contacts #31

I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2.

Is it possible to copy or transfer a contact from one contact list to
another, and if so, how?  I have two separate contact lists.
--
Thanks,
Bob

0
bbran1 (84)

"BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2.
>
> Is it possible to copy or transfer a contact from one contact list to
> another, and if so, how?  I have two separate contact lists.

As with previous versions, highlight the contact, do Edit-Copy to
Folder.....

0
gbplinux (1141)
2/6/2008 3:38:32 PM
When I open the address book and attempt that method, the option to "Copy to
Folder" is not there.  In fact all options on the Edit menu are grayed out.

"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2.
>>
>> Is it possible to copy or transfer a contact from one contact list to
>> another, and if so, how?  I have two separate contact lists.
>
> As with previous versions, highlight the contact, do Edit-Copy to
> Folder.....

0
bbran1 (84)
2/6/2008 3:59:50 PM
> When I open the address book

Outlook doesn't use an addressbook - are you opening the CONTACTS folder?

0
gbplinux (1141)
2/6/2008 4:06:03 PM
Actually Outlook does have an address book because I open it all the time.
I see the method and options you described are available in the contacts
folder.  Thanks.

> "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> When I open the address book
>
> Outlook doesn't use an addressbook - are you opening the CONTACTS folder?

0
bbran1 (84)
2/6/2008 4:32:21 PM
> Actually Outlook does have an address book because I open it all the time.

No it doesn't - that's a common misconception. What you /think/ is the
addressbook is purely a view of your Contacts folder that is used to insert
email addresses into emails. If you have contacts that have no email
address, then they do NOT appear in the "addressbook" view...

0
gbplinux (1141)
2/6/2008 5:02:24 PM
Details, details.  Guess I'm not too concerned about what the address book I
see actually represents.  I see an address book so that is what I call it.

I don't have contacts w/o e-mail I only use Outlook for e-mail.

> "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Actually Outlook does have an address book because I open it all the
>> time.
>
> No it doesn't - that's a common misconception. What you /think/ is the
> addressbook is purely a view of your Contacts folder that is used to
> insert email addresses into emails. If you have contacts that have no
> email address, then they do NOT appear in the "addressbook" view...

0
bbran1 (84)
2/6/2008 7:29:29 PM
it's often easier and faster to grab and drag items between folders.  So if
you have more than 1 Contacts folder, select and then grab and drag the ones
you want to move.  This also works when dragging from one Group to another
(when in a grouped view such as By Category).

The article here about categories and grouping may help you:
www.judygleeson.com/articles.aspx

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant

Canberra, Australia

"What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each
other?"
George Eliot
> Details, details.  Guess I'm not too concerned about what the address book
> I see actually represents.  I see an address book so that is what I call
> it.
>
> I don't have contacts w/o e-mail I only use Outlook for e-mail.
>

> "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Actually Outlook does have an address book because I open it all the
>>> time.
>>
>> No it doesn't - that's a common misconception. What you /think/ is the
>> addressbook is purely a view of your Contacts folder that is used to
>> insert email addresses into emails. If you have contacts that have no
>> email address, then they do NOT appear in the "addressbook" view...

0
Judy
2/6/2008 8:52:23 PM
Thanks, I will try to remember that.  What this stemmed from is needing to
add a new contact but not knowing how to specify what contact folder to put
it in.  Guess I have to go to the folder I want it in rather than using the
"address book".

"Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" <judy> wrote in message
> it's often easier and faster to grab and drag items between folders.  So
> if you have more than 1 Contacts folder, select and then grab and drag the
> ones you want to move.  This also works when dragging from one Group to
> another (when in a grouped view such as By Category).
>
> The article here about categories and grouping may help you:
> www.judygleeson.com/articles.aspx
>
> Regards
>

> Judy Gleeson
> MVP Outlook
> Trainer and Consultant
>

> Canberra, Australia
>
> "What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each
> other?"
> George Eliot
> "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Details, details.  Guess I'm not too concerned about what the address
>> book I see actually represents.  I see an address book so that is what I
>> call it.
>>
>> I don't have contacts w/o e-mail I only use Outlook for e-mail.
>>

>> "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
>>> "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> No it doesn't - that's a common misconception. What you /think/ is the
>>> addressbook is purely a view of your Contacts folder that is used to
>>> insert email addresses into emails. If you have contacts that have no
>>> email address, then they do NOT appear in the "addressbook" view...

