Hi all,

I belong to a social group, and our co-ordinator sends out an email from
time to time with all the latest addresses in the To list.
I already have a distribution list for the group, which then needs to be
checked through and updated. Is there a simple way of transferring those
addresses into my own distribution list? I'm using Outlook 2002.
Everybody's fiddling around with bits of paper - I'll be a hero if I can
make it easy for them!

Thanks.

Astley

0
ast1 (2)

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041105.htm
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Astley" <ast@exemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I belong to a social group, and our co-ordinator sends out an email from
> time to time with all the latest addresses in the To list.
> I already have a distribution list for the group, which then needs to be
> checked through and updated. Is there a simple way of transferring those
> addresses into my own distribution list? I'm using Outlook 2002.
> Everybody's fiddling around with bits of paper - I'll be a hero if I can
> make it easy for them!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Astley

0
russval1 (2100)

capturing replied addresses
Is it possible, using Outlook 2003, to automatically capture replied e-mail address and place them into my address book, ala Outlook Express? jobbque <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible, using Outlook 2003, to automatically > capture replied e-mail address and place them into my > address book, ala Outlook Express? I don't think so. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote: > I don't think so. I lied, because I forgot about this: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Exchange Client IP Address
Exchange Server-2003 Exchange Clients - Office 2003 Hi, I suspects that one of my clients is sending spam. I enabled message tracking and enabled the SMTP log files,icluding all the extended properties available. (Some of the outgoing mails has <> in the "From" field and in the queue i can see its probably the Postmater replying to the originators wich are most of the time other spammers sending to my domain junk mail.) Is there a way where i can see the IP Address of my client besides of his mail address? Thanks, Shif Arad ...

contact not listed in contacts
when i start typing in an email address in Outlook 2002, autofill comes up with three choices. two are in my contact list. the third (which is an incorrect address), when i right click properties, says it is not listed in contacts, however, it is being autofilled in Outlook 2002. how do i find and delete this email address. Also, there does not appear to be a name associated with this address, just the email address. is there a place where addresses are listed that don't have names attached to them? When that address appears in the drop-down, cursor down to it so it's h...

Items collection restrict on created
Hi all, Is it possible to do a restrict on outlook calendar items according to the items [created] date/time? Regards, Asaf Yes, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/finddate.htm . The field you want is CreationTime. Please do not cross-post. A post to one developer group should suffice. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "asaf lahav" <alahav@mecury.co.il> wrote in message news:uhvBnx%23OEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > ...

create a drop down list with the source from a different workbook
Hi, I tried to create a drop down list (Data > Validation > List) with the source from a different work book (If you type the list in a different workbook, define a name with an external reference to the list.). I followed the instructions given in the Microsoft Online Assistant. Iam not able to create the same as iam a getting a message stating that "You may not use references to other worksheets or workbooks for Data validation criteria." Try Debra Dalgleish's web site on this subject: http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Scroll down to "D", and see ...

Price List Precision
I need to make my price lists more precise (to 3 decimals). The products that we sell are pennis and fractions of pennies so 1 decimal doesn't cut it. How do I do this? ...

Account on List of Activities
Has anyone figured out a way to include the Account or Contact on the Activities list for Case and Opportunity activities? ------=_NextPart_0001_32498DD2 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, This is Mike responding. Sorry for the delayed response. There is now way to modify the Web Page Dialog boxes in CRM, which is what the New Activity page is. Thanks and I look forward to your next post! Kind regards, Mike ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issue...

Scroll to specific list box entry
I am trying to scroll to a specific line entry in a multi-select list box in response to a user-input search criterion (in a separate text box) so that the desired record becomes visible to the user. I can locate the matching record and determine the line number, but I can't find a VBA method to scroll to reposition the record. My intent is to enable a user to enter the beginning character(s) to locate the section of entries that begin with the user search criterion. From that position, the user can then select the entries of choice. I will appreciate any help. Richard Here a...

Count unique names in a list
hi How do I count a list of names, some names appear more than once. I only want to count unique names. I use excel 2007 Thanks Cassie One way... =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A20<>"")/COUNTIF(A2:A20,A2:A20&"")) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Cassie" <Cassie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B610A13C-FAF8-46EF-A63C-AAE88EEFB89F@microsoft.com... > hi > How do I count a list of names, some names appear more than once. I only > want to count unique names. > I use excel 2007 > Thanks > Cassie For ...

Need quick way to build distribution list
Hi. I need to build a distribution list quickly which has as it's members people sending me emails (people not currently in my contacts). But the emails aren't coming from the individuals, they are coming from a form on my website. So - all the emails come from the same address (my web form) - all emails are formatted the same - all contain an email address for someone who filled out the form I'd like some kind of drag and drop or automated way to "dump" all those addressed into a list so I can reply to them en masse. Anyone know of a way to do this using ...

how to stop rules created by the asence assistent
HI NG, we use Exchange 2000 SP3. I allowed the users to send absence notices during their hildays, but disallowed forwarding rules. Although i ysecured the systenm by this way, the users find a possibility to forward emails through the absence assistent. I don=B4t want to forbid this, but is there a way to stop these rules at a central point of administration? Or do I need to disallow absence notices? Birte ...

