Contacts Folder associated with this address list could not be opened

When I am sending a email and try to select a contact to send to, it
gives me this message

The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder
associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have
been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions.

I know it has not been deleted because when i go to the contacts
portion of outlook they are all there...

Please help

Thanks

0
snoop2143 (2)

You simply need to configure your Outlook Address Book. The method varies
for each version. You did not post your version. Look up the instructions
for your version in the KB.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"snoop" <snoop@tdp.com> wrote in message
> When I am sending a email and try to select a contact to send to, it
> gives me this message
>
> The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder
> associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have
> been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions.
>
> I know it has not been deleted because when i go to the contacts
> portion of outlook they are all there...
>
> Please help
>
> Thanks

0
russval1 (2100)

How do I create a list of sequential times?
I need to create a list of start times for groups in a competition. The first group goes on at 3:00pm. The next group goes on 8 minutes later, the next 8 minutes after that, and so on. It seems this should be a simple formula but I can't figure it out! Thanks for any help! Susan In cell A2 place 3:00:00 PM In cell A3 place 3:08:00 PM Highlight A2:A3, autofill down the sheet for about 25-30 rows (with A2:A3 hightlighted autofill by placing the mouse in the lower right corner & dragging down). HTH, -- Data Hog "Scarlin3" wrote: > I need to ...

Can't Open Canlendar or Contacts
Office Pro XP (2002) was just installed. We are trying to open Outlook to access its Calendar & Contacts applications. We DO NOT want Outlook to be our default email location (Outlook Express has been selected). When we click on the Outlook icon (or open from the Programs folder), we get the message: "Unable to open default email system. Try again." When we "try again," we get the message: "Would you like to open default File System folder?" When answering "yes," the "My Computer" files open in Outlook. At the same time, we get th...

Insert copied row into a list
In Excel 2003, I can insert a row into a list by inserting a row into the spreadsheet. That is, I can right-click along the row numbers along the left, then insert a row. However, if I try to insert a copied a spreadsheet row, I get the message that I am trying to shift cells down within the list. That is, I select a row by clicking the row number on the left, press ctrl- C, then right-click another row on its row number at the left, and choose insert copied row (or maybe insert pasted row -- I'm don't have access to Excel at the moment to verify). Inserting a copied/pasted row doe...

cant open my saved documents
I cant seem to open my saved documents! I know they are still there cause when i go to save us they all come up in my folder but when i try to open them my folder is empty? please help!! From the file > open dialog. Change the type of files to 'All Files'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

Opening Attachments 02-02-10
Using Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 on a brand-new computer. Each time I want to open an attachment, it has a box asking if I want to be asked (obviously so a harmful document is not opened). The box "do not ask me this question again" already has a checkmark in it, but it is lightened in color and nothing that I can choose. How do I ensure that I can open documents without being asked this question each and every time I try to open an attachment? Thanks for any help you can give me. Check your other post for answers -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the...

Can't open account.
Why won't my Mac 10.4.11 using safari as browser open my account? Safari version 3.0.4 Inasmuch as this Newsgroup is dedicated to the software program, MS Access, you're not likely to get any answers here to Safari or Mac problems. Try posting into a newsgroup which supports, Mac, and/or Safari. Also, you wuld probably get a better answer if you specify WHICH account you are trying unsuccessfully to open. Best of luck. "sebe" <sebe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577461D2-FF7F-425F-8F23-BBBFC3F819F6@microsoft.com... > > Why won't my...

How do I change the %age view SETTING when opening files ?
When opening files/pages in Publisher 3000, how do I reset the settings (%ages on toolbar) so the pages open in the 100%, 150% or 200% as required ? The pages appear to open always in the 50% or 65% mode and I wish to automatically open in the 100% mode. Thanks. NFGLTD <NFGLTD@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When opening files/pages in Publisher 3000, how do I reset the > settings (%ages on toolbar) so the pages open in the 100%, 150% or > 200% as required ? > > The pages appear to open always in the 50% or 65% mode and I wish to > aut...

