Convert PST to MDB?

Can anyone point me to a resource on how to convert a PST
to an MDB?  I've been googling for 45 minutes and haven't
found what I'm looking for.

Specifically, I'm trying to get *all* of the PST info into
an MDB file, not just the few fields offered by the Export
function.

I have a hunch that the PST is really an MDB in disguise,
but I'm not sure about that.

Please help!

Thanks,
James

0
anonymous (74722)

Wrong hunch - it has nothing to do with that type of file.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

James <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:

| Can anyone point me to a resource on how to convert a PST
| to an MDB?  I've been googling for 45 minutes and haven't
| found what I'm looking for.
|
| Specifically, I'm trying to get *all* of the PST info into
| an MDB file, not just the few fields offered by the Export
| function.
|
| I have a hunch that the PST is really an MDB in disguise,
| but I'm not sure about that.
|
| Please help!
|
| Thanks,
| James

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Converting special characters
Is it possible to get the sum of cells using numbers entered in feet? I other words...I need to calculate a sum using numbers with the ' & symbol next to the number indicating feet & inches. Is there a special way to do this, or do I need to convert the data t whole numbers? Thank you in advance. : -- calimar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- calimari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2453 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39022 Assuming you don't have ...

word docs converted to Winmail.dat
Ok I have been doing some searching and seen that this is a big issue. I am the system admin in our company and have done the setup on all the systems. We are all using Outlook 2000. All are setup as Internet Mail. One system is setup as Corporate and that one is having problems sending emails. Every word document they send is being changed to winmail.dat. I looked at the formatting and it was not set as Outlook Rich Text it was set to HTML. Conversly I have tried to create the problem on my system by using the Rich Text Formnatting and all my mail is sent and received properly. Clearly the fo...

Recovering corrupt pst
Using Outlook 97. Saved mail messages aren't accessible. Getting error that mentions having trouble reading message header. Tried to use Inbox Repair Tool to recover message stores, to no avail. Are there other methods or tricks to recover message store? Even recovering some of the messages would be beneficial. ...

PST file can not be accessed
1) Running Outlook 2000 on standalone PC 2) I cannot receive or send email, add or delete contacts or tasks, etc. 3) Current contacts, emails, tasks, etc. can be accessesd and opened, but no new info can be added or old info deleted. 4) Error message appears that says "access is denied" for the Outlook PST file when accessing any of these folders. 5) Cannot copy the Outlook PST file with normal MS utility. 6) Ran Scanpst tool, got message "minor problems - repair optional. Decided to run it anyway, and it stopped with message "error has occurred which caused the repa...

Convert old PPT file
My company recently upgrade the office 2003 to office 2007. It works well for most of the users except one. He had thousands of old powerpoint slides which created around year 1996,1997. By using right click to check the file properties, it shows the the application name is 'Microsoft Powerpoint 4.0' .These file can be opened by powerpoint 2003 but can not being opened by powerpoint 2007. Does anyone have idea how I can bulk convert those files to powerpoint 2003 format? Thanks James Steve has a macro here http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00740.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAl...

Converting Access 2000 back to Access 97
Hi Could someone give me some instructions on the above as I need to send them to someone who runs 2000 and I dont have access to the help guide on 2000. Thanks Edgar If I remember correctly, Access 2000 has a Tools | Database ... | Convert | Convert to previous version feature. -- Good luck Jeff Boyce <Access MVP> "Edgar Thoemmes" <EdgarThoemmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC2369C1-9310-4929-8CF0-90A137FC0A8B@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Could someone give me some instructions on the above as I need to send them > to someone who run...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

How do I convert eml extensions for use in forum
I have big problem with things I want to share in a forum I belong to. Often what comes to my email is eml or like today, a picture with bmp extension, I can't use these on the forum and for the life of me cannot figure out how to change them! I could really use some easy to understand instructions! thanks so much! On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:46:11 -0800, TM <TM@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:>I have big problem with things I want to share in a forum I belong to. >Often what comes to my email is eml or like today, a picture with bmp >extension, I can't use these on the fo...

converting checkboxes to a text value
I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to create a report that displays those boxes as "yes/no" text values, so that I can export them to an .rtf format, and have them actually show up. I'm a novice, so any help is greatly appreciated. The purpose of this is to be able to email specific pages of the report. I'm also open to other ideas for making this possible, if I'm going about this the wrong way. Thanks in advance. Charitycase wrote: > I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to > create a report that...

PST
My CPU went bad and I had Best Buy do a data transfer of my complete hard drive.. When I do a search I can find the file under D:\documents and settings\ron\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook It says I do not have permission to access 1. I have tried to copy to hard drive 2. I have tried to inport by typing in the above 3. I cannot find the file when looking in Windows Explorer I am in desparate need of the 751 meg of info in the *.pst file Any suggestions? Thank you Ron Ron wrote: > My CPU went bad and I had Best Buy do a data transfer of > my complete hard driv...

Outlook 2003-Cannot delete PST files
I started using trial version of Office Pro 2003. In Outlook, someow I ended up with 3 folders I want to delete at the left column under All Mail Folders. When I try to close them, I get "Operation failed. An object could not be found" message. Similar issue is discussed at KB292022, but it relates to Outlook 2000 and I could not find the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings\". I am not sure if I am using IMO or CW. Outlook 2003 does not indicate it at Help-About.... screen. Can anyone h...

New Mac convert
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Excel on my old PC the command Alt + return would force a hard return within a cell in order to enter multiple lines within one cell. How can I do this with Excel for Mac? On 09/05/2010 05:07, Axeman@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel In Excel on my old PC the command Alt + return would force a hard > return within a cell in order to enter multiple lines within one cell. > How can I do this with Excel for Mac? Hi, t...

converting hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizon
Hi , I am new to Visio 2003 . Can anybody tell me how can one convert hand drawn sketches into Visio Cross Functional Horizontal diagrams? Thanks Harsha Are you asking about a way to scan images into Visio and transform them into drawings? Or are you asking how to assemble a Cross Functional diagram? To make a Cross Functional diagram, you first choose how many bands to create. Then you click on the headings for the bands to change the text to the names you want. Switch to the Basic Flowchart shapes in the Shapes Window and drag out the Process shapes to create the steps in you...

Spending Tracker Problem with converted file in 2007
Hello, I've converted my 2006 file to 2007 and now the Spending Tracker only tracks category spending from one account. More specifically my checking account adds to the category spending but none of my credit card spending is included in the Spending Tracker totals. I searched through the settings, tried new transactions in the existing accounts - no luck. What does work: - I created a new file, added two accounts, checking and credit card, added dummy transactions to both accounts and the Spending Tracker reflects transactions from both accounts. - I created a new account ...

Changing My Outlook 2003 PST from 97-2002 to Unicode Format?
What is the best way to get the data from my PST - presently in the older Outlook 97-2002 format - into a new PST in the newer Outlook 2003 Unicose format? (I am using Outlook 2003) I've had Outlook installed as part of MS Office for a few years, starting with, I believe, OL 97. Each time I upgraded to a new version, I just ran the installer and allowed it to use the default. When it sensed, or asked and I responded, the previous version's data it just "took over" the existing PST. Always seemed OK to me. But now that I have had Office/Outlook 2003 installed for over a ...

Back Up PST File
I have Windows XP and use Outlook 2002. I have a CD RW burner and have been trying to back up my outlook.pst file to CD, just in case. When I tried it the first time today, I got a message that said there is extra information in the PST file that will be lost if I continue with the copying function. It also said the contents of the file would NOT be affected and asked if I wanted to continue or cancel. I cancelled because I did understand the message. When I tried again, I got the same message. I cancelled and tried a third time. Now the pst. file is accessible for copying the...

opening PST files
could anyone help me with some piece of code which opens *.pst file stored somewhere on a disk? i need to get to the messages stored in this file my task is actually to do it in java but if no one has a java code (for example using JACOB or microsoft sdk) VB will be fine as well :-) Thank in advance "Qoooba" <qoooba@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:bpdss6$s7p$1@news.onet.pl... > could anyone help me with some piece of code > which opens *.pst file stored somewhere on a disk? > i need to get to the messages stored in this file > > my task is actually to ...

outlook PST file #2
Need help I installed Win XP PRO then Office 2003 and tried to import my PST's. It did that just fine but for some reason it gave me two Personal folder both with all the same files and folders. I need to know how to get rid of one of the personal folder. This happened to me also, but I have 3 personal folders. Can you post the solution if you find it elsewhere? Thanks... Can you right-click on one of them and select Close? willy wrote: > Need help I installed Win XP PRO then Office 2003 and > tried to import my PST's. It did that just fine but for > some reason it ga...

Office OL 2007 - Vista
Office OL 2007 and Vista I received a warning (when I tried to create and save a new OL contact) that my pst file is too large. I was prevented from saving the new contact. I checked the pst size (in c:\users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook), and see that a hair over 1.9 GB (and FWIW, the Archive.pst is over 3.4 GB. I thought the default max size is 20GB. I tried finding the Registry entries for max file sizes, and thought they were located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook , but navigating down there to Microsoft, there's only Sy...

Access File MDB to EXE
Hello, i have a mdb file and i like run this file like a executable file (EXE). This is possible? Thanks HF (Newsgroups trimmed. Please restrict to a max of 3 relevant newsgroups.) No. An Access database ALWAYS needs MSAccess.exe to run it. This can be either the full-version of Access or the run-time version which can be distributed royalty-free with your Access database if you have the license for the Microsoft Office Developer edition (varying names depending on Access versions). -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (Access) "H�lder Fernandes" <hf@netvisao.pt> wrote in message...

Converting Access 2000 to 97
I'm trying to convert an Access 2000 file into 97 and keep getting an invalid field type error. This is probably a rookie error, but I've looked to a couple of other resources and can't find the answer. Any hints as to where the error is at? Thanks, ew Do you have any Decimal fields in your database? That data type didn't exist in Access 97. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:003201c48acf$73f33ac0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying...

Converting back to Access 2003
I want to convert a Access 2007 database to Access 2003 file type (mdb). I get an error message saying I need permission to do this. Where do I change permissions? Ed ...

Automatically Convert values to $M
Good Morning, I am wondering if there is a way to automatically convert my values to $M I also want my scale to read $1M, $2M, $3M, etc.... Is there a way to do this automatically? -- Thank You, Steve Similar to your other post, custom number format #,,"M" Cheers Andy Steve D wrote: > Good Morning, > I am wondering if there is a way to automatically convert my values to > $M I also want my scale to read $1M, $2M, $3M, etc.... Is there a way to do > this automatically? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Archive public folders to PST file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C755BA.60F140D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, We need to reduce the size of our Exchange Server (part of SBS 2000 = Server). We create a sub-folder under Public Folders for each projects = we have. There are about 100 of them. All we want to get is to have = one PST for each project to store emails which are older than a month. = Any utility or program do that? We need an automatic way which meant = automatic move old emails to PST file...

A way to convert Excel worksheet into Powerpoint slide
Hi, I need a way to easily convert an Excel worksheet which is used extensively at operational level to a Powerpoint slide for the management to view summaries of operational information. It's just an exact "copy" of that particular worksheet to be shown on Powerpoint and a means to automate this process. ie. using a script/program. Thanks in advance. Hi Juzion, See Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html --- Regards, Norman "juzion" <juzion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7714AB8D-775E-4D08-BDC6-97...