Corporate/Workgroup mode

I have two users on my computer.  If I change one user account to
corporate/workgroup mode, does it also change the other user to the
same?  I would like to have POP3 for one userand corporate/workgroup
for another.

Please advise and thank you.

Clarify what you want to do, your Outlook version and what you mean by "user
account." Outlook has not used separate modes for nearly 10 years.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
<cosmicmiami@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have two users on my computer.  If I change one user account to
> corporate/workgroup mode, does it also change the other user to the
> same?  I would like to have POP3 for one userand corporate/workgroup
> for another.
>
> Please advise and thank you.

0
russval1 (2100)
10/15/2008 8:19:26 PM
Outlook 2002 SP3.

I have two users on my computer, i.e. two "accounts".  If I want to go
to another user, I must Start|Log Off|Click user icon, to log on to
the other user "account."  This is found in Control Panel|User
Accounts, (using WinXP Home).

I use a VPN from home to access the work intranet.  That's why I have
two user accounts.  I have an exchange server at work I would like to
access from home using Outlook.  When I open Outlook from the work
"user account" and attempt to add the work email account, I'm told I
must be using Corporate/Workgroup mode and must add the email account
from Control Panel|Mail.

Thx.

Outlook 2002 SP3.

I have two users on my computer, i.e. two "accounts".  If I want to go
to another user, I must Start|Log Off|Click user icon, to log on to
the other user "account."  This is found in Control Panel|User
Accounts, (using WinXP Home).

I use a VPN from home to access the work intranet.  That's why I have
two user accounts.  I have an exchange server at work I would like to
access from home using Outlook.  When I open Outlook from the work
"user account" and attempt to add the work email account, I'm told I
must be using Corporate/Workgroup mode and must add the email account
from Control Panel|Mail.

Thx

==================

It might be helpful to include the version of Outlook you're using.

HTH
-pk

==================

..

On Oct 15, 4:19 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Clarify what you want to do, your Outlook version and what you mean by
> "user
> account." Outlook has not used separate modes for nearly 10 years.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]<cosmicmi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have two users on my computer. If I change one user account to
> > corporate/workgroup mode, does it also change the other user to the
> > same? I would like to have POP3 for one userand corporate/workgroup
> > for another.
>
> > Please advise and thank you.

0
test8596 (33)
10/15/2008 8:59:34 PM
Check your facts, please. Outlook 2002 has no such thing as
"Corporate/Workgroup mode" and could not possibly give such an error
message.
Why does using VPN require you to have a separate Windows logon account?
--

wrote:
> Clarify what you want to do, your Outlook version and what you mean by
> "user
> account." Outlook has not used separate modes for nearly 10 years.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]<cosmicmi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have two users on my computer. If I change one user account to
> > corporate/workgroup mode, does it also change the other user to the
> > same? I would like to have POP3 for one userand corporate/workgroup
> > for another.
>
> > Please advise and thank you.

0
russval1 (2100)
10/15/2008 9:09:47 PM
Outlook 2002 SP3

On Oct 15, 4:59=A0pm, "Patrick Keenan" <t...@dev.null> wrote:
> <cosmicmi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Outlook 2002 SP3.
>
> I have two users on my computer, i.e. two "accounts". =A0If I want to go
> to another user, I must Start|Log Off|Click user icon, to log on to
> the other user "account." =A0This is found in Control Panel|User
> Accounts, (using WinXP Home).
>
> I use a VPN from home to access the work intranet. =A0That's why I have
> two user accounts. =A0I have an exchange server at work I would like to
> access from home using Outlook. =A0When I open Outlook from the work
> "user account" and attempt to add the work email account, I'm told I
> must be using Corporate/Workgroup mode and must add the email account
> from Control Panel|Mail.
>
> Thx
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>
> It might be helpful to include the version of Outlook you're using.
>
> HTH
> -pk
>
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>
> .
>
> On Oct 15, 4:19 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russ...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Clarify what you want to do, your Outlook version and what you mean by
> > "user
> > account." Outlook has not used separate modes for nearly 10 years.
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]<cosmicmi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > >I have two users on my computer. If I change one user account to
> > > corporate/workgroup mode, does it also change the other user to the
> > > same? I would like to have POP3 for one userand corporate/workgroup
> > > for another.
>
> > > Please advise and thank you.

To answer this specific question, yes, if you have two windows accounts and
a version of Outlook that supports corp or imo mode, each account will use
the same Outlook mode.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

<cosmicmiami@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have two users on my computer.  If I change one user account to
> corporate/workgroup mode, does it also change the other user to the
> same?  I would like to have POP3 for one userand corporate/workgroup
> for another.
>
> Please advise and thank you.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Cannot run in release mode using "start without debugging"
Please help, thanks very much. I wrote a win32 windows project. The problem is in one of a class's constructor, if I use "new" to allocate memory and if I run my program in "release" using "start without debugging", it will crash with error "Unhandled exception at 0x7c93426d in MasterV2.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.". However, it work nice in "debug" using "start" or "start without debugging", also fine in "release" using "start". And if I change GLuint edgeDI...

image prints 'double' in normal and best mode
I have an image - a portait-style, rectangular 'directions' map to help customers find my location which I created in publisher with lines and text, etc, then grouped and saved as a jpg - that I am now trying to use (inserted>from file) in a quarter-page card layout to be printed and cut for inclusion with mailers. If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine. However, if I try to print in normal or best mode, the image is messed up - the top half of the rectangle is doubled; the bottom half is not printed. Example: the 'this is north' indicator, whic...

