Contacts: 'Save as' name appears as 'Full Name'

I use Outlook 2000 with Windows XP.  More recently, an odd problem has
developed.  When inputting a new name and address, I properly populate
respective 'Name' fields with title/initial(s)/surname so, for example, the
full name should appear as Mr. & Mrs. J. Bloggs.  For the 'Save as' field, I
would input Bloggs, Jimmy & Jane.  I then Save and Close.

The next time I view that particular contact, or print an address label, the
first line (full name) of the address, Mr & Mrs. J. Bloggs,  will have been
replaced by the Save As name in reverse, Jimmy & Jane Bloggs.   Yet if I
open the Full Name fields, the correct data of title/initial(s)/surname is
still shown in the respective fields.

Any help or solution will be appreciated.

Thanks

Pedro

0
pedro7589 (3)

Can I use variables for workheet name references in Excel functions?
I'm working with Excel 2003 and trying to look for a way to create some sort of dynamic references in functions between worksheets in the same workbook. Let me try to explain - Say I have a workbook with 12 different worksheets with the names - January, February, March, Etc... On a new Worksheet I want to write a function that will use a cell as a reference for the worksheet to use in the function. I'm going to have a function in that cell that will return a name (In this example - Cell A2) In Another cell, I want to write a function that will retrieve the highest value from a ce...

contacts in outlook don't show
I installed Office XP then I imported the mail from Outlook 2000, everything went fine. I open outlook and open a new mail, I press the TO button option in order to put the email address for the mail, then I press the down arrow to choose the email address, there is nothing in there. I know I have contacts list, also I am able to create and save new contacts and I can see the contact list, but when I go again to try to put the email address by pressing the TO button in the new mail and pressing the down arrow still nothing. Thanks in advance for your help. Fernando Is your Contacts folder ...

Question about forgetting the saved password in Outlook 2003
Hi all, Did a quick check on Google before I posted here, couldn't find my answer. I'm not an Outlook user and am trying to help someone out with an issue. Recently, a client of mine changed their DSL account password so now when they try to send / receive with Outlook they can't because the password has changed. Where do you go to forget or change the password in Outlook 2003 (SP3)? - Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) >Did a quick check on Google before I posted here, couldn't find my >answer. I'm not an Outlook user and am trying to help someone out with >an issue. Rece...

How to save formulas while copying worksheet?
I'm trying to copy a worksheet i created as a template as a new worksheet in another workbook without having my formulas change in the process. I have tried all the pasting options and all the formulas get change from ex.: =Material!A4 to ='[Template.xls]Material'!A4 In other words, reference to the template file are added to the formulas but i don't want that... i just want the copy the original formulas as they appear in the template. Any way of doing this or will i have to copy and paste and then edit all the affected formulas to remove any reference to the template file?...

Excel 2007 error msg when saving
In Excel 2007, when saving a file, we get the following message... "Errors were detected while saving FILENAME. Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features" If we click continue, it gives us the file selection screen to "save as" Press enter, and we get "The file already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?" If click "yes", the next message is "No errors were detected in FILENAME. No repairs were necessary" Click OK and it saves the file. I have searched newsgroups, but only find references to Tr...

how to CHANGE THE name "rajeev Chhajer" to "Chhajer rajeev"
I want to change the name and title placements in a cell/ worksheet/excel file. For ex. the content of the cell is "Rajeev Chhajer" and i wanna change to "Chhajer Rajeev" Pl suggest for the same, if u know. with your name in A1, use =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,99)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) cheers teylyn 'The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft Office Discussion' (http://www.thecodecage.com) Rajeev Chhajer;671235 Wrote: > I want to change the name and title placements in a cell/ works...

Getting & Using Sheet Names or Index in VBA code
How do you get each Sheet Name in a Workbook so you can use it in code? I know that each Sheet, regardless of Name has an Index of 1 through n beginning with the leftmost Sheet but I don't know how to use that information. I have one reference book, Excel 2003 VBA, that says there is a Worksheet Property 'Name' that returns a String and in the Description of that Property it says 'Set/Get the name of the worksheet'. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me how to use that in code. I don't really care whether I use the name of each Sheet or the Index but if you c...

