Contact Name First to last

whenever I create a contact information the name appearing the fileas box
as"last name to first", is there a permanent way to keep the file as is
exactly as full name?
0
Alexbj (2)

Dear,

Whynot -
In OL XP and 2003 Go to Tools -Email Accounts-click on View or change
existing directories or address book(next), click on change, Select show
names by File As.

(Please respond to this question
Was this post helpful to you?)

Hope this helps you more
Regards
APK

"Alexbj" wrote:

> whenever I create a contact information the name appearing the fileas box
> as"last name to first", is there a permanent way to keep the file as is
> exactly as full name?
0
Anver (91)
9/18/2005 11:48:04 AM
It worked man, you saved my time.
Regards

"Anver" wrote:

> Dear,
>
> Whynot -
> In OL XP and 2003 Go to Tools -Email Accounts-click on View or change
> existing directories or address book(next), click on change, Select show
> names by File As.
>
> (Please respond to this question
> Was this post helpful to you?)
>
> Hope this helps you more
> Regards
> APK
>

> "Alexbj" wrote:
>
> > whenever I create a contact information the name appearing the fileas box
> > as"last name to first", is there a permanent way to keep the file as is
> > exactly as full name?
0
Alexbj (2)

Change order names are presented in Auto-complete
When I type a name into the "To" line, auto-complete offers suggestions assuming that I am typing the first name. I have 100's of names and would prefer to have them listed by last name first as they are in the address-book and Contacts list. Is it possible to have Auto-complete organized by last name first? Thanks. Bob S <BobS@nospam.com> wrote: > When I type a name into the "To" line, auto-complete offers > suggestions assuming that I am typing the first name. I have 100's > of names and would prefer to have them listed by last name first as ...

how do I change the default name of a column from numbers to lett.
my default used to be column a, column b etc, somehow it has been changed to column 1, column 2 etc. how do I change it back? Because of the default change it changes my formulas to sum(R[1] - C[2] etc. In EXCEL 2007 try the following:- Office Button / Excel Options (lower right hand side) / Formulas (2nd option down on left hand side) / Working with formulas (2nd option down on right hand side) / make sure that R1C1 reference style is not selected (that is, it does not have a green tick in it) If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks! "mac" w...

Inviting a contact without email for an appointment
I created an appointment in MS CRM (browser), inviting multiple contacts. One of them did not have an email address. I was able to save my appointment without any warning. Questions: 1) Is this normal behavior? Or should CRM warn me that one of the attendees cannot be reached by email? 2) Even if one of my invitees did not receive the invitation, did the rest of the invitees receive it? Please help me on this one, or tell me where to look! Thanks! .. This is normal as when you create an appointment throught the browser it does not send a email to them inviting them. If they are a ...

(Reposted) Sharing contacts in LAN
Hi NG, Sorry that I repost, but I didn't get any feedback on my last post, eventhough I think that there has to be an solution.. I'm looking for a cheap ( or better priceless ) solution to share the OL-contacts of several user in a small LAN. Basically 2 pcs that should can use and edit each others contacts with up to 2 laptops connected that only should read and edit the 2 contact-pools of the pcs. I know programms like OLWorkgroupfolders etc. but the license prices are quite high and anyway i just need a solution for the contacts. Would apreciate any help. Thanks Alex http:/...

How can I view all contacts for all sub-accounts of accounts?
I have an account with more sub-accounts. Each sub-account has one ore more contacts. Normally I can see only contacts associated directly with that account, not with sub-accounts. When a select that parent accounts, I'd like to see all the contacts from all sub-accounts. It is possible ? That is the current v4.0 Out of Box functionality. The relationship is there, so building a SRS report is a good option for this. Or SDK... Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Paul P" wrote: > I have an ...

Contact addition date
Is there anyway to display the date a contact was added so you know who is new in your addressbook? Switch to a table view, and add "creation time" (or similar) to the column header (for that right click it, choose Field Chooser). -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook : Outlook Categories? Category Manager Is Your Tool : VBOffice Reporter for Data Analysis & Reporting : <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en> Am Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:08:56 -0500 schrieb Herb Segal: > Is there anyway to display the date a contact...

