conversion file dialog box

Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion
dialog box opens along with Word and eventually an error
message. Does anyone know how to turn this off?
0
anonymous (74722)

What file conversion dialog?  Post the exact dialog that appears.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, frustrated asked:

| Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion
| dialog box opens along with Word and eventually an error
| message. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
7/6/2004 3:02:14 AM

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> What file conversion dialog?  Post the exact dialog that appears.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, frustrated asked:
>
> | Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion
> | dialog box opens along with Word and eventually an error
> | message. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

0
vspy (2)
7/7/2004 2:20:01 AM
Milly, the Microsoft File Conversion dialog box opens when I open Outlook and when I press ok to accept the Microsoft default option this is the error message I receive. What I am really stumped about is why Word opens every time I open Outlook. I researched the knowledge database and Microsoft said that the Outlook upadate #3 corrected this problem but it hasn't.

Microsoft Word

The add-in template is not valid.
(C:\Program Files\...\~$FMaker.dot)

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> What file conversion dialog?  Post the exact dialog that appears.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, frustrated asked:
>
> | Every time I open Outlook 2002, the file conversion
> | dialog box opens along with Word and eventually an error
> | message. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

0
vspy (2)

PDF won't open from excel file
Hello, I hope you can help me out. I have a link to a local PDF file in excel. This PDF file will open fine from Adobe or from my documents, but when I click on the link in excel, the screen flashes momentarily, but the file does not open. I do not experience this problem when linking to word files, etc. This file is not embeded... just linked. please advise\. Thank you!! Hi There were problems I believe with Version 7.0 Update it to 7.03 and try it again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <oltersdorf@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127854583.183144.22670@f14g20...

Can I automatically replace data when importing a text file?
I am importing data that has hundreds of numbers like 60003838, 60010813, 60003928, 60003895. I would like to know if there is a way to format the data to change those numbers automaticaly to another value (names) every time I import the data, or is there a way for me to replace all those values automatically? If you have a list that has names behind these numbers you can use a vertical lookup function ( VLOOKUP ). Use Insert - Function, and search for VLOOKUP function and follow the instructions. Hope this helps. "Jake" wrote: > I am importing data that has hund...

in office 2007 we cannto logon exchange mail box
i installed office 2007 then arrnage mail account , when i configure exchange box officce said that message.0x80040011d when i see in network connection gatway not avaliable because dhcp automaticly share when i configure manullay no problem. how can solve thanx Twety <ak@yahoo.com> wrote: > i installed office 2007 then arrnage mail account , when i > configure exchange box officce said that message.0x80040011d Is your mailbox store mounted? Can you open this mailbox in OWA? > > when i see in network connection gatway not avaliable because dhcp > aut...

Dbase and Spss excel conversions
Hi everyone I have exported two sheets of data one from ARCGIS dbf and one fro SPSS toand excel sheet I am trying to use vlookup to match the data from both sheets an replace any missing values with zeros. The result is all are regarde as missing unless I have manually retyped the id field (for th vlookup) in both sheets - then a result is returned. I think it ha something to do with formatting but can't work out what the problem i and as there are over 12,000 ids I don't want to many reenter them Any suggestions on how to get the formatting the same for both sheets? thanks -- Sab...

Pop up Box
I need to have a pop up box saying "Correct" if cell A1+B1=2. How can this be done? You can't, not without changing the question a bit. Think about it: Once the user has accepted that message box (say if you supply an OK button and the user hits it), A1+B2 still equals 2; do you want the message box to pop up again? 1) No; you want it to pop up only when A1+B2 BECOMES 2, that is, when one of those two values are changed so that the sum is 2. For that you want a macro; a worksheet function can't do it for you. 2) Yes; you want "Correct" to show...

captions / linked text boxes / call-outs. None of these do the jo
Hi I want to link a piece of text to a textbox which I can then move around the screen with an arrow attached between the text and the textbox. Scenario I have some text, I draw a textbox and arrow between the two. I go further up in the document type some text and the textbox, arrow and text all become disconnected and I have to mess about for ages reconnecting them. If you can recommend an add-in for this if the functionality is not within Word itself. Something similar to Visio (not a viso embedded doc as none of the formatting is kept). thanks I also want the exa...

