Hi all,

I belong to a social group, and our co-ordinator sends out an email from
time to time with all the latest addresses in the To list.
I already have a distribution list for the group, which then needs to be
checked through and updated. Is there a simple way of transferring those
addresses into my own distribution list? I'm using Outlook 2002.
Everybody's fiddling around with bits of paper - I'll be a hero if I can
make it easy for them!

Thanks.

Astley

0
ast1 (2)

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041105.htm
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Astley" <ast@exemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I belong to a social group, and our co-ordinator sends out an email from
> time to time with all the latest addresses in the To list.
> I already have a distribution list for the group, which then needs to be
> checked through and updated. Is there a simple way of transferring those
> addresses into my own distribution list? I'm using Outlook 2002.
> Everybody's fiddling around with bits of paper - I'll be a hero if I can
> make it easy for them!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Astley

0
russval1 (2100)

Outlook Contacts when addressing an email
I'm using Outlook 2003. Previously I could create an email, click the To button and search my list of Outlook contacts for the person I was after and move them into the To field. I've just had my account moved to an Exchange server but I still have all my Contacts but I can't seem to access them when addressing an email or searching on the toolbar for a contact. Anyone know how I can bring them back to life?? Many thanks - Andrew Hi Andrew, have a look on this site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287563/en-us -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public Sh...

MX/Smart Host/SMTP Address Space scenarios
By http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294736, we understand that unlike Exchange 5.5 you don't have to create SMTP connectors unless you're interested in servicing certain conditions, such as SMTP address spaces. For the most part, we don't need anything special, we forward everything to a smart host except for about 15 domains. You can configure every SMTP virtual server to forward all its SMTP mail to a smart host. --is it correct to assume that this means for all domains except your internal, or will it force the smart host to accept everything you&...

2007 Outlook Creating folder when saving a HTML email with attachm
In Outlook 2007, when you open an email that is in HTML format with an attachment and want to save the email and attachment (specifically to a network drive), you click on File, Save As (not Save Attachments), it creates the email message as a HTML document, but there is no attachment in that document. It also creates a new folder in the same network folder the HTML document is in with the same name. The new folder contains 3 files, colorschememapping, file list which show as XML document and a file themedata which shows as Microsoft Office Theme. Is there any way to change t...

Mi IP address.
I need to retreive the ip address of the machine my application is currently running on. I know(Or think) MFC does not have support for these kind of things. I'm right or wrong? how could one actually do this best? Many thanks in advance Use gethostname and then gethostbyname. The 'hostent' structure (h_addr_list member) will give you the ip address. "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> wrote in message news:u5EjXumkEHA.3372@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > > I need to retreive the ip address of the machine my application > is currently runni...

Outlook, contacts and address book
Hello When I opne a distribution list that is empty, and I want to add addresses it opens the address book. That means I have a bunch of names that I do not know about unless I can 'see' what they relate to ie: category. Sorrily that does not exisits in the PAB but there is no way to create a distribution list without the PAB? or is there? This is beyond confusing at the least..... I need a simple thing from one side I have a series of contacts sorted by categories. I have a distribution list and I want to have the contacts from a specific category to be in the distribution list. H...

Exchange 2003 Distribution List Creation
I have over 100 email addresses in a word document that I need to use to create an email distribution list. Is there an easy way to import all these addresses into the distribution list's members area? Or am I stuck typing in each one by hand? Thanks for any help! You could use a tool like LDIFDE. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237677 Nue "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E73943C3-55F6-40B0-BC5D-811491A64769@microsoft.com... >I have over 100 email addresses in a word document that I need to use to > create an email di...

Sorting Lists...
Is there an MFC class that allow sorting of CStrings? joe # AFAIK, that is not possible, you have to do that yourself. I found this too: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/Cplusplus/Q_20094694.html Regards, Elias See KB articles Q120961 - HOWTO: How to Sort a CStringArray in MFC Q216858 - HOWTO: Quick Sorting Using MFC CArray-Derived Classes -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Joey" <MSForum_2@NOspamPleaseKybert.co.uk> wrote in message news:#2nzo6gRDHA.2636@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... &g...