How To Configure Primary Contact List
Hi, With Outlook 2003 in an Exchange 2003 environment how can I configure a particular Contact list to be the primary? That is, when I click on the < To > button (when creating a new message) I want to be able to have a Contact list as the default rather than the Global Address List. Also, Is it possible to make a public folder based contact list the default address list? Any and all thoughts on this are appreciated. Thanks, -- Walt Bell Tools | Address Book, then Tools | OPtions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http:...

Cant link Contacts to outgoing email
please help. I recently loaded Office XP on my Window XP OS. My palm address book is now in synch with MS Office contacts. I also have my school email linked to MS office. However, when I try to send an outgoing email and click on "TO" I can only seem to access my school's email contacts. I can not access any of my entries that I have in my Outlook contacts (which I had dowloaded from palm). Please help. If you created a new contact subfolder under Contacts in Outlook for your imports, you have to tell it to be available as an address book. In the "Folder Li...

Outlook Icons appearing on Quick Launch Bar
The folder icons of Outlook Express have appeared on my Launch Bar in W98. If I delete these shortcuts they get deleted from within Outlook Express. How do I stop them re appearing in the quick launch bar? And get them to stay in the Outlook Express program where they belong! Thanks John John <john@johnpaula.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > The folder icons of Outlook Express have appeared on my > Launch Bar in W98. If I delete these shortcuts they get > deleted from within Outlook Express. > How do I stop them re appearing in the quick launch bar? > And get them to stay in the...

Batch importing e-mail contacts using ldifde, csvde
Trying to make this work with a large list of contacts. Keep getting syntax errors and constraint violation errors on this command: csvde -k -i -j c:\ -f "f:\<filepath>\<filename>.csv" Can't even find out what a constraint violation is? And even if this works, it won't let me edit the memberOf attribute using ldifde, though it will allow other attributes to be changed! "Peter" <morsep@ijet.com> wrote: >Trying to make this work with a large list of contacts. >Keep getting syntax errors and constraint violation errors >on this co...

what happened to saved mail in outlook 2007
what happened to saved mail in outlook 2007 Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E7BF179-4CDE-470A-BFDF-4D16D48DDFAF@microsoft.com... > what happened to saved mail in outlook 2007 Nothing by default; it just stays there as you've left it unless you told...

Save word doc as non-editable and place watermark over the text
Hi, 1) I'm wondering if I can save a word document as non-editable? I want to prevent others from copying my text. 2) Is it possible to place a watermark over the text? It is impossible to prevent anyone you allow to view your text from copying it. You can merely make it more difficult. Yes you can add watermarks to your document. A watermark is simply a graphical image placed behind the text. For it to be of any use, you need to save the word document as a graphical image, or series of images (SnagIt will do that) then save the resulting graphic(s) as a PDF. It will no...

Holidays no longer appear on calendar.
When looking at Holidays under "Events" I see that they only go up to 2002. How do I get them to continue into future years? See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm Bob L. wrote: > When looking at Holidays under "Events" I see that they > only go up to 2002. How do I get them to continue into > future years? Thanks! It updated nicely. >-----Original Message----- >See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm > >Bob L. wrote: >> When looking at Holidays under "Events" I see that they >> only go up to 200...

If there any value saving stack space in a critical section?
I have a function which performs a sequence of similar calculations. This section of code is processing incoming data at a high rate. Because the calculations are intricate, it would normally be best to use lots of intermediate variables, and use them once only, for the sake of readability. However, because it is time critical, I wonder whether putting all these variables on the stack is expensive. Should I reduce the number of stack variables from, say 15, to 5, at the expence of readability? TIA, Javaman Not that I know of. Of course, if you are running in a small-stack environment...