Inserting text from a .txt file
I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. Anyway, here is my question: How do I insert the text from a text file into my e-mail document. I am using the rtf editor. thank you, ~alan copy/paste? "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23%23AwZrIKEHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook > Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. > > Anywa...

I need open or gain access to an external file
Here is my problem and I hope someone can help me out. I am trying to open or retrieve data from a file that is only accessable from a different user. Example: If you are logged in under user and need to access a file that is only available under admin. The files are unavailable under user because they do not need to be tampered with. These files cannot be made public. Is there a way to do this? Doesn't that sound like it would defeat the purpose of having the file placed where you can't/shouldn't be able to get to it? -- Best Regards, Luke M "P.Griesh...

Change the name of the file attachment using sendobject
I would like to change the name of the excel spreadsheet that is attached to an email using the sendobject method. DoCmd.SendObject acSendQuery, "Q Email Export", acFormatXLS, "thechad@thechad.com", , , " Email List Export" any help is appreciated very much. Chad ...

Help with front page drop down box
Hi, i need to know how to direct people to the drop down option they select from a website Try this: http://www.echoecho.com/tooldropdown.htm -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - Expression Web Spider Web Woman Designs Expression Web Resources: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/xweb/ Expression Web Wiki: http://expression-web-wiki.com/ FrontPage Resources: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/ Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others "Michael" <icouldbeelvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8309C283-377B-4A6B-A7FD-3A6508...

Print preview publisher file different pages appear
When I print preview a catalog publication I created with Publisher , it shows me different pages , not the pages I see them on my actual screen. As for the color issue I have installed the driver for printing , but how can I print ?? your quick reply is appreciated Are you using the catalog merge? Your explanation of your problem is not very clear. What you see on the screen if you are using catalog merge is only one merge block. When you look at print preview, you are seeing the total merge. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.mi...

Outlook 2003 Close Data File
I had been using a third party program (Jeyo Mobile Extender for Outlook). I have uninstalled the program, but the folder credated by the install program remains. It represents a data file that is no longer there. When trying to close the data file I get the message that "Operation failed. Object cannot be found." Any suggestions as to how to remove the folder from my folder list in Outlook. Can you delete it using the Data File Management option? How about = under Control Panel->Mail Icon->Accounts->View or Change? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all r...

Combo box change to run Macro
I have a combo box on the frmAssessment with a list of Assessors from a lookup table. I want to send an email to the Assessor who's name is displayed in the box either when a new entry or a change of names when editing. I created a macro with a condition of [RNAssessor] = "Jane Doe" and the action SendObject with Jane Doe's email address - similarly for each Assessor's name. The problem I'm having is I cannot get the event to trigger. I tried the OnChange and AfterUpdate events and they don't work. Any help you can give me will be much app...

Outlook 2000 Help Files
I am getting an error message when I try to open Outlook Help 0xc0000005-0x5d49328d Tech suppport doesn't recognise the 0x5d49328d part of the code Two other related facts Outlook slows my machine, almost, to a standstill when collecting mail from Exchange. PCdoc says I have missing help files Finally I have tried repairing Outlook according to Ms Kb article 260200 Any Ideas ? Thanks ...

list box
hi, Im new to MFC.I have a structure in my program.I want the members of that structure and its corresponding values to be listed in a list box.I want it to be as an event of clicking a button i.e on clicking a button the event must list all the values of the members in the structure in a list box. How can it be done? thanks in advance. R.Sudharsan. .. "sudharsan" <sudhar_san84@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:031c01c3777f$df158fb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > Im new to MFC.I have a structure in my program.I want the > members of that structure and ...

how to add drop box in a spreadsheet
I want to add a drop box in a spreadsheet for people to select yes or no and for production and shipment. It will not link to any database nor it will be used as a data entry, How to add such a drop list to a cell in the spreadsheet????. I believe it's under the "data" tab... "Manat work" <Manat work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A99B31E-3CB4-4BCE-BEB3-9C42F4975702@microsoft.com... >I want to add a drop box in a spreadsheet for people to select yes or no >and > for production and shipment. It will not link to any database nor it ...