How to change the name of a style
I have used some styles and their nme is no longer descriptive. How do I change their name? Some are styles I created and some are built-in but I am not sure which is which I use word 2003. TIA/gary You can rename custom styles using the Organizer dialog box. To open the dialog, click Tools | Templates and Add-Ins, and then click the Organizer button. Built-in styles cannot be renamed, but you can add a style name alias: In the Modify Style dialog box, just enter a comma (or whatever is the list separator character for your operating system) and type in the alias. Wh...

display number as number name
I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Kamala Kannan" wrote: > I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. ...

Mini rant: Why does Money blank out my password when it can't contact the server?
I just tried to open Money '07, it's about 11:00pm on Saturday night. All I wanted to do was enter some transactions into my register. What happens? I get an error message telling me that the password, which is current and correct, and remembered by Money, is incorrect and proceeds to erase it from its settings. Clicking the link for why, I'm told that "the server might be down". So why the *&*&^#%#*))_$@##@!#$ does it have to wipe my password if the problem is only that "the server might be down"? For that matter, why the *(&$*^#@$*&($%# do...

+1 in contacts
Hi, Outlook 2007 adds +1 in front of the phone numbers in contacts. How can I stop this? Thanks See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2009/20090410.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/defaul...

showing contacts as address book in
I have Office 2007, and I just installed it on a new Win 7 computer. everything else seems fine, but when I try to send an e-mail message, and click the to button, which should display my contacts, there is nothing there. may contacts are accessable if I go to the contacts button. I have tried toold->addressbook, but there are no address bookd to select. -- Joe No question is answered more frequently. Read the countless posts here that have already answered your question. If you cannot find them or understand them, then you must at least provide the following information...

Company name on appointments
How do I make the contact company name show on my appointments instead of the contact person name? Also, why doesn't the appointment allow me to enter a contact using a button on the bottom like office 2003 did? Help!!! I am really disappointed with Office 2007 Outlook at this point because it has made my job a lot harder than it used to be when it comes to setting up appointments. http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm go to Outlook Q&A. #1 under "Contacts" -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officefor...

XL2007: Protection and Name Manager?
When activating worksheet protection in XL2007, will one of those checkboxes allow the Name Manager to add and delete names while the worksheet is protected? Ed Ed from AZ laid this down on his screen : > When activating worksheet protection in XL2007, will one of those > checkboxes allow the Name Manager to add and delete names while the > worksheet is protected? > > Ed No. This is locked out because defining names local to the sheet (via the UI) violates sheet protection. You may have better luck doing it programmatically by removing protection, then reapply it specifying...

domain name
Does the domain name really matter, when I used NT4.0 it didn't matter but with all the extra peices with SBS do I need to be careful with what I call the domain? What is the best practice for setting up a domain name for our net work? If I have a website should I use that for the server domain name, example CompnanyName.com? I notice that the orginal install had the domain name as CompanyName.local, is this a better set up? Additionally, I do plan to use Exchange Server but not at first. Thank you for your assistance with this question. -- mjb --------------------...

Sorting Contacts
How do I set-up the contacts on Outlook '97 so that it arranges the entries by company rather than by individual? The help option talks as changing the "File As", but I can't find this option. Can you help? Peter ...

how can i make a drug file names
given all the drug names to make a file with the generic and the brand names with the therapuetic classification how can you make a file out of that? You should really ask yourself what do you want to do with the file once it is made. If it is just to be able to find the brand name and classification from the generic name (or vice-versa), then you could set up a sheet with three columns - put "Generic" in A1, "Brand" in B1 and "Classification" in C1 as headings. Then, start entering your data under the appropriate column heading. Once your data is added, click ...

