Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

I am unable to empty the "Deleted Items" folder.  The
error that comes up tells me that the "Outlook.pst" file
has errors in it and to use the "Repair Inbox Tool".

I've tried using the repair function under the "help"
menu...to no avail.

I have also tried opening the "Outlook.pst" file in MS
Word, but the file is 129 megabytes!  It crashes MS Word
when I try to open it.

Any ideas?
0
bob7252 (1)

Look for scanpst.exe on your local drive and run it
against your outlook.pst file

0
anonymous (74722)

How can I restore my Deleted Items folder?
I have my email setup with IMAP, and while managing my folders I accidentally deleted my "Deleted Items" folder (the default folder created by Outlook). I cannot find any way to restore that folder, or recreate it and direct my deleted items to the new folder. Now when I delete emails they are just gone and I cannot recover them or "undo" a delete. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am now hesitant to delete anything as it will be gone for good if I do. Hi Seth, maybe this posting by Diane Poremsky could be helpfull: "Recover deleted items f...

Win Live mail does not delete mails on server after emptying "deleted items" folder?
Hi. We're using wlm as a mail client at the office and we set all the clients to leave the messages on server. Only one client is set to remove from the server after deleting from deleted items. This method once used to work but now it does not. We have to empty our inbox via the host's web mail application. What should we do, what is wrong with wlm? Should we use another mail client? Thank you in advance for your suggestions. -- australis Support for Windows Live Essential applications and Live Services is available in the Windows Live Solution Center Windows Live ...

Deleted Items Retention
Exchange System Manager -> Administrative Groups -> Domain -> Server -> First Storage Group -> Mailbox Store Properties -> Limits tab -> Deletion settings section In this section, I have the following settings: Keep deleted items for (days): 1 Keep deleted mailboxes for (days): 30 The mailbox management process that is supposed to apply these settings is not doing so. Deleted Items folders in user's Outlook clients never get deleted unless the user manually deletes them. I could really use some help with this one, as I have gone over a dozen or more KB article...

Outlook why does everything go to my deleted items and not inbox?
All of my messages are going into my deleted box and not in my inbox. How do I correct this problem? Flipper;111437 Wrote: > All of my messages are going into my deleted box and not in my inbox. > How do I correct this problem? Make sure you have no rules and make sure you are not scanning incoming messages with an antivirus scanner or some other add-in. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- http://forums.slipstick.com ...

OWA receive error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder"
Hello, I have a user encounter a problem in OWA (Exchange 2003 SP2) When the user try to "Empty the deleted item" in OWA, it show an error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder". It occurs intermittently, do anyone have any idea on it? Thanks a lot.. Best regards, Chris ...

new mails ending up in Deleted Items automatically
One of my colleges at work is experiencing a strange problem. When he receive mails some of them ends up in Deleted Items automatically. I have checked that the build in Junkmail filter is disabled and he has now rules at all that could automove anything - as far as I can see. This happens on his computer only. Any ideas? Application: Outlook 2003 SP2 / WindowsXP SP2 Connection: Exchange 2003 _and_ 2-3 POP3 accounts (receives all mail through pop3 at the moment - we all do that by the way.) /Christian ...

Deleted Items Folder #4
My Deleted Items Folder currently says Deleted Items (41). However when I view it, the message "There are no items to show in this view." appears. I can empty the Deleted Items folder but I cannot retrieve anything from it. jnanderson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My Deleted Items Folder currently says Deleted Items > (41). However when I view it, the message "There are no > items to show in this view." appears. Asd what View do you have selected? -- Brian Tillman >-----Original Message----- >jnanderson <anonymous@disc...

rule to move to deleted items after sending, not copy
I send some emails that I want moved to the deleted items folder after being sent. I do not want a copy put there. I want the email to disappear from Sent Items. I see no way to do that. Please help. Disable the generic "Save a copy" option in Outlook. Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortoutgoingmail.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "dgm"...