Configuring Office 2007/Outlook to be installed/ cached Ex Mode Of
When we create the MSP for Office 2007, is there a particular way to configure the install for new users to have cached exchange mode off? What has everyone done for the install? We do NOT want to enforce this with GPO, we want people to be able to select. ...

TSApp to Remote Admin mode
Hi, I installed a W2k3 Server, made it a Domain Controller, later installed Exch 2003 on it and then enabled TSApp(Terminal Services in Application mode) now I want to roll it back to Remote administration mode, if I do that will my application(Exch 2003) work normally. Thanks, Srini Windows 2003 does not have Terminal Services Remote Administration mode. When you install Terminal Services in Windows 2003, you are not given a choice of how to configure it. It automatically installs in Application mode (unlimited remote connections). If you need to enable Remote Administration mode, y...

Can't filter completed tasks in search mode
I can filter completed tasks out of my category task view but when I try to search in tasks I get the completed tasks with the undone ones that match the search terms. I see that I could filter completes out in Advanced Search mode but I would like that to be the norm for normal search mode. Any thoughts? BTW- I'm using Outlook 2003 "Steve" wrote: > I can filter completed tasks out of my category task view but when I try to > search in tasks I get the completed tasks with the undone ones that match the > search terms. I see that I could filter completes out in ...

Outlook 2003 on win server2003 in TS aplication mode
I have Outlook 2003 installed on windows server 2003 in TS aplication mode, i also have exchnage server 2003 installed on the same server...everything is working fine from RDC, except that after closing outlook it will not shut down fully..icon is still visible in the system tray...and outlook.exe is still runig in task manager btw I don't have outlook in cached exchange mode... has anyone come accross this before...this problem happens even if I log directly into the server and not from remote desktop connection/Terminal services client ps: all office2003/outlook2003 updates are ...

FWD: Watch this critical pack from the M$ Corporation
--pxvrrzyjz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cajzpbncw"; type="multipart/alternative" --cajzpbncw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ybpafhlednqpul" --ybpafhlednqpul Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help m...

Write an text file in append mode
Hi, there, I want to write the text file in append mode because I need to open it in several times. My first question is How to do that? I tried to use CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeNoTruncate, but the new content overwrite the old one. 2. How to detect whether a file is existing so that I need not create it again? 3. How to detect the opened file have already content? I want to add the header once and only once. Thanks lot in advance. Gary CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeNoTruncate is enough, you can use CFile::SeekToEnd() along with it to append the contents. Regards, -Boben ...

Recovery Mode #4
I had to delete my exisitng information store and build a new one. Now whenever I open Outlook I get a prompt to connect or workoff line. It says Exchange is in reocvery mode? How can I fix this? Thx ! http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/UseE2k3RecStorGrps/cd4cae6c-c944-4699-b63f-4e53aab0ed00.mspx -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "TJ" <jpcsinc@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:u8zc5bBJFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I had to delete my exisitng information store and build a new one. Now > whenever I open Outlook I get a prompt to conne...

Credit to Corporate Credit Card
We have GP 10.0 and have run into an issue with credit cards. We set up each credit card as checkcard using a checkbook, and each credit card (6 amex, 1 visa) has it's out account. We are using Project Accounting and lets say for example that all of our shipping charges for XYZ Shipping are automatically charged to our card. I can enter these as invoices and then say it was paid using a check card, or pay it using the check card in payables management. But if XYZ Shipping screws up and charged us wrong they will credit us back for that amount. This shows as a separate charge on ou...

Taste that critical patch from the M$ Corporation
--ufcobyuywdgfri Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ysfgreamdcwxkoh"; type="multipart/alternative" --ysfgreamdcwxkoh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tbovxeokwtobzszqg" --tbovxeokwtobzszqg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

Try on this security update which came from MS Corporation
--sxaaxtypuwuipp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pnodhcti"; type="multipart/alternative" --pnodhcti Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ruhshxhdmkcc" --ruhshxhdmkcc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help pr...

Mode Function combined with a filter
Hi I'd like to use the mode-function like sumifs or countifs. So first I want to do a filtering and then use the resulting list to calculate the modal value. How can I do this? Thanks in advance Say we have data in column A, from A1 thru A19: data 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Where A1 is the header cell. Use: =MODE(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A19,ROW(A2:A19)-ROW(A2),,1))=1,A2:A19,"")) This is an array function that must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather than just the ENTER key. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 ...

