Contact List - Fax # is seperate entry?

How come whne I put in a contact in Outlook 2004, and then I add a fax
#, it lists the contact twice on my main list?
0
jbo1 (19)

It's because there is no Outlook 2004.
The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all
electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed.
The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a
different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha
character) so that Outlook won't recognize them as phone numbers.
There are also a number of utilities available that can do this for you
automatically. Some are listed here:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"BoDEAN" <jbo@not_a_valid_email_addy.com> wrote in message
> How come whne I put in a contact in Outlook 2004, and then I add a fax
> #, it lists the contact twice on my main list?

0
russval (3097)
12/17/2003 9:58:13 PM
Thanks.

For 20 bucks....I'll do it myself and add the Fax: prefix

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:58:13 -0500, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
<russval@mvps.org> wrote:

>It's because there is no Outlook 2004.
>The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all
>electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed.
>The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a
>different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha
>character) so that Outlook won't recognize them as phone numbers.
>There are also a number of utilities available that can do this for you
>automatically. Some are listed here:
>http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm

0
jbo1 (19)

make a distribution list from a named category(in contact list)
I've created a category name from certain contacts...can I use that category name to directly create a distribution list? What happens now is when I'm adding to the dist. list, the contact list shows up, but the category "field" doesn't show up in the list, so its hard to remember which contact is in which category. Thanks -David If you are using categories, why be redundant and use a DL? Drag the category to your inbox and your distribution is set. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited m...

Moving Journal Entries
I recently changed computers and also upgraded Office from 2000 to XP. My problem is that I don't know how to transfer my Outlook journal entries from the old computer to the new computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Dan McMillan <danm@emcmc.com> wrote: > I recently changed computers and also upgraded Office from > 2000 to XP. My problem is that I don't know how to > transfer my Outlook journal entries from the old computer > to the new computer. Any help would be greatly > appreciated. Journal entries, like all other entries in Outlook, are i...

Sorting a List #2
Hi, In column A I have a list of dollar values. $40 $-30 $10 $0 $0 $120 What I would like to do is in column B put a ranking 1through whatever corresponding to their dollar value so it would look like this: $40 2 $-30 6 $10 3 $0 4 $0 4 $120 1 I hope I explained it well. In other words, in column B, they are sorted according to rank right where they stand. $120 is number 1. $-30 is number 6, etc. Thanks, Tom In B1: =rank(a1,$a$1:$a$6) and copy down to B6 Tom G wrote: > > Hi, > > In column A I have a list of dollar values. > > $40 > $-30 &...

updating two seperate spreadsheets with same info
I have 2 seperate spreadsheets one with monthly info and one with yearly info. I wondered if there was a way to update the same info in one spreadsheet and it automatically fill in in the other spreadsheet since its the same information going into both databases without having to copy/paste all the time why not have one where you filter for month ??? data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "T" <T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E30B3EE-2D44-4E1D-8F10-16CC36DB8D6E@microsoft.com.....

Value list
i need help with making value lists in excel so that i can make my data base consistant with the data i am entering That's not much to go on. What is a value list? And what constitutes making your database consistent with the data you are entering? Post back and explain in detail what you have, what you want to do, and what you want to happen. Some examples are always good. HTH Otto "Maint Girl" <Maint Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EDE3701-B704-4BE8-B449-58662FDCB495@microsoft.com... > i need help with making value lists in ...

Why when I click on my address book it shows the person's fax #
I just installed Office 2003. When I go to my address book it shows not only the person email address but also their fax number. How can I clean it up and stop that? http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTE...

Error creating Contact within Account
I can create a conact and associate it to an account but all of a sudden the other day I cna nolonger create a contact within an account, I get the following error meassge, I have remapped everything, and now am at a loss can any one help. [ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMContactClass.Create(CUserAuth& Caller, String Contact) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Contact.InternalCreate(String xml) +31 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Contact.InternalCreateAndRetrieve(String xml, String columnSet) +9 Microsoft.Crm.Appli...

contacts appear as deleted in my list when they didn't delete me
I have this situation come up every once in a while is anyone else experiencing this? and what is causing the miss labeling? -- Four Generations Of Trust And Betrayal...One Legacy Skywolfe Hi Skywolfe, Just to confirm, how are you identifying them as being deleted? -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation -- "Rage Skywolfe"...

Outlook 2003
Hello. I just upgraded from OE v.6 to Outlook 2003 because we have Outlook (xp) at work. Now I have an irritating problem. I can't respond to e-mails from users that I don't have in my contacts. Instead of the e-mail address Outlook shows the name of the person in the "to"-field. When I then try to send the e-mail I get a message saying that Outlook can't find the contacts. All I can do from there is to abort or to create a new contact. I really don't want to add a person in my contact for every new e-mail I want to answer. Is there a solution to this problem or wil...

Export Contacts Table from MS Access to Global Address List in Exchange
Hi, I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts table in Microsoft Access to Global Address List on Exchange so I can view all the contacts in Outlook Address Book? Thanks, Eric It's possible, yes. But, not knowing the format of your Access database, I can't tell you much more. Look into the CSVDE tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <eric.nguyen312@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171476029.880250.152000@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I want to know if its possible to export my Contacts ...

return all entries where name contains "LEN"
I have a table: (Dummy Scenario) -ID -Name -Join_Date -Remark ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'd like to: Retrieve all entries where the name contains "LEN" , so names such as "ALLEN", "LENNY", "LENUS" etc.. should be returned. (In SQL, we write --> where the name LIKE "*LEN*", ) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My question: 1) how can i do it in a form ? 2) Is that possible to return all results into a "DataG...

