Contacts not available as address book

I've just transferred my data files from a W98 PC to a
new stand-alone WXP PC (by temporarily installing the old
hard drive in the new PC and copying all the data files
over to a separate folder in the new hard drive).  I then
copied outlook.pst (all 212MB) to C:\Documents and
Settings\Maurice\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook (where it has transmogrified
itself down to 135MB).  The old version of Outlook was
2000, the new version is 2002.

Almost everything I have tried so far works fine, except
for the following problem.

When I try to use the address book, I get the following
message: 'The address list could not be displayed.  The
Contacts folder associated with this address list could
not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you
do not have permissions.  For information on how to
remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see
Microsoft Outlook Help.'  Surprise, surprise, Help
doesn't help!
I have set Contacts Properties to Show this folder as an
e-mail Address Book.

I can use the Contacts Folder in all other respects as
before!

You proably need to add the Outlook Address Book service to your
profile.  See if the information on the following page helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=287563

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"Maurice" <MauriceOGrady@eircom.net> wrote in message
> I've just transferred my data files from a W98 PC to a
> new stand-alone WXP PC (by temporarily installing the old
> hard drive in the new PC and copying all the data files
> over to a separate folder in the new hard drive).  I then
> copied outlook.pst (all 212MB) to C:\Documents and
> Settings\Maurice\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook (where it has transmogrified
> itself down to 135MB).  The old version of Outlook was
> 2000, the new version is 2002.
>

> Almost everything I have tried so far works fine, except
> for the following problem.
>
> When I try to use the address book, I get the following
> message: 'The address list could not be displayed.  The
> Contacts folder associated with this address list could
> not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you
> do not have permissions.  For information on how to
> remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see
> Microsoft Outlook Help.'  Surprise, surprise, Help
> doesn't help!
> I have set Contacts Properties to Show this folder as an
> e-mail Address Book.
>
> I can use the Contacts Folder in all other respects as
> before!

Dear Jocelyn:

Thank you so much for this simple steer: everything works
fine now.
I appreciate your quick response.  I apologize for my
tardy reply: I was on vacation.
Maurice

No problem...hope it was a good trip  :-)

--

> Dear Jocelyn:
>
> Thank you so much for this simple steer: everything works
> fine now.
> I appreciate your quick response.  I apologize for my
> tardy reply: I was on vacation.
> Maurice

"Free" ip address in asset database, not remove?
Win 7, access 2007 , tables: device and ip, relation (device.ipIP, foreign)one-to-one(ip.ID, primary) when I delete an device from device table using form it is also deleted from IP table. This should work such as the IP address remains to be used in other device . How to resolve this? If I change the relation there is no more validatation that one IP address is used once. I want to "free" ip number when I remove device from database so IP number is not deleted and can be used later. How to accomplish this? In relation the cascading is turned off - no help referential in...

Problem with Messages to Contact Objects in Distribuition Lists
Recently our sister company started complaining that they were not receiving some messages from our company. On our exchange 2003 server we have their mail address entered on our server as Contact Objects. When we select those Contact object names from the address book they get delivered fine. If we select a distribuition list that has Contact objects for the sister comapny as members they do not receive them, yet any local accounts in that same list do get delivered. I added my BellSouth as a Contact and added to the same list and sent a test and my BellSouth account got the message ...

Let's all contact MS Money Support
It probably won't help, but if we all contact MS Money support -- while it is still active -- and ask them to do what they can to get Microsoft to lift the activation code requirement, maybe it will have an affect. Of course, like someone else wrote, the ideal solution would be for MS Money to offer maintenance of the site at its current functionality for a yearly fee, without having to update the software, but if they won't do that, maybe, just maybe, we can get them to somehow lift the activation code so we can continue to use the program even when we buy new computers... At...

where to change 'From' address on exchange 2003 (small business server)
hello, I setup a sbs2003 and it's working fine, but I'd like to change the 'From' name that shows up when we send mail out. The mail address is fine, we just want to change the name part. where do I change that? Thanks, Oskar On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:15:12 -0600, pheonix1t <nothing@nothing.gone> wrote: >hello, >I setup a sbs2003 and it's working fine, but I'd like to change the >'From' name that shows up when we send mail out. The mail address is >fine, we just want to change the name part. >where do I change that? > >Thanks, &...

