Contacts & Address Book #2

My address book only shows about 9 contacts.  I have more than 100 contacts,
& I don't know why only these 9 are showing.  It seems random.  I've tried
Contacts>Properties>Outlook Address Book, which was enabled.  I disabled,
then reenabled it but got the same results.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

You haven't told us anything that would permit us to troubleshoot.
Read how to configure the Address Book:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Headshrinker" <Headshrinker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My address book only shows about 9 contacts.  I have more than 100
> contacts,
> & I don't know why only these 9 are showing.  It seems random.  I've tried
> Contacts>Properties>Outlook Address Book, which was enabled.  I disabled,
> then reenabled it but got the same results.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

0
russval (3097)
2/27/2005 11:52:59 AM
Actually, this helped very much.  Thanks!

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> You haven't told us anything that would permit us to troubleshoot.
> Read how to configure the Address Book:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002
>
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Headshrinker" <Headshrinker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My address book only shows about 9 contacts.  I have more than 100
> > contacts,
> > & I don't know why only these 9 are showing.  It seems random.  I've tried
> > Contacts>Properties>Outlook Address Book, which was enabled.  I disabled,
> > then reenabled it but got the same results.  Any help would be greatly
> > appreciated.

Money2002 #2
I have been using Money2002 quite uneventfully for several years. When I tried to sign-in today it wold not accept my password. It keeps prompting for my sign-in name and password neither of which has been changed since the beginning. I have tried clicking the "Forgot you password" option but that does nothing. The sign-in screen is the "Microsoft Passport Sign-in" screen. I did try recently to enroll to try-out the new Microsoft Beta Office but found the process with Password too confusing and gave up in the process. Could I have in some way unintentionally fouled ...

help!! #2
Hi. can anyone help me solve this formula on excel.. =IF(PlanA=0,PlanB,PlanD) Thanks -- reddie12345 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ reddie12345's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28500 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480997 see solution in your other post: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=480996 PLEASE don't multi-post, as this wastes the time of the volunteers who spend time answering in one location when the problem has been already solved in another...

Error sending email #2
Hi I am trying to send email from within access. When I try to create outlook from within access using Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application"), I get the 'Automation Error, The specified module could not be found.". I can see the outlook 11 reference in the reference so not sure why it can't find outlook. This app is working fine on other machines so the problem has to be with this machine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards ...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Sending via different email account depending on Contact
Is it possible in OL2003 to automatically choose an email account to send from depending on whom the contact you are sending to? (I know I can click on Account in the drop down list and choose which one to use, but was hoping of an automatic way of this happening depending on domain) e.g. If I send an email to joe-just-a-test@company123.com then the email account chosen to send email is company123 Thanks No, Outlook can't do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Out...

Static CMap object #2
Hi all, Excuse but the other message is wrong I've declared in my .h file the following CMap type : typedef CMap<CString, CString&, MyClass*, MyClass*&> Map; ... ... class AnotherClass { ... public: static Map BuilderMap; ... ... static void Register(CString name, MyClass* instance); }; In one of my CPP file call the Register method as following: AnotherClass::Register(_T("TEST"), this); The code of Register method is : void AnotherClass::Register(CString name, MyClass* instance) { AnotherClass::BuilderMap.SetAt(name, instance); } When linking my project there t...

how can I exceed the nested if fuction limit #2
I am trying to create a validation for a column based off of the previous columns value, which reqires many nested if functions, (10 to be exact). However the limit of 7 nested if function prevents me from being able to do this. With all the amazing things that excel can do, there has to be some sort of work-around for this. Any ideas? Usually the best alternative is to use a Lookup function, however, without more details its hard to give a fuller explanation. _____________________ Naz London "mgdye" wrote: > I am trying to create a validation for a column based off o...

SOAP SDK tool V3 #2
Can any one let me know how to configure SOAP SDK tool, to capture data between, Java code and C# webservices. If any one has answer please let me know. rgds Nuts *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

How access Irish Pension Board Spreadsheet PRSA charges? #2
My Email address is lvmcn1@hotmail.com I am looking for details of the charges commissions and durations of PRSA's so as to get my ssia money out of my current account where it is gaining no interest!!!! Having no clue as to where to find the spreadsheet, website or anything else, not much to offer. Do you have a copy of the spreadsheet? If so, what problems are you having getting the information from it? Is it only available for viewing at a website? A web query might get you the information you need. Not much for us to go on here. "Lum" wrote: > My Email ...

80070490 kb967723 but kb967723 was successfully installed 2 months
So what gives? Why does auto update continue to try to install this update? It just started trying to (re)install this update again a couple of days ago. I am also getting this for kb972145, which was also successfully installed 2 months ago. -- lucky jack lucky_jack wrote: > So what gives? Why does auto update continue to try to install this update? > It just started trying to (re)install this update again a couple of days ago. > I am also getting this for kb972145, which was also successfully installed 2 > months ago. The error is occurring because there'...

Importing Contacts
I have a LARGE contact list that I need to import into some type of address list. So far the best way is to create a contact OU and import them into there using CSVDE. Is this the best way? And does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the proper format. I have the file in CSV format. I think all i have to do is put the proper headers on it and import it. Thank You On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:59:08 -0800, Tbaker <Tbaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a LARGE contact list that I need to import into some type of address >list. So far the best way is to create ...