Bring in list of accounts in the Quick Journal setup
when setting up a Quick Journal, allow for an option to bring in a range of accounts by any segment of an account. For example, all salary accounts, all postage accounts.. rather than selecting each one individually or using the Table Import ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

update the same cell into another column forming a list on opening
hi there, i have made a spreadsheet to enter data and then view the resulting statistics that are generated, i have one cell that changes in value after entering the data, and i would like to keep a record of what values this cell has been, i was after a formula that would update that single cell's value into a column forming a list each time the spreadsheet was opened or the value in the cell changed, like a field perhaps, this would fill up the column with a list of results from which to generate more stats and a graph etc. any help would be great, thank you -- thank...

address book #21
i am fixing a clients computer and they moved the hard drive from thier old computer into the new computer to transfer files. they did not export thier address book to a .wab file before installing in the new computer. do i have to move the hard drive back to the old computer and export to a .wab file and then copy this to the new computer and import it from there or can i do it while the old hard drive is in the new computer thanks for any help curtis olson Outlook does not use a wab. Outlook Express does. Are you using Outlook? This is a group to support Outlook from the Office grou...

Can i let 1(one) person see the adress lists
Hi all (I really hope you can help me on this) I have one user who needs to control who is on the lists on the exchange server. I have hide the users who is on the lists from the domain users becausethey change the users and cause trouble. Is there any way that i can give this one user access to still view who is on the lists and control/add/delete if she needs to.Please, please tell me this is possible as it would make my life MUCH easier Thanks eveyone On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:43:00 +0200, "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote: >Hi all &g...

Randomly selecting items from a list given their statistical likelihood #5
:) SOLUTION: In case anyone in the future happens to stumble on to this post in th future with similar issues, here's what I came up with: where a6:a129 are the product names c6:c129 are the relative frequency selected 10,000 times in column k. from which I added 6 columns of rand() along side k and had a ro that selected the highest in each column and gave the correspondin product name which was then value pasted, placed on the side repeatedl for a random sample. Sub UsePercentDistribution() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 9/13/2004 by Douglas ' Dim Stylecount Dim ...

Exporting Exchange mailbox List
I need to get a full list of all users mailboxes sizes in exchange, i did that by entering each store ,opened mailboxes folder and export the list that appears, the problem that the total number of mailboxes in stores is less than the users in active directory which have a mailbox, can any body tell my why this is happining, and if there is a way to export all users names with their mailbox sizes for statistical reports without the need to open each store. The farm we have are windows 2003 active directory, no SP1 installed, and i have Exchange 2003 with SP1. Hi, It is possible for a...

Data Validation Lists
I have been searching the web all day, and I am not sure how to approach this problem. Here is a basic worksheet: ID Name Serial # 1 Joe ck9033n2389d 2 Joe 349-283fjrjh55 3 Bob c90320j34n5kjdf 4 Joe kgho95injhs 5 Bob 2353gdf745 Step 1: I have a drop down list with only one instance of each of the "Name" variable. Step 2: Upon selecting that name, I would like another drop down box with all the serial numbers associated with that person. Step 3: Then, based on the serial number, display stats in the same row for that i...

Only allow messages from 10 IP addresses
We have an anti-SPAM service where we set our MX records on the Internet for their servers which filters our email for us then forwards the mail to us - Works great. We also have the Exchange 2003 SP1 server setup so it does not route SMTP mail out - works great. A problem we have is that some spam houses and infected computers seem to know our Exchange Server's IP address and that it is the mail server for MYDOMAIN.COM so they can still SPAM us by connecting via SMTP and sending mail to our_users@mydomain.com which the server naturally accepts since it is not routing. We want to...

Vendor Address shown in Business Portal Requisition Management
We need the vendor address to show for requisition creators so they can select the correct vendor, example mutiple Hy-Vee stores, without giving them a great deal of access or purchasing authority. This flaw is causing checks issued to the wrong vendors in Microsoft Dynamics GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

Filename list into Excel
Hi, I would welcome help with the following problem: I need to generate a spreadsheet that contains the filename, date created and date modified (at least) for all files in a folder. I'm not interested in the content of theses files, I just need the file properties in a spreadsheet. Any suggestions as to how to achieve this will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Fred I do this all the time Go to DOS prompt, Dir full-path\*.*>c:\filelist.txt Use Excel to open this file Text to column -- Regards PY & Associates "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

public folders and global address list
Hi Folks, I have some calendars set up in my public folders for scheduling purposes representing certain conference rooms. I would like to place these calendars in my global address list so that when inviting to meetings, a meeting will be added to that room's calendar (as opposed to scheduling a meeting for people and room separately). Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? Thanks ahead of time! Matt Public Folder calendars don't make good resource calendars. The better option would be to create dedicated resource user accounts and mailboxes (i.e. user called Conference ...

What date was a batch created
I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch. I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system. Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers because it is not monitored officially. Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You will need to create a report based on this table. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Ma...

Outlook Address Book #23
Every time I click on 'New' to launch a new email I get this warning message. A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? This just started yesterday. Any ideas how I can get rid of this? TJ Did you recently add something to your computer or upgrade Outllook to SP3? Take a look at this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems "TJ" <tojensen@nesb.net> wrote in message news:32ba01c470fd$5fb63530$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I click on 'New' to launch a new email I get ...

Permanent Failure: Other address status
What causes messages to fail with this message? ...