Badmail folder #2
Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with outlook and they mail messages are just empty, I have even tried renaming to .eml. There are three different extension, which one should I be looking at for email incomming to a bad address, thank you You should be able to open these files in Notepad and check the email header Regards. Philip wrote: > Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email > in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with > outlook and they mail messages are just e...

Adding SMTP addresses to multiple users
Is there a way to add a new smtp address to a group of existing users (2000+) in an Exchange Organization / Active Directory Domain? Thanks. Why not create a Recipient Policy? Alternatively, check out admodify.net. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE17E582-AA51-4FE1-859E-89CD6668770C@microsoft.com... > Is there a...

Outlook hanging -> Public Folders
Hey guys I've got an issue with a single user on XP & outlook 2000. We have a single public folder that everyone has access to and this particular user when clicking on the folder, outlook just hangs. I have deleted the profile and re-created, re-installed outlook and upgraded to outlook 2003 but with all the same issue. It was fine until last week (I haven't made any changes either) Has anyone else experienced this? I would check the permissions on the public folder, using either ESM or PFDAVadmin. Perhaps refresh them, or you may be able to identify the problem. Nikki Pete...

Outlook Address Book
We recently acquired another company and went through a fairly messy migration. All clients of the newly acquired company are now connecting to our Exchange server and email flow is fine (Outlook profiles point to our server, etc). Their old Exchange server is still up and spinning. When it is shutdown some of the new clients have problems opening Outlook. I was able to trace it down to the Outlook Address Book still pointing to their old server. It's like OL will attempt to locate the address book on their old server for several minutes before giving up. Outlook will then ope...

[2007/ToDo List] Add-in to create sub-tasks?
Hello ince Outlook is basically what everyone uses to sync a BlackBerry with Windows, I'm stuck with using it. However, I need to divide tasks into sub-tasks, and sometimes/often set some start and/or due date to an task. This is what the MS Outlook 2007 ToDo List UI looks like: http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/nexus/outlook2007/images/tasks.png This is what the ToDoList from AbstractSpoon looks like: http://www.shafqatahmed.com/WindowsLiveWriter/MainScreen2.png Do you know of an add-in so that Outlook support this poor-man alternative to MS Project? Thank you. "Gilles Ganault"...

Distribution Lists #6
I've set the "allow only from Authenticated users" setting on the distribution lists on our Exchange 2003 server. (which co-exists with Exchange 5.5) Perhaps, I don't understand what authenticated user means, but if I send from a hotmail, or some other outside account to the distribution list, I am able to. Should this setting keep all external email users from sending to distribution lists on our internal network and only allow authenticated exchange users the ability to send to DLs? Our exchange server is behind an SMTP gateway, so all mail is routed by the gate...

Why with Excel Xp takes too much time to open and in 2003 fast?
I have 2 computers, in one I have Excel XP (2002) and in the other I have Excel 2003, I've been receiving files wich I need to check with my Excel XP, the problem is that it takes too much time to open, and when I try to open it with Excel 2003 it open normaly (fast). What can I do? Urgent, please I will thank you to send answer : eguevara2000@hotmail.com Thanks ________________________ Tengo 2 computadoras, una con Excel Xp (2002) y la otra con 2003, he recibido archivos pero con Excel XP tarda mucho tiempo en abrir los archivos, mientras que en 2003 lo hace normal (rapido), a ...

IMF and "Safe Senders List"
Is it true that if a user has a recipient in their safe sender list that it will bypass the IMF? It will place this email in the inbox. We are only using the "store junk email" of the IMF. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Hello Eric, > Is it true that if a user has a recipient in their safe sender list > that it will bypass the IMF? It will place this email in the inbox. > We are only using the "store junk email" of the IMF. Below link contains information on how this works: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/IMFDeploy/dbb...

CRM4 CU8 Delete Failed Bulk Email notice in System Job list
Standard CRM 4 install. I have been cleaning the Systems Jobs list and discovered that there are a lot of entries for Failed Bulk Email send. I cannot remove the entries it throws an error and suggests I ask Microsoft. I can remove the successful Bulk sends. Any hints on how to clear out the failed Email bulk send reports? Robert ...

