could not read Chinese names

I am using windows xp English platform.
Just schronising first time my address book to outlook from my blackberry
curve.
everything goes well except I could not read the traditional Chinese
characters.
Only ??? there.
Any helps, thanks.

--
Paul

0
mcbml (5)

Do you have all the right character sets installed? I think you have to
install Traditional Chinese support for Windows to get the proper display.

"Paul" <mcbml@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am using windows xp English platform.
> Just schronising first time my address book to outlook from my blackberry
> curve.
> everything goes well except I could not read the traditional Chinese
> characters.
> Only ??? there.
> Any helps, thanks.

0
vince8328 (2733)
9/20/2009 8:06:09 AM
I have no problems to read or write Chinese characters in the Office excel,
word programs and IE and outlook express emails etc.
Those programs have the Encoding or Fonts for me to choose.
But this Outlook could not read Chinese as I could not find where is the
Encoding or Fonts.
By the way, my English Microsoft Outlook version is 2002.

"Vince Averello" <vince@omegageek.com>
???????:5A841303-B833-4976-83DE-119C0F38842A@microsoft.com...
> Do you have all the right character sets installed? I think you have to
> install Traditional Chinese support for Windows to get the proper display.
>
> "Paul" <mcbml@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I am using windows xp English platform.
>> Just schronising first time my address book to outlook from my blackberry
>> curve.
>> everything goes well except I could not read the traditional Chinese
>> characters.
>> Only ??? there.
>> Any helps, thanks.

0
mcbml (5)
9/20/2009 9:03:44 AM
I finally yesterday changed to install Chinese version Windows XP for my new
laptop.
The English version Outlook in Chinese Window XP platform could read Chinese
characters again in the BB schronisation.
Meaning English version Window XP platform could not do it.
So far I have found out.

"Paul" <mcbml@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D:%23WpEEFdOKHA.1860@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I have no problems to read or write Chinese characters in the Office excel,
>word programs and IE and outlook express emails etc.
> Those programs have the Encoding or Fonts for me to choose.
> But this Outlook could not read Chinese as I could not find where is the
> Encoding or Fonts.
> By the way, my English Microsoft Outlook version is 2002.
>

> "Vince Averello" <vince@omegageek.com>
> ???????:5A841303-B833-4976-83DE-119C0F38842A@microsoft.com...
>> Do you have all the right character sets installed? I think you have to
>> install Traditional Chinese support for Windows to get the proper
>> display.
>>
>> "Paul" <mcbml@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I am using windows xp English platform.
>>> Just schronising first time my address book to outlook from my
>>> blackberry curve.
>>> everything goes well except I could not read the traditional Chinese
>>> characters.
>>> Only ??? there.
>>> Any helps, thanks.

0
mcbml (5)

Compare Last name in Column to Business Name in another column
Hi All, I have 2 columns: Column A is "Last Name" Column B is "Business Name" I would like to indicate in Column C if the last name is locate anywhere in the Business Name column. For example: Column A = "Smith" Column B = "Smith, Varney, Ross Insurance Inc." or Column A = "Smith" Column B = "John J. Smith, M.D. LLC" Either of the above would give a match and need to be indicated in third column with text like "Matched" or something similar. I'm sure this is a simple text string comp...

Workbook name as variable to another workbook
Hi, Can you save a specific workbook name as a variable, to be used in a different macro? i need the variable to be saved and available to return to the specific workbook open if i have a lot of books open to complete the task. Regards, nigel Option Explicit Dim myWkbkName As String Sub runmefirst() myWkbkName = ThisWorkbook.Name End Sub Sub runmesecond() MsgBox myWkbkName End Sub If you execute runmefirst first, then runmesecond, you'll see that myWkbkname is available in the second. If you need to put the routines in different modules, declare myWkbkName as Public: Publ...

using the same name reference in multiple worksheets
Hi all, Dumb question, but I can't seem to get it to work... 2 spreadsheets ... In spreadsheet 1 (Year 2001), in formulas within that spreadsheet refer to, say, "Total" as ='Year 2001'!$10:$10. In spreadsheet 2 (Year 2002), in formulas I refer to "Total" ='Yea 2002'!$3:$3. But I can't seem to use the "Insert/Name/Define" function properly s that 2 ranges in separate worksheets refer to the same 'name' (if the were the same line, ie. both line 10, I would be fine). Any ideas, arghhh... -- eric -------------------------------...

Dynamic Offsetting, Names, Arrays, Range, Chart Values. NEED HELP
Hi, I would like to enter values into a Chart from a Named Array(Range). The Array should not be an actual Range, but a virtual array based on logic applied to a Range. In my case picking values in ColumnB based on values in ColumnA Ideally I woud like to write something like: Chartvalues:= OFFSET(ColumnA;INT(ColumnA/3);1) and then make a Chart out of it. (I actually want to do something more complex: a variable-width bar chart using an X/Y scatter, w/o using Bullen's method) My problem is that ONE offset is applied on the whole array, and not DYNAMICALLY to the different items. Need...

can't read
I receive mails without the attachents. instate i get (see below) as attachment. How do i fix this and see my attachment. ------=_NextPart_000_0002_01C3B4B2.B3230160 Content-Type: application/msword; name="Notulen statuten 26-11-02.doc" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Notulen statuten 26-11-02.doc" 0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAYAAAAAAAAAAA EAAAYgAAAAEAAAD+////AAAAAF8AAAD///////////// etc etc etc ... What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...

