Hi all,

I belong to a social group, and our co-ordinator sends out an email from
time to time with all the latest addresses in the To list.
I already have a distribution list for the group, which then needs to be
checked through and updated. Is there a simple way of transferring those
addresses into my own distribution list? I'm using Outlook 2002.
Everybody's fiddling around with bits of paper - I'll be a hero if I can
make it easy for them!

Thanks.

Astley

0
ast1 (2)

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041105.htm
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Astley" <ast@exemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I belong to a social group, and our co-ordinator sends out an email from
> time to time with all the latest addresses in the To list.
> I already have a distribution list for the group, which then needs to be
> checked through and updated. Is there a simple way of transferring those
> addresses into my own distribution list? I'm using Outlook 2002.
> Everybody's fiddling around with bits of paper - I'll be a hero if I can
> make it easy for them!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Astley

0
russval1 (2100)

Want to remove ADDRESS BAR
I have upgraded my Internet Explorer 6 to 7, after upgrading internet explorer when i login to CRM on all the entity screen i see the address bar line below the Title bar e.i. http://servername/loader.aspx How can I remove that address bar. Can anyone help me ? Thanks... On Mar 28, 6:21 pm, jms...@gmail.com wrote: > I have upgraded my Internet Explorer 6 to 7, after upgrading internet > explorer when i login to CRM on all the entity screen i see the > address bar line below the Title bar e.i.http://servername/loader.aspx > How can I remove that address bar. Can anyone help me ? ...

FROM address with multiple accounts wrong
Hi: I have the following email accounts setup in Outlook: user1@mydomain.com (set as default account) user2@mydomain.com user1@mywork.net Everything is POP/SMTP. I select different accounts to send. Here is the behaviour: If I send an email to anyone it always goes out as coming from user1@mywork.net , regardless of what email I chose to send from. (yes, I've checked the email settings in Outlook, all email addresses are correct--I even tried setting a reply address as well--no joy). So all my replies come back to user1@mywork.net. Weird thing is--I can only get the FROM address to sh...

Copy of attachment created
I've been using outlook for years but about a month ago, whenever I send an email with an attachment, a copy is made and it sits in my outbox. It is an email that is not addressed but has the same attachment in it. Any suggestions on why this is happening and how to stop creating these extra messages? are you using any add-ins? what about rules on sent items? What type of email account? What firewall, antivirus and antispam products are installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-t...

add an email address in body of email
I am trying to send a copy of an email address stored in my contact list to another person, by creating a new email and then adding the info into the body of the email, not in the To,Cc or Bc areas. In outlook Express all i used to do was to go to the contact list highlight the email address and the contacts info, copy and paste into the body of the new email. With Windows Live Mail I can't seem to do this. Any ideas on how to do it. Are you going into the contact list of the " New . Email" menu? That may be why you are having the problem. Before you select t...

Newbie wants to create a chart in an Access Report
I have been using Access 2003 for a year or so, and now I would like to create a chart, but am clueless how to do this using the Wizard I have conducted a survey - the results of which are presented in a spreadsheet (EXCEL) I imported it into an Access data base table, but now would like to have a bar chart that shows how many men and women (2 bars) took the survey (This is a field in the table) I would have thought this was easy, but I can't seem to even get close Can you help ?? Many Thanks JM There is a complete demo of a survey at http://www.rogersacce...

Cannot create folders then advised they exist (but I can't see them) in Outlook 2007
I am having huge problems creating new folders in Outlook 2007.. I try to add the folder as normal, then receive the message "Cannot create the folder. The operation failed. An object cannot be found", so I try again and it says "Cannot create the folder. The server says "Mailbox Exists". However the folder I have tried to add does not display in the Outlook folders list. So have gone to IMAP folders and completed a search on subscribed folders to see the folder I had tried to add is featured, but does not have an envelope next to it (I assume indicating i...

distribution lists...
I am attempting to send a customer newsletter to 200+ people. The newsletter is aa Word html doc. I sent it from the "Send To" command to a test distribution list of two people and it worked fine. When I send it to the one with 200+ people, I get the following message in Outlook: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: (The name of each person in my distribution list, then) None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient I have attempted to send this using other methods, and this is the only ...

