create a rule for *@domain.dns

hi,

i'd like to create a mail rule in my outlook2003.
All mails from   domain.dns  should be moved to a specific folder.

but what is the wildcast character?  i tried *@domain.dns and @domain.dns as
well as domain.dns
but it seems that only complete adresses like user@domain.dns are allowed.
but i don't know "all" adresses of that company.

So how to create such a rule?

thanks for any help on this.

Jan

0
histery (7)

Jan Schmidt wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'd like to create a mail rule in my outlook2003.
> All mails from   domain.dns  should be moved to a specific folder.
>
> but what is the wildcast character?  i tried *@domain.dns and
> @domain.dns as well as domain.dns
> but it seems that only complete adresses like user@domain.dns are
> allowed. but i don't know "all" adresses of that company.
>
> So how to create such a rule?
>
> thanks for any help on this.
>
> Jan

Go to Tools-Rules and Alerts. Choose "New Rule". Start with a blank rule,
and choose the option "With specific words in the message header". Add
"@donain.dns". (Without the quotes of course)

HTH

0
gordon7598 (483)
5/10/2006 6:47:45 AM
Jan Schmidt <histery@gmx.net> wrote:

> i'd like to create a mail rule in my outlook2003.
> All mails from   domain.dns  should be moved to a specific folder.
>
> but what is the wildcast character?

There is no wildcard characters in rules.

> i tried *@domain.dns and
> @domain.dns as well as domain.dns
> but it seems that only complete adresses like user@domain.dns are
> allowed. but i don't know "all" adresses of that company.
>
> So how to create such a rule?

Use the "with specific words in the sender address", making the specific
words "domain.dns"
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
5/10/2006 1:15:01 PM
See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/rules.htm.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Jan Schmidt" <histery@gmx.net> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i'd like to create a mail rule in my outlook2003.
> All mails from   domain.dns  should be moved to a specific folder.
>
> but what is the wildcast character?  i tried *@domain.dns and @domain.dns
> as well as domain.dns
> but it seems that only complete adresses like user@domain.dns are allowed.
> but i don't know "all" adresses of that company.
>
> So how to create such a rule?
>
> thanks for any help on this.
>
> Jan

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/10/2006 1:47:03 PM
All right,

thanks folks,
you pointed me to the right method.

i didn't found the "with specific word" action before...

thanks

Jan

0
histery (7)

Can't dynamicly create a VB control that uses Infragistics controls
Hi, I've created a VB6 control that uses the Infragistics NumEdit and ComboBox. I dynamically create the control on a MFC C++ Window. This works fine on my dev machine, but not on any other machine. All controls are registered on the other machines. I also created a VB6 app that uses my VB control on a form. Package it up and install it on the same machines and it works fine, yet my app still can't create the same control dynamically. If I take the Infragistics controls off my control, and I can create My control. What can I do to create the control dynamically? I think the Infragi...

New users don't get email box when created in Active Directory
When I create a new user on my Windows 2000 server, in Active Directory, I automacticly get the option to create a mailbox for this new user in the Exchange 2003 server. I make sure the option is checked, but when I finish the process of making the new user, the new user doesn't get a mailbox. I'm able to go into the "E-mail Addresses" tab inside the properties box for the new user, and add a New SMTP address for that user. Then I have to go into ADSI Edit to change the "msExchaUserAccountControl" value to 0. ( I did this because I got errors 1022 and 9562 in...

dns and ip problems
I changed my ip adress on my comp, which is on a domain. But when i try to ping or get to my comp by domain name i get the old ip adress(the old ip adress is given to another comp)?!!?? I tried to get my self off the domain then change the ip and then join again but still the same problem. Cant find anywhere on my exchange where to change the ip adress or where it is linked to my domain name. When i do nslookup for my domain name allso gives me the old ip adress. pls help thx its a win2000 server "POLILOP" <fmatosic@@inet.hr> wrote in message news:udUuq7Z1FHA.460@...

Access exchange from different domain
Is there anyway I can configure Outlook to access mailboxes on a non-native domain without establishing a trust between domains? I need to keep both domains completely separate. Possible, assuming user account is in Forest with Exchange - you will get authentication prompts every time you start Outlook. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Jeff" <topnikko@hotmail.com.discuss> wrote in message news:%23$cgAQwIHHA.5104@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there anyway I...

excel 2000 wont let me create chart
is there something that I could have done to shut off the charts? It wont let me select the chart icon. THANKS TO ANYONE THINKING ABOUT THIS ONE - THE WORKBOOK WAS SHARED! NOW IT IS NOT AND I HAVE MY CHART!! DUH "tjr" wrote: > is there something that I could have done to shut off the charts? > It wont let me select the chart icon. ...

Reconnect Exchange 2003 to a rebuild domain
Hi all, There is only 1 2003 DC on the network called Server1 and Exchange 2003 another server called Server2. Due to hardware problem, server1 die and unable to recover from backup. Therefore AD information is lost and a new domain (with the same domain name) need to be setup. Previous user accounts that was in the old box need to be recreated. How should I go about reconnecting Exchange 2003 mailboxes to these accounts and what about public folder?? Do I need to rebuild exchange?? Thanks your help in advance. Mei ...

Creating a regular expression
I have been trying to create a Quote # based on 3 boxes on a form for a while now and havent been able to make it work. This is mostly because I do not have a foundation or understand some of the fundamentals of VBA. Fields associated with the problem: [QuoteID] - PK on the table [QuoteNumber] - field that stores the quote number, is required, [Date] - field that is set as Date() [PKSalesID]- is the a FK on the table and is displayed as [SalesID] from another table These fields are all on the same form. When I press a button called create a cmdCreateQuote it should Populate the field...

COP AUTO-CREATE RETURN
When we use create return through extras and open Invoice Document Lookup no invoices are listed. In our other company the feature works fine. I logged in as sa and that did not help. This is a newer company, is there a setup procedure that needs to be completed? -- Thanks for your help Jayne The only way I could replicate that behavior was by not selecting a customer first from the Create Returns window. -- Charles Allen, MVP "shoedog" wrote: > When we use create return through extras and open Invoice Document Lookup no > invoices are listed. In our other co...

Help in Creating Relationships in a table
Hi This is a follow to a previous question concerning relationships in a table. These are my tables I have in my database. Students StudentsID LastName FirstName HomeroomTeacher (ohter info relating to the student) Cases CaseNo_ID <PK> StudentID <FK> Categories CategoryID <PK> Category (e.g. School, Community, Individual, Peers, Family) Issues IssuesID <PK> Issues (text, e.g. lack of role models) CategoryID <FK> StudentIssues CaseNoID <link to Cases Table> IssuesID <Link to issues Table> ...

Need rule to move email from one folder to another after 1 month
We recently installed Newforma at our office which moves email out of Outlook and into its own system. This will help people in our office who were having a terrible time archiving email. The one problem I've got with Newforma is that once an email has been moved to it from Outlook I can no longer see the email from my iPhone through our exchange server. What I'd like to do is have a rule set up in my email folders in Outlook to keep the email there for a set time (30 days) and then move them to the Newforma folder which then initiates Newforma moving the email out of Outlook....

In Outlook 2003 I can't get the 'run now' to work in 'rules&Alerts
Hello, I'm using the MS Office trial at present and have been trying to set-up automatic replies. Despite following the assistant guide to the letter on configuring this I am still unable to get the 'run now' button to action my requests. All my other settings such as my pop.wanadoo server are in order. Any clues would be wonderful! What type of email account are you trying to run the rules on? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

Changing the domain name for outbound mail
My company recently acquired another company. Management wants all outbound mail for the acquired company to reflect the new identity. So outbound mail should say user@newcompany.com instead of user@oldcompany.com The acquired company is running Exchange 2003. How does one go about this? Thanks, configure the appropriate MX/A records for the new domain, and a recipient policy to accept email for that domain...you can use AD modify to add the new address to everyone's mailboxes and set it as primary...when the address is configured as the primary one, it will appear as the addr...

Creating hyperlinks
I have created a sort of Table of Contents of project names held within row 3 of a worksheet. This I achieved by modifying an entry on www.contextures.com (FN0006 - Extract List of Unique Items -- Use formulas to extract unique items from a list. Based on an example from Paul Cumbers), outputting the result using =IF(MAX(NameCount)<ROW(1:1),"",HLOOKUP(ROW(1:1),NameList,2)) .. .. .. =IF(MAX(NameCount)<ROW(22:22),"",HLOOKUP(ROW(22:22),NameList,2)) NameCount is defined as "=OFFSET(Demand!$Q$2,0,0,1,239)" NameList is defined as "=OFFSET(Demand!$Q$2,0,0,2,...

Can't finish this rule
I'm trying to construct a rule that will send an automatic reply to all mail addressed to a certain address I use, and then not leave anything in the inbox or sent folder. In other words, the original received message should end up deleted from my Inbox, and the auto reply should not end up in my Sent folder. I managed to get the auto reply to send, but dont see any options for deleting the leftover messages. Looked at the "Custom Action" option, but the drop downlist is empty. Any help would be appreciated. Bob Only the Out of Office Assistant leaves no me...