Access the "automatically suggest a name to enter" data ?
When typing in a name in a new e-mail, Outlook automatically suggests a name to enter, and I like this. However, I have many in there that I would like to add to my contacts. At present I do not want to type in "a" and then sellect one, then add it to my Outlook contacts etc and then repeat all they way through to "Z" Other than doing this ONE at a time, is there another way? Thanks You can't even add them one at a time the way you suggest. You can only add your autocompletion cache to your Contacts using third party software. http://www.ingressor.com/deskt...

reading another cell to place 4 amount
I am trying to add a formula that will figure out a dollar amount. example cell a1 has the number 12 in it I want cell b1 to say $100 if cell A1 is between 12-14, if not i should be zero. thank you in advance, Mike Manic -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com how about =if(and(b1>=12,b1<14),100,) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "manickmj >" <<manickmj.1cn5zf@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:manickmj.1cn5zf@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am trying to add a formula that will figure out a dollar amount. > > exampl...

Populate read-only form from SQL stored proc
Hello, I'm trying to open a recordset from a stored procedure and read the rs to populate my form but it keeps telling me that the rs is closed. I do... Set rs = cnnBE.Execute("exec dbo.uspGetBalance 1, '2007-1-1', 1") With rs Do While Not .EOF Debug.Print !AcNo .MoveNext Loop .Close End With and it does not work. However this works... cnnBE.Execute "exec dbo.uspGetBalance 1, '2007-1-1', 1" Set rs = cnnBE.Execute("SELECT * from tbltmpLastID WHERE UserNo = 1") With rs ...

Excel 2003 . . . Can't Delete Corrupted Defined Names
I have an Excel workbook that I created way back when I was using Win 95. I used it for the years I had Win 98, and now I'm using it under Win XP Pro. My problem is that long ago two of the Defined Names apparently became corrupted, and I want to delete them. When I click the Delete option, it goes smoothly, but the names remain unscathed. One name has a definition that refers to a non-existent workbook, and the other contains a #REF! in it. How can I make them go away?? Hi try the following add-in to find/delete these links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink....

Reading DBF files in Excel 2007
I noticed that some people were having issues that Excel 2007 does not read/write dbf files. I might be wrong - if so - please ignore this. I have written a simple vbscript to read dbf files. It is not perfect yet (needs work on typing). I have almost finished one for writing as well. Here is the reading script's URL: http://nerds-central.blogspot.com/2007/12/read-dbf-files-with-excel-2007- vbscript.html Feedback welcome -- http://nerds-central.blogspot.com/2007/12/baby-steps-how-to-become-excel- god.html ...

Name could not be resolved
I want to add one more profiles in Outlook but encounter error saying "The name could not be resolved". Existing profiles on that computer work fine. I tried to add the profile to another computer and it worked there also. Seems the problem is just happening on the first computer. Network connection works fine, internet access, server access, both work fine... Did anyone meet this problem? Any solution? Thanks in advance. Sam ...

underscores in the server name--affect on BP
Hello: I read somewhere that the server that you use for Business Portal 4.0 should not have underscores in its name. Our internal IT staff set up a server for me to use today to install MOSS, BP, etc. on it. It just dawned on me, though, that this test server has two underscores in its name. Is this really going to be a problem? Is there any sort of remedy? I don't suppose renaming the server is an option, huh? childofthe1980s It's a bug or a fix depending on how you look at it. Check out this link and it should answer your question. My gut tells me if you type in the h...

Mixing Local And External mail Accounts on same domain name
Please can any one help. Our local mail accounts are blah@ourdomain.co.uk. These are picked up from our ISP using the POP3 account ourdomain.co.uk, however we have some external mailboxes at our ISP for external users mailbox1-20@ourdomain.co.uk. How do I get exchange to send to the external mailboxes. Currently, the system thinks that the external mailboxes1-20 are local and do not exist. It sends me an error message back. I have a SMTP Connector with a smart host specified but it only seems to relay messages with domains the system knows are not local. Thanks for any resonses in advance,...

Create a lookup in Contacts for Account Name
I have three fields in my contacts form that relates to Account Names, but not the parent account name. Is there a way for me to create lookups on the Contact form and map them to my three custom attributes? I am not opposed to creating a new custom entity if needed. Thanks. In you case, you are looking to create 3 additional relationships to Account, which would then add the needed lookups. Unfortunately, in v3, there is not supported way to create multple relationships between entities. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM <nospam@meatonconsulting.com> wrote in message n...

