copy attachment only into a folder

how do I copy an attachment sent to me thru email, and put the attachment in
a folder to keep under my documents?
Thank you
0
clee (3)

In news:463577E5-3E70-4A7D-BA44-FF97E53B42D9@microsoft.com,
clee <clee@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> how do I copy an attachment sent to me thru email, and put the
> attachment in a folder to keep under my documents?
> Thank you

You can manually save an attachment to the location of your choice. If you
want to do this automatically, you might check out
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/attachments_processor/ or search for
'housekeeping' at www.slipstick.com for other options.

0
lanwench (7567)

Folders in Contacts
Hey all, I have several folders in the 'Contacts' folder, mainly to organize and group them. Is there any way I can get these to show when I click the 'To:' button on a new message? It only shows the contacts in the root folder. -- Murdoc ## ------------------------ "The journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tyre." "Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." -Albert Einstein "He who sees both sides...

Can't open or save attachments in emails
I can't open or save any email attachments in Windows Mail. I click on them and nothing happens. No errors codes. In my security settings I have the " do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box unchecked. If I try to save an attachment, I get an error message that says "There was an error saving one or mor of the attachments. Please check your free disk space and try again." Help? That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems wi...

Copy/paste question
I would like to move the contents of one cell to another. The cell has a background fill. When I do a cut/paste, the cell which was cut from, loses its style (changes to white background and loses the border). How can I do a cut/paste and not lose the formatting? Copy/paste instead of cut/paste. -- Ken Russell "Randy Harris" <randy@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uPf0EL#gDHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... | I would like to move the contents of one cell to another. The cell has a | background fill. When I do a cut/paste, the cell which was cut from, loses | its style (...

Hello All, Are there any classes available for attaching files into notes ? I am migrating data from Goldmine to CRM 3.0 and would like to read the linked documents from Goldmine records and post them in CRM 3.0. I believe this cannot be done via the Data Migration Framework. What are the set of API classes that can do that ? Any sample code will be really appreciated. Thanks Nicos Papaioannou Dot.Cy Developments Ltd Nicos, http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=CreatingActivities contains some sample code to attach files. -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: htt...

Expandlig number of entries in "Move to folder" list
Is there any way to expand the list of "Move to folder" entries beyond the 10 that seem to be programmed into Outlook. Move to folder is a great feature, and since I use it so often, with about 15 - 20 common folders, the limitation of only having 10 entries means that, at any point in time, at least 5 of my common entries are not on the list, and must be selected again, using a browse method. After browsing, they are once again on the list, but some other common folder has now been eliminated. You can use rules to move items to folders that are commonly used for the Mo...

Excel: Backup Copy not same size as File
I have the create backup option checked so excel creates backuup everytime I save. Sometimes (cannot pinpoint when this is caused) when I save file the file is saved. File size is 4 MB. But the backup created is like 200K for this. When I look at the backup file 1 worksheet is missing and remaining everything is present. Any ideas?? Thanks ...

Disabling Copy
I have an excel sheet which is protected. When i right click on a cell it can allow me to copy the contents. How can i make the copy to be disabled? Any one out there with an idea? Thanks -- pkrono ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pkrono's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19532 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346874 You can do this with Excel 2002/2003. With code you could disable a right-click, but you could still use Edit->Copy in Excel 2000 and earlier. "pk...

Removing Office 2008 to install another licensed copy

How to copy formulae down LONG list-other than dragging corner dow
Hi, The column is very long and to drag down the corner of the cell would take a little while- Is there a better way? Thanks for the help Mike Double click when you see the drag down cross at the bottom right corner of the cell! Regards, Stefi „MikeR-Oz” ezt írta: > Hi, > > The column is very long and to drag down the corner of the cell would take a > little while- Is there a better way? > > Thanks for the help > Mike CHeers Stefi- That was way easier than what I have been doing. Round of applause to you MIke "Stefi" wrote: > Double click ...

copy-paste emails don't work
How can I copy emails from a column in Microsoft Works database to paste them into a new email in Windows Live mails ? When I do this, it requires a ";" at the end of each email which is time consuming to add. How can I solve this problem ? Thank you You mean email addresses. You should be able to do a global search and replace. For example, if the addresses are currently separated by a space character you can replace all occurrences of the space character by '[space][semicolon]'. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) wrote in message news:BD26...

copy and filter list from sheet1 to sht2
I have a list on sheet1. The first column can be either true or false. I would like sheet2 to show a list of all the rows that are true o sheet1. Thanks for any information Pau -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi a non automatic way: Use 'Data - Filter - Advanced Filter' for this. See: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "squalo >" <<squalo.16xe8p@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:squalo.16xe8p@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a list on sheet1. > The first column ...

Need One Excel Template to copy to TWO Databases
Here's the problem: Right now I have a one template (.xlt) and one excel database (.xls) that works fine. Now I want to create a second database so tha whenever I enter in information into the template, it creates a copy i both excel databases. I could just create a new duplicate database and a duplicate templat but that would require me entering in the information twice. Since enter in a lot of information, this is very undesirable. Anyone please help me figure out how to link one template (.xlt) to excel database files (.xls) Steps already taken: When the template wizard asked ...

I get multiple copies of the same email every time I open outlook
I get my yahoo mail in outlook and every time I open outlook it looks and receives all mail in my yahoo address. So it doubles my mail every time I open it! HELP Rick <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get my yahoo mail in outlook and every time I open outlook it looks > and receives all mail in my yahoo address. So it doubles my mail > every time I open it! HELP WHat version and service pack level of Outlook? Have you enabled the account option to leave messages on the server? -- Brian Tillman ...