costumers contact in exchange 2003
Hi , I have 7000 contact address in excel file and i need to somehow import in exchange so that all my users (90) (outlook 2000 & 2003) can see this contact from there Outlook. I found here that you are talking about public folder, GAL, contact in AD. So what will be best way to do this ? Can public folder work with this number of contact ? Exchange is completely new for me and I knowledge is very basic , we was using some third part e-mail server for last 5 years, so no experience with exchange. Thanks Badjo If you just want that your users can see these 7000 contacts by GAL (w...

HELP
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to avoid this happening? I am very new to Mac, so use small words... Thanks for any guidance. -Mark On 2010-03-05 04:37:09 +0000, Mark C. Rossi said: > Does anyone have any recommendations on how to avoid this happening? I am > very new to Mac, so use small words... > Thanks for any guidance. > -Mark Unfortunately, SyncServices is almost totally borked in Entourage. Things can be improved by allowing a one way sync only - from Entourage to Address book, but even that is fraught with problems. Let's hope th...

Namespace.CurrentUser.Address returns unknown
Under which conditions can this occur? Some users are reporting this value when I query their environment. What is the Outlook version? What services do they have in the profile (PST, POP3/SMTP), etc? -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO and MAPI Developer Tool - "ChrisC" <ChrisC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50599650-B444-439A-B200-E8A8E19083C1@microsoft.com... > Under which conditions can this occur? Some users are reporting this value > when I query their environment. ...

SBS 2008 Receive Connectors IP Addresses
We're in migration mode now from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008 - everything has gone fine until now. I have ran the Internet Address Wizard and didnt receive any errors and I have move my mailbox over to the exchange 2007. Internal email is fine, I can send outbound as well, but I can not receive inbound. They are stuck in the 2003 queue. I checked the Windows SBS Internet Receive connectors and the IP address was not any within my network. I checked the Default connector and it included my internal ip's. So, what should the Default and Internet IP address ranges be for each conne...

Please Consult Before Posting: Unofficial FAQ Available
An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney. It was last updated Friday, September 26, 2003. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consider appropriate. It is *highly likely* the issue you want help with has been discussed b...

A Macro to Print sheets in mult w.books
Hi there, can anyone help me with the codes to get a macro to print local wbook sheets along with the several sheets in other workbooks? I was able to record a macro to print worksheets in the local workbook, but how do i make the same macro to print the worksheets in three more different workbooks with multiple worksheets in them? Thanks in advance? Hi all, can i post the question on the Excel General Questions forum? "Gladiator" wrote: > Hi there, can anyone help me with the codes to get a macro to print local > wbook sheets along with the several sheets in ...

Removing Extra Contact Stores
Hi all, Due to a messy address book import, my copy of Outlook has 3 contact stores, only 1 of which has any data in. (the only place I can find the contact stores visible is from the 'Select Names' panel where it says Show names from the: [Combo Box] [Contacts] [Contacts] [Contacts] <---My Contacts I have to select the correct store every email. How may I remove the two blank contact stores without uninstalling the whole application pls. many thanks in advance xool --- Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.491 / Virus Database: 290 - Re...

Importing Contacts to an OU in AD
Help... I have 3000 contacts , in an Excel spreadsheet, I need to add to one OU in a 2K3 AD. Can this be done easily...? Thanks for your help...! Yes - you simply need to specify the target OU in the contact's LDAP name. Specifically, the Distinguished Name (DN) attribute. What format are the contacts in your Excel spreadsheet right now? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327620 shows you the minimum fields that are required for contacts. If you want to specify an e-mail address, you can also include that. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz....

External Emal Addresses
I have Exchange 2003 and I need to create an email address and populate it with 100+ external email addresses. What is the best way to accomplish this task? Do you mean create a mailbox/user account and populated it with 100+ external email addresses? - ldifde/csvde - script Populate the proxyAddresses attribute with additional email addresses. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A4F0C53-9ADC-4993-AB92-AD779E305834@microsoft.com... >I...

school yearbook or memory book
Does anyone have a template or an idea that I can use to make an Elementary school year book / memory book? Use the catalog merge. It makes great directories. You can even merge pictures. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx Or there are catalog templates built into most Publisher versions. Might be an answer for you. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54F84403-D832-4629-B862-B38FD55A2F6C@microsoft....