Changing outlook reading panel fonts
Hi, One of my clients has a worker with very poort vision, he actually qualifies as legal blind, but retains enough vision to be able to use a computer, with a TV sized monitor on his desk. He find it much easier to read serif fonts, and so would like to change the font in the right hand reading pane in outlook 2004, and the reading pane when a message is double clicked to open the e-mail in it's own window. I can see no place in the menus to do this, can it be done using VBA ? Regards Glenn news.tpg.com.au <glenn.johnston@ecll.com.au> wrote: > One of my clients has ...

Getting the Database name from a _ConnectionPtr
Hello! I need to get the full database name from a _ConnectionPtr (in ADO) is this possible? I'm using VC++ 7.0 and MDAC 2.7 // Anders Crossposted to: microsoft.public.vc.mfc,microsoft.public.vc.database Replies will go to: microsoft.public.vc.database ...

Read/Write binary file data to/from string
Hi all I have not much experiance in reading/writing binary of files. I would like to read the binary data of a file into a string. It would nice to have it as string because I need to store it. After this I would like to create a new file from this binary string data. Is this possible ?? Thanks and best regards Frank Uray "Frank Uray" <FrankUray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72AC0DB4-EC3E-4E65-82B0-86C5AEAFFBC0@microsoft.com... > I would like to read the binary data of a file into a string. > It would nice to have it as string beca...

Need to change the resource in S. Chinese
Hello, Our application support in different languages, Chinese is one of them. I was adding few Chinese strings, I received in Word document, to exiting Chinese resource string table. In resource editor I can clearly see the strings in Chinese but when load chinese resource DLL everything looks in question mark (?). I've changed the language to Chinese in Control Panel. If I do the modification on other machine then it works fine. I'd highly appreciate any help here. Regards, Gurmit Gurmit, You must tell us more about your context. Is your app Unicode enabled? Which version of V...

Named range in workseet code
Hi I am using XL2003 This is a follow-on from a previous post. I have the following (meaningless) Worksheet Window macro: Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() With Range("CompNames") End With End Sub If the named range (CompNames) is on the sheet being activated, the code runs ok. If the named range is on a sheet other than the one being activated, I get the following error: Runtime error '1004' Application-defined or object-defined error If the code is put into a normal macro in a module, the error does not occur. Sub Test() With Range("Comp...

change column names to letters
Normally column headers have names using letters and row header has names using numerals. In my excel numerals are used to define both columns & rows headers. Normally you have A1 cell, and I have R1C1. How can I change to normal headers, so that Columns header would consist of letters, and rows header consist of numerals? Thank you very much. Tools>Options>General, uncheck R1C1 Reference style -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Raimundas Dundulis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01e601c3a7b9$657d6190$a301280a@phx....

How do I read saved email from Outlook Express
I saved my emails and address book with Outlook Express before getting a new computer with Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 will not read those files. How can I recover the information? Clint <Clint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I saved my emails and address book with Outlook Express before > getting a new computer with Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 will not read > those files. How can I recover the information? You have to configure those messages into Outlook Express on the new computer (see http://www.insideoe.com/ for the method) and them export them to Outlook from ...

Creating folder names from column data in excel
Hi, I have a list of names in excel, approx 500 long. I need to create a folder for each one. How do i do it automatically? Thanks You would use the MkDir statement to do that... it requires you specify the full path as its argument. This is the description provided in the help files... "Creates a new directory or folder. Syntax: MkDir path The required path argument is a string expression that identifies the directory or folder to be created. The path may include the drive. If no drive is specified, MkDir creates the new directory or folder on the curren...

font size of row and column names
Hi All, How do I change the font size of the 'A, B, C.....' column headers and the '1,2,3...' row names? and set my changes to be the standard? CHEERS --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi! This font is based on the Normal style, so select Style from the Format menu and then change the font for style name "Normal". Best regards Stefan H�gglund Microsoft "The Grinch >" <<The.Grinch.1b88wd@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:The.Grinch.1b88wd@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi All, > > How do I change the fo...

macro to create charts in worksheets with arbitrary names
I'm trying to write a macro to create and modify charts in spreadsheets with many worksheets. The problem I cannot solve is that the macro uses the current worksheet name (here Channel_1) in the code, as in the following short example: ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+a ' Range("G2:H11").Select Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterLinesNoMarkers ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets ("Channel_1").Range("G2:H11") ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Channel_1" End Sub which prevents it from ru...

Name Box Information
Is it possible for me to input the worksheet names that I have into the Name Box next to the formula bar, such that it creats a pull down menu that will allow me to move between the worksheets instead of scrolling around the bottom? There is already a menu. If you right-click on the arrows to the left of the sheet tabs, you will see the menu of sheet names. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ohpspe" <brenthecker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:52249BAB-B609-4BDB-9DCE-25E690BF12D8@microsoft.com... > Is it possible for me to inp...