Search Folders Not Searching Deleted Folder
I created a search folder and it is only including mail items that ar *not* in the Deleted Items folder. I have verified that the Delete Items Folder is selected for the "search in" properties. Is there a way to force Deleted Items to be included in Searc Folders? Thanks! Jerr -- jerrylanejohn ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jerrylanejohns's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m84 View this thread: http://www.highdots.com/forums/t299871 I don't think search folder search in the Deleted Items or Junk E-mail folders. It's p...

Corrupted Outlook folders
I keep getting this error "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." when ever I install outlook. I can not open any outlook folders ie, contacts, calendar, notes, deleted items. Nothing works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Does the pst-file still exist on the location it points to? If so; runscanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. If it doesn't recreate your mail profile in Con...

contact attachment being stipped by exchange, how to verify
My first post. I have a problem with a client site sending Outlook contacts as attachments. When the reciepient get the email the attachment's contact info. is gone and only plain text of the contact name appears in the attachment. Testing within the local network sends the contact attachment correctly. Sending outside the network stips down the contact attachment. I use the message tracking system to find the size of the email as it left the senders site (size = 5263) and compared the size of the message when recieved at the reciepient site (size = 1808). Now the boss wants t...

leaving copies of emails on the server
Hi there. I am using Outlook 2002 at work, and the same at home. I VPN in from home, but when I download my mail it takes the messages off the server. Then when I get to work, I have no email in my inbox. Isn't there a way to make it leave a copy of the messages on the server? Any ideas? Thanks! John Go to Tools | E-mail Accounts, click View or change existing e-mail accounts and click Next, select the account in question, click Change, then the More Settings button. The option for leaving mail on the server is on the Advanced tab of the Internet E-mail Settings dialog. -- J...

Syncronize Hotmail and Outlook Folders
I just started using Outlook and I'm trying to figure out how to integrate my Hotmail Folders (Inbox, Trash, Sent, Etc) with the Folders that are under Outlook Today (Inbox, Sent, Contacts, Calender, Etc). I can send from my Outlook Today, and from my Hotmail, but they are the same address. Any Ideas? ...

copying a formula down wards
=INDEX(Proj_code,MATCH(AQ$6,F$7:F$198,0)) the above formula works in that it shows the first match. As there could be mulitpule records what do I need to do to so when I copy it down it will bring the next match or 0 if no further matches in the table it is searching? Many thanks UKMAN1 Hi, Try this ARRAY formula. ARRAY enter it and it will return the first match, drag down for the second etc. It will return an error if there isn't a second match so you could wrap the whole thing =isserror(formula etc =OFFSET(IF(ROWS(B$7:B7)<=COUNTIF(Proj_code,$E$1),INDEX($F...

Junk e-mail folder in Contacts
I dont't know how or why, but after upgrading from Office 2000 to 2003 I get the Junk E-mail folder as a subfolder of my contacts. This machine is an Exchange 2003 client. I need to move it somehow. Does anyone knows how? Thanks a lot Christian Christian Thies <ch.thies@gmail.com> wrote: > I dont't know how or why, but after upgrading from Office 2000 to > 2003 I get the Junk E-mail folder as a subfolder of my contacts. > This machine is an Exchange 2003 client. I need to move it somehow. > Does anyone knows how? Does starting Outlook with the /resetfolders ...

Client Side Caching/folder Redirection SBS 03 SP2
I have uimplemented folder redirection and thus CSC on my SBS 03 SP2 server. Now because of space issues I have purchased a new storage server and want to redirect the my document folders to the new storage server. i have changed the redirection using the wizard in SBS however when the pc's/laptops log on/off it still tries to resync with the SBS server instead of the storage server. I assume that the folder redirection step is complete, however how do I get the pc's/laptops to now look to the new server (CSC). -- Darrel Sometimes it takes 3 logins or reboots of a w...

Net Folders in Outlook 2002 (XP)
Does the Net Folders function exist in Outlook 2002? Someone told me that it no longer exists in that version of Outlook. If so, was it replaced by another function? Thanks. They are gone and not replaced. See if anything here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm "Doug Talbott" <dtalbott@agnesscott.edu> wrote in message news:083c01c36864$576c27b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does the Net Folders function exist in Outlook 2002? > Someone told me that it no longer exists in that version > of Outlook. If so, was it replaced by another function? > Thanks....

updateing a orginal sheet after two or more have updated copys
We are working on an speadsheet, I was emailed a copy of it and so was two others. How do we go about update if we each have a copy of the orginal and we are entering different info. How can we configure correctly? so the info we are each entery is update to the orginal? I would say it would be difficult with three of you making changes to three separate copies of the same workbook. Perhaps you should investigate the use of a single Shared workbook. See help on sharing a workbook. Also note the loss of some features when sharing. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Ma...

Expanding Outlook Folders
Is there a feature that allows you to expand all the email folders at once versus one at a time? TS ...

copy & paste between documents changes spacing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi. I have a curious issue with Microsoft Word that i can't seem to find a reasonable explanation for. Basically, i write a newsletter for my farm every week and i have a masthead that is a table. When i attempt to copy the table to a brand new document (in order to create a brand new newsletter), the spacing between the lines has totally changed. The table is twice as wide, as if i had put a blank space between each line of text. This has happened with other documents as well. For instance, I created a chec...