Corrupt *.pst file

Have a large *.pst file that was running during a power outage, and
has become corrupt.  Outlook help suggests that I run scanpst, which
returns no errors in any of the file segments in both normal and safe
mode, but Outlook still can not open.  Have created a new *.pst file
and attempted to import from the old, same results.

No success with Scanpst, no success with import, no loading through
adding new folder to existing Outlook.  Any thoughts ??
0
metric4u (6)

Create a new Mail Profile in Control Panel, Mail.

"metric4u@yahoo.com" wrote:

> Have a large *.pst file that was running during a power outage, and
> has become corrupt.  Outlook help suggests that I run scanpst, which
> returns no errors in any of the file segments in both normal and safe
> mode, but Outlook still can not open.  Have created a new *.pst file
> and attempted to import from the old, same results.
>
> No success with Scanpst, no success with import, no loading through
> adding new folder to existing Outlook.  Any thoughts ??

0
Mary1 (682)
1/5/2008 6:25:01 PM
On Jan 5, 12:25=A0pm, Mary <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Create a new Mail Profile in Control Panel, Mail.
>

> "metri...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > Have a large *.pst file that was running during a power outage, and
> > has become corrupt. =A0Outlook help suggests that I run scanpst, which
> > returns no errors in any of the file segments in both normal and safe
> > mode, but Outlook still can not open. =A0Have created a new *.pst file
> > and attempted to import from the old, same results.
>
> > No success with Scanpst, no success with import, no loading through
> > adding new folder to existing Outlook. =A0Any thoughts ??- Hide quoted t=
ext -

New mail profile created, but how does that affect the old *.pst
folder ??  Still can't import -or- repair the old folder.

Sorry for lack of understanding.
0
metric4u (6)
1/5/2008 7:00:59 PM
Don't import the PST file, use File > Open. See if that helps.

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"metric4u@yahoo.com" wrote:

> On Jan 5, 12:25 pm, Mary <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Create a new Mail Profile in Control Panel, Mail.
> >

> > "metri...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > > Have a large *.pst file that was running during a power outage, and
> > > has become corrupt.  Outlook help suggests that I run scanpst, which
> > > returns no errors in any of the file segments in both normal and safe
> > > mode, but Outlook still can not open.  Have created a new *.pst file
> > > and attempted to import from the old, same results.
> >
> > > No success with Scanpst, no success with import, no loading through
> > > adding new folder to existing Outlook.  Any thoughts ??- Hide quoted text -

> New mail profile created, but how does that affect the old *.pst
> folder ??  Still can't import -or- repair the old folder.
>
> Sorry for lack of understanding.

0
KOrland1 (1012)
1/5/2008 7:16:00 PM
Indeed.
How large is large?
You can try alternating the IRT with a scandisk utility. If the Inbox Repair
Tool still fails to repair the PST file, you can use the following tool to
find out what can be fixed:
http://officerecovery.com/outlook/index.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
<metric4u@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Jan 5, 12:25 pm, Mary <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Create a new Mail Profile in Control Panel, Mail.
>

> "metri...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > Have a large *.pst file that was running during a power outage, and
> > has become corrupt. Outlook help suggests that I run scanpst, which
> > returns no errors in any of the file segments in both normal and safe
> > mode, but Outlook still can not open. Have created a new *.pst file
> > and attempted to import from the old, same results.
>
> > No success with Scanpst, no success with import, no loading through
> > adding new folder to existing Outlook. Any thoughts ??- Hide quoted
> > text -

New mail profile created, but how does that affect the old *.pst
folder ??  Still can't import -or- repair the old folder.

Sorry for lack of understanding.

0
russval1 (2100)
1/5/2008 7:17:33 PM
On Jan 5, 1:16=A0pm, K. Orland <KOrl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Don't import the PST file, use File > Open. See if that helps.
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "metri...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > On Jan 5, 12:25 pm, Mary <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Create a new Mail Profile in Control Panel, Mail.

