Contacts Permissions Problem - some recs show version 10; others version 11

Hi-

I am running OL2003 on WinXP & 2k with Exchange 2k.

I have a large public folder of contacts. I can edit all of them. I
created a new user, gave her owner permissions on the folder, but she
cannot edit many of the contacts. When she opens them, they show as
<read only>.

Today I was researching this and I found something interesting - some
of the records show Outlook Version 10, and others show Outlook
Version 11. It turns out that the recs that are version 10 can be
edited by the new user, but those that are version 11 can only be
opened as read only. I tried to change the version number in some of
the recs but this field cannot be edited.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? This is killing me.

Thanks very much for the help.

Rick M.
0
rm27 (1)

Best way to deal with contacts and commercial opportunities
Sorry for the misleading title. We are using Exchange Server 2007 and Outlook 2003/2007. I'd like to create company's address book by using a Contact Public Folder, containing all our commercial contacts. I'd like these contacts to be assigned to different categories (geographical area, customer, product types of interest and so on) Any contact may potentially belong to more than one category. At the end I will need to send customized newsletters and promote marketing campaigns, depending on contact's categories. I was looking for Business Contact Manager, but I do...

Problem with Spam filter in OL2003
I'm having a problem with Spam filtering in OL2003. Under Junk email Options I have the level set to High and within International I have a number of TLDs set. All appears to be set correctly but when I receive email it all goes into my Inbox. I do have a Junk Email folder but it has a red crossed circle on it. Maybe this is normal but I'm not sure. Is there some other setting that I am unaware of which is needed to activate the spam blocking? Thanks Bob <bob1030@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm having a problem with Spam filtering in OL2003. Under Junk email &g...

Outlook connector, connection problems still annoying...
Hello, (my hope is that someone from MS read this, reported more than one time via feedback) I have one problem with the Outlook connector which is more than annoying. I have added 5 Hotmail accounts, and I have added Outlook 2007 to my Autostart folder. Unfortunately I have sometimes problems with my rouuter/ISP at windows startup, with the result that I get 5 message boxes which ask me for my Hotmail password. That's annoying. Peter It sounds like you need to delay outlook's start. There are utilities that can control the start order and add delays or you can use a batch file ...

How do I use line numbering but not have it show on print?
I do not want the line numbers to show in printed material. Meinert wrote: > I do not want the line numbers to show in printed material. Go into the Page Setup dialog and turn off line numbering before you print. If you want it, turn the numbering on again afterward. To automate this, install the following macros in your Normal template (see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed): Sub FilePrint() ' intercepts built-in File > Print or Ctrl+P ' and prints without line numbering Dim userLineNum As Boolean With ActiveDocument.PageS...

2007 lost contacts, folders and sent messages
i installed MS Small business yesterday along with Outllok 2007 i imported address book from outlook 6 i lost some of my contacts in 2007 and in 6 i lost some of my folders in 2007 and in 6 i lost about all of my messages in the sent folder 2007 & 6 What can i do to recover this information i notice that it seems everyone has had problems with this and because i have installed this down the road from the creation of this program - MSN should have given us an early warning - especially to insure we back up "dadspeed" <dadspeed@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:...

import contacts from a *.wab file
I upgraded to Windows 7 and saved my contacts in a *.WAB file. Is there a way to install these in Outlook? Thanks "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4A7E6A3-7B32-4C8A-9D6F-B48903F9073B@microsoft.com... >I upgraded to Windows 7 and saved my contacts in a *.WAB file. Is there a > way to install these in Outlook? > Thanks > > Try Googling: install .wab in outlook John Outlook does not use a WAB file and never has. There is no way you saved Outlook Contacts as a WAB file. Figure out which program you were actually using and ask...

Giving Access to Mailbox w/o Changing Permission on each folder?
Can I do something in exchange admin so that a user can see all the folders of another user without going through each folder and adding user to permission? Can I change the primary account to the other users once the old employee leaves? They have too many folders to go through each and do this. Thanks Q268754 "How to Assign Users or Groups Full Access to Other User Mailboxes" "B-Dog" wrote: > Can I do something in exchange admin so that a user can see all the folders > of another user without going through each folder and adding user to > permission? Can...

