contact list #13

Good Day,

I hope I am in the right area, we are running Exchange 2003 one Server 2003
and have Outlook 03 clients.  We have address lists in the public folder an
admin and a vendor, these contain contact information on contrators and
vendors. In the folder list I can browse down and few and click on a contact
to send them an email, but when I open a new email to send and I click on to
and what to chose the list from the address book drop down box they are not
there.  How do I set it up so vendors and Admin contact list appear in the
drop down box in the contact list?

Thank you

David

0
david4184 (7)

In the Properties dialog for those contacts folders, check the Outlook =
Address Book box.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20

"David Horn" <david@anms.net> wrote in message =
> Good Day,
>=20
> I hope I am in the right area, we are running Exchange 2003 one Server =
2003=20
> and have Outlook 03 clients.  We have address lists in the public =
folder an=20
> admin and a vendor, these contain contact information on contrators =
and=20
> vendors. In the folder list I can browse down and few and click on a =
contact=20
> to send them an email, but when I open a new email to send and I click =
on to=20
> and what to chose the list from the address book drop down box they =
are not=20
> there.  How do I set it up so vendors and Admin contact list appear in =
the=20
> drop down box in the contact list?
>=20
> Thank you
>=20
> David=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Hide subsequent rows based on pull down list choice
I have a spreadsheet that has 9 resource concerns listed. Next to each concern is a cell with a drop down list (data validation list) where the user can choose high, medium or low. Below each resource concern are rows that have questions associated to the concern that they need to answer if they choose high or medium. I need a macro that will unhide the rows below the each concern if high or medium is chosen in the drop down list, but keep the rows hidden if the user chooses low. It needs to update each time the list is pulled down, so that if they initially choose low, but...

Outlook Distribution List
Outlook 2007, Windows Vista Ultimate. Distribution lists. What happened to the scroll wheel function when a distribution list is open? Is there a setting? What happened to the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+W to update the distribution list from contacts? What happened to the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+A to save and close? You need to understand that DL's have been out of the development cycle for years, have never worked as designed, and will get worse with each successive version until, finally, everyone stops using them. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Charles W Davis" <Ant...

List Control
Hi My MFC application has a dialog box containing a list control. The list control selection changes as expected by clicking with the mouse or using the arrow keys when the control is in focus. I want to detect when the selection changes. For changes triggered by the mouse this is easy - I can use the OnClick event. However, I can't find a way to detect changes triggered by the arrow keys. The list box control has a LBN_SELCHANGE message for this situation, but the list control does not support this message. I cannot change to a list box because I need the control to support check...

Why do "Calendar" and "Contacts" appear in my Outlook Mail folder
Why do "Calendar" and "Contacts" appear in my Outlook Mail folder view? When I start Outlook 2003 they are not there. But they appear there in the course of using the program, and cannot be removed except by restarting the computer. DickSF wrote: > Why do "Calendar" and "Contacts" appear in my Outlook Mail folder view? When > I start Outlook 2003 they are not there. But they appear there in the course > of using the program, and cannot be removed except by restarting the > computer. My guess is that you are switching...

Custom drawn list control #2
Hi, I am using a list view in the icon mode and I need to display icon texts as multilane strings. In order to do this, I am handling NM_CUSTOMDRAW as given below : void MyListViewC::OnNMCustomdraw(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW lpLVCustomDraw = reinterpret_cast<LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW>(pNMHDR); CListCtrl& list_ctrl = GetListCtrl(); CRect TextRect; //Store the rectangle in which text is dispayed in this rectangle. switch(lpLVCustomDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage) { case CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT: case CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT | CDDS_SUBITEM: ...

Lead v/s contact v/s account v/s opportunity
Hi, I am trying to understand a few basic things about Microsoft CRM. I would appreciate it if someone can enlighten me on the following questions: 1. Is the following definition of "Lead" correct? A lead is a person who we come to know from somewhere. Technically, a lead must have a name and optionally the company the lead belongs to. According to the CRM UI, a lead may be converted to one or more of the following: a) an opportunity b) a contact c) an account. Or, a lead may just disqualify. 2. What is a contact? When would I convert a lead into a contact? 3. What is an accoun...