Exporting contact .vcf Files
This may be incredibly simple, but I can't figure out how to export my whole Outlook address book then import into another computer's Outlook. In the help files, it says to "Save as" a vcf file then it can be imported. When I try this, it works for one contact, but when I choose multiple contacts, it isn't an option. I've got several hundred contacts - so this doesn't seem like a feasible option. If this isn't the right way, how to I export my contacts? Thanks File->Export->To a File->Personal Folders->Select the contacts folder to export->Na...

date from sheet name
I'd like to turn a sheet name into a date. Apr28 to 4/28/10 (as a date) and Apr28-30 to Apr28-30 (as text) TIA and thanks for any ideas. Jim I'm going to first build this up piece by piece then put it all into one huge ugly formula. Key here is that the workbook must have already been saved before the CELL() function will work, until then, you get nothing out of it. For the examples, we'll assume that you have already saved the workbook, and have cells A1, A2, A3 and A4 available to test with. this gives us the full path to the referenced cell, including the...

Importing Outlook Contacts into CRM
I have 5 different contact records in my Outlook Contacts, the company name is the same on each one, but there is a different contact name for each one. When I import these contacts into CRM will it create duplicate accounts? No, because it won't create any accounts. How are you planning to import the contacts ? If you track them in CRM, this ignores the company name field; if you import them after exprting to a text file you will either have to map the company name to a text field and resolve the account later, or translate the company name to the Guid (accountid) of an existing C...

Listbox of File Names does not Filter in Open File Dialog
Hi, I use the CFileDialog and a file filter to open a File. Everything works fine. The file selection box in the upper side works with the given file filter. I am having one little Problem with the selection box of the FILE NAME. This selectionbox will only get active, when I enter one character in the editfield of the file name. Then there will be showed absolutly all files with this character. This box ignores the filter. I tested some programmes and found out, that only MS Office 2003 and 2007 are doing a correct job. Now I would like to ask, if this is a MS bug and if there is an easy w...

Trouble sharing Outlook contact folders
My company just got Outlook 2003. I transferred my e-mail address book. The individual e-mail folders didn't transfer, so I created all new folders and moved the e-mail addresses to them. I gave another person permission to see my address book. All the e-mail addresses appear, but when he clicks on the individual folders, it is empty. Why can't I share the e-mails in a group? ...

Memorising User name & Password not working
Every time I wish to download email in Outlook 2002 a dialog comes up asking for the User name & password on each of my 5 email accounts. The box for memorising these items has always been checked as it has also in all my email accounts. Very time consuming. How do I eliminate it? Never had this problem with Windows ME and the details in Tools/Options/Email Accounts are identical. "Deano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1b5e01c49a3b $9510a320$a301280a@phx.gbl: > > Every time I wish to download email in Outlook 2002 a > dialog comes u...

How to overwrite the data in "Contacts"?
I have two "Contacts" folders. One is the default "Contacts" and the other is called "1 Ascend Contacts" I want to take all the data from "1 Ascend Contacts" and transfer it into "Contacts". If there are duplicate names, I want the data in "Contacts" to be overwritten by the (more recent) data in "1 Ascend Contacts". How do I do this? Thanx, -plh -- I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here! Can you drag/drop the items from the Ascend folder to the standard Contacts folder? "plh" <plh_member...

Opening a contact clears the clipboard
I'm experiencing some odd behavior with Outlook contacts (Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6735) SP3 running on Windows XP Professional SP2). Every time I open a contact record, the clipboard is cleared. This occurs if I am creating a new contact, or if I open an existing contact. Nothing similar happens when I open other Outlook forms. Can anybody suggest any place to look for the cause of this behavior? -- Michael S. Meyers-Jouan Please reply to the newsgroup to keep the thread intact E-mail first name at last name ".name" it's a known issue. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outl...

Convert Lead to Account, Contact, or Opportunity Error CRM 4.0 #2
Hi, in CRM 4.0 when I try to convert a Lead to an account, lead or opportunity it tells me there is an error and to try again. It gives me no details on the error. But when I try to disqualify a lead it allows me to do that. So what would cause me not to be able to convert a lead? Thanks. -- Christina Hi Christina, Do you have any Plug-in associate with Account or Opportunity? If not, I believed a platform trace will able to tell you what is wrong. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Dec 8, 10:45=A0am, Christina <Christ...@discussions.microsof...