Sharing task lists #2
Is it possible to share other task-folders than the default "Tasks" folder ? I made a folder (containing mail/post items) and putted a task-folder inside it. I have given permissions to other users on the exchange server, but when they open my shared tasks they only see the default Tasks folder. TWH Thor W Hammer <thorwhammer@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to share other task-folders than the default "Tasks" > folder ? > I made a folder (containing mail/post items) and putted a task-folder > inside it. I have given permissions to other users...

word 2007 deleting listed documents?
-- Hammy "Hammy" <Hammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0729B5A5-5456-48B9-B30D-59B72931F7B1@microsoft.com... > Nothing Please use the BIG WHITE SPACE to write your question in. What are you talking about? Please re-post and give us proper details of your problem... Looks like you got more serious problem. Word 2007 deletes the content of you post too!! "Hammy" <Hammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0729B5A5-5456-48B9-B30D-59B72931F7B1@microsoft.com... > > -- > Hammy In an Outlook newsgroup! "...

Address book / Contacts problem?
When I open the Windows Address Book in Outlook Express 6 and click "Tools", the "Options" is missing. Not just 'fadded' but totaly missing. I have no way to turn on or off my "Share information among Microsoft Outlook and other applications." What version of Outlook are you using? OE can only share with Outlook in 98/2000 IMO mode. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "RW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05f101c3d748$f09a0a30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I open the Windows Address Book in Outlook Express 6 >...

Are macros created in Excel 2003 compatible with Excel 5.0/95?
Hi, I need to creat some macros for a client. I have Excel 2003 but they run on Excel 5.0/95. Will they be able to run the macros that I created? Or do I need to save down my file for them to open and ruun it? Maybe, maybe not. It depends on what's in your code. Excel 2003 has an option to save in excel 5.0/95 format (but save as a copy!). You could do this, find a pc that runs xl95 and test the heck out of your code. (You could do minor testing by closing this xl95 workbook and reopening to see what was lost (userforms would be!). You may want to consider getting a copy of xl95 (e...

Prompting wrong address
For reasons I don't know why - I may have typed this address incorrectly sometime recently - Outlook is prompting both the right address and the wrong address for someone. The wrong address is NOT in Contacts and NOT in my address book. How can I stop this continuous prompting? Does Outlook have a memory that I can delete or something? I don't want to switch off the Address Completion feature. Thanks. DM Follow these steps: To delete names from the cache: 1.. In the Inbox folder, click New, and then, in the To box, type the first several letters of a recipient's name. ...

How do I hide the list of recent word documents?
When I write word documets, anyone can see what I wrote by looking at my list of recent documents; can that list be hide or protected? Setup Windows profiles for the users of your PC and don't let anyone else have access to your profile. If this is a company machine then while you may have sufficient access to hide the the recent files list, you are unlikely to have sufficient access to remove the footprint of your activity from the registry and the filing system completely. You have two practical possibilities 1. Don't write stuff on a publically accessible PC that you...

Control printing according to list box options
I have two list box's that control the report that is going to print. Text20 is the list box that displays the shed number, and the drop down list varies depending on what sheds are in the table. if a shed number is added or deleted, it is also added or deleted in the list drop down box.The row source is: SELECT DISTINCT [98MatingRecords].[SHED #] FROM 98MatingRecords ORDER BY [98MatingRecords].[SHED #]; The second is Text22, this list box has the sections in it and the sections are controled by the shed number, some sheds have 1 section some have 6 and some have 3 or 4, so the dro...

filter query based on single column list box
Thanks for taking the time to read my question. I want to filter this query by the values in my single column list box. I made this function to create the string, but the query doesn't like it. If I paste the string that the function returns into the criteria line the query works. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Brad SQL: SELECT tblPeripheral.Type, tblPeripheral.Location, tblPeripheral.[Serial Number], tblPeripheral.Model, tblPeripheral.Brand, tblPeripheral.[Model 2], ExportPeripheralInfo() AS Expr1 FROM tblPeripheral WHERE (((tblPeripheral.Type)=ExportPeripheralInfo())); Func...