Password / Auto_Open Macro Problem :-(
Hi, I recently made this macro in excel: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.basic.visual.misc/browse_thread/thread/4224d7377faa09d3/e008d26c6bdad365 I then made an Auto_Open macro consisting of the line "call Highlighted_Text()" . My workbook has always had a password. Since opening the workbook with the Auto_Open macro, I am asked for my password as usual. But even though I am entering the correct password, I am told that it is wrong and to check if I have my SHIFT key turned off. I CAN'T ACCESS THE WORKBOOK!!!! I have tried pressing the SHIFT key different ways...

Fuel Consumption Problem
I need to build a worksheet that calculates MPG for a car whenever the tank is filled. The tank is not filled each time, but some times only a few gallons are put in. I need a formula that will do the maths only when the tank is filled. It would need to take into account the partial fillings in order to get the correct MPG. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Rusty Surely it is just sum of miles travelled divided by sum of gallons input? -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Rusty" <kenrussell@optus YOU...

Listbox contents do not show..
Hi (Access 2003..), I have an unbound listbox I use to get some info from a user (by merely selecting a row). The listbox, and its contents show properly. There's an "after update" event for this box where I gather and analysze some info, such as the row number and the content of various columns. So far so good. I've recently added some code that sometimes issues a warning message (based on circumstances). This is done as a msgbox with some verbage and which simply contains an OK button. The problem is that when the msgbox appears on the screen, the entire content...

How can I "undo" an entry on a form/subform while still entering data ? 11-18-07
Hi I posted this question a couple of days ago and got 1 response but couldn't read it. Hopefully someone will have and answer. I have a form/subform for entering invoice data. What can I do if I realize that I have already entered the invoice ? Example: I enter the main form data and enter 5 lines of detail on the subform and then I realize that I have already entered this invoice before ? I would love to have a button that I could click that "undoes" the entire entry. How can this be accomplished ? Thanks Mark <mthornblad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:81271...

Database problems
I am a computr Tech, I installed RMS for a friend and explained that they need to back it up every night, which i discovered has not been done. Now when I try to use store Ops, I get "login failed" If I go to Ops Admin, I can connect to the DB, but when I test the connection, it tells me "login failed" at one point i even get "the database has been marked suspect by recovery" I cannot ever use Operrations manager Help me PLEASE -- Terry Terry, Are you sure you are using the correct SQL SA password? How did you copy/install/place the database onto the com...

Page Preview/Print Problem
When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "margins do not fit page size" error. I have followed all the help instructions on formatting a worksheet to a single page, but nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions? What version of Excel and window are you using? "laura@basi-usa.com" wrote: > When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate > page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "...

M03 Imported Transaction Not Showing in Register
Hello, I downloaded transactions from my financial web site on four accounts. Two of the accounts I had no problems with; however, the other two accounts each show Transactions to read: 1 in the account list. When I go in to the account register there are no transactions pending to match. I have attempted to redownload the transactions from these account with no success. Is there any way to remove the imported transactions and re-attempt the import. I have not had this happen in the past and have looked through the forum and couldn't find a related post. Thanks, Jer In mi...

How to show child form with cannot access a dispose object error
Hi, I have child form attached to a parent form. It is declare in parent form. private frmChild child; I also have an event to show the form and activate it. if (this.child == null) { this.child = new frmChild(); this.child.MdiParent = this; } this.child.Show(); this.child.Activate(); No problem when called for the very first time to show the child form. Problem occurs when the child from is closed and the called again to show. "Cannot access a dispose object" error occurs on .Show() line. I do not want to just hide the child form. Can I completely d...

sync problems #3
I am having two problems synch 1. With MSN Money, will not sync data saying information is needed, but I can log on to site with no poblem and when I go to send a bill have no problem. 2. Sync with MSN Web keeps saying updates are temporarily unavaialbe (been a couple of months since I was able to do so). I own Microsoft Money 2006 (upgraded serveral times from earlier versions. Any suggestions? I have the same problem as do others on this site. I bet you installed the beta of IE 7 as I did. even though I uninstalled it the syncing does not work. John "BillB" <BillB...