0
bbran1 (84)
2/8/2008 2:46:50 AM
On Feb 7, 9:46=A0pm, "BBran" <bb...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Thanks, I will try to remember that. =A0What this stemmed from is needing =
> add a new contact but not knowing how to specify what contact folder to pu=
> it in. =A0Guess I have to go to the folder I want it in rather than using =
the
> "address book".
>
> "Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" <judy> wrote in messagenews:u%235z9IQaIHA.208=
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

> > it's often easier and faster to grab and drag items between folders. =A0=
So
> > if you have more than 1 Contacts folder, select and then grab and drag t=
he
> > ones you want to move. =A0This also works when dragging from one Group t=
> > another (when in a grouped view such as By Category).
>
> > The article here about categories and grouping may help you:
> >www.judygleeson.com/articles.aspx
>
> > Regards
>
> > Judy Gleeson
> > MVP Outlook
> > Trainer and Consultant
>
> > Canberra, Australia
>
> > "What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each
> > other?"
> > George Eliot
> > "BBran" <bb...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >> Details, details. =A0Guess I'm not too concerned about what the address=

> >> book I see actually represents. =A0I see an address book so that is wha=
t I
> >> call it.
>
> >> I don't have contacts w/o e-mail I only use Outlook for e-mail.
>
> >> "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message

I was in Outlook 2007 and there is an address book. It's not the name
of my contacts folder or anything, it is a menu that say "Outlook
Address Book". I don't mean to beat a dead horse but it's there.
However, address book and contacts are not always one in the same FYI.

Windows Mail Contacts lists don't match
Hi all - Windows Mail - Vista SP2 Ultimate 32 bit I seem to have a discrepancy between the Contacts list that appears when = I Create a new email and click the To button to select a Contact, and = when I click on the Contacts table on the regular toolbar. The some of = the names are missing in the To list, and they are also all displayed = with the last names first, instead of the first name first. I have = checked the list in my User acct Contacts folder and it is list the one = that I see when I click on the Contacts icon on the toolbar. I don't = know where the To list is l...

Sorting #31
How do I sort a sheet (say 10 rows of 5 columns) into 1 row of 50 columns, where each 5 columns in the new single row is made up of the successive rows of 5 columns of the original data? I don't want to cut and paste. Cheers, B. hi, Sorry. sort doesn't work that way. you can do with copy paste special tranpose it would take you 5 pastes. assuming your date is at A1:E10, copy the a column then select end of data at row 1. goto edit>paste special> choose transpose repeat for the other 4 columns. sorry. Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >How do I sort a sheet (...

Exchange 2000 Contacts
I have a user in my personal contacts and one in my company that have the same first name. I have deleted the user in my personal contacts. When creating a new email. I type in the first name and autofill is pulling the user that I have deleted instead of the internal user that I want. Thanks in advance Brad Highlight the name and delete it "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05e401c3d3ac$b3b31700$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a user in my personal contacts and one in my > company that have the same first name. I have deleted the >...

Update copies of contacts in multiple folders
I have copies of contacts copied to multiple folders, such as CONTACTS and FAMILY. When I edit one copy the other is not updated. How do I synchronize all copies of a contact? -- JK Well this is because these are separate items and they don't hold a link. You can't synchronize those folders. You are probably better of assigning categories to your contacts and then use views to show only a specific category. This way you don't have to duplicate your items either. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -...

What is a limit of note writing in Outlook Contact?
Hello, I found some of my lengthy note that I made in some Contact has been curtailed to a shorter version without my knowledge. Isn't it supposed to review later once I was able to input in a note at CONTACT? I like to know what is a data size limitatation with note in CONTACT and how do I adjust its size? Others may have more insight into this but one thing I can add with absolute certainty is that the "Body/Notes" field can contain text that exceeds the capacity of an MS Access "memo" field (64K) but have no idea as to what the actual limit is be...