List views
I have a list view in which I have selected grid lines in report mode. The grid lines show ok until I scroll down and then the horizontal line fall out of step colliding with the text. Does anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it? >I have a list view in which I have selected grid lines in report mode. The >grid lines show ok until I scroll down and then the horizontal line fall out >of step colliding with the text. > >Does anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it? Sadly, the fix is to switch off the grid lines :( PSS ID Number: 813791 "B...

Remove SMTP addresses from users
I created a policy to set up SMTP addresses, and it was applied to the wrong set of users. Now I want to remove that address from thosee users. I already created the correct policies, and applied it to the correct users. Now I want to clean up the SMTP addresses of the other accounts. How can I automatically remove those SMTP addresses? -- --- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Seminary Christian Unified Schools of San Diego It is not straightforward but read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318...

Word 2007: Multi-level lists
Howdy: I'm numbering the appendices using a multi-level list. The first level uses Alphas where the number of appendices goes beyond Z i.e. A B C .... X Y Z AA BB CC ... ZZ Is there any way that I can change the format so that when the list reaches Z, the numbering continues as follows: A B C ... X Y Z AA AB AC ... Thanks, -- Kim See the "Generate a number sequence like Excel uses to number columns" item under the Nifty Numbering section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at: http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/ -- ...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

hide names in distribution list
How can I hide names in distribution list? Using outlook 2002? Not possible with an Outlook/MAPI DL....I'd suggest putting your own name in the TO field, and put the DL/recipient names in the BCC (blind carbon copy) field. robert wessel wrote: > How can I hide names in distribution list? > Using outlook 2002? Use the BCC field. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer robert we...

two or mor list in a sheet #2
Hi, I have three list s in a sheet ,how can I know how many they are and the name of each(or a ponter to each) Thanks I presume you want to know this IF you have more sheets than three? One way would be to use a macro to create a table of contents. There are many on the internet, so after the macro creates the table you can mark all cells with the names of sheets and use excel automatical count function in the bottom left corner. Some macros also create links to these sheets... ...

GP 10.0 Purchase Order Generator is not listed why?
Hi, When I tried to open Transactions >> Purchasing preview window, Purchase Order Generator was not listed. Note: I do have Purchase Order Proccessing Module. One more thing, Every time I click home button (GP 10.0 home page), I got an error has occurred in the script on this page. How can fix it? Thanks in advance ...

IM, create batch before integration....
I'd like to fully automate an integration I'm working on. Right now I have to create an empty Sales Transaction before starting the integration. Is there a way to do this using a BeforeIntegration script? Thanks! VinceV Hi Vince, I assume you meant to say that you have to create an empty SOP batch before you run your integration. There is an option in IM that allows you to create a batch if one does not exist. In the Destination Mapping, there is an Options tab, which has a Missing Batch options, set that to Add New Batch if you wish to add one as part of the integratio...

Migrating Distribution Lists from 5.5 to 2K3 InterOrg
Hey everyone, Thanks in advance for any help. Here's my issue: Distribution Lists are one major limitation with Microsoft's Inter-Org Sync Tool. Basically, the Distribution Lists are brought over as a contact, and don't contain any members. In researching possible solutions (other than expensive 3rd party software) I found KB328871 that states I can "convert the distribution list to a public folder" and then migrate the public folder. . . . . hm. Anyone have any experience with this, or know what this means? Thanks! Try the script at http://www.msd2d.com/fileU...

Outlook Address Book not updating.
We run Exchange 2003 SP2 and have Outlook 2000 and 2003 users. The Outlook 2003 users that run in cached mode don't get an updated version of the OAB. If they are turned onto non cached mode they are fine. If we then turn them back to cached mode it uses and old OAB. I have tried to do a send and receive > download address book, but it doesn't update. I also renamed the the udetails.OAB file and it then downloaded this old OAB. I checked the server and it updates the OAB at 4am veryday. I can't even see anything in the Excahnge event log to say the OAB is been done...