Business Contact Manager Study Guide
Does anyone know where to find a Study Guide for a new Business Contact Manager user? I need to start from the beginning. -- mbtaylormt ...

Windows Fax and Scan not working
When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error message that pops up, that reads, "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected account." The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears, it reads, "The message could not be sent. Access denied." The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall it? Thank you, Mark Freis MJ: Go to "Turn Windows ...

reset contact names display in outlook reading pane
Over time, due to inefficiencies on my part as well some company changes have made the name display in the reading pane and other places quite messy. For example, my company renamed a division so people who were once Smith, John (north division) are now Smith, John (professional division) and those I accidentally accepted from incoming emails as Mary Jones for the display, I would prefer to display as Jones, Mary. I may have compounded the problem because I do use the contacts as my default due to the fact I have many external customers and our company is extremely la...

New Email to a Category of Contacts
Strange problem, I have set up a number of categories to easily allow blast emails to my network of contacts. I select a category (no more then 19 contacts), then action, create, new message to contact, and receive the following warning: "Some of the contacts do not have email addresses ......" The email is then missing a number of contacts. When I look at those contacts, their email addreses are populated correctly. Also, I can create emails to them one by one, but never grouping more then one together. I'm using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 64 bit. Thanks in adv...

Adding comma seperated values within a single cell
I need to come up with a custom function that will add up comma seperated numerals contained within a single cell. For example if the the cell A1 contains: 4,5,3 I want the result of the fuction (say in a2) to display the result of 12 Any help greatly appreciated. Regards Mike On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:39:01 +1100, Michael Toal <M.Toal@bom.gov.au> wrote: >I need to come up with a custom function that will add up comma seperated >numerals contained within a single cell. > >For example if the the cell A1 contains: > >4,5,3 > >I want the result of the fuction (sa...

Populate text boxes from a list box
Hi, I have a form with text and combo boxes where user enters data. After saving, a list box in another form is being populated, and all that works just fine. What i wanted to do next is to enable users to open one set of data from the list box (one row of data) in that form with text and combo boxes. I tried and tried but either i manage to open that form in add mode where all fields are blank, or i manage to open the form with data from the list box, but always positioned on the first data in the list box. I have been trying for a while so it could be possible that i am missing...

Folders list
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Folders list has to be re-opened manually on startup from the Views menu every time. This problem is identical to one discussed in a string that ended last May without a solution. This started happening on both my computer - a new iMac - and on my wife's, a Macbook purchased last May. (The problem showed up first on hers; mine started a few weeks later.) Both computers are running Snow Leopard. Has anyone figured this out? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------------...

merge contacts groups in outlook address book
is it possible to merge groups in contacts ? as I have several group and some addresses appaer in more than one group, so merging th groups I would then be able to delete duplicated addresses, any IDEAS? Jo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Mailing lists
I would like to creat a mailing list, so I can keep my customers up to date on events and sales. Please help. Carol @Country Morning Livermore, Ca. sunni2003 wrote: > I would like to creat a mailing list, so I can keep my customers up to date on events and sales. Please help. > Carol @Country Morning > Livermore, Ca. > How many addies have you collected? just wondering (if I get a response hahaha) FYI ask Vanna for "another E" Tools, Mail & Catalog merge, create address list. If you have 2000 it is on the toolbar as "Mail Merge." -- Mary Sauer M...

Dropdown List #2
How do I create a dropdown list in a cel?? Thanks Check out Debra Dalgleish's web page on how to use data validation to create such a list:: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Surf" <capwrapido@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:232a301c45e1e$c9b727b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... How do I create a dropdown list in a cel?? Thanks ...

I put all addresses into dist. lists & want them back in contacts
In Outlook 2007, I created two distribution lists using all of my contacts, and then deleted all addresses from the address book contacts list. I thought I could still send individual messages to members of the distribution lists, but have not been able to do so. I think I need to reinstate all addresses to the contacts list but don't know how to do that. Turns out I don't really need the distribution lists after all -- I just want to be able to send email messages to individual contacts again, as it was before I created the two distribution lists. PLEASE HELP! Thank...

Global adress list
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003. I created a new global address list and add users to it. I modify the default address list with adsiedit and excluded users that I added to my new gal. I did'nt change ACL on both gals so everyone is able to see them but each account is part only of one of the two gals. When I preview the two gals within exchange or active directory, all accounts are parts of their own gal. When I want to configure Outlook with a user that is part of my new GAL, it does'nt work. Outlook cannot find the account. It would be normal if this accoun...

Deleting duplicate diary entries ???
I just somehow managed to make a mess of my Calendar in Outlook 2002...when i was attempting to sync my PDA..... and now one of my PC has every diary entry doubled up !!!! Any quick way to undo this ??? -- cheers, Brian C ...

Discounting null entries from Pie & Bar Chart
Hello all, I've got a simple and colourful Worksheet that updates itself live depending on data that is pasted into sheet 2 of it. The thing is, when people are all in it's fine, everything is plotted correctly(http://hayn.gotadsl.co.uk/excelfull.jpg), but when several people are absent it munches them all together. Notice the circled segment on this screenshot below: http://hayn.gotadsl.co.uk/excel.jpg How can I stop that? I just want it not to plot the absent people. --Nick. -- http://www.sendit.com/scp/id/what - Want DVDs/Games? icq: 9235201 -- Hayn on dal.net - Mmmm... choc...