NAME BOX
How do I delete a cell reference that is in my mame box?? thanks, larry Hi Larry one way: goto 'Insert - Name - Define' and delete the name in the appearing dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany FLKulchar wrote: > How do I delete a cell reference that is in my mame box?? > > thanks, > > larry Larry, Go to the Insert menu, choose Name, the Define. In that dialog, select the name and click Delete. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "FLKulchar" <flk2575@comcast.net> wrote...

create a relationship to either a contact or a company
Hi I notice that a case has a very nice feature. It has a single field customerid and two relationships mapping customerid to either a contact or a company, thus allowing the user to specify either a contact or a company when filling in the customer field. I've tried this with a custom entity and (not surprisingly) it fails when I try to create the second mapping with the error that the schema name is already in use. Can anybody suggest a clean way around this? cheers Mike ...

can i insert the name of the worksheet into a field?
wanting to set up some excel templates - can i insert the name of the worksheet into a field so that I don't have to rename every tab plus every field each time I use the template One way: =REPLACE(CELL("filename",A1),1,FIND("]",CELL ("filename",A1)),"") Note: wb must saved for this to work. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >wanting to set up some excel templates - can i insert the name of the >worksheet into a field so that I don't have to rename every tab plus every >field each time I use the template >...

create a list of worksheet names (from a single folder, or open files)
I need to create a list of worksheet names (tabs) or all the files (I'd like the file names as well, but think I've already found the add in from http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/index.html that does that part) the purpose is to create a list - from which I will use concatenate to make formulas linking to all the worksheets (they are all formated the same) so I can summarize financial information. (I use concatenate) make massive page of formulas and past special values to another page (creating text that upon adding an = sign in front will become formuals) I've found th...

Saving backup workbooks
How do you set excel 2000 to automatically save a backup workbook file when you save a workbook? File>save as, tools and general options, check always create backup -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Matt Edwards" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3a801$24da0f10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you set excel 2000 to automatically save a backup > workbook file when you save a workbook? Here is one I use to save to the same name in any directory\backup Sub Backup() 'kept in personal.xls & assigned to toolbar button On Error GoTo Back...

Std Msgs appearing as attachments
I have outlook express and am sending to a person with outlook. I op on Windows98 then op on win 95 (uptodate I know!). All my messages appear as ATT.txt or ATT.dat attachments. This has only happened in the last few weeks. Can I correct anything so that my messages appear as normal? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sp...

Single quotes surrounding email display name in Outllook 2003 for Sent Items
Hi there, I have a small issue with Outlook 2003 where any email I send to a person which is not in my Contacts list, it displays single quotes surrounding the email display name in Sent Items folder. But this doesn't seem to happen 100% of the time, just most of the times. I don't know if I can attach a screen shot from my Outlook here so you can see it better, but I will replay to you with it in case you don't understand exactly at what I am referring to. Thank you in advance and hopefully I can find an answer. Traian Nemes Traian Nemes <traian_nemes@sympatico.ca>...

Exchange Database Full
Hi... I have a new server Exchange 2003 completely installed at 3 days. During the night I left to make the import of one mailbox with 300MB, in the morning when I was to see the procedure the Database was disassembled because it had fond of the 16GB limit. It happened this problem to you? What it will be able to have occurred? Cumps On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:02:02 -0800, SeAPeC <SeAPeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi... I have a new server Exchange 2003 completely installed at 3 days. > During the night I left to make the import of one mailbox with 300MB, in &g...

Daylight Savings and CTime
Hello! We've got an application that makes heavy use of CTime, and we're trying to update it to use the new US Daylight Savings Time rules. Unfortunately, it looks like a part of CTime (in CRT) may be hard coded to be wrong, so I wanted to get opinions on what options we have. This is a C++ VS2003 application, but it looks like VS2005 isnt any better. Some details: - We store date and times in GMT on our database. These are loaded into COleDateTime objects and finally converted to CTime objects, which are what is then used in 99% of our application. - We must be able to convert date...

Contacts overwritten, can I recover them?
User installed Redirector software for synchronizing BlackBerry device with Outlook. During the install, the Inbox and all folders were refreshed by Exchange. As a result of this process, his Contacts list was erased. I do have an Exchange backup from the day before this occurred. Is there a relatively simple process to recover only his Contacts list? I'm a new Exchange admin and super concerned about affecting the remainder of my users. Thanks in advance.... what version of exchange? and do you have DIR configured? you might be able to recover them via Outlook if you do...s...