PC freezes when I open a file
I have a four-page document with a lot of URLs. Whenever I open it, my mouse cannot click anything for about two minutes, and the document itself remains frozen for five minutes. If it is only that one document, it suggests that it is partially corrupt. Not knowing which version of Word or OS you are using makes it difficult to give you options to sort it out, but try the Open and Repair function first. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72B470EE-B86F-4018-99B5-F5FCEB41BB34@microsoft.c...

TAB Control + Dialogbar dialog box
Hi I am using VC++ 7.0. I am having a tab control which display dialog boxes. I didnt used property sheets. Now I want to change the color for the tabs and dialogs also. Currently if I change the color of the dialog box and switch between two tabs the background doesnt get erased. I do I change the color of the dialog and tab buttons ? ...

Drop'n'drag multiple files?
How do I see in my MFC SDI OnOpenDocument(LPCTSTR lpszPathName){} that I intend to open multiple files (either from drag'n'drop) or from an opendialog? You don't from OnOpenDocument(). This method only opens one file at a time and should be called once for each file. The problem is that the CCommandLineInfo class only reads and opens a single file from the command line. I had to modify this class (or, rather, derive from it) to make it handle multiple files). -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com "Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen" <mnielsen@...

Error message: This file must be converted with BinHex 4.0
I get this error message and a scrambled document when trying to open Excel files via web mail that were created on a MAC . I run Win XP Pro with SP 2. I have not had this problem on my home desktop dl'g with Outlook Express. So I don't know if the problem lies within my laptop or the webmail or the MAC creator's Excel version or??? Thank you for any help. ...

Accessing Encrypted File
Hello there, I have a big problem and do not know where to turn for help! A few days ago I encrypted a few folders with some important files using XP SP3 EFS procedures. (right click, properties, advance, etc). Then I tried to export the cert to a thumb drive. But doing: Internet Explorer 8> Tools> Internet Options> Content> Certificates> It was blank. No cert at all. This gave me a bad feeling. Immediately I started Windows Explorer & tried to open an encrypted file, but to my fear I go access denied message. Now, I am the same user, no format no new inst...

Can't open pst file, It said this is not personal folder.
I have several pst files which are over 2G, some even 3G, which can not open now. Story: I was using outlook 2003 before and they were ok even over 2G or 3G. one day I broke my disk so I sent the disk outside to rescue all data back. when I open pst less than 2G, they are fine. But the pst files over 2G I can not open now. Even I want to open and repair it but it said it is not pst file. what can I do now ? ...

corrupted excel 2000 file which is password protected
we are looking for a utility which will allow us to recover a excel 2000 file multiple sheets and passworded. The file was originally stored on a zip disk and we were not able to open the file because of hardware problems with the zipdisk. We then used norton disk doctor and were able to copy the file from the zipdisk to our 'C' drive. When we now try to open the file with excel, it asks for the password, which it accepts, but then gives the following error message The file is approx 3mb and asks for the password which it accepts but then says 'excel has generated errors a...

Text Box Coding
What coding would accomplish this in a text box? When you enter or paste a number like this: 000027250546897 It will then become this: 27250546897 On the after update or whichever is event most appropriate. Thanks Curtis If this text box is bound to a Number field, you don't have to do anything. Access will remove the leading zeros for you. If the control is unbound, set its Format property to: General Number Access will recognise it as a number (provided you paste a number) and remove the leading zeros. If you need to code it, use Val(). Test if is IsNull() first. -- All...

excel2000-password shared file over wireless network-crashing
I have a file that is password protected and shared by two people over a wireless network. It is constantly crashing while saving. Does anybody have any ideas on the problem? I turned off the password ans still have the same problem. I haven't heard anybody complain about excel2000 crashing while shared. Any help would be great. Would excel 2003 work? I don't really want to upgrade since there is very little difference between the both. Thanks, Joe ...