continually getting send/receive errors using outlook 2002

Does anyone know why I am continually getting send/receive errors when trying
to send an e-mail. I can receive e-mails from virtually anybody that is not
blocked by Norton Anti-Spam(Norton Internet Security 2005). My account is a
pop3 account with the 'Orange' mobile phone network, therefore it has an
'@orange.net' address. I have tried 'repairing' outlook from add/remove
programs - this did not fix the problem. Neither did uninstalling and
re-installing (also from add/remove programs) this time it only allowed me to
send a test e-mail to my '@aol.com' address and one other already written,
then I got the error messages again, within less than 90 seconds!

The error messages are numbered as follows:

0x800CCC0F; 0x80042109; and 0x8004210B. The text which follows all three
error numbers says to contact my server administrator or ISP if the problem
continues. I am the only user of this computer, so ther is no 'administrator
to contact. It also variously says words like: The connection to the server
was interrupted, or lost, or could not be established or similar.

I have tried (at the suggestion of someone who answered my query on an aol
message board) changing the outgoing server port number from 25 to 587 but
this made no difference, (except to present me with yet another error
message) either so I changed it back to the default 25. I have also tried
'test account settings' in tools, e-mail accounts, view or change etc,  which
tells me that the sever has been found but there has been or there was no
response from it, or outlook is waiting for a response. Could the sever in
question be the 'Orange' sever or the AOL sever?

I have contacted my ISP - AOL - who say that the problem must be with the
outlook software, but when I get these send/receive errors I almost always
can't send from my aol account either. My aol account is NOT set up in
outlook 2002, as I use the aol software to send and receive 'aol' mail.
I have also tried system restore, which also did not work because all three
of the 'system checkpoint' dates that I tried to restore to, were not
possible because I got a meesage telling me that the I could not restore the
system to the date chosen and must pick another date. This left me with no
option but to do ANOTHER system recovery!

Unfortunately as this has also not solved the problem, I am now at my wits
end and left with no more options.

My tech specs are:
Laptop pc with 2.4Ghz Intel Celeron M; 512Mb ddr sdram; 29+Gb hard drive
space 'free'
Windows XP sp2 plus all current high priority updates and some optional ones
Outlook 2002 (oem with my smartphone) - awaiting Office XP sp3
Norton Internet Security 2005 and Norton System Works Premier 2005 - fully
updated
AOL 9.0 for Broadband
Windows 'Defender' (Beta 2) - Fomerly Microsoft Anti Spyware, AOL Spyware
Protection, Adaware SE 1.06, Spyware Doctor 3.2, Spyware Blaster 3.5.1, all
fully updated, plus Free Internet Eraser 2.05 and the latest free version of
CCleaner.

When this problem started I had also had Word 2002 as part of Works Suite
2005 installed as well as Office XP sp3 with some optional updates. Microsoft
Anti Spyware - fully updated, was installed at the time, not Windows
Defender. At the time of this problem starting I was also getting another
error message when attempting to connect to microsoft update: 0x800A1391, as
well as not being able to log in to the .net passport feature so I could not
even ask for help via these communities. The problem started with a vengeance
a couple of weeks ago and after some fiddling as well as contacting aol to no
avail,  it seemed to 'fix itself', and then come back again about three
times. Now nothing seems to make any difference.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated

Rob
0
TufftyBob (9)

I have also e-mailed 'Orange' via an online form on their website but they
have not responded in nearly a week.

"TufftyBob" wrote:

> [...]
> CCleaner.
>
> When this problem started I had also had Word 2002 as part of Works Suite
> 2005 installed as well as Office XP sp3 with some optional updates. Microsoft
> Anti Spyware - fully updated, was installed at the time, not Windows
> Defender. At the time of this problem starting I was also getting another
> error message when attempting to connect to microsoft update: 0x800A1391, as
> well as not being able to log in to the .net passport feature so I could not
> even ask for help via these communities. The problem started with a vengeance
> a couple of weeks ago and after some fiddling as well as contacting aol to no
> avail,  it seemed to 'fix itself', and then come back again about three
> times. Now nothing seems to make any difference.
>
> Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated

0
TufftyBob (9)
2/18/2006 11:05:27 PM
TufftyBob <TufftyBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know why I am continually getting send/receive errors
> when trying to send an e-mail. I can receive e-mails from virtually
> anybody that is not blocked by Norton Anti-Spam(Norton Internet
> Security 2005). My account is a pop3 account with the 'Orange' mobile
> phone network, therefore it has an '@orange.net' address. I have
> tried 'repairing' outlook from add/remove programs - this did not fix
> the problem. Neither did uninstalling and re-installing (also from
> add/remove programs) this time it only allowed me to send a test
> e-mail to my '@aol.com' address and one other already written, then I
> got the error messages again, within less than 90 seconds!

