. I just built 2 new servers and one of them does not populate the Outlook settings for new users. By settings I mean the exchange server name, name, personal folder location, etc. The settings for Word, Excel, Powerpoint are there though. I then uninstalled Office, rebooted, reinstalled it and get the same thing. I looked in the registry and the NewProf key is there with all the correct settings in it. ...

Outlook 2000
Sporadic problem - original email disappears once a reply has been sent. Disappears from inbox - and no sign of it in any of the other folders e.g. "deleted items", "drafts" etc. Only evidence that it existed is the reply in the "sent items". Happens sporadically, and with different email addresses. By this I mean it does not happen with all emails, and also does not occur repeatedly with the same email address. Using Outlook 2000, part of Office 2000 in Win 2000 Pro Environment. Not using Exchange. Any help appreciated! Alan <anonymous@discussions....

Outlook 2002 vs. WinXP-SP2 -- Send/Receive Errors
Strange problem. I am running Outlook 2002 on a WinXP/Home system, and acquired Service Pack 2 for WinXP via auto-update yesterday. Now Outlook 2002 won't send or receive mail on any of the three accounts I have set up; I consistently get "unknown error" messages. One of the two accounts returns 0x80046800 as the unknown error, the other two return 0x80040813. The problem does *not* appear to be a firewall issue, as disabling the new Windows Firewall doesn't help, nor does adding OUTLOOK.EXE to the firewall's exception list. I have been prowling in the Knowledg...

Multiple email addresses #5
I have Exchange 2003 Standard w/SP2 on a Win2K3 R2 DC using Outlook 2K3 has the email client. I have 3 email domains setup for each user account. eg. jdoe@aaa.com, jdoe@bbb.com & jdoe@ccc.com. I recieve email to all. Can I send out email from any one of the specific email addresses if used in a mailbox enviroment? The only way I know how to do this now is through POP3. You could either set up separate accounts for each email address, assign Full Mailbox Access and Send As permissions to the new mailbox(es), and have them change the FROM field when sending out.. - or look at 3rd par...

Save As Web Page
In all the MS Office tutorial books, it says that in any Office document, a page may be saved as a Web Page. I see that option under "Save As" in every program except for Publisher. The document I want to save as a web page is a Publisher document. What's up with that? Anyone know? jeanne@callintouch.com wrote: > In all the MS Office tutorial books, it says that in any > Office document, a page may be saved as a Web Page. I see > that option under "Save As" in every program except for > Publisher. The document I want to save as a web page is a > ...

On save
When we enter First name as Bob C. and Last name as Johnson, CRM will sometimes save as First Name: Bob Last Name: C. Johnson whichmakes all of the names search wrong. Any idea why and how to fix this??? Kristine, check within the organization settings - system settings - General tab you will be able to select how NEW contacts are stored. HTH Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu Kristine schreef: > When we enter First name as Bob C. and Last name as Johnson, CRM will > sometimes save as First Name: Bob Last Name: C. Johnson whichmakes all of the > names search ...

How do I get Outlook to receive emails on start up?
How do you get Outlook to receive on start up. There is an option to send, but not to receive. "kracker" <kracker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D0B7184-DB0C-40FD-BA8A-077D4DC5C6CA@microsoft.com... > How do you get Outlook to receive on start up. There is an option to send, > but not to receive. You need to set a polling interval. In O2003 go to Tools-Send/Receive-Send/Receive Settings-Define Send/receive groups and set a time interval for polling for mail. HTH Hi Gordon, Yeah I've done that, but I want O2003 to auto receive at start. J...

Intermittent file save errors
When working with a 7.5 meg workbook in Excel 2000 every now and again we get the following error msg "Your changes could not be saved to 'BOOK1.XLS', but were saved to '4CCA4100'. Close the existing document, then open the temporary document and save it under a new name." We save to a network drive.The local drive has plenty of free space. Is the file too big? This type of error is usually caused by too many files in your C:\Temp directory. Delete all files in C:\Temp directory and see if the error persists. Regards Jed "Bernard" <bernard@e-inn...

Email Issue #2
I'm having an issue that I can't seem to get to the bottom of. I can send email without an issue except for when I'm emailing two doamins in practicular. Our setup is such that mail sent via exchange is sent our antispam/antivirus server using a smarthost and that server sends it out. According to the logs a reverse dns lookup fails as the reason the mail is being rejected. From some reserch this could happen if there is no pTR record created in our DNS which in our case is hosted by our ISP. Would tyou concurr that his would be a probelm. Some administrators have conf...