Multi choice list box and two ALL selection
Hello. I have a pop-up form that has 2 list boxes. I want to do 3 things. On the list boxes, I want to make them multi-choice list boxes. Second, I want to make a selection of "all" for both list boxes. And last, I would like to have the text boxes default to the all selection, if possible, until another selection is made. The list boxes are: CarList EventList They are populated by tables - Automobiles - Car Table and Automobiles - Action Taken Table, respectively. Finally, they run through query called AutomobileSearch. Thanks for the help. To make your list multi-select, ...

opening pdf attachment
When getting an email with a pdf attachment, it does not open as a pdf, it only shows a bunch of characters. PDF's do open when they are not sent through an email. ...

Comparing 2 Lists
Lets say that I have a Sales Forecast list with Customer Name and Sale Status columns. The number of registries in this list changes every da (some new sales opportunities are created and some are deleted). Questions are: 1) How can I create a report to compare two days in order to know whic registries have been added and/or deleted? 2) If I want to know if a Sales Status have changed from one day t another, what is the best way to do it? Tks!! -- inomat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- inomata's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Maximum users in Outlook Distribution List?
Hi, We're running Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook 2003 client. One user only has about 100 contacts in a distribution list he created in his contacts in Outlook locally, and now when he tries to add more users he gets the following message: "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server. The new member could not be added." I have not set any distribution list limits anywhere that I'm aware of. Did I miss something? Is there an inherent limit to the number of users you can put in a local DL in Outlook 2003? I couldn't find any ...

Can't remove items from Outlook Favorites list...
Hi there, I am posting this message as a last resort after much searching for a solution to this. I am hoping someone will have an answer to this odd problem In Outlook 2003 there is a FAVORITES panel. This panel (for some odd reason) can not be hidden. I do actually use it so that's okay. But the challenge I have is that it will not let me remove items from this panel. The other day it started showing the inbox of each of my http email accounts in the favs panel and I don't want these there. There are also a few other folders that I added there which I wish to remove. BUT the remove o...

Open and Close external window
I am trying to open a help window, keep a handle on the window, so I can navigate to certain topics, then close it again later. I have the following code sitting behind a menu option: if (!m_wndHelp) { m_wndHelp = ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), cHelpFile, HH_DISPLAY_TOC , NULL); } else { if (IsWindow(m_wndHelp)) // make sure window is still valid { BOOL answer = ::DestroyWindow(m_wndHelp); DWORD words = GetLastError(); ::CloseWindow(m_wndHelp); m_wndHelp = NULL; } } The help window opens just fine, but the DestroyWindow call returns error code 5 - access denied. Is there an easier ...

Opportunity
Hi, In my company, a Contact is selected as Parent Costumer for opportunities because we sell to persons in organizations (Accounts). So, I can see this opportunities in the sale's account tab where the contacts belongs. In real life, the people changes of companies (accounts), so in CRM the parent account for this contacts is updated with the information of other accounts. The problem when I made this change, is that all the opportunities appears in the sale's tab for the new related account, disappearing from the old account where originally the opportunity was submitted. How ca...

Lost drafts folder
Hi everyone, I have recently upgraded one of the PCs on my network from Win98 running Outlook 2000 through Exchange server 5.5, to WinXP running Outlook XP through Exchange 5.5. Everything seemed to copy over fine except the user's drafts folder has disappeared. Does anybody know where this may be residing on the server or if there is any way of regaining some sort of access to the email drafts stored in there? Any information at all will be greatly appreciated Thank-you in advance Varddsy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip....

OL2002 Folder refresh problem
Hi all, I already posted this request, now I try to be more specific. I've 2 pc with MSOffice 2002 sp2 (I done Office Update). Here, when new mail arrives in inbox, I don't see "New mail message" alert until I click somewhere in OL folder treeview. As the same, if I send a mail, I see my message in Outbox even if mail is already delivered. When I click somewhere in treeview my mail goes in "Sent items". Note: Mail server has MSExchange 2000 sp3. Clients with OL2000 or OL2002 SP1 have no problems. -- Giulio Searching and searching and searching... I found s...