How Do I Get my contacts into my address book?
I just upgraded to Vista, reloaded my Office 2002 suite, including Outlook 2002, pointed it at my Outlook.pst file, and everything seems to be fine except that my address book is empty. My contacts are still there, so how do I get the email addresses from the contact list into the address book? Thanks for any help, Jack Just configure the Outlook Address Book the way you always do: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jack B" <jbruss@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:eSTCZDsVHHA.488@TK2MSFT...

Disappear the check box option of Auto save reply email address to my contact List.
Hi, I am using MS Office 2000 sp3 and run under Windows XP SP2. I find that the check box option of Auto save the reply email address to my contact List are disppeared. What's the problem. Please advise. Regards, Derek Yim You tell us. Nothing happens for no reason. What changes did you make to your configuration? Only the Internet Mail Only mode of Outlook ever had this option. Is that still the mode you are running? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Derek" <dalikyim@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:cm4eqo$7tg1@imsp212.netvigator.com... > Hi, > I am usi...

Can't Find Contact Folder?
When I click the contact folder I Outlook "cant find the folder". Where is this setting so I can see which folder it's looking for? .... version Outlook XP Sorry about that. Microsoft Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. In Outlook, there is not a seperate file for contacts. It is part of the same pst file as the other folders. Never heard of this before, so this may not work, but since OL does not believe thecontact folder is there it might. Right click Personal Folders and select New Folder, name it Contacts and see what happens. Worst that could happen is that it will ...

Managing contacts
I have a large group of contacts with which my organization corresponds. How do I create a folder for these contacts and publish in my organization's Exchange Global Address list? Thank you for your help. Jason You could create an OU for the contacts, then create mail enabled contacts in that OU - these will then be shown in the GAL. Setesh "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B900D347-6F80-4D3A-A530-1E20CB03BBC8@microsoft.com... >I have a large group of contacts with which my organization corresponds. >How > do I create a fol...

CRM Outlook client automatically attaching emails to contact
I am experiencing incoming emails that come from one specific address are attaching to the same contact automatically. It doesn't have me set the regarding and I don't want it to do this. It was just a one time thing Thanks ...

Failure: account: A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dyna
I am getting the following message when I attempt to import customizations into a new CRM installation on the same domain. "Failure: account: A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." Originally the "Account" entity was named "Company" I changed it back because of this error hoping it would solve the importing issues, however this still did not work. The ...

Printing Contacts
Hiya everyone. I was just wondering...is there a way ,when printing off a contact list, to include their birthdays on the print out? thanks :D -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" I'm using Outlook 2000 by the way -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" "Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message news:O61TBrf6FHA.1000@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hiya everyone. > I was just wondering...is there a way ,when printing off a c...

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Outlook 2007 \ Contacts
I've been using Outlook for many years. Just now I 'removed' several members from a Group Contact but _did not_ save the changes when closing the Group Contact. If I reopen the Group Contact I see the changes that I made (but did not save). I am prompted to Save or Cancel the 'changes' yet again and again I Cancel. The only way to view the Group Contact without those changes is to open yet another Contact and then go back to the Group Contact in question. I now see the unchanged (and original) Group Contact. What am I not understanding here? Also, i...

Public Folder Contact list export
I have a Public Folders Contact list that I need to export to an Excel format. In Outlook 2003 when I go to File-Import and Export, it does not list any Public Folders. How can this be done? Copy Contacts from PF to your mailbox or an Outlook PST folder and export to file. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "MikeO" <MikeO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:804F410F-A76D-44C5-BD85-C47DD5DF127D@microsoft.com... >I have a Public Folders Contact list that I need to export to an E...

Lost Outlook contacts
I recently backed up my hard drive on DVD, then also kept the entire contents to another HD. I then reformated my C; drive, and reinstalled all of my programs. When I searched for my outlook info, I could only find backups I had specifically made for export (These are .PST files). Where was Outlook storing all of this information before, and have I lost it all? I hadn't made a backup for a few months, but all of the info was there each time I opened the program. HELP! I recently had to reinstall my OS and drivers on a new hard drive. I have access to my old drive and my data is ...