> > New mail profile created, but how does that affect the old *.pst
> > folder ?? =A0Still can't import -or- repair the old folder.
>
> > Sorry for lack of understanding.- Hide quoted text -

No go - same error message.
0
metric4u (6)
1/6/2008 3:05:10 PM
On Jan 5, 1:17=A0pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Indeed.
> How large is large?
> You can try alternating the IRT with a scandisk utility. If the Inbox Repa=
ir
> Tool still fails to repair the PST file, you can use the following tool to=

> find out what can be fixed:http://officerecovery.com/outlook/index.htm
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]<metri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 5, 12:25 pm, Mary <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> > Create a new Mail Profile in Control Panel, Mail.
>
> > "metri...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > > Have a large *.pst file that was running during a power outage, and
> > > has become corrupt. Outlook help suggests that I run scanpst, which
> > > returns no errors in any of the file segments in both normal and safe
> > > mode, but Outlook still can not open. Have created a new *.pst file
> > > and attempted to import from the old, same results.
>
> > > No success with Scanpst, no success with import, no loading through
> > > adding new folder to existing Outlook. Any thoughts ??- Hide quoted
> > > text -

> New mail profile created, but how does that affect the old *.pst
> folder ?? =A0Still can't import -or- repair the old folder.
>
> Sorry for lack of understanding.- Hide quoted text -

File is just under 6Gb (I know - should have archived it a loooong
time ago).  No luck w/scandisk coupled w/IRT - will try officerecovery
and advise results.  Thanks for the input !!!

SKK
0
metric4u (6)
1/6/2008 3:06:42 PM
Which format PST file is this?
--
On Jan 5, 1:17 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Indeed.
> How large is large?
> You can try alternating the IRT with a scandisk utility. If the Inbox
> Repair
> Tool still fails to repair the PST file, you can use the following tool to
> find out what can be fixed:http://officerecovery.com/outlook/index.htm
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]<metri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 5, 12:25 pm, Mary <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> > Create a new Mail Profile in Control Panel, Mail.
>
> > "metri...@yahoo.com" wrote:
> > > Have a large *.pst file that was running during a power outage, and
> > > has become corrupt. Outlook help suggests that I run scanpst, which
> > > returns no errors in any of the file segments in both normal and safe
> > > mode, but Outlook still can not open. Have created a new *.pst file
> > > and attempted to import from the old, same results.
>
> > > No success with Scanpst, no success with import, no loading through
> > > adding new folder to existing Outlook. Any thoughts ??- Hide quoted
> > > text -

> New mail profile created, but how does that affect the old *.pst
> folder ?? Still can't import -or- repair the old folder.
>
> Sorry for lack of understanding.- Hide quoted text -

File is just under 6Gb (I know - should have archived it a loooong
time ago).  No luck w/scandisk coupled w/IRT - will try officerecovery
and advise results.  Thanks for the input !!!

SKK

0
russval1 (2100)
1/6/2008 3:33:10 PM
On Jan 6, 9:33=A0am, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Which format PST file is this?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]<metri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 5, 1:17 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Indeed.
> > How large is large?
> > You can try alternating the IRT with a scandisk utility. If the Inbox
> > Repair
> > Tool still fails to repair the PST file, you can use the following tool =
> > find out what can be fixed:http://officerecovery.com/outlook/index.htm
>
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]<metri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Jan 5, 12:25 pm, Mary <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > > Create a new Mail Profile in Control Panel, Mail.

> > New mail profile created, but how does that affect the old *.pst
> > folder ?? Still can't import -or- repair the old folder.
>
> > Sorry for lack of understanding.- Hide quoted text -

> File is just under 6Gb (I know - should have archived it a loooong
> time ago). =A0No luck w/scandisk coupled w/IRT - will try officerecovery
> and advise results. =A0Thanks for the input !!!
>
> SKK- Hide quoted text -

Not sure how to tell format - can only say that the file was created
using Office 2007 on a Vista machine.  Is that what you're looking
for ??
0
metric4u (6)
1/7/2008 12:48:38 AM
On Jan 6, 6:48=A0pm, metri...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Jan 6, 9:33=A0am, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Which format PST file is this?
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]<metri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Jan 5, 1:17 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Indeed.
> > > How large is large?
> > > You can try alternating the IRT with a scandisk utility. If the Inbox
> > > Repair
> > > Tool still fails to repair the PST file, you can use the following too=
l to
> > > find out what can be fixed:http://officerecovery.com/outlook/index.htm=

> > > --
> > > Russ Valentine
> > > [MVP-Outlook]<metri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > New mail profile created, but how does that affect the old *.pst
> > > folder ?? Still can't import -or- repair the old folder.
>
> > > Sorry for lack of understanding.- Hide quoted text -

> > File is just under 6Gb (I know - should have archived it a loooong
> > time ago). =A0No luck w/scandisk coupled w/IRT - will try officerecovery=

> > and advise results. =A0Thanks for the input !!!
>
> > SKK- Hide quoted text -

> Not sure how to tell format - can only say that the file was created
> using Office 2007 on a Vista machine. =A0Is that what you're looking
> for ??- Hide quoted text -

Recovery for Outlook vers. 2.0 demo appears to have been able to
recover almost all of my messages and calendar events, but not certain
about the contacts - they don't appear to have been recovered, but
difficult to tell.

