Contacts question #3

I have Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP system.

I had a motherboard failure last Friday, and am trying to get things
back up & running.  I was able to get all my old email over onto the new
system (my old C drive is now a slave drive in my new system).  However,
the contacts didn't come with it.

How can I get the contacts over to the new instance of Outlook 2003?

Any help appreciated.

BC
0
goober (16)

How did you move the mail? Can you open your old PST on the other hard drive
using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the
info you want from the old PST to the new one?

"Blasting Cap" <goober@christian.net> wrote in message
>I have Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP system.
>
> I had a motherboard failure last Friday, and am trying to get things back
> up & running.  I was able to get all my old email over onto the new system
> (my old C drive is now a slave drive in my new system).  However, the
> contacts didn't come with it.
>
> How can I get the contacts over to the new instance of Outlook 2003?

0
vince8328 (2733)
3/22/2006 2:30:15 PM
I looked for a .pst file on the old drive, and then opened it & then
changed it to point to the new drive.

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> How did you move the mail? Can you open your old PST on the other hard drive
> using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the
> info you want from the old PST to the new one?
>
> "Blasting Cap" <goober@christian.net> wrote in message
>> I have Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP system.
>>
>> I had a motherboard failure last Friday, and am trying to get things back
>> up & running.  I was able to get all my old email over onto the new system
>> (my old C drive is now a slave drive in my new system).  However, the
>> contacts didn't come with it.
>>
>> How can I get the contacts over to the new instance of Outlook 2003?

0
goober (16)
3/22/2006 3:21:17 PM
I looked for a .pst file on the old drive, and then opened it & then
changed it to point to the new drive.

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> How did you move the mail? Can you open your old PST on the other hard drive
> using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the
> info you want from the old PST to the new one?
>
> "Blasting Cap" <goober@christian.net> wrote in message
>> I have Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP system.
>>
>> I had a motherboard failure last Friday, and am trying to get things back
>> up & running.  I was able to get all my old email over onto the new system
>> (my old C drive is now a slave drive in my new system).  However, the
>> contacts didn't come with it.
>>
>> How can I get the contacts over to the new instance of Outlook 2003?

0
goober (16)
3/22/2006 3:21:53 PM
Blasting Cap <goober@christian.net> wrote:

> I had a motherboard failure last Friday, and am trying to get things
> back up & running.  I was able to get all my old email over onto the
> new system (my old C drive is now a slave drive in my new system).
> However, the contacts didn't come with it.
>
> How can I get the contacts over to the new instance of Outlook 2003?

Since your old PST contains all your Outlook data - contacts, mail, tasks,
calendar, everything, what you state is impossible unless you transferred
your data incorrectly.  State EXACTLY what you did and we'll be able to tell
you how to fix it.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

VB question for 2 sheets
I am writing VB code for Sheet 2 and I need to get a value from sheet to use. How do I do this? I know I am being vague but I really do no know how to explain. I assume: Dim variable1 as string sub GetValue() Here is where I need to pick up a value from sheet 1 cell A3 an make equal to variable1 and do stuff to it end su -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27753 -- HTH RP (...

Converting a contact Database into mailing labels
Does anyone know how to convert and existing .xls database file into mailing labels without re-keying the information? Maybe this will help Jerard http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318117 HOW TO: Use Addresses from an Excel 2002 Worksheet to Create Labels in Word 2002 Also see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Jerard" <Jerardo3@optonline.net> wrote in message news:01f501c35144$46306ab0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to convert and existing .x...

file association problem (double clicking to launch uses 8.3 filename)
If I load a file into my program using File:Open there is no problem But if I doubleClick on a file so that Windows launches my program because of the association, the file loads OK but my program seems to use the old 8.3 file name and loses the rest of the long file name. for example a file called myVeryLongFileName.est is loaded as MyVery~1.est does anyone know why this should happen and how to fix it? Any help will be much appreciated Phil Perhaps the Parameter length is too short "Phil Cunningham" <EXPRESS@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> д����Ϣ news:#SE$MGvMFHA.3988@tk2msftng...

Jet Database Engine Questions
What is the lowest level I can use to access the Jet Database Engine? I know I can use ADO or DAO. Are there any COM objects that msjet40.dll exposes that I can use directly, or something else of that nature? I've been doing some speed testing using Access 2000 and was very impressed. I really like the data format, indexes, etc, that it uses. I haven't been able to get similar speed when using ADO or DAO, not the same speed I get when doing things via the Access GUI (like doing an update query of 100,000 records, it is so much faster from the Access GUI). But that isn't the on...

