Contacts/Address book

Hi all,
I have decided to try out 'outlook', Have been using outlook express.I have
imported my address book to the Contact folder OK but when I try to send a
Email and find a address I get a notice saying ' Can't contact LDAP
directory Server (81)'. Have been to help ....no help. I'm running Win XP
Home. Can someone help.
Thanks Mike

0
mikegell (5)

If you're using Outlook 2003, choose Tools | E-mail Accounts and either =
remove or change the settings for the LDAP address book that is =
apparently part of your profile.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Mike & Pam Gellert" <mikegell@tpg.com.au> wrote in message =
> Hi all,
> I have decided to try out 'outlook', Have been using outlook express.I =
have=20
> imported my address book to the Contact folder OK but when I try to =
send a=20
> Email and find a address I get a notice saying ' Can't contact LDAP=20
> directory Server (81)'. Have been to help ....no help. I'm running Win =
XP=20
> Home. Can someone help.
> Thanks Mike
>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
8/20/2006 11:46:41 AM
You can remove the LDAP address book by starting Outlook and selecting Tools
 > Email Accounts > View/Change existing directories and address books.
Highlight the LDAP address book and select remove.

"Mike & Pam Gellert" <mikegell@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have decided to try out 'outlook', Have been using outlook express.I
> have imported my address book to the Contact folder OK but when I try to
> send a Email and find a address I get a notice saying ' Can't contact LDAP
> directory Server (81)'. Have been to help ....no help. I'm running Win XP
> Home. Can someone help.
> Thanks Mike

0
neo7948 (622)

Excel /vba / computer IP address
I need urgent help. How can I protect an excel file to a specific computer using VBA? (A excel file that can only be open or used in a specific computer) I was thinking in using the computer IP address, does somebody knows how can I get the computer IP, using visual basic in a excel worksheet? I would really appreciate you help Thanks (My email fcarvalho@portugalmail.com) -- jolipe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jolipe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

I have to find the sender's email address
I have to find the sender's email address. But oMsg.SenderName -- > Sender Name returns the name. How can I find the email address? Thanks. oMsg.SenderEmailAddress -- Remember, the object browser (F2 in VBA) is your friend. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "win" <wintelreport@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5992e67c-6655-4638-bf58-6ca1d60a52a4@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I have to find the sen...

Can't Access Contacts
When I click on contacts they are there but when I click on "TO" when sending an email the error message is: The address list could not be displayed. Anyone, please? Pat -- Pat Geddes "Pat Geddes" <Pat.Geddes.5a8bfb3@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Pat.Geddes.5a8bfb3@outlookbanter.com... > > When I click on contacts they are there but when I click on "TO" when > sending an email the error message is: The address list could not be > displayed. Anyone, please? > Asked and answered here HUNDREDS of times...

Permissions in AD for ADD/Change/Modify smtp proxy addresses
I have an Accounts Operator group that no longer can add or modify the SMTP Proxy email addresses in user properties. Don't know what happen, but could someone please tell me what specific permissions I need to give them to be able to add/change these addresses in user properties?? Thanks, Dana ...

Outlook 2003 Global Address List
Hi, I have a couple of issues with the Outlook 2003 Global Address List: Firstly, the list appears not to be 'Global' as it appears to be different on some PCs to that listed in Exchange 2003 on the server. It may or may not be part of the same problem, but there doesn't seem to be any roll-out of changes either. Secondly, I've managed to add one new user to an 'all users' mailgroup, but unlike previous occasions, I haven't been able to add this user to the Exchange 2003 Address List. Please help! Thankyou very much. Keith Is Outlook 2003 configured for ...

Elimating original senders email address when forwarding email
When Using outlook XP is there an option to ensure when forwarding an email it does not send the original senders email address? Wnhe forwarding a message I want everything except the original senders email address to be sent to the person I am forwarding the email to. Any help would be appreciated ...

'Over-synchronising' CRM contacts to Outlook
I am the Administrator for around 130 users of CRM. Many of our users deal with the same contacts in CRM (eg; 1 contact record can have multiple contacts within our department). To show this in CRM, we have created a customized entity (linked to a contact) which allows multiple "owners/contacts" of a record. We have also modified the System View of My Contacts to show contact records which have a Business Contact of the current user. (eg; if you assign yourself via the customized entity which is linked to the contact, the contact details are listed on the My Contacts view)....

Hiding Personal Employee Information in Address Book
First off the environment is Exchange 2003 SP1 with Active Directory 2003. Basically... our HR department was granted limited access to AD to fill in user information (Home address, telephone, etc...) and I then modified the default user ACL so that any member of "Group X" in AD was denied access to seeing the above personal information. This worked on the Global Address List as well.... But now there's a problem. We've been setting up users in Cached Mode, and those users are able to see everything. I believe this has to do with the fact that Exchange is generating t...

contact shortcut / Do you trust this embedded object? / 2003
When I double-click a Contact shortcut in the note area of an Appointment or Contact a yes/no dialog opens with the question, "Do you trust this embedded object?". There is no check box to turn this message off. Even if you answer yes, it comes up again the next time you double-click the shortcut. It does not happen if the contact is attached. I just upgraded from 2000 to 2003. This did not happend in 2000. How do I turn of this message? I don't need to be warned about contacts I have created. Are you using a custom form? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all re...