Any other suggestions before I take the $250 leap of faith ??
SKK
0
metric4u (6)
1/7/2008 1:15:27 AM
metric4u@yahoo.com;8142542 Wrote:
> Have a large *.pst file that was running during a power outage, and
> has become corrupt.  Outlook help suggests that I run scanpst, which
> returns no errors in any of the file segments in both normal and safe
> mode, but Outlook still can not open.  Have created a new *.pst file
> and attempted to import from the old, same results.
>
> No success with Scanpst, no success with import, no loading through
> adding new folder to existing Outlook.  Any thoughts ??
I know your problem.you can try a popular Outlook recovery tool called
Advanced Outlook Repair to repair your PST file. It is a powerful tool
to recover messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged
Microsoft Outlook PST files.

Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aor/

And you can also download a free demo version at
http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe

--
zxr
metric4u@yahoo.com <metric4u@yahoo.com> wrote:

It would help if you were more judicious in quoting the prior messages.

> Recovery for Outlook vers. 2.0 demo appears to have been able to
> recover almost all of my messages and calendar events, but not certain
> about the contacts - they don't appear to have been recovered, but
> difficult to tell.
>
> Any other suggestions before I take the $250 leap of faith ??

There are other PST recovery tools that may cost less.  Google can find them
for you.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Corrupted Inbox Message
I have a message in my inbox that is unable to be deleted. It is causing an error in my nightly tape backup that is causing the backup job as having failed when in reality only this message was not backed up. My computer is connected to an SBS 2000 server and the mail is stored in my inbox. How do I get rid of this message? I have already run ISINTEG and ESEUTIL on the information store and the "priv1.edb" - the database integrity is OK. Thank you, Kelly Holland have you tried to do a shift delete? if that doesn't work, try using exmerge to archive the message out ...

Consolidating .PST files
My goal to consolidate several .PST files so that the Folder List in my Outlook Navigation Pane is less messy (there are too many folders), but I want to ensure that I am saving ALL emails (which I believe are saved by just dragging and dropping from one .PST folder to another .PST folder - please confirm) and ALL Calendars. Specifically, my questions are: 1) Can I consolidate several .PST files? It seems as though I can simply drag emails from one .PST file into another .PST file. Is this accurate? 2) I have a .PST file that is virtually empty. According to the Folder Prope...

edit Direct Deposit ACH file
would like to see a tool that allows editing of direct deposit ACH file similar to the PM EFT User Defined tool. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d4ef4f25-a5...

How to force special layout of File-as, Full Name and Company
When I enter a new business contact, "Johnny Rockets" for example, I want the Full Name, Company and File As to all show "Johnny Rockets" and not "Rockets, Johnny." Is there a way to cause that to happen without having to go back and adjust the items? Outlook 2007. vista. You can control it for new contacts - Tools, Options, Contact Options to set the file as format and the default name order. See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/contacts/contacts.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Revert 2003 pst to 2000
I have received a collection of emails that are stored in a 2003 pst. I have Outlook 2000 on my machine and need to view these emails on my machine. I tried exporting the email from 2003 (using a machine that has 2003) to a CSV file and then importing, but 2000 wouldn't do the import. Is this possible? Any ideas? Thanks, Dan dan.ward12 wrote: || I have received a collection of emails that are stored in a 2003 || pst. I have Outlook 2000 on my machine and need to view these emails || on my machine. I tried exporting the email from 2003 (using a || machine that has 2003) to a CSV file...

Find and Replace within an XML file
I was wondering if there is a simple method of replacing characters within the xml document. I'm looking at writing a Biztalk Pipeline that escapes illegal characters before they are processed by a HL7 assembler. I.E. replace all instances of &amp; or & with \T\ . I thought about converting to a string and using the replace function, but that would mean knownig all the HTML codes for characters (as the escape characters are to be dynamically chosen by the user). Where as I could via xpath ??? replace all instances of the original character such as &. Hope it makes sen...

How to output file to remote server via Out-File -filepath
I am using Invoke-Sqlcmd from SQLPS to execute a stored proc, and want to output a log to a path on the remote server that I get earlier in my script. So first I get the path by querying a table, and capture it in a $Path variable: $Path=Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "select value from MyTable where name = 'Path';" -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Servername" I then try to execute my stored proc, and put the output to the path I got earlier: Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "EXEC MyStoredProc;" -QueryTimeout 65534 -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Serve...

many Outlook Express eml files
Hi I just went from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000. I have a ton of Outlook Express eml files saved. How can I open these in Outlook so that when I send the email, it shows up on the Outlook sent mail list vs. the Outlook Express sent mail list? any ideas? thanks greg Outlook cannot use .eml files. Where did you save these files? In OE .dbx files? Did you export all of your subfolders to Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...

How to Read/Write ADO.NET DataSet XML file without .Net runtime in VC6/VB6?
The ADO.NET DataSet XML file is used in our system, But I want use VC6/VB6 to Read and Write the XML data file, Where can find the C++/MFC/ActiveX tools for VC6/VB6? thanks! http://gnonug.xocomp.net/Support/FAQ/551.aspx Transform ADO.NET DataSet to ADO Recordset Best Regards Onega www.fruitfruit.com "jiatiejun" <jiatiejun@126.com> wrote in message news:#m8vcOa2DHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > The ADO.NET DataSet XML file is used in our system, > > But I want use VC6/VB6 to Read and Write the XML data file, > > Where can find the C++/MFC/ActiveX tools f...

When opening Excel get File Not Found error
When I open Excel for the first time, I get an error that says "Microsoft Visual Basic" in the title bar and then it says "File Not Found" I am not sure what is causing this. Any ideas? Thanks! Try opening excel in save mode excel.exe /s if you don't get the prompt, then it is probably related to a bad addin you have selected in tools=>addins or a workbook in your xlstart subdirectory. (try moving any files found there). You can then start adding things back until you find the file causing the problem. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Andy" <anonymou...

Money 2004 Backup file
Hi Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it in the root folder. Thanks Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? >For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But >it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it >in the root folder. ...

cant open html file in outlook 2007
hi, i am having trouble opening attached html file . error is " cant create html file .press Right click on the mouse and check permission on the file" can any body help :( -- בכבוד רב, מישל ויאנקור Have you tried clearing Microsoft Outlook's secure temp folder? "michel" <vaillancourt.michel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:AF480A87-907E-464C-A8A1-6C208A477950@microsoft.com... > hi, > > i am having trouble opening attached html file . error is " cant create > html > file .press Right click on the mouse and check...

DAO360.DLL file
I am attempting to install Microsoft Publisher 2002 onto my Windows 98SE system. I have received a message to the effect that I only have version 3.60.2927.2 and I require 3.60.3706.0. Where can I get this file? This article, although addressing Access, it will be applicable to Publisher as well. You need to refresh your MDAC components. "Error in loading DLL" error message when you run a Microsoft Access wizard in Access 2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833220 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnew...

Convert Publisher document to a .pdf file
I create a multi-page newsletter using Publisher. How does one convert this to a single .pdf file? My first attempts (copy/paste into Acrobat) only produce page 1. Is there a way to capture the whole document which includes photos and clipart so that I can paste it into Acrobat? Thanks, EdC. You don't paste into Acrobat, you print the document to Acrobat. File, print, select the distiller or Adobe PDF, depending on the version of Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed C" <econgleton@snet....

viewing other publisher files
I have MIcrosoft Publisher 2000. When my friends send me Publisher files of the same year and version, I get an error message saying that Publisher cannot open files from a different source. Does anyone know what gives? Are you sure they are also using Pub 2000? Are you running Norton antivirus? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "freedom" <freedom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF95B6D4-85E8-4C5E-A8E1-1B2635AAEF23@microsoft.com... >I have MIcrosoft Publisher 2000. When my friends send me Publisher files of > the same year and version, I...

