Corrupt pst file #5

I was using Outlook 2000 and two days ago it stopped working, saying I have a
corrupt pst file.  I have used PST2GB and then Inbox Repair tool about a
million times but Inbox Repair tool gets an error at the end.

I have tried a program called Kernel for Outlook but that didn't work very
good.  A bunch of stuff was missing and then Outlook 2000 wouldn't start any
more.

So I went and bought Office 2007 and I still can't import, open or do
anything else with my old files.

I can't begin to explain how important it is that I get my Contacts and
Calendar back.  I know that's what everyone says but it's true!

Someone please have mercy on me!
0
Millermom (1)

"Millermom" <Millermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't begin to explain how important it is that I get my Contacts and
> Calendar back.  I know that's what everyone says but it's true!

Did you make a copy before attempting to fix the PST file? How about a
recent backup?

0
John
3/31/2009 4:16:29 PM
"Millermom" <Millermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I was using Outlook 2000 and two days ago it stopped working, saying I have a
> corrupt pst file.  I have used PST2GB and then Inbox Repair tool about a
> million times but Inbox Repair tool gets an error at the end.
>
> I have tried a program called Kernel for Outlook but that didn't work very
> good.  A bunch of stuff was missing and then Outlook 2000 wouldn't start any
> more.
>
> So I went and bought Office 2007 and I still can't import, open or do
> anything else with my old files.

Once the PST is so corrupt that SCANPST.EXE can't fix it or fails, there's a
good chance your PST is toast.  The size limit is in the PST itself so Outlook
2007 won't magically enable you to open it.

> I can't begin to explain how important it is that I get my Contacts and
> Calendar back.  I know that's what everyone says but it's true!

Looks like you'll have to pay for a commercially available tool that can do a
better job than SCANPST or a company that does Outlook data recovery.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/31/2009 7:01:38 PM
You cannot import from a corrupted pst into any version of Outlook
What size is this corrupted pst?
You may have to run the size reduction tool several times, trying the inbox
repair tool after each reduction

"Millermom" <Millermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was using Outlook 2000 and two days ago it stopped working, saying I have
> corrupt pst file.  I have used PST2GB and then Inbox Repair tool about a
> million times but Inbox Repair tool gets an error at the end.
>
> I have tried a program called Kernel for Outlook but that didn't work very
> good.  A bunch of stuff was missing and then Outlook 2000 wouldn't start
> any
> more.
>
> So I went and bought Office 2007 and I still can't import, open or do
> anything else with my old files.
>
> I can't begin to explain how important it is that I get my Contacts and
> Calendar back.  I know that's what everyone says but it's true!
>
> Someone please have mercy on me!

0
DL