Annotation Import Not Associating with Account or Contact
When I import data into CRM from the cdf database my Accounts, Accounts_ext, and Contacts import correctly, the Annotation (Notes) import but are not associating with the Account or Contact. For the Object ID, I'm using the same Account ID or Contact ID that I use when importing the Accounts and Contacts. I noticed when I go through the Cleanse Data section of the Data Migration Wizard, I'm not prompted to associate the ObjectTypeCodeName Account or Contact....I'm not sure if this is the actual problem or not. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Remove Email address header
I have late versions of MS Office at home and at work. The I.T. dept. at work regularly updates versions and works in the background to keep us functional and up to date. I email spreadsheets back and forth from home to work. Recently when opening a spreadsheet at work that had been created at home, a large email addressing header appeared at the top of the sheet. It takes up about 1/3 of the window. After being unable to see a control to remove it, I spent about 10 minutes searching through the help files looking for a way to get rid of it and get back to the original Excel configuration...

address book importing from hotmail
Is it possible to import my Hot mail address book into my Outlook 2002 mail client and if so how would that be acomplished? ...

Global Address List Missing (Sometimes)
Ok, I am going to try and be as detailed as possible, but this is my second day on the job here. Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2, both are updated. The server is on site with the DC. Primary is a Win2k server and the backup is a Win2k3 server. The problem is that when clients are using Outlook 2003 or 2000, sometimes the GAL will not appear, resulting in them not being able to send internal corporate emails, unless of course they type out the full email address. But the problem seems to fluctuate, sometimes the GAL is listed and other times it is not, even within the same Outlo...

2003 rule doesn't recognize contacts
New computer made me have to do new installation. I was successful in opening my outlook.pst that I copied from old computer. I see my mail including all my folders, and I see my contacts. The rules didn't transfer which I kinda understand. However, when trying to make new rules, I'm running into a problem. I did a right click on a messsage in my inbox from abc123@domain.com and chose to make a rule. I make the rule to move messages from abc123@domain.com to a specific folder, and then run it. But the messages don't move. When I go to edit the rule, I get to a point that says "...

User Defined fields should be accessible from shipping address
The current relationship does not allow for the customer to use the user defined fields from the ship to address. The reason for GP not pulling the information for the shipping address in the Customer Address Master File (RM00102) is because it is already pulling the information in the Sales Transaction Work tables (SOP10100). Unlike the billing information, the shipping address can already be seen in the SOP10100 table and this is why the table relationship between the RM00102 and SOP10100 tables is based on the Bill to Address. There should be an additional relationship so you can p...

Contacts not receiving attachments
I have notice that when I send an email from outlook and track it in crm, the recipient will not receive the attachment. When I turn off tracking in crm the attachment is received on the recipients side. Does any one have any ideas? This sounds very odd, I have never seen this before. What types of attachments are you using (extension type)? -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C277DD2-7C69-4695-B174-5984C57AA054@microsoft.com... >I have not...

Address Book 6.00... missing contacts
Hi, In an attempt to fix a slow booting profile, I changed my users name and copied all his Documents and Settings folders. Everything is running fine except that now his Address Book doesn't contain any of his contacts. Can anyone tell me where to look for that data? To my knowledge, I have not deleted any files so it should still be somewhere. A search for *.wab returns nothing. Thanks for any advice! b This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: ...

Global Address List Members in Excel Spreadsheet
Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! Indirectly check out http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm for a method "Wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c4201c3daa3$e8b36060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way for me to transfer the members of a global > address list to an Excel spreadsheet? Thanks! ...

FRx Book Code/Attribute Category
In the Column Headings should be able to use a code that picks up the Book Code so one knows what Budget ID the column refers to. This is because it is hardcoded into the report and someone may have changed in Designer and another user may be unaware that the Budget info displayed relates to a prior year etc. Or another alternative would be to specify the Budget ID at run time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If ...

An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system ad
I just migrated our system from Goldmine to MsCRM. One problem is I can view activity details. When I select an activity item and double-click it, a dialog appeared and the error message is : "An error has occurred. For more information,contact your system administrator". If I manually create an activity, then I can open it correctly. I go to the CRM server and find an event: ========================== Source: Microsoft CRM Category:None User: N/A Error Message : An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for ...

Moving Offline Address Book and Free Busy
Can you tell me how I go about moving my offline address book from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 and the Free Busy so I can dismount my old store. I have 2 servers right now. Thank you Norm: Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931. Make sure you follow those steps, otherwise you will have many problems that will be pretty much impossible to fix without a full reinstallation of Exchange and maybe even AD. Regards, Martin MCSA: M "Norman Rosenthal" <norman@nospam.com&g...

faxes from global address book? #2
using outlook 2002. i can send a fax to a contact in my personal address book because it comes up with the various options in the list like user (email), user (business fax), user (blah blah) etc etc... but when i want to do this from the global address book the options are not there (even though there is an entry for fax number in the global address book) also if i try and add the global contact to my personal address book, the fax number field is blank.. any thoughts>? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usen...

Outlook chaning email address
I have had my email address changed from a comcast account to personal folders. I have no idea how this happens. I lose my email account and have to do a system restore to bring my computer back to a point in time when my email accounts are present. Once a 'personal folder' shows up as an email account, I can't add a new email account and make it the default-it won't let me. When I try and go to "accounts" in a "send" message, I get a "fatal Outlook error". Any idea how this happens? You'll have to provide more information, such as you...

Drop Down Menu AutoPopulate Contact Info?
I have a template for filling out quotes and I was looking to create a drop down menu with all of the names of customers that I regularly send out quotes to (it's about 20 people). I have figured out how to make a drop down list with a bunch of names but I would like it so that when I select a name from the drop down menu, the customers contact info pops up on the quote under the name. Is this even possible? Thanks! Use VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/left-lookup.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley ...

Populate other addresses from main address
Is there a way to make CRM populate the main address on an account to the secondary and contact addresses? -- TC Hi TC, If we have understood your requirement correctly, you would want the address entered on the account to be automatically copied to the contacts added to the account. If the above is true, if you add the contact from the left navigation option from the Account form, the address does get copied to the contact also it sets the parent customer as the account. HTH Thanks! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-...