convert outlook 2003 pst file to outlook 2000 pst file

Hi all

I have a little a problem and would appreciate any advice.

I uninstalled outlook 2003 and reinstalled outlook 2000. At the time I
uninstalled outlook 2003, I did not convert the pst file to the outlook 2000
format. On my pc is currently outlook 2000 but I am unable to import the pst
file which is in outlook 2003 format. Any ideas how I can convert .pst file
into a format which can be imported into outlook 2000 without reinstalling
outlook 2003?

Many thanks
Ronnie Kotkis

Hello Ron,

If you just try to add the personal folder into your Outlook 2000 what happens.

To add  - Tools - Services - Add Personal Folder.  You will need to browse where the file is located so you may want to locate where the .pst is located first.

I use Outlook 2003, 2000 and 98 all with the same personal folder off the network without issue.

Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group

     ----- Ronnie Kotkis wrote: -----

     Hi all

     I have a little a problem and would appreciate any advice.

     I uninstalled outlook 2003 and reinstalled outlook 2000. At the time I
     uninstalled outlook 2003, I did not convert the pst file to the outlook 2000
     format. On my pc is currently outlook 2000 but I am unable to import the pst
     file which is in outlook 2003 format. Any ideas how I can convert .pst file
     into a format which can be imported into outlook 2000 without reinstalling
     outlook 2003?

     Many thanks
     Ronnie Kotkis

You will need to reinstall Outlook 2003, create a new .pst file of the
"97-2002" type and then use drag and drop to move items from the 2003
unicode .pst file to the 97-2002 ansi file.  Once you do this, you should be
able to open it in pre-Outlook 2003 versions.

By the way, importing is meant for file types not native to Outlook.  Use
File->Open->Personal Folder File if you want to retain some essential
information, like received dates, custom forms, connections between Journal
and Contacts, etc.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Ronnie Kotkis
asked:

| Hi all
|
| I have a little a problem and would appreciate any advice.
|
| I uninstalled outlook 2003 and reinstalled outlook 2000. At the time I
| uninstalled outlook 2003, I did not convert the pst file to the
| outlook 2000 format. On my pc is currently outlook 2000 but I am
| unable to import the pst file which is in outlook 2003 format. Any
| ideas how I can convert .pst file into a format which can be imported
| into outlook 2000 without reinstalling outlook 2003?
|
| Many thanks
| Ronnie Kotkis

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
1/13/2004 3:48:21 AM
You are probably using the ansi format for the .pst file - the OP had
converted to the new file format and it is unusable in prior versions of
Outlook.

Also, please advise your users and user group to never import a .pst file -
importing is unnecessary and loses important information.  Importing is used
for converting other file types to Outlook's .pst format.  Always use
File->Open->Personal Folders file to access an old or secondary/archived
..pst file.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Francine Otterson
asked:

| Hello Ron,
|
| If you just try to add the personal folder into your Outlook 2000
| what happens.
|
| To add  - Tools - Services - Add Personal Folder.  You will need to
| browse where the file is located so you may want to locate where the
| .pst is located first.
|
| I use Outlook 2003, 2000 and 98 all with the same personal folder off
| the network without issue.
|
| Francine Otterson
| President, San Diego Outlook User Group
|
|      ----- Ronnie Kotkis wrote: -----
|
|      Hi all
|
|      I have a little a problem and would appreciate any advice.
|
|      I uninstalled outlook 2003 and reinstalled outlook 2000. At the
|      time I uninstalled outlook 2003, I did not convert the pst file
|      to the outlook 2000 format. On my pc is currently outlook 2000
|      but I am unable to import the pst file which is in outlook 2003
|      format. Any ideas how I can convert .pst file into a format
|      which can be imported into outlook 2000 without reinstalling
| outlook 2003?
|
|      Many thanks
|      Ronnie Kotkis

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
1/13/2004 3:50:35 AM
Ronnie Kotkis <ronniekotkis@worldonline.co.za> wrote:

> Any
> ideas how I can convert .pst file into a format which can be imported
> into outlook 2000 without reinstalling outlook 2003?

There is no way.  You must use OL2003 to create a legacy (ANSI) PST and copy
the items from the Unicode PST to the ANSI PST.  You can then use the ANSI
PST in OL2000.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Converting QuatroPro to Excel
How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel spreadsheet. Any help? Thanks, Bob Open the file in Quattro Pro and save it in one of the supplied Excel formats. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36c601c40128$9e26a970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel > spreadsheet. Any help? > Thanks, > Bob ...

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003