Numerous fsa*.tmp files being generated
I've noticed a large quantity of fsa*.tmp files being generated in folders on our W2K Server. We use MS Office apps only. Is there a setting on the server or within MS Office that can be changed to prevent this enormous clutter:( There have been a few posts about excel creating .tmp files in the same folder as the workbook file. I've never seen excel do this by itself. (It may create some .tmp files in your Temp folder, though.) I've never seen a good resolution to this, either. I always guessed that it was another program "helping out"--maybe your antivirus s...

excel file 2000
Trying to get to an excel file on the "L" drive but the file is said to be locked by "jdoe", its on a NW 5.1 Novell - one someone is working on this file - other users can't edit it too can this be done? thanks When an excel file is saved on a network drive. Only one person may use it at a time. Unless it is a shared workbook. On the Tools menu, click Share Workbook, and then click the Editing tab. Select the Allow changes by more than one user at the same time check box, and then click OK. When prompted, save the workbook. This should allow more than one u...

macro-import another xls file
Hi, i need a macro to import another xls file.When i run macro i need a window to appear and to browse to the file i need to import. I allways open another file, so i want to browse for the file. Can this be done? Thanks! Try some code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim FName As Variant Dim Filter As String ' Excel 2003 workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls" ' Excel 2007 workbooks workbooks Filter = "Excel Files (*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb" ' Excel 2003 and 2007 Filter = "Excel Files (*.xls;*.xlsx;*.xlsm;*.xlsb),*...

save files in FTP folder
Can I save the Outlook files on a FTP folder and have outlook 2003 access those files as defoult? Close Outlook - then cut and paste the outlook.pst file to the location of your choice. Reopen Outlook and when it whines, point it to the location of the saved .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Wilson <wdgouveia@hotmail.com> asked: | Can I save the Outlook files on a ...

Dialog getting hidden under HELP file
HI all, In my application I have a dialog & I launch HELP file from that dialog using F1 key. After that If I move the help file to one corner so that a part of the dialog is visible & click on the dialog & move it,it is moving,but when it comes over the HELP file,it is not overlapping but getting hidden under that. can anybody tell me what should I do to make it overlap the help file or give me a link that can help. Thanks in advance. Yes, that's how it is supposed to work. Help is a completely separate program, so its relationship to windows in ...

Some stupid questions about edit the aspx file
Hi, I'm quite newbie about asp.net & other web application. I've heared that we can put some code in the CRM aspx file. For example, we can make OnChange event to the textbox in CRM & put some code in it. I know it is unsupported by microsoft, but I need to know how to do it. I've been searching this newsgroup & microsoft.public.crm, but I couldn't found any sample. My question is pretty simple (or stupid, I guess): I've looked in inetpub\wwwroot\SFA\quotes\edit.aspx, but I don't know what to do. My friend telling me that the code behind, is under som...

Convert Text to Number on 4,508 excel files.
Hi all. I'm faced with a rather unique problem.I have a large amount of improperly formatted excel files. They all have various cells formatted as text, yet they contain numbers and perform calculations on the cells. I now need to get these in a proper state. What I need is: Conversion of all text boxes containing numbers over to proper format of number. Do it automagically. I don't relish the thought of opening each one individually and fixing it. Any thoughts, tips or ideas on this? It could possible if you process that works by Scripting . In Scripting engine 5.6 Filesystem...

how do I "point" to another global.mpt file in MS Project 2007?
we created a number of filters and maps in Project 2003. Can I point my Project 2007 to that existing Global.mpt file referenced by Organizer? Hi, You can only select the Global.mpt when you startup Project. The surest method is to start Project by double-clicking the Global.mpt icon itself Proejct will tell you (twice!!) that you cannot open a Global.mpt but by replying OK twice Project is open with the right global. Another way, without useless warning messages is to open Project by double-clicking an .mpp file stored IN THE EXACT SAME FOLDER as the desired global. ...

backing up personal folders (.pst) files for MS outlook
I am trying to back up personal folders on a cd. I burned the files to a CD. When I try to open them in Outlook it tells me the following: "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" and then "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file..." I have checked the permissions and I have full control. Any suggestions? Copy the PST files to your hard drive, right-click on them, go to properties, and remove the read-only attribute. William Wheeler wrote: > I am trying to back up personal folders on ...

Large file edit
How can I retrieve and edit a large text (735 mb) file using Publisher 2003? My computer have 1024mb (SDRAM) memory. Each time I try to load the file via the "from exiting publication" I get the message "Windows is low on memory. save your work and close other programs before you continue working" (all programs are closed)! How much memory does Publisher 2003 require, or what is it's maximum file size capability? Turn off "script blocking" in Norton. Does this error occur in safe mode? Could be a printer driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office....