Archieving Error on MSN Deleted Items
Hi All, I get this message everytime my archieving runs...it says: Error while archiving folder "Deleted Items" in store "MSN". Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied. Does anyone know what this means exactly? -- Thanks, Geek using Outlook 2002 Windows XP Home Office XP Professional I get the very same message Outlook 2000. I am a software developer. If I was to display a worthless message like this, I would be fired on the spot. If an error was detected, the program could say what went wrong in the error message. It...

deleted items #7
Does anyone know what and how I can view and/or delete the 1129 items my Outlook says I have in my deleted items folder. 1 says unread. Thanks If can see the Deleted Items folder in the folder list, right-clicking on it reveals "Empty Deleted Items folder" If you can't see the folder list, it's under the 'Go' menu in Outlook 2003, and under the 'View' menu in earlier versions You can also empty the Deleted Items folder automatically every time you close Outlook. Tools menu > Options > 'Other' tab. Choose the 'Empty the Deleted Items f...

"auto" purging Deleted Items folders without user intervention
Where do I set the Exchange Server to automatically purge people's Delete Items folders after X number of days, without them having to do it automatically? I know I can do it by GPO, but I also remember there being a setting in Exchange that would do it automatically? Create a new Recipient Policy | in Property Pages select "Mailbox Manager Settings". Set policy attributes to delete stuff from Deleted Items after X number of days, or when it reaches Y size, or both. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -------------------------------------...

Retention of Deleted Items messages
I would like to force deleted items to be purged from the Deleted Items folder after a set number (7) of days. To put it another way, I would like a message to stay in a users Deleted Items folder for only 7 days and have the system "empty" it automatically. This is not the same as setting the "Keep Deleted Items for (7 days)" on the Mailbox Store, Limits properties. Same goes for a System Policy for Limits. These affect the retention of "emptied" items, not messages currently in the Deleted Items folder. I cannot find a KB article that addresses this seem...

Size of store and deleted items
As I understand it, Exchange 2003 retains items that have been deleted by users (meaning the user deleted it from their deleted items folder) according to the settings specified in Exchange System Manager on the Mailbox Store > Properties > Limits tab > Deletion Settings > Keep Deleted Items for (days) and Keep deleted mailboxes for (days)". First of all, is this correct, or have I misunderstood the purpose of this setting, or the meaning of "Deleted items"? If the above statement is correct, my question is this: Is there any way to clearly know how much ro...

Deleted item not showing in "Deleted Items"
Has anyone seen this before? I have a user that says he deleted an item from the "Inbox" but it does not show in the "Deleted Items" box. Others items he deleted however do show in the deleted box. Chad Is he holding down the SHIFT key when deleting? That would cause a permanent delete. "Chad" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message news:g7uodb0234o@enews2.newsguy.com... > Has anyone seen this before? I have a user that says he deleted an item > from the "Inbox" but it does not show in the "Deleted Items" box. Others >...

Setting Deleted Items and Sent Items to auto purge
Can someone please tell me how in Exchange 2007 I can set my deleted items to auto delete after 3 days and my Sent Items to auto delete after 60 days? I have read tons of stuff but have yet you be able to figure it out and we are going live tomorrow. Help! Thanks. Matt - Setup Managed Content Settings for Managed (default) Folders like Deleted Items - Create Managed Folder Mailbox Policies (this dictates how long to retain content in the folder) - Apply the policy to recipients - Schedule the Managed Folder Assistant to run Exchange Server 2007: Why aren't Managed Content Settngs...

Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder of outlook from VB6.0
Hi All! Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder from VB6.0. It is very helpful for me if the code is written in ActiveX DLL and can be called from any form of other projects. -- Thanks and Regards S. Viswanathan Viswanathan wrote: > Hi All! > > Reading mails from Sent items, Deleted items, Draft folder from VB6.0. It is > very helpful for me if the code is written in ActiveX DLL and can be called > from any form of other projects. > > -- > Thanks and Regards > S. Viswanathan > > Thanks! Next.... Did you have a particular questi...