Conditional Formatting Formula Help Part 2
Hi, I am working on a conditional formatting formula that will refer to a different worksheet that the one it is in, I hope this can be done, so here's how the formula needs to be: in cell X2 of worksheet "10 DAY AVERAGES" I need a formula that tests cell W2 in worksheet "PASTE DATA" to see if it's greater than the 20 day average of cells W2 through D2 in worksheet "PASTE DATA", and if so I will program a certain highlighting color via conditional formatting, I would appreciate very much some help with this formula THANKS! -- RalphSE ---------------...

Email contact
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0B57_01C7B3F4.D2E31CC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Can I send email contacts to external party instead of vcf ( Vcard ) ? --=20 Edward ------=_NextPart_000_0B57_01C7B3F4.D2E31CC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dbi...

Problems with nt-backup #2
I know that only the transaction logs are backed up. But if i have one full-backup and and a differential backup i can restore my system if is crashes wright? Or is it better to make everyday a full backup? "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message news:%23mPbzLHwFHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Are you sure you really want to do a differential Exchange backup? You > understand that a differential Exchange backup only backs up the > transaction > logs, right? > -- > Ed Crowley > MVP - Exchange > "Protecting the world from ...

Backing up Contacts
How can I back up my Vista Windows Mail Contacts? I just want to put them in a folder which I can transfer to a disk when I back up my data. Thanks Drew The Windows Mail contacts are just plain text files in a folder.... C:\Users\<yourlogin>\Contacts. Just include this folder in your backups. Additionally, you might want to export the contacts into a CSV file for additional protection. In WM, open Contacts, Export - CSV, etc. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote i...

Charting Text #2
Below sample data I am trying to chart but I'm not sure if Excel can do this. It is basically a record of animals (tags) and where they have been spotted. I am trying to create a chart (maybe a scatter) with Location and Month on the X & Y axis and the tag data to appear to show a sighting. I have created a work around using a pivot table but the person looking at this chart is not an Excel user and I want to keep it simple. Any suggestions? Location Month Tag NW Jan J33 NW June J34 SW May J33 SW June J35 E Oct J36 E Nov J35 W May J33 W Apr J34 Hi, Insert new blank columns ...

Messenger #2
Does the standard version of Exchange Server 2003 have the "MSN Messenger"-like server on it? I remember Exchange Server 2000 having the server, but can't find it on 2003. Thanks, Neil Hi Neil The Instant Messager feature of Exchange 2000 has been replaced with a new product called Live Communication Server: http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/livecomm/prodinfo/default.mspx -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Neil Shaw" <newsgroups@nshaw.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23%2...

email sending problems #2
when sending emails to certain adresses, i recieve an error stating the email couldn't be sent because the adress was rejected by the server. it says "server error 550." it's really annoying because then i have to go into a webmail and send it out that way. i would say about 50% of my outgoing mail will not send because of this reason. any advice? thank you ...

1 forward mailbox for 2 outlook mailbox's
Can we use 1 forward mailbox with two outlook mailbox’s? Please provide your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance and help appreciated. BB ...

General Question #2
Is there a function that if I wright text in one box, there is an automatic addition of a number in another box? Peter. Yes, probably. We'd need some more information, though, to offer you help on which function to use and how. Andy. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:760FE797-48B6-4AE1-AFC0-B73F92395E18@microsoft.com... > Is there a function that if I wright text in one box, there is an automatic addition of a number in another box? in cell a2 =if(a1="mytext",2,"") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@28...

Simple macro help #2
I have a workbook with two sheets in it. the workbook is used to keep track of machines in a particular location. on one sheet there is a weekly update and the second sheet is a year to date tracker. what i'm trying to do is on the weekly sheet i want to update the numbers for each location, weekly obviously. on the other sheet i want it to keep track of the yearly amount. for example on the weekly sheet i have 3 machines in memphis and 4 in los angeles. the yearly sheet will read 3 for memphis and 4 for los angeles. then at the end of week two i update the weekly sheet saying there...

error 550 5.7.1 #2
Hello, We just acuired a new office and I had their MX record forward to my exchange server. However when an email from the old domain (this example bankxxx.com) I get the message below. I added bankxxx.com to my smtp connections to accecpt from this domain but it just doesn't want to accept it. It still only accepts email from my current domain which is bankyyy.com This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. <bill@bankxxx.com>: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for mjaneiro@bankhnb.com Giving up...

In-Cell editing unvailable in address card view
Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3 IMAP/POP email, not exchange In modify address card view, the option "Allow in-cell editing" is not available. It's available in phone list view. Any way to enable it? Thanks! How could you? Only table views have cells. That's why it's disabled in other views. There's no use for it. -- Russ Valentine "cheerful" <cheerful@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ACBA9D1-88B4-4CC5-8F32-DC36AE1D2178@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2007, SP2 on Windows XP SP3 > IMAP/POP email, not excha...

Address Book from an LDAP server on Exchange 2000
I have an EX2K server on which I need to have an address book from an LDAP openmail server. Through the Exchange System Manager under Recipients\All Address Lists I've created another address book, but could not make heads or tails of how the LDAP query should be. For the openmail server I got the following details: server: 192.168.8.10 c=openmail I'm sure that the LDAP server is working fine as I managed to query the server via the Outlook 2000 client directly. Can somebody help with this ? Thanks Ian Briffa Malta ...

Contact Ribbon
The DELETE option in the Actions box of the Contact tab is right next to the SAVE & CLOSE option. I have allready deleted 2 of my contacts. It seams they should have put the delete option in a safer place? I am aware that the ribbon can not be changed. I am a new user to Office 07 and will probably become more carfull as time goes on. Is there a way to undo delete? Is there any other way to get the Contact back other than locating the information and re-entering it? thanks Paul Might I suggest just clicking the "x" to close and then answer "Yes" t...