Recipient Address Template Changes
Nothing of major urgency, but just something that I cannot get to work ... I run SBS 2003 (with Exchange 2003). Go into System Manager - Recipients - Details Templates - English and double click User. Go to the Templates tab and click Test to see the currently used address template. Now let's say I want to make some minor changes to this such as changing Zip Code to Postcode, or changing Pager to Mobile, etc. I make the changes, then click Test to check all is ok. However, my clients who are running Outlook 2003 in cached exchange mode NEVER get these address template changes. You ...

Displaying a text file immediately after creating it.
I have a section of code that needs to output to a text file using CStdioFile and then immediately display it using notepad. I have tried the following, but it doesn't find the file. However, if I go to window explorer, the file is there. Any Ideas? CStdioFile af; if (af.Open(theApp.WORKDIR+"steerprt.txt",CFile::modeCreate|CFile::modeWrite)) { af.WriteString(tstr); af.Flush(); af.Close(); } HWND mainhwnd = GetSafeHwnd(); ret1 = (int) ShellExecute(mainhwnd,"open",theApp.WORKDIR+"steerptr.txt","",theApp.WORKDI...

Can't send mail from other addresses
Hi. I have other old email addresses added to my Windows live so I still receive emails, which I do. However when I try to reply using that email address the server doesn't respond and I'm sure it used to. I get the following :- Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test' Server: 'smtp.tiscali.co.uk' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10053 Any ideas please ? Any...

How to change saving directory for my contact list?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change saving directory for my contact list? I am using XP with SP3 and Outlook Express, my system is installed on C drive, whenever I retore my system on C drive, my contact list is gone, is there any approach to relocate my contact list into D drive, so I still can keep my contact list after my system is restored. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric > ...is there any approach to relocate my contact list into D drive Only if you move your entire message store to the D drive (which better not...

Filter for bad email addresses
I am not a spammer but I do have a customer who has given me I a column with 1200 email addresses in it. The person that entered these emails sometimes includes or misses one of the following items. - an extra space - a missing period before the .com (or .net, etc) part of the email - no @ symbol Does anyone know of a function I could use to pull out any emails that have one of these problems? If I can do that then I can send those back to him with a note to fix. Thank you very much. You should be able to get rid of the extra space with TRIM and place the . before com net etc wit...

MO created from sales order
We generate MOs silently from our sales order if there is an inventory shortage. Now we want to change things slightly: 1. We want MOs to be generated from sales orders if sales orders are placed on site A. 2. We do not want MOs to be generated from sales orders if sales orders are placed on site B. How can I set this up in Great Plains? any ideas are welcome. Best option is Item Resource Planning. If Site is A then Replenishment Method is Make, if B then Buy. -- http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Jack Tundra" wrote: > We generate MOs silently from our sales order if the...

Post disappeared -- "paid using the address information"
I posted this last week and I don't see my post or any replies. What exactly does Money mean when it says "this payee is paid using the address information"? Does it mean that MSN Bill Pay prints and mails a check to the payee? When I e-pay my Comcast bill, Money 2003 gives it a date that's two days from now. My other e-pays initially get today's date in the register (until the check clears, when it changes to the check cleared date). I wonder why Comcast gets a different date than other e-pay'ees. The Comcast bill has sometimes cleared two days after I e-...

Create User Access
I want a user to be able to create users, mailbox and contacts on the server and nothing else. Waht groups should this user be member of? Elplz You'll probably want to make a custom set of permissions. Start with making them an Exchange View Only Administrator. Then apply permissions to the dbs or storage groups that you want them to be able to create mailboxes. Then use the AD delegation of control wizard to give them the permissions they need in AD. Nue "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00D12AC4-CDCB-4974-8E6B-509DB5C81188...