Performance question about my FTP client app!
Hi, It takes 1 minute and 850 ms for my FTP client(only upload) app(VC6) to upload 300 local files(size: 10kb) to a FTP server in our LAN.The FTP server is a Micosoft FTP Server of IIS. Now we need to improve the app performance to reduce the 1 minute and 850 ms to 1 minute or less. My app uses WININET api and WININET.DLL. I tried to call InternetSetOption() with INTERNET_OPTION_WRITE_BUFFER_SIZE flag to set the write buffer size to 8092. I want to know what the default write buffer size is and whether the app performance is better while the size is more. Thank you in advance. Dave D...

SSL Problem #3
I'm having a wierd issue with SSL. I've installed our Comodo SSL certificate and made sure it was correctly setup for the Default Website and Exchange. I've also made sure that authentication for Exchange is using SSL. However when I go to access OWA I get a 404 Page Not Found. The site works fine using basic authentication but for some reason it is not liking SSL. Any ideas? ...

Excel question #10
How can I set up a formula to h'light a complete row, if one entry meets a set criteria in excel? Not sure if above is possible, but basically I need to use a highlight funtion as a quick filter, so anyone netering spreadsheet can imediatley see the data they are looking for. I will be using letters instead of numbers also, so if the field is blank it will highlight complete row, if cell is populated, cell will unhighlight hi use 'Format -Conditional Format' for this. See: http://cpearson.com/excel/cformatting.htm >-----Original Message----- >How can I set up a formula ...

Another question about joins
Students: StudentID, CompanyID Companies: CompanyID, CompanyName ClassRegister: ClassRegisterID, StudentID, ClassID Classes: ClassID, InstructorID, LocationID, StatusID Instructors: InstructorID, InstructorName Locations: LocationID, LocationName Status: StatusID, StatusFlag Given the tables above (where there is a many to many relationship between Classes and Students handled by the ClassRegister table), I have been trying to write a query that will be used in a report with the following structure: Company -Location --Class: Instructor, Status ---Student I have tried a 100 different querie...

Roaming Profiles #3
Does any know if when using roaming profiles, can you limit those profiles to cerain machines on your LAN? Thanks ...

Custom LegacyExchangeDN #3
Does anybody know how to create Exchange mailboxes in Exchange 2003 mixed mode with a non default LegacyExchangeDN? By default it gets created as “o=Organization/ou=Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=userid” I would like it to be “/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Exchange/cn=employeeId”. This is so the ADC could replicate the mailbox in 5.5 following the same standard that we have been using for years and still have some dependency on the keeping the same hierarchy in 5.5. ...

Default Client #3
I have Outlook 2000 running on XP Pro. I have several user accounts and the administrator account. Everytime I open Outlook in a user account Outlook asks me if I want Outlook to be the default email client. Everytime I click "yes." But the setting is not applied because when I log off the account and then return I get the same question? How can I make Outlook the default client? Log on as an administrator to make this setting. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of th...

Questions!
Hi All, 1. I would like to create a footer as a table with formulas? 2. How can I create a footer for document (block at the end of the document) different from footer for pages? 3. I have a table with data and I don't know its hight. How can I position my footer at the end of the table (without spaces)? Thanks. -- The Best Regards, ..Net Developer Michael Tkachev m_tkachev@hotmail.com ...

Outlook shortcut bar #3
I am swapping out a PC for an end user. She has several folders in her shortcut bar. I copied over her *.fav folder which should contain the files and folders but the problem is on the old system I got the folder from the following location C:\documents and settings\username\application Data\microsoft When I went to her new computer to add it back in the C:\documents and settings\username does not contain a folder called application data\microsoft. I did a *.fav search to see if I could find where to put the new folder but there is no .fav file found at all. I even created a new ...

Newbie question on #include
Hi, What are the differences of #include a file with .h extention and the other without? e.g. #include <iostream.h> vs #include <iostream>. TIA Raymond Du wrote: >Hi, > >What are the differences of #include a file with .h extention and the other >without? e.g. #include <iostream.h> vs #include <iostream>. The traditional .h extension is not used for the Standard C++ headers in order to distinguish them from pre-standard headers, which provided similar but not identical functionality. In VC++, the <iostream.h> family of headers and the libraries ...

Forwarding a contact
Hello all I have been wondering about a strange problem I noticed while forwarding a contact to one of my email accounts. What I am doing is opening up my contact list and opening up one of my contacts. After updating or what ever I want to do, I then forward it to myself (home email) to keep that list up to date. When I do this I find I get the email but instead of being a contact it shows up as an attachment. If I open the attachment it will usually have some of the contact info in it. Trying to figure out what is going on I have tried a few tests. This is what I have found...