MIDL Problem by creating TypeLib from IDL
Hi, I receive the following error message when I call the MIDL compiler to create a Typlib from an IDL File (translated from german): "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be found." The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. How can I solve this problem? Thanks Christian > "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be > found." > The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. Is mspdb60.dll in a location described in you PATH environment variable? It s...

SQL 2008, problem setting Identity Specification
Hi, I'm trying to set an IdentityColumn on a table. But I get the following error when I try that "Saving changes is not permitted. The changes you have made require the following tables to be created and re-created. You have either made changes to a table that can't be re-created or enabled the option Prevent saving changes that require table to be re-created." I have never seen this kind of error in pervious version of SQL. I am the db_owner on this database. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Such operation requires re-creation of the table and the ...

Project 2010 04-20-10
How can open a Project 2010 file in Project 2003? Hi BruceD975, hope you are well. Project 2010 provides backwards compatibility, it allows conversion of a schedule to 2007, 2003 and 2000 file formats. However there may be some loss of functionlity in the conversion. To achieve what you are after, if possible, have the 2010 schedule saved as a Project 2000-2003 file format (*.mpp), then it can be opened using Project 2003. To save the schedule in 2003 format from Project 2010: File-> Save As Change the Save As type: drop down list to Microsoft Project 2000 - 2003 (...

Permission Error in CRM Web based Application
hello. When I click tabs in Navigation Bar on the bottom of Microsoft CRM Web User Interface (v 1.2), usually I get the following error. line: 69 char: 4 Error: Permission Denied Code: 0 URL: http://crm/bar_bottom.aspx?startPage=Home This is not stopping me from working on CRM instead i can use menu bar GoTo --> Home (or other), meybe you can help me to solve this problem, wating for replay I found another post about this problem and the answer :) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870635 "Osvaldas T" wrote: > hello. When I click tabs in Navigat...

Pivot Tables 01-22-10

XP/Pub97 print problem
Looking for help last night I saw a question concerning using Publisher 97 on XP. Since the answer was yes, I have a different question. I used to print statements with publisher, and had a clip-art at the top. Now, since I upgraded to XP, the clip-art does not print. Late last night I found that if I save the file then reload it, I can print one copy. The second print operation drops the clip-art. As long as I reload the file first, I can print another copy. I feel this is a 'settings' problem, but can't find anything that seems to fit. I really don't know where to loo...

Large BLOB problem
Hi,I am using SQL Server 2000 as backend, where I store files, so i came to problem when I fill IMAGE (OLE Object) field with files larger tha 50 mb.Table is linked to access 97 application, i use DAO GetChunk and AppendChunk methods.Error (ODBC call failed) emerges when I call Update method of recordset object.I've run some tests with same table structure using access97 db as backend and everything works fine, files of 150 mb are 'uploaded' without problem.When I use SQL Server 2000 as backend , i can't insert more than 50mb into field.What is the problem?Cache between access...

MAPI Problem with Exchange 2000 and ARCServe Agent
My ARCServe BrightStore backup software will no longer perform a bricks-level backup (information store backup works fine). The bricks-level backup uses MAPI functions where the information store backup does not. The ARCServe tech support finally determined the problem is with my Exchange 2000 server and not their software. The only change I made to my network recently is I upgraded my Windows 2000 domain to a Windows 2003 domain using domainprep and forestprep because I wanted to upgrade only my domain controllers to Windows 2003. My Exchange 2000 server is sitting on a Windows 2000 Se...

show jpegs inexcel
I manage a online store. As we import product it changes the name of our reference JPG in our CSV to something different some of the product is up there with a caned image I need to weed those out. So my questions is there a way to have EXCEL show reference jpg in the file directly so I may delete reload or correct them. ...