copying .pst files to cd #2

i got a new computer, and i want to transfer my inbox and
sent messages files from the old computer to the new one.

however, my .pst archives do not show up in explorer or
in my cd burner "explorer" and when i located the files
through "find files" and then dragged them into the cd
burner i/o box, it cannot see them and doesn't copy them
onto the cd...

how in the world do i do this seemingly simple thing:
copying files onto a cd so i can transfer them to my new
computer and then import them into my new computer's
outlook? this is the most ridiculous thing i've ever
seen...

thanks in advance!
0
anonymous (74722)

Are you using Windows 2000 or XP?  If so, go into Windows Explorer, click
Tools | Folder Options, click the View tab, and in the Advanced settings
box, make sure "Display the contents of system folders" and "Show hidden
files and folders" are selected.  Can you find the .PST files in Explorer
now?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook] <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote:

> Are you using Windows 2000 or XP?  If so, go into Windows Explorer,
> click Tools | Folder Options, click the View tab, and in the Advanced
> settings box, make sure "Display the contents of system folders"

Not needed.

--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Strategy for upgrade to CRM version 1.2
Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. We would like to migrate that system to Windows 2003 and CRM 1.2 and finally end up with only .NET Framework 1.1. Is there any recommended methods for such a migration? That is something like, upgrade CRM 1.2 in place first, then upgrade the OS on the system, then remove Framework 1.0. Thank you in advance. Have you read the 1.2 implementation guide? "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23aDSnVXxDHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. W...

missing public folder #2
For some reason completely unknown to me, many of the public folders dissappeared from the M drive and are no longer accessible from the Outlook clients. On the other hand, when I look at the Exchange administration program the folders are all there and the permissions seem correct. Is there any way of getting these back without doing a complete system/Exchange restore? Sounds like Joe has exactly the same problem I am describing. I did look at the EMS and all of the folders are indicated and the permissions are correct. No one touched these things. Still they do not appear on the M drive a...

Moving files Outlook 2003
I am moving my outlook files to a new computer. Does anyone know how to accomplish this move? Wayne <was2480@msn.com> wrote: > I am moving my outlook files to a new computer. Does > anyone know how to accomplish this move? http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm tells the files. The easiest is to simply copy your PST to the new PC, put it in some folder, giving it a name that doesn't match any other PST, make sure it's not read-only, and use Outlook's File>Open>Outlook Data File to open it. -- Brian Tillman ...

save cell value in txt file
Hello everyone, i would like to know if someone know a macro which could save the value of a cell in a txt file. like in the cell A1 there would be written "something" and i would like a macro to save that in a txt file. thanks a lot by advance. Mike You could create a new workbook, copy the value in A1 to that new sheet and saveAs a text file. Or you could just write the value to a text file. Option Explicit Sub testme01() Close #1 Open "c:\textfile.txt" For Output As #1 Print #1, ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Text Close #1 End Sub I...

how to extact a compressed file
I cannot uzip my zipped files ..Help Winnie Hello Winnie Winnie wrote: > I cannot uzip my zipped files ..Help is this a Word problem? Have you inserted ZIP files as objects in word, for instance? If not, better ask in a forum/newsgroup for your ZIP application or your operating system HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | http://www.masteringword.eu/ ...

dropdown list...no help in the help files
I need to create a drop-down list that contains catalog items & prices, & when the selection is made I need the prices from this list & others to all be summed up automatically in a one cell. The process described in the help file on drop-down lists produces some weird result...it can't be published as a web page. I need this to work as a standard editable Excel file from my company's end, & work as a non-editable webpage to online users. Any advice? Should I (or could I) import the Excel data we already have, & create it in FrontPage? :confused: -- miketv -...

Outlook 2003, 2GB max file size?
Can Outlook 2003 surpass its previous versions' 2GB max file size? If so, what is the "new" limit? Yes Humongous - theoretically practically unlimited? - probably exceeds the capacity of the dektop. Though why any desktop user should have need of a single pst of even 1gb I find hard to invisage. Info overload? - You backup to what media? David "Michael in Portland" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05c201c3c600$6f577c90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can Outlook 2003 surpass its previous versions' 2GB max > file size? If so, what is...

Missing Measures in .cub file created in Excel
After using Excel's Offline OLAP features which create a local cube file (.cub), many of the desired measures which I included in the wizard setup are not displayed. I'm looking for a reason for this. The data populating this cube file is from a virtual cube, so background calculations take place. I considered that those measures requiring calculation would not be included once seperated from the original virtual cube... but many calculated measures WERE included so I don't think that's the complete explination. I've varied the measures included in the .cub file...

"Excel Cannot Open This File: Damaged or Modified"
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have been working on an Excel spreadsheet all day, saving frequently. I last saved and closed the file at 3:25 pm, and then went to re-open it at 3:30 pm, when I received this error message: &quot;Excel cannot open this file. The file might have been damaged or modified from its original format.&quot; <br><br>I saved the file as .xlsx, and there would be no reason for it to be &quot;damaged&quot; or &quot;modified.&quot; I have tried several solutions recommended on help f...