Contacts #3
Hi, In Exch 5.5, I can put SMTP contacts under "categories" for Outlook clients. E.g., Company ABC * user1@abc.com * user2@abc.com Company XYZ * user1@xyz.com * user2@xyz.com But in Exch 2003, all contacts seems to be collapsed under Global Contacts. Is there a way I can get the old behavior again? Regards, Norman Zhang ...

How do I synchornize all e-mail, contacts, settings, etc. in Outlook 2000?
How do I synchornize all e-mail, contacts, settings, etc. in Outlook 2000? I have Outlook 2000 running on two Windows XP computers. I would like to keep all my Outlook 2000 e-mail, contacts, calendar, notes, journals, etc. synchronized between both computers. I would like find out what I need to backup and restore between these two computers to keep them current. Thanks. Hi Mark, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...

Address Finder function doesn't work
Address Finder function, in Outlook, doesn't work correctly. Instead of taking me, via IE's browser, to Microsoft's Map website I find myself at the Homepage for Microsoft's Office products. How do I fix this to get it to go back to where it used to? ...

Excel 2003 and Labels (NOT Address Labels)
Okay, this is insanse. Have a spreadsheet where I input data into one cell, a calculation based on that data is run via vb macro, and then a single column of data with 80 rows is generated. CellA1 CellA2 .... CellA80 I need two things: One: I need all 80 results printed onto Avery 5267 format sheets of Labels. I will need four copies of each label, and I need the sheet to print EXACTLY like this (not allowed to vary on this): CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA1 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 CellA2 etc ... Two: I would like to NOT use Word. I've tried formatting the cel...

Addresses
Can anyone explain how the additional addresses on the Account and Contact forms interact with the Address1 and Address2 on the main form? Coming from a GP mentality, I would expect the 'main' address to be easily switched from the other addresses. What role do the additional addresses play with CRM (specifically 4.0), and, if it is as limited as it looks, has anyone done anything to extend the capabilities? Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_84209C48 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi cindy, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support...

Address book from Outlook 2000 to 2007
Before I purchase Office 2007, I would like to insure that the conacts in my Outlook 2000 will automatically move to Office 2007. Do they? The data file in Outlook 2000 is perfectly compatible with Outlook 2007. However, the only way they would move "automatically" is if you were to attempt an in place upgrade of Outlook, which is not recommended when you are skipping several versions. It doesn't even work well if you're upgrading just one version. You would be far better off backing up your current Outlook data file, installing Office 2007 clean, then using your prev...

Filter for anyone not in my address book
Outlook 2002 How can i create a filter to send email from anyone NOT in my address book to the trash? I can do this in OE6. -- Replace TWO with 2 to reply ...

serialize address ID for customers
We would like our address ids to be automatically allotted sequentially starting 10001. We do not have VBA. Can this be done straight through sql? Sincerely, James No, you would have to use Dexterity or vba to do this as there isn't anything in GP that "defaults" address id's. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "james" <james@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEB00187-F74E-492A-BC4E-643F9091840F@microsoft.com... > We would like our address ids to be auto...

IMAP address on exchange sever

Outlook Address Book and Contacts Folder Confusion
The Office help says that Outlook Address Book and the Contacts folder are the same and when I update the Contacts folder, the Outlook Address Book folder is also updated automatically. But if I do this: 1.Open Word (member of Microsoft Office 2002 Professional with FrontPage version 10.2627.2625). 2.Choose Tools -> Letters and Mailings -> Envelopes and Labels. 3.In the dialog box, click the "Insert Address" icon next to the "Delivery Address" label. 4.Choose "Outlook" profile (if using this option for the first time) and click OK. The Drop-Down...

can't display address properties
our envirnment is exchange2k3 sp2 and outlook2k3. In outlook,open a message,double click local domain sender/recipient, we can't get address properties,if we double click external domain sender,it's no problem. how do i setup it in exchange server that we can get local domain sender address information? thanks jack ...