Converting PST to PDF using Linux

Does anyone know how to do this?

The pst is a 'database type' file.
Perhaps explain what you are actually wishing to achive;
ie convert your mail messages to pdf, or what?

<djgavenda2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to do this?

0
DL
11/5/2006 8:03:45 AM
Definitely the messages.  Hopefully, the contacts too.

DL wrote:
> The pst is a 'database type' file.
> Perhaps explain what you are actually wishing to achive;
> ie convert your mail messages to pdf, or what?
>
> <djgavenda2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how to do this?

Unless you can find a third party tool to read the pst, and I dont know if
such exists, you will first have to open the pst in Outlook

> Definitely the messages.  Hopefully, the contacts too.
>

> DL wrote:
> > The pst is a 'database type' file.
> > Perhaps explain what you are actually wishing to achive;
> > ie convert your mail messages to pdf, or what?
> >
> > <djgavenda2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Does anyone know how to do this?

0
DL
11/5/2006 3:43:23 PM
Not possible.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, djgavenda2@yahoo.com asked:

| Does anyone know how to do this?
0
MillyS (3228)
11/5/2006 4:55:23 PM
djgavenda2@yahoo.com <djgavenda2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to do this?

What purpose could you hope to achieve by this?  Iven if it coulds be done,
the resultant file would useless and unreadable.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/5/2006 5:31:40 PM
If you have access to Outlook, you can export at least your contacts into a
variety of file formats.  One of the formats might be compatible with
whatever you are using under Linux.

You might also want to check the following:

    http://radio.weblogs.com/0100887/2002/06/28.html

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=outlook+pst+file+format

On  5-Nov-2006, "DL" <address@invalid> wrote:

> [...]

If you are trying to convert your existing PST to a usable format to use in
Linux, I used software from http://www.littlemachines.com/ to convert my
inbox, sent, calendar and contacts to mbox, vcf and ics files.

Then I dragged the appropriate files to the matching folders in Evolution
(Linux).  It may work on Thunderbird as well.

The Little Machines software, O2M says it is for the mac but works equally
as well on Linux.  I think the price is $10 and well worth it.
0
sam7821 (19)
11/7/2006 6:34:18 AM
<djgavenda2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Definitely the messages.  Hopefully, the contacts too.

Do you REALLY mean "PDF"? What are you trying to achieve by this?

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

How to create Windows forms like in VB using VC++6?
Hi I'm newbie to VC++6 environment. I already know VB6,VB.net, C,C++ and JAVA. Now I am doing project in Directx sdk using MS-VC++ 6. I learned MFC enough to program. But I couldn't make Windows forms like VB. I have tried it using Appwizard but it so Clumsy. The Appwizard is focusing in Doc/View architecture. Now Anyone tell me how to create Windows Form Application without Doc/view Support in MS-VC++ 6............................ Any Help, Lot of thanks in advance................... itekchandru wrote: > Hi > > I'm newbie to VC++6 environment. I already know VB6,VB.n...

using parameters
I have a form which the user selects the BlockNo. The other information that is entered in the form is : 1) NoOfRecordedTrees - RT 2)NoOfSurroundingTrees - ST When the BlockNo is entered, a query runs which picks up fertiliser rates for this Block for all sectors within that block. With RT and ST - it should do a calculation such that it uses Rate/ sector * (RT+ST) to find how much fertiliser is needed for each sector in each block. I would like to add a column to the existing query showing FertiliserAmt using these parameters. How do I specify them within the query. Thanks for your great...

Finding all queries which use a table

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

Categories deleted converting from Quicken
Hi folks, I just converted from Q2003 Premier to the Money 2005 Trial 2 days ago. I noticed today that a number of categories have been removed from the transactions in my checking account and credit card accounts. What I've noticed so far: 1. All sub-accounts for Utilities were gone. This wasn't too bad because I could use find replace since the payee name has been the same on these for all years I have in Quicken/Money. 2. All sub-accounts under Insurance were gone. 3. The category Groceries came over, but there were no transactions in it. Quicken had several hundred...