Inbox now under deleted items
Some where along the line my inbox is now shown underneath the delete items box. Does anyone know how to get it back outside the deleted items tree? "James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042701c3dbb7$24112f70$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Some where along the line my inbox is now shown underneath > the delete items box. > > Does anyone know how to get it back outside the deleted > items tree? Just click and drag. ...

Exchange 2003 Empty Deleted Items
Is there a way to setup maintenance in Exchange 2003 to automatically dump items in the Deleted Folder? Our users are not cleaning out their Deleted Items Folder and after a few years we have several zillion items in user mailbox Deleted Items Folder. We have management's go ahead to set up a scheduled maintenance job to empty folks Deleted Items Folder on a monthly basis. The issue is we can't seem to find any documentation on how to set this maintanance job up. Can you help? Thanks -- NC Beach Bum Hi The feature you need to use is a Mailbox Manager recipient pol...

Recovering Deleted Items
A couple of items have been deleted out of our HQ database by mistake and still exist on the store databases. Transactions now show up in reports without any associated item details. I'd like to reinsate the deleted items with the same ItemLookupCodes, but this will only create new records with different ID's - and so they will not match with the records at the store. I suppose I could edit the relevant ids in the HQ Item table and HQ ItemDynamic table, so that they have ids that match with the HQID on the Store Database. Has anyone tried to do this? Are there other linked table...

My deleted emails don't stay in my Deleted Items folder.
If I read an email from my inbox then delete it that email doesn't appear in my "Deleted Items" folder. They seem to automatically purge. If I delete an email that has not been opened then that unread email does show up in my "Deleted Items" folder. I can do a right-click find on the "Deleted Items" folder and it appears to find emails but I'm not sure. I need to reset something so all my emails stay in the "Deleted Items" folder until I choose to purge them. The only thing I have done in the last couple of weeks is to compact m...

The "Recover deleted items " command does not appear on the Tools
I did some researched and found this one article to add it using the Advanced Option in the tool menu and selecting the Add-In Manager but the recover deleted item was listed as a add on option. Also my out of office command is also missing. Please Help!!! Those functions are available to people who connect to an Exchange server for email (usually in a business environment). -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "nadrobins" wrote: > I did some researched and found this one article to add it using the Advanced >...

Purging Deleted Items After Fixed Period
If you set a global option to purge deleted items after say, 90 days, will this take effect on existing messages in the deleted items folder that are already older then the 90 day limit? Thanks We have created a mailbox management job under recipient policies to do just this ... it deletes items that have been deleted and remain in the users deleted items folder for 30 days. but you can also have a policy that keeps items for X days in DIRF and this is under system policies - limits tab i think.... Corey_in_Canada wrote: > If you set a global option to purge deleted items after say...

Deleted Items re-appear in Inbox
I have had several instances of my deleted items suddenly re-appearing in my Inbox and was wondering if anyone else has seen this. Here is the scenario: * E-mail notification (envelope) appears in System Tray, but there are no new, unread messages in the Inbox * Inbox is suddenly populated with items that were deleted several months ago * There are no error messages and I am not synchronizing to work offline at all This has happened in August and again in October (just to show frequency. Does anyone know what might cause this? Thanks. Check and see if messages are being removed fro...

Deleted Items not emptying on exit
I'm running Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 laptop. I have a non-average setup in that I have Outlook connecting to a remote SBS Exchange server, my ISP (email is downloaded to a local pst file), and I have the Live Outlook Connector installed to manage my Hotmail. Outlook is working fine except for one thing. When I exit, it asks me if I want to empty the Deleted Items folder and I say yes, but it doesn't do it properly. The only Deleted Items folder that gets emptied is the Exchange folder. The Deleted Items folders in my pst file for my ISP mail, and the Deleted Items...