Outlook 2003 Managing Contacts
I am new to outlook, that is using it as a contact management tool, previously I've used ACT. My questions are: - I would like to see all emails and notes made to the contacts file in one place, it that possible? Now I have to scroll between the contacts file and the saved emails which is very cumbersome. - I would like the date to automatically appear in the contacts file when I make notes, is that possible? - In the contacts file there is lots of wasted space in the window. I need to see at a glance as many notes and emails as possible. Is there any way to reconfigure ...

Data Validation Problems/Questions
Hi everyone, I'm having some issues and I have some questions for data validation. First, I can't seem to get my warnings to work. They initially worked but all of a sudden it stopped and i can type whatever I want. didn't change anything, just added a bunch or rows full of information below the selected cells. Any idea what's going on? Second, I have three cells, B3, B4 and B5. I want it so that one mus enter info first in B3, then in B4 and then in B5, in subsequent order Also, if I delete B3, I want B4 and B5 to automatically clear as well Help?? Lastly, is there ...

exchange calendar #3
is there a way to automatically convert the exchange calendar or tasks, etc into HTM files that can be read by authorized users? thanks, Raul Calendar items can be saved as a web page via Outlook. On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:37:11 -0400, "Raul Rego" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote: >is there a way to automatically convert the exchange calendar or tasks, etc >into HTM files that can be read by authorized users? > >thanks, > >Raul > ...

SQL Server 2005 SP2 Cumulative Update 3 3186
Hello All, I'm about to apply SQL Server 2005 SP2 Cumulative Update 3 (build 3186) in our test environment. I'm curious to know if anyone has run into any issues with it and Dynamics GP 10. Thanks! Matt I should point out I'm doing this because this is the earliest sql 2005 build supported by PerformancePoint server (which I'm also about to install in test.) Thanks! "maatthias" wrote: > Hello All, > > I'm about to apply SQL Server 2005 SP2 Cumulative Update 3 (build 3186) in > our test environment. I'm curious to know if anyone has ru...

.NET Framework 3.0
OS: WinXP SP3 Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 - KB982524 it fails, the little yellow shield goes away.... but always comes back. I try again.... same thing it fails to install. Ideas??? Thanks for your time. -- JamesKB "JamesKB" <jameskb@jkbsystems.com> wrote in message news:eWFb#W$ELHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > OS: WinXP SP3 > > Every time I try to install .NET Framework 3.0 - KB982524 it fails, the > little yellow shield goes away.... but always comes back. I try again.... > same thing it fails to install. Ideas??...

Email tracking to non CRM contacts
Hi, If you manually select 'Track in CRM' from the toolbar on an email, and the sender and recipent are NOT in CRM, where does the email get stored in CRM? I've tested this and done an advanced find, and found the email that has been sent in CRM, but as the sender and recipient are not found in CRM, where is the email allocated...? Is it in a queue somewhere...? I can;t seem to see where it has gone but it is in CRM for sure. Thanks for any guidance. Nik Hi Nik, the email should appear in the user's personal queue - either In Progress or Assigned - I can't remember...

Sync. question for .pst file. #3
If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to my laptop. Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized. I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what types of files can and can't be Synchronized. Can anyone tell me where that setting is. It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely forgot. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. P.S. Running Win 2K and Office 2003. ...

Basic Questions for GP and MS Commerce
I'm totally new to this, and have been asked to do some design work for a company. Thought I might get some help here for understanding the environment: I have a client on SiteServer and Navision, seeking to migrate to MS Commerce Server integrated into their accounting system Great Plains, and they will be running all their commerce off their own servers, but I couldn�t tell that even with a T-1, if this setup were realistic for hosting their client companies� websites and commerce packages. He expects Great P to communicate automatically with their Os Commerce shopping cart system ...

DAO-ADO question
I have an mdb front end and back end. Will the same DAO code work if I link my mdb front end to a SQL Server, or do I have to make my code ADO-compliant as if I were converting my front end to an access project (i.e., ADP)? With that in mind, is "Forms!Formname.Form.RecordsetClone.RecordCount <> )" ADO compliant? Many thanks in advance. Hi Sirocco, As I understand it, a basic "upsizing" simply leaves you with linked tables connected to the SQL Server database rather than to the mdb back end, with little if any code changes required. On the other hand extensive ...

Really easy question
I know that this must be a very basic question but I just can't find the answer to it in excel help. When I am typing in a cell how can I force excel to start a new line without tabing the word to the end of the current cell. i.e. This is what I get Mr Jones 25 Freemount Street Potter Bar End and this is what I would like Mr Jones 25 Freemount Street Potter Bar End Apologies for the really silly question. Thank you rit...@hotmail.com wrote: > When I am typing in a cell how can I force excel to start a new line ALT+ENTER On 31 Oct 2005 22:21:24 -0800, "Bucky" <u...