Address book #5
How can i create an address book in which all the users from my active directory exist? Thx in advance all those peoplw that will anser my question Christoforos xpuser04 at yahoo at gr ...

Program Accessing Outlook Addresses
I have been getting this error ever since I download the latest patch for XP Office Pro - "A program is trying to access email address you have stored in Outlook...do you want to allow this?" If I click no it keeps popping up. I don't want to allow it if it is a program that should not be accessing my address book. I have the latest Norton Antivirus and Internet Security and download updates daily and I have a spyware detector that deletes any spyware. Both have been run numerous times and have detected nothing. Is there anyway to determine exactly what program is ...

need .Net APIs to create xml based on xsd
Hi, I'd like to create xml string based on my xsd file. Is there any .Net APIs to do this? Like in BizTalk 2004, you can generate xml instance based on xsd file. Thanks in advance!!! Cindy Oh, well. Sounds like the beginning of obsolescent words. --------------- You want to create a text string ? - with BizTalk 2004 - with xsd - with .Net APIs ++++++++++++++++++ With all due respect ! Does paper and pencil ring a bell ? ---------------- Sorry, that I don't have a 300 MB download URL for some windows 2006 Service Pack. Sure the ms.support sales people there will let you ...

successfully registered dll not available in COM reference list
when i run regsvr32, it looks like a registered my dll successfully. i get the message "DllRegisterServer in C:\...\<filename>.dll succeeded." when i check my registry, the keys for this dll is included. however, when i go to my project in visual studio 2008, the dll is not listed in my available COM referemce list. please help. ...

Access Mailing list problems
I am trying to create a mailing list from a county tax roll. I have a table with the following fields: PPIN(unique parcel number), OWNER (name of owner), C/O (mailing instructions), ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP, SECTION, TOWNSHIP, RANGE, CULTIVATABLE ACRES, UNCULTIVATABLE ACRES, TOTAL ACRES I want to create a mailing list from the data for each address that owns more than 100 uncultivatalbe acres in aggregate. Since an owner may own multiple parcels I want to sum the total acres each person/or address owns. The problems are: 1. I would delete duplicate records for OWNER but many parcel...

Allow price list changes at an order level in extended pricing
Sites need to easily change the price level or price sheet on a single order for a customer much like the standard pricing engine works. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

change csv list separator in excel 2007 Dutch version
I have Windows XP english version and office 2007 Dutch version. When creating a csv file from excel 2007 file a semi colon (;) is used as list separator instead of a comma (,). I already tried to change the list separator to a comma via Control Panel>Regional and Language options>Customize This does not work. When I change my current format to English (Control Panel>Regional and Language options) the list separator in the csv file changes to a comma. Is there a workaround so that I don't have to change the format every time? Thanks John Won't you have...

Creating a dropdown list #2
Hi I have a large amount of data that, according to certain values, is tagged with a name such as 'Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze'.The data is as follows: - Col A: Client Number Col B: Name Col C: Value Col D: "Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze" Col D is =IF(F23<100,"Bronze",IF(AND(F23>=100,F23<500),"Silver",IF(AND(F23>=500,F23<1000),"Gold","Platinum"))) The above is copied down a few thousand rows However, the sheet is sorted by Client Number and so COL D is not in order How can I create a drop-down list for ea...

Outlook XP (2002) cannot find reply address
When I reply to an email, Outlook does not find the address of the person I am replying to and instead asks me to tell it using that fun little dialog that creates a new address book entry. I don't need or want everyone that sends me an email in my address book, and want it to stop checking for an entry there and just use the one on the email I am replying to - like all previous versions of Outlook (97 & 2000) did. ...

mail merge; create new recipient list; can't open mdb to edit
Using Pub 2007 to create mailing labels for Christmas Card list. OK Under tools>mailing & catalog> merge OK Create recipient list > saved in My Data Sources. OK Returns to Pub and continue merge OK, but notice some typos in list. Back up in merge program and can edit by adding, sorting etc but not correcting existing entries. Save publication, try to Open (& edit) list.mdb Tries to open in access BUT "unrecognized database format" also tried to open with excel also NG Under advanced, noted MS jet OLE DB provider (don't know what this means) How can ...