Questions on combo boxes and list boxes.
Combination boxes allow editing or data entry correct? List do not - correct? I need to be able to edit the table that I get my list information from is that possible? Also when an item is chosen from the list - a particular product - I need the price of that product to be entered into the price column. I have found many one to many list but I just need to do a 1 for 1. Is the easiest way to set up a bunch of "IF" statements? I also need to know how to delete a combo box. I had one that was no problem to remove but I can't get rid of the other one. Marc you cant edit a d...

print message tracking list?
I need to print out a display of all the messages tracked by a user, is this possible? i know you cant save each individual email's message history, but i need to print a list of all the messages a user sent out in a week. I believe about all you can do is to execute a "print screen"... "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:077BF10C-0628-4280-AB2E-F89A4E5B2EE7@microsoft.com... > I need to print out a display of all the messages tracked by a user, is this > possible? i know you cant save each individual email's message history...

Different price lists on one quote in CRM 3.0
Is there any way to customize CRM to allow you to select a price list for every each product line in quote, order and invoice? We need this because we have different products from different suppliers which we want to put together for a solutions quotes. Hi TTL This can be done, you must choose all products from one price list, then save it, then you can change the price list and choose other products, save it and choose another. You must save in between changing lists otherwise it wont work. HTH Ben This will seem to work at first. BUT when you click the recalculate button or change so...

Filter a list for missing numbers
I have a rather long (2000) list of stamp numbers, and want to filter out and print a list of those ( from 1 to 2000) that are misssing..a "want list". Tried some options but didn't get anywhere. Thank you. Excel 2003 on Vista. Say your list of numbers is in column A. In B1, enter: =IF(COUNTIF(A:A,ROW())=0,"Item " & ROW() & " is missing","") and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "billnock" wrote: > I have a rather long (2000) list of stamp numbers, and want to filter out and > prin...

Query List
Hi All, I'm trying to make a form that shows a list of queries presently in my database. How do I go about creating a list from queries that reside in my db? On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:01:01 -0800, Mark wrote: > Hi All, > > I'm trying to make a form that shows a list of queries presently in my > database. How do I go about creating a list from queries that reside in my > db? To show all the named queries in the current database, add a listbox control to your form. As ListBox rowsource: SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((Left([Na...

Outlook XP
I'm trying to figure out an issue that someone is having with distribution lists. When they send out an email containing distribution lists it returns the error "internal support function returned an error". Everything works just fine with individual emails. Any help provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shawn ...

multiple managers for distribution list in gal on exchange 2k3
Hi all, is there a way to allow multiple persons in a organisation to manage GAL distribution list on exchange 2k3 via the outlook client? If we se one as owner, only this person could administer the list, but we need solution for more than one manager. Thanks a lot. Klau - ZeroFighte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message535481.htm Klaus- Check out this KB: http://support.microsoft.com...

Change Folder List order
I'm running OL 2003 SP2 under XP Pro. In my Outlook Folder List I have 4 open folders: MAIN, Archive 1995-2000, Archive 2000-2005, and Other. That's the order in which they appear. I'd like to move "Other" up into the 2nd position, but can't figure out how to change the order. How do I do this? you'll have to rename it - outlook puts the non-default folder sets in alphabetical order. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Task...

Can you make a list control look like an MSFlexGrid?
Can you put lines between rows and columns? >Can you put lines between rows and columns? Yes you can Chris, see the LVS_EX_GRIDLINES style. However, I recall there's a problem with this when used on XP with a theme enabled application, in that the grid lines get drawn messed up when you scroll the list! Yes Cheers David, that works, I couldn't find the option to display the drawing pin (tack) icon to keep a column in place while scrolling others out of view (only an option for the leftmost column). Do you know this property? >I couldn't find the option to display...

where can I find a sample home inventory that list all items i ma.
There's a template here that you can download: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC010705501033.aspx lanier wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Debra Dalgleish wrote > There's a template here that you can download: > > http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC010705501033.aspx To view this template, you must have one of the following installed on your computer: Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 Microsoft Office Standard Editio...

My Outlook contacts email addresses not available
I have recently started using Outlook for my email in my new Windows 7 Pro OS. Prior was OE and had no problems. It is all new to me and I have gone through all the posts regarding my Contacts that contain email addresses but are not availabe when I send emails. No luck. When I click on TO: I get my "detailed address cards" or "outlook address book" as options. Everything is on the address cards, but there is nothing in the address book. I'm a newbie at this so please be patient. I have over 400 addresses in this file, and am hopelessly lost. We have no ...

Outlook Contact List #3
How do I copy my contact list to my BlackBerry? "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7444BC8-8C60-47EC-8127-A8EA7CAB8058@microsoft.com... > How do I copy my contact list to my BlackBerry? Ask Blackberry? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) Try Desktop Manager Software from BlackBerry works with OL2007 "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7444BC8-8C60-47EC-8127-A8EA7CA...

Contact Edit
Windows 7, I bring up the Edit Contact window but can not change the email address. How do I do That? Earