convert mails to text ?

Hello,
I do have some 1000 mails. Is it possible to convert them into a large
textfile ?
Frank

0
fthiel (1)

yeah, just do file, import/export, export to file etc etc

"Frank Thiel" <fthiel@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I do have some 1000 mails. Is it possible to convert them into a large
> textfile ?
> Frank

0
neil3802 (91)
12/29/2003 8:15:21 PM
select all, file, save as text.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Frank Thiel" <fthiel@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I do have some 1000 mails. Is it possible to convert them into a large
> textfile ?
> Frank

0
dianenws (1904)
12/29/2003 9:35:41 PM
This does not work for me, at least in Outlook 2003.  I have done the
following:  I select (highlight) a group of messages.  I then click the file
menu, and select "Save As"

This produces the "Save As" dialog box.  Unfortunately, the "Save" button in
the lower right is "grayed out"

Am I missing something, or does this just not work in Office 2003.  Is there
anyother way to accomplish the same thing?

Thanks.
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> select all, file, save as text.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

> "Frank Thiel" <fthiel@gmx.de> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I do have some 1000 mails. Is it possible to convert them into a large
> > textfile ?
> > Frank

0
EHPorter1 (7)
1/7/2004 4:09:12 PM
On my Outlook 2003, this button is unactive (grayed out) until the name
of the file to output to is entered in the dialog box field.

0
rmschne1 (174)
1/7/2004 4:18:18 PM
It works in Ol2003 - is the save button dead after entering the file name?
As Rob mentions, you need to enter a file name, Outlook doesn't create one
for you.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"EHPorter" <EHPorter1@outthere.somewhere> wrote in message
> This does not work for me, at least in Outlook 2003.  I have done the
> following:  I select (highlight) a group of messages.  I then click the
> file
> menu, and select "Save As"
>
> This produces the "Save As" dialog box.  Unfortunately, the "Save" button
> in
> the lower right is "grayed out"
>
> Am I missing something, or does this just not work in Office 2003.  Is
> there
> anyother way to accomplish the same thing?
>
> Thanks.
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
>> select all, file, save as text.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
>> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:
>>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30
>>
>> "Frank Thiel" <fthiel@gmx.de> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> > I do have some 1000 mails. Is it possible to convert them into a large
>> > textfile ?
>> > Frank

0
dianenws (1904)
1/7/2004 4:54:23 PM
Well, that did work -- sort of.  There is still on problem.  For a lot of
the email messages I am trying to save, all I find in the resulting text
file is a series of headers.  The body of the message is not saved.

What puzzles me (and makes me think I am perhaps still doing something
wrong) is that SOME of the messages will save with the body intact; others
will not.  So far, I can not see any pattern hinting at why some messages
save with message body, and others save only the header.

Any thoughts?  Any way to "bulk save" these files as individual text
messages (without having to save every one individually, one at a time).,  I
need to save these messages as text files, but do not care if they end up in
one big file, or a number of small ones.

> It works in Ol2003 - is the save button dead after entering the file name?
> As Rob mentions, you need to enter a file name, Outlook doesn't create one
> for you.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

> "EHPorter" <EHPorter1@outthere.somewhere> wrote in message
> > This does not work for me, at least in Outlook 2003.  I have done the
> > following:  I select (highlight) a group of messages.  I then click the
> > file
> > menu, and select "Save As"
> >
> > This produces the "Save As" dialog box.  Unfortunately, the "Save"
button
> > in
> > the lower right is "grayed out"
> >
> > Am I missing something, or does this just not work in Office 2003.  Is
> > there
> > anyother way to accomplish the same thing?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> >> select all, file, save as text.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> >> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Search for answers: http://groups.google.com
> >> Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups:

> >> "Frank Thiel" <fthiel@gmx.de> wrote in message

0
EHPorter1 (7)

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Converting Opportunity to Account

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

parameter for text

Duplicate E-Mail #4

convert to stored proc
Hello. I have been given a conversion assignment to convert Access db (frontend) with sql server 2005 backend to be included in a new webapp that is being constructed. Unfortunately, my stored proc creating is a bit weak and I'm not afraid to admit it. With that said, I came across an Access query that is puzzling me. Here it is; SELECT Purchase Orders *, POSO Relationships.SONumber AS RelatedSONumber, IIf([POSOType], [POSOType], 'Standard') AS POSOTypeFull, POSORelationships.MTXRMA, POSORelationships.SupplierRMA, POSORelationships.POSOType FROM PurchaseOrders ...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Text box in Embedded chart is cut off
Hi. I am having a problem with an embedded chart that appears differently in word versus how it appeared originally in Excel. Specifically, the top of the chart (in excel) has a text box that divides the chart (it is a vertical bar graph) into subcategories (labels at the bottom are used to specify what each bar signifies; but these are taken from the associated cell range). Originally, the chart was labeled by a single text box, separated by spaces: Lifetime Use 30-Day Use Heavy Use Antisocial Behavior When this chart is linked in word, the text displays like this (tho&...

Hi All, I'm creating a form that allows the user to pick a txt file (dialog) and then display the path and contents on the form. The code has been cobbled together as I found the pieces that worked, so bear with. I got the file picker working and displaying the file name on the form, but the file contents won't display. I had a feeling the problem had to do with importing a namespace (see the error in the code when I tried "Imports System.IO") or with a missing reference. Using Access 2003. References: VB for Apps, MS Access 11 Obj Lib, OLE Auto, MS V...