Creating a Custom Toolbar/Menu unique to a Workbood
I have been trying for about a week to create a toolbar for use by a particular workbook and that workbook alone. Creating the toolbar was no problem and I named it 'Budget Toolbar.' It contains a very limited set of the 'normal' Excel objects such as File Save As and a few others plus commands to run macros which exist in the parent workbook,Budget.wk.. If I open Budget.wk. the toolbar appears right where I put it. The trouble is that if I open another workbook, the Budget Toolbar appears in that workbook also and I have to View/Toolbars and uncheck Budget Toolbar to mak...

can I create a group calendar-show all team members in one calend
Is there a way to create a group calendar that will show all team members for a day/week/month/ and that everyone can access? It seems crazy to have to enter my schedule on multiple calendars for multiple purposes/teams Version of Outlook? Are you using Exchange server? File, open other users calendar is the usual method. In 2003 and 2007, you can view everyone's calendar at once. Another solution is group schedule- its on the actions menu when viewing the calendar. Each team member will need to make their own groups though. It's generally easier than showing mul...

Redirecting to a website to port in DNS
Hello, I have a web server running on a windows 2003 server box that listens on port 8000. What I would like to do is not have to type in SERVER_NAME:8000 but instead have some kind of record in DNS for APPLICATION_NAME that brings the webapp listening on port 8000 up, hiding from the user that it is listening on a different port. How can I do this within DNS? Thanks. "KDawg44" <kdawg44@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:a6bb84bb-8087-43af-9fdc-67499e671be2@g19g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...= > Hello, >=20 > I have a web server running on a windows 2...

Mail fwd'd by Rules doesn't forward and just "disappears"
Exchange 2003 w/ SP1 : Windows Server 2003 w/ SP1 : Intelligent Message Filter enabled : No 3rd party filters, blockers, etc. Business Problem: Various executive users are setting up rules in outlook 2003 that when mail arrives which meet certain conditions that mail is forwarded to the user's smart phone. These rules are not working and in the Exchange Message Tracking Center here's what is happening: 8/12/2005 8:44 AM SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store 8/12/2005 8:44 AM SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing 8/12/2005 8:44 AM SMTP: Started Message Submission t...

.Net Compiler Creating Wrong Namespace In Discovery file
I have two web services running on my server. One is ABC.asmx the other is ABC_D.asmx both are in seperate folders... When I compile the project for abc.asmx the Namespace information in the resource.map.vb file is http:\\127.0.0.1\ABC_D Do you know what may be causing this, Thanks for the help ...

Creating a form to supply parameters to a report
I have created a report using a form to supply parameterers. I used the instruction provide in Access Help under Using parameters with queries and reports. When I open the report the form opens but none of the text boxes or command buttons are visible. When I open the form in design view it runs a debug and opens visual basics with this highlighted in yellow: AccessObject = CurrentProject.AllForms(strFormName) This is the code provided in the instuctions. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks! What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to create a report that when you open it,...

Exchange 2003 for multiple domains
I have followed the steps in this article ( http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/hardware/0,39047114,39013988,00.htm ) and it's not working as anticipated. I setup a test account and created the mailbox in the appropriate storage group but when I run Outlook using the test account it shows me the wrong GAL and public folders. I am getting the address book and public folders from the first storage group.What could be the problem? I tried following KB article 822940 but one of the problems I see is that it wants me to strip permissions from the Default GAL which is a problem because all of my...

[?] FEED: create some rules
HI, is it possible with WLM to create some rules for the FEED? I would for instance like that to every FEED corresponds a rule that sends me him with an E-mail to xxx@yyy.com I have looked for in all the menus but I don't find this possibility. I apologize me for the English... regard's Anto ...

Creating Forms in Exchange
Ok. I have a new small office client that needs to have a system designed. He tells me, that they have about 5 new sales a week and for each sale they need to fill out 7 Excell Sheets. His files are becoming unmanagable and he needs help. Several people need to access the same files and the boss needs to access them for final approval. I was thinking if Exchange Forms can be used? Can these 7 Excell sheets be converted into Forms, where the salesman can fill them out in outlook and then send them to public folders or something like that for other people to access them and for archival pu...

conf room resource in mixed mode domain
I'm in the final stages of migrating from 15 exchange 5.5 servers to a 4 node 2003 cluster. I'm in a 2003 mixed mode domain. I still have 27 NT 4 BDCs, and it will be a while before I'm rid of them. My company uses conference rooms, meeting requests, and calendaring very heavily. All conference room mailboxes are still on the 5.5 servers. The permissions are very tightly controlled as to who can book, edit, delete, etc. These permissions are currently set with distribution lists. Now for the problem. I have read, and seem to be able to confirm, that I can't set permissi...

Creating an expression to pull a particular record
I have a form which contains milestones and I have a separate table for progress notes. I would like for the user to be able to select the milestone for review and than on that same form select a command button to pull up the corresponding progress note. Currently, I have a query attached to the command buttom and it requests the parameter value but I was trying to find another way to do this same action without the request for a parameter value. Do I need to clarify my questions? sarchie wrote: >I have a form which contains milestones and I have a separate table for >progress not...