Copy Distribution List from One Computer to Another

Hi Folks - I have seen various methods for accomplishing this, but none seem
to help me. Our company uses Outlook 2003 in a NON Exchange Server
environment. I have seen a method for copying distribution lists within a
Exchange server environment, but it does not work in our environment. Any
ideas? Thanks.

Michael

0
info3116 (20)

Michael <info@homekeyinc.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks - I have seen various methods for accomplishing this, but
> none seem to help me. Our company uses Outlook 2003 in a NON Exchange
> Server environment. I have seen a method for copying distribution
> lists within a Exchange server environment, but it does not work in
> our environment. Any ideas? Thanks.

I opened a Windows folder on a shared drive, selected and dragged a DL to
that folder (which saved it as a MSG file), then on another Outlook,
selected that DL and dragged it into the Contacts folder there.  When I
opened it, it looked just fine.  I didn't however, try to use it.  I'll
leave that to you.  Whatever you do, though, after copying it to the other
Outlook, don't click the "Update Now" button.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Drop-down list #5

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

if cell is text move left one column

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

Copy Toolbar
Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The toolbar settings are in the *.xlb file. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my > computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > You...

Copy HYPERLINKS
I have about 200 entries in col a Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations I would like a macro to copy ONLY the hyperlinks from Col a to Col b Currently the hyperlinked items are interspaced over the entire col a, I would like to have all the hyperlinks moved to Col B one under the other with no spaces. Thanks Are they =HYPERLINK functions or Inserted hyperlinks?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200750 "pcor" wrote: > I have about 200 entries in col a > Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations > I would like a macro to copy ONLY the...

how can I do a lookup into another sheet?
how can I do a lookup into another sheet? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try something like =VLOOKUP(123,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,FALSE) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "melawaisi" <melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > how can I do a lookup into another sheet? > thanks > > > ------...

Carbon Copy of a message
when ever I get an email from 2 specific users the message always Carbon Copies itself and I cant figure out why. So I end up with 2 of the same messages. Any help would rock Thanx ...

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Textbox fomatting value based on another textbox
I have two text boxes on a form. One is a value that can be changed by the user. The second is the value 1 - textbox1. I need everthing to be in %. For example, in textbox1 the user could type 75 and it would automatically be recognized as 75% and textbox2's value would calculate to be 25%. Everytime I try textbox1's value is = to say 7500%. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Job Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Dim TB1Val As Double With Me.TextBox1 If IsNumeric(.Value) Then TB1Va...

modifying and copying multiply selections
Why when I select multiply objects, including text boxes or when I try to select them and then drag to a different locations the program just create a new copy but leaves the old one behind it? It didn't happen when I was working with other versions of Power Point. I think http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00882.htm will help. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Slav" <Sl...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)