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

Get rid of "folder sizes" and "data file management" links
at the bottom of the folder list? I'd love to remove these to make more space available in the list. Thanks. ...

working with default data files
I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my emai to the default "personal folders" or delete that folder. Is tha possible -- g.garrett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- g.garrette's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=491 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=124989 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i g.garrette <g.garrette.2gnhe4@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote: > I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my > email to the default "personal fo...

Problem restoring backup file from money 98 to money 04
Just upgraded to a new computer with Money 2004 --- Have transferred my money back-up file to the new computer --- Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the process of converting the file and then times out (stops responding) Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to lose 6 years of financial data ---- Thanks How long have you waited? It could take a long time--like tens of minutes. While it is in this state, it will be "not responding." This doesn't mean it's dead, just hat it's busy. "jh227" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

Exmerge Utility #2
Would someone please inform me where I can get the exmerge utility for Exchange 5.0 , had it email from Microsoft some years ago but nowhere to be found now. Thank You. George, You should be able to get a copy without charge by calling into support. -- Isaac B. Carter MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "George P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:acef01c4369a$e6a31f10$a1...

Reference 2
How do I have a cell look at another cell and make a calculation. For example: A B C (197) 3500 500 If column A is less than B then have the calculation of the amount of (C) it would take to bring it to positive standing. The answer should be 4000. That is (8) lots of 500 to make the amount 3803. That is C times (8) minus 197. If (A) was 3501 then I would have a return value of 0. I would not need to replenish. Assuming your numbers are in cells A1 B1 and C1 then put this formula in cell D1: =IF(A1<B1,(ROUNDUP((B1-A1)/C1,0))*C...

RMS1.2-GP8.0 Integration
Iam facing a critical issues regarding one of my implementation of GP 8.0 and RMS 1.) when will the integration utility between RMS and GP9.0 will be released. ? 2.) HQ db is on one server while GP db is on another server. When we try to link the 2 databases using the above utility which makes use of Linked server technology, we are not able to do so? Please note our architecture is such that 2 dbs has to reside on separate server . 3.) When we did a test integration with the sample HQ db with sample GP TWO db ( in this case residing on same server ) everything goes fine except ...

Cannot copy & paste to a mailing label template
I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word. After deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a whole page of return address labels. I just couldn't get it to work. Any suggestions? Rather than starting with a full sheet of blank labels, why not use the label wizard? Can you explain "just couldn't get it to work"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummie...

trouble openning file
I am drawing a blank again regarding the correct way to read files. Here is the pertinent section of code I am troubled by: CString JobFile="C:\\temp\\1.dat"; CFile in; CByteArray buffer; if(!in.Open(JobFile, CFile::modeRead)){ AfxMessageBox("Error opening file"); return; } buffer.SetSize(in.GetFileSize()); if(in.Read(buffer.GetData(), buffer.GetSize()) != buffer.GetSize()){ AfxMessageBox("Error reading file"); return; } in.Close(); When I compile I get the following error: error C2039: 'GetFileSize' : is not a member ...

sorting data #2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I dont really know what to call the question. i have the following A B 4 2 1 5 2 3 1 6 4 3 Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes A B 1 11 2 3 4 5 Thanks Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could either sort your data by column A and then Data|subtotals or you could add headers and do Data|pivottable. powelly wrote: > > Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I >...

GDI+ mfc save Bitmap to File Stream
Hi, I am using GDI+ in mfc. I have a file pointer declared as File *fpOut; This file pointer is also used for writing to other text data to the file. I am not sure how to save an image to this file stream. When Bitmap.Save function to save to stream the first parameter is of type IStream and not FILE. Any suggestions on what can be done? Thanks, -Asfar ...

Import/Export sql tables to an XML file?
Hi, How can I export/import data from SQL server tables to/from an XML file? Note: I want to tdo this from a desktop application written in c# and uses sql server tables for storing data. Is there a way to do this? Also, are there libraries that already do this? Thanx in advance... ...

Cell comments
I have already created the code using VBA to pull the data from the M Access table. Is there a way to set it up so that when you pass ove the cell it will automatically run my routine -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 Hi not possible AFAIK as there's no event which got triggered by just moving over a comment field -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LAF wrote: > I have alr...

importing excel files into outlook 2007
I did an import and it worked perfectly. I tried to ddo a second, and am receiving a message that - an error occuredwhile importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0x80070057 was reported. please try again. I have rebuild the file, changes names and still receive the same message. I looked on ms faq but can't find how to fix the problem. Can anyone help. Thanks Dick Take a look at both of these sights... http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-854669.php http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329295/EN-US/ Anvil22 wrote: >I did...

Max limit in resource.h file of VC++
Hi, We specify the next step number for the resources, commands and control by the following. _APS_NEXT_RESOURCE_VALUE _APS_NEXT_COMMAND_VALUE _APS_NEXT_CONTROL_VALUE Do we have any way to restrict the numbers or specify the max limit. eg. I want my resource to have command values from 1 to 100. So #define _APS_NEXT_COMMAND_VALUE 1 // Next command number Can I specify somewhere in the resource.h file saying 100 is the max if it goes beyond 100, throw an error? Thanks, Prashant. ...