Convert Double Space To Single Space
How do you convert double spaced text to single spaced? I don't see an option for this in Outlook. I can paste into Notepad, copy and then paste into Outlook, but I would prefer a way to do it within Outlook. ...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

Outlook first use
Hi, when I open Outlook in a workstation for the first time, Outlook open setup and ask user to create a new profile. I have a utility to create profile automaticaly and this setup is deleting existing profile. Is it possible to Outlook don�t ask to create a new profile for the first time? Tks. Alex ...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Calculating Correlation using arrays
I have a sheet full of data for many products in chronological order. Column A is Date of manufacture Column B is time of manufacture Column C is the product Column D is a measurement from the automatic control system Column E contains occasional manual measurements for calibratio checks Up till now I have split the data out by grade and checked calibratio using pivot tables and also checked slope and offsets. After gainin exposure to all kinds of clever functions via this board I now wonde whether it would not be possible to automate these checks in some way ie on a separate sheet I list t...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

Converting number to text

Converting a MFC DLL to a regular DLL
Hi, I have an MFC DLL which i have now removed the single MFC window that popped up error messages. I want to now convert it to a regular DLL. What parts of the code to i need to remove / modify? And what compiler settings need changing? On Aug 4, 6:05=A0am, hamishd <Hamish.D...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I have an MFC DLL which i have now removed the single MFC window > that popped up error messages. > > I want to now convert it to a regular DLL. What parts of the code to i > need to remove / modify? And what compiler settings need changing? I would create a dummy MFC reg...

grayscale autoshape changes to color when converting to PDF
When converting from Microsoft Publisher 2007 to Adobe Acrobat 8.0 PDF, the autoshape picture that we changed to grayscale changes back to color when reviewing the created PDF. Are you setting Acrobat to print in black and white? Select the PDF printer, properties, paper/quality tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CDJ" <CDJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BE9EE01-97DB-4AB6-BD9C-25E27E0BB68D@microsoft.com... > When converting from Microsoft Publisher 2007 to Adobe Acrobat 8.0 P...

Outlook changing PDF extention to PDF=
I have a client that uses Outlook 2000 for e-mail. About a week ago, she started complaining that everyone that she sent PDFs (Ex. Document.pdf) that they were receiving PDF= (Ex. Docuement.pdf=). This is only happening with PDF files, not word documents or anything else. I have tried to change the outgoing mail server, but that made no difference. Is there something in Outlook that can be causing this? is she using RTF formatted messages? Antivirus or antispam scanners on outgoing email? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2...

use excel to create PP slides?
I'm not sure if this is possible but I have a list of information in an excel table and I'd like to auto matically generate a slide for each row of data. for instance, I have a list of products and each product is on it's own row with 6 product features in the following columns. How can I take that info from excel and create a features slide for each product using the information from the following columns. I don't mind cutting and pasting the list - it doesn't have to be fully automatic but as I have over 1000 products I desperately don't want to reype ...

Revovering a corrupt PST
I have managed to revocer a PST file from a formatted hard drive, on trying to use this file it was apparent that it was corrupted. I have run the ScanPST utility and it said that it fixed 15 errors, but there are still no items in the file. Looking at the files properties it is 145mb in size. Are there any other methods of retreiving the data from within this file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Andrew Evans A long shot- but try creating a new pst, and import from the old pst into the new. >-----Original Message----- >I have managed to revocer a PST file from a form...

Using BGInfo Command Line Parameters
I've read the Help file in BGInfo - but can't figure out how to use Command Line Parameters. When I click on my startup icon, I would like to invoke certain parameters. The line I came up with is: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe /timer:99 /popup /taskbar /rtf:C:\DATA\BGINFO /nolicprompt" Obviously, this is wrong. My Target line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe" My Start in line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo" Please help me by telling me what, exactly, should go in each line. I would also like t...