Scanning incoming mail with a Symantec problem can lead to this.

> The error messages are numbered as follows:
>
> 0x800CCC0F; 0x80042109; and 0x8004210B. The text which follows all
> three error numbers says to contact my server administrator or ISP if
> the problem continues. I am the only user of this computer, so ther
> is no 'administrator to contact.

Sure there is.  Your server administrator is your ISP.  The errors you
describe are typical when add-in software, like a mail scanner or a
firewall, is interfering with the communications path between Outlook and
the server(s).  These may give you insight:
http://www.google.com/search?q=0x800CCC0F
http://www.google.com/search?q=0x80042109
http://www.google.com/search?q=0x8004210B

> I have tried (at the suggestion of someone who answered my query on
> an aol message board) changing the outgoing server port number from
> 25 to 587 but this made no difference, (except to present me with yet
> another error message) either so I changed it back to the default 25.
> I have also tried 'test account settings' in tools, e-mail accounts,
> view or change etc,  which tells me that the sever has been found but
> there has been or there was no response from it, or outlook is
> waiting for a response.

Are you properly authenticating to your servers, both the POP and SMTP?

> Could the sever in question be the 'Orange' sever or the AOL sever?

Whatever servers are named in your account settings.

> I have contacted my ISP - AOL - who say that the problem must be with
> the outlook software,

Of course they would.

> but when I get these send/receive errors I
> almost always can't send from my aol account either.

And what do they say when you tell them that you receive the same errors
from their software with no Outlook involved?

> Norton Internet Security 2005 and Norton System Works Premier 2005 -
> fully updated
> AOL 9.0 for Broadband
> Windows 'Defender' (Beta 2) - Fomerly Microsoft Anti Spyware, AOL
> Spyware Protection, Adaware SE 1.06, Spyware Doctor 3.2, Spyware
> Blaster 3.5.1, all fully updated, plus Free Internet Eraser 2.05 and
> the latest free version of CCleaner.

Try disabling all AV and antispam software temporarily.

> When this problem started I had also had Word 2002 as part of Works
> Suite 2005 installed as well as Office XP sp3 with some optional
> updates. Microsoft Anti Spyware - fully updated, was installed at the
> time, not Windows Defender. At the time of this problem starting I
> was also getting another error message when attempting to connect to
> microsoft update: 0x800A1391, as well as not being able to log in to
> the .net passport feature so I could not even ask for help via these
> communities. The problem started with a vengeance a couple of weeks
> ago and after some fiddling as well as contacting aol to no avail,
> it seemed to 'fix itself', and then come back again about three
> times. Now nothing seems to make any difference.

My experience with AOL, though some time ago, proved to me that AOL doesn't
play nice with any networking settings and really screwed my PC up.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
2/19/2006 1:10:03 AM
Hi Brian,
Thanks for all your advice, including letting me know that it is my ISP who
is the server administrator.

I will try the links you provided and hope they shed some light on the true
meaning of those errors.

regards,

Tufftybob

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> [...]
>
> > When this problem started I had also had Word 2002 as part of Works
> > Suite 2005 installed as well as Office XP sp3 with some optional
> > updates. Microsoft Anti Spyware - fully updated, was installed at the
> > time, not Windows Defender. At the time of this problem starting I
> > was also getting another error message when attempting to connect to
> > microsoft update: 0x800A1391, as well as not being able to log in to
> > the .net passport feature so I could not even ask for help via these
> > communities. The problem started with a vengeance a couple of weeks
> > ago and after some fiddling as well as contacting aol to no avail,
> > it seemed to 'fix itself', and then come back again about three
> > times. Now nothing seems to make any difference.
>
> My experience with AOL, though some time ago, proved to me that AOL doesn't
> play nice with any networking settings and really screwed my PC up.

0
TufftyBob (9)

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Hdtv Receiver Tuner
Channel Master CM-7000 Digital to Analog TV Converter Box Price:$59.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000XQTDR2 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000XQTDR2 Elgato Systems 10020974 EyeTV Hybrid TV Tuner Stick for Analog, HDTV and FM Radio Reception Price:$149.95 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001QCYHXM Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001QCYHXM Hauppauge 1192 WinTV HVR-1950 External USB HDTV Tuner/Video Recorder Price:$149.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B00198MYB0 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Filter recordset using query results
Hi all I have a form based on a query called [qry Quarterly Planning], it lists all Itineraries on the system. On this form you can filter records by specifying a Start and End Date for the [ReviewDate] and/or [Specialist]. It is a subform on a main unbound form, lets call this Subform1. Along side this I have another subform (Subform2) which displays ReviewDates that exist against an Itinerary. In other words Subform1 has a start date of an activity and if the activity lasts longer than 1 day, then the additional dates are stored in Subform2 (ItineraryDates). Currently when I...

Reminders in Outlook