Restricted Access Mode 03-14-06
I can't uncheck restricted access mode for the CRM "system administrator" as it won't save ( I get Error - contact your system administrator ) I believe that this is the problem in trying to add users as well. Does anybody have any ideas in how to resolve this issue? Also what does restricted access mode actually do? on your crm web server run the environment diagnostic wizard and see if that reports any issues ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Patrick H" <PatrickH@discussions.microsoft...

Compatible Mode for 97/2003 doc in 2007
We have an Excel 97/2003 workbook that we pulled up in Excel 2007; but we noticed that with all the protections turned off there were some things that we could not do, for example, renaming a worksheet. Anyone have any ideas why that might happen? What can I do to fix it? When you attempt to re-name a worksheet what happens? Error message or?? Is the workbook protected under Review>Protect Workbook? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 07:54:01 -0700, Renee <Renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have an Excel 97/2003 workbook that we pulled...

Look at these internet patch which comes from the Microsoft Corporation
--zejtksvqiumb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="abcinqedi"; type="multipart/alternative" --abcinqedi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tfhmovijgwwywvget" --tfhmovijgwwywvget Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these ...

Coming Back from Off-line Mode
Here is the summary: The Back Office machine crashed. Got a new MOBO and Hard drive. Installed RMS HQ, Etc. Copied backup Database files to appropriate locations. Connected to Database Server and Manager on Office Computer OK. SQL Server Service Manager on Office computer shows new name for Server after hardware and software re-install. Noted. POS computer will not return to Main Database. How to make appropriate changes and where? Thanks, millcreek ...

Slow Response with IE7
I recently set up a Dell desktop with Dual Core Processor. Has Vista Home Premium, 1GB memory. On a Dell forum I was told that 1GB is absolute minimum with Vista, more is better. Also told that slow system response in IE7 can be caused by the Phishing filter and having Protected Mode on. I turned off the Phishing filter - no improvement. Turned it back on and turned off Protected Mode - a vast improvement!! Finally, my questions: - Does anyone know why Protected Mode is causing me such slow response? Is there a fix for this? - I've read that Protected Mode is to prevent the in...

Install this security patch from the Microsoft Corporation
--cxpwhnchbqbxab Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="qdoievmohq"; type="multipart/alternative" --qdoievmohq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="skwvrzlncxf" --skwvrzlncxf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnerabilities...

exchange server 2003 recovery mode
when trying to access outlook via our server which is running exchang server 2003 the following message is given. the microsoft exhang server is unavailable, either there are network problems or th server computer is down for maintainence. the network connections ar ok but i am getting the message that exchange is currently in recover mode. how do i get out of this?? Make sure all Exchange services are running. Also check Application Event log on server. Ian Garrard wrote: > when trying to access outlook via our server which is running exchange > server 2003 the following message is ...

MS Excel Can't Load Speech Recognition Files
Whenever I wake up my laptop from sleep mode, if Excel was running I get the message; "Microsoft Excel can't load speech recognition files. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" I've thought about letting it install, but I don't really want to the overhead on the system. Is this common? Any thoughts on what is causing it? kcc ...

Cached Mode Lost Messages
I'm using OL2003 on Windows XP against Exchange 2003 over RPC/HTTP an in Cached Mode. I'll send a message in OL2003 and right after it's sent, close OL2003. The messages gets sent (the other person receives it) however, if then open OL2003 on another system, the message isn't in my Sent Item folder. Basically, it seems that if I close OL2003 without it syncing, message are lost. Is there a way to force a sync, or have OL2003 sync on exit or have OL2003 sync more frequently? Thanks, Han ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.Exc...

Sandbox mode in Access 2007
I have installed Office 2007 on a Vista PC, and opened a copy of one of my Access 2003 databases. I could not open forms at first, but a dialog box came up and I apparently answered the right way so that's not a problem any more. However , then I tried to open a report, whose command is "DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview". I immediately get a message that 'docmd' is not a safe command, that Access is running in sandbox mode. The fix for this is a registry change. Does this mean that I have to go around to every machine that has a database and Office 2007...

Our CRM Solution for Corporate Banking (Loan Approval workflow)
All, any idea what can we position for Loan Approval workflow in Corporate Banking? application filling - collect facility details - collect covenants - guarantors - automativ proposal generation - submit application to Credit Committe. thanks in advance Derek ...

opening volume handle in kernel mode
Hi, I'm trying to get the device object pointer for a volume in a driver (kernel mode) by using IoGetDeviceObjectPointer. If I use "/PhysicalDrive0", the call succeeds. But if i use "/Device/ Harddisk0" or "/Device/HarddiskVolume1" the call fails. Actually I wanted to get a way to send IOCTL_PASS_THROUGH to a specified drive, for eg. C:, which I can do easily from user mode by opening a handle to the drive using CreateFile(). Can somebody please explain, why is it happening. Thanks shakti wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying t...