Syncronising contacts by relationship type
Hi all. I am using CRM 4 with the outlook client. My contacts syncronise perfectly however I also want to see all the contacts for our partners (which are created by another user). I tried to setup the data group options in the CRM add-in in outlook but the contact will not replicate. Please could someone advise how I setup this data group. Basically I need all accounts and contacts that are marked as the relationship type "partner" Thanks Paul -- Posted by NewsLook (Trial Licence) from http://www.ghytred.com/NewsLook/about.aspx ...

Synchronizing Contact Folders
We have Outlook 2003 and use it to view contact lists from our Sharepoint web. Basically it just creates a read-only contact list in Outlook. One of my users would like to have the contacts from Sharepoint (which change frequently) to automatically synchronize with his main Contacts list in Outlook. He wants this so that when he synchronizes his PDA (which only syncs the main contact list), the Sharepoint contacts show up on his phone. I am cross-posting this to the Sharepoint group since I am not sure if this is a Sharepoint question or an Outlook question. Thank you in advance, Nothing l...

Hiding Deactivated Contacts from Associated View
Is is possible to filter the Contacts "associated view" so that its doesn't display deactivated contacts? It doesn't seem possible using the provided tools, but maybe I'm missing something. Or is there an unsupported way to do it? TIA Peter I haven't found a way around this. The only thing I could think to do was to add the Status field to the associated view and then sort the contacts by that column, so at least users can quickly see who is active and who is inactive. :( -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Peter Lynch" wrote: &...

Editing (deleting entrees) contacts from Mail contact list
I use Win 7 Home, with Windows Live Mail for e-mail. I am unable to remove old entrees (when I receive change of address info, for example). This was not a problem in Outlook Express. What am I overlooking? Thanks for your help. -- Allen Furfine Click on Contacts double-click on the contact you wish to revise. click on Personal or Work, etc. edit the Street address, etc. click on Save How are you trying it? -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "alfurfine" <alfurfine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

adding new contact in phone call
how do you add a contact when entering a phone call directly related to the client the phone call is coming from? new to CRM. Hi, I am not able to understand your question clearly. Can you pleae re phrase it. If you want to create new contact. Then from menu on top New -> contact There are multiple ways to create new contacts. If you want to create a contact from phone call window than in phone call window, Sender lookup window, there is a button "New" that can also be used to create contact quickly. You may contact me directly at my email address if you want help on this ...

Backing up Windows Mail Contacts in Vista
How do I back up my Contacts in Windows Mail? I would like to export them to a folder which I can transfer to a disk as a part of my data backup. If I use the export function, which format do I select? Thanks Drew Simply copy the folder C:\Users\username\Contacts. That works if you want to import it immediately into a new installation of Windows Mail, or you want to completely replace the existing=20 destination contacts. If you use that method you can't merge into an=20 existing set of contacts. If you need to merge, export/import using the CSV format. The drawba...

Outlook Auto Resolve Distribution List in Contact Folder In Public Folder
We're running Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000. I have a Distribution List called DL1 in a Contacts Folder called CF1 in a Public Folder called PF1. When I type DL1 in the To: field of an email and click "Check Names" Outlook is unable to resolve the name of the Distribution List. But it resolves non Distribution List entries just fine. To set this up, I right clicked CF1, clicked Properties, Outlook Address Book, and placed a check mark in front of "Show this folder as an e-mail address book". In Outlook I clicked Tools, Services, Addressing and added CF1 ...

Outlook 2003 and Business Contact Manager #3
I am using Outlook 2003 with Business Contact manager. I am also using Outlook/BCM on a laptop. I don't know if I need exchange server - I have simple network, to synchronize data between BCM on my laptop and my desktop. I want to work remotly and exchange data without having to import export all the time. Is there a sychronization feature i can use? ...

unable to select names in contacts folder
Hi I am using Outlook 2003 in Windows Vista Home 32bit. I have about 3000 names in my contact list. However, when I compose a new email, the contacts list is empty and I am unable to select any email address. It showed my hotmail address book instead. Please help. Thanks. There is no information here. What is your "contact list?" Outlook uses no such term. If you want to use your own term please define it for us. You did not specify in which view do your contacts not appear. How did you configure the address book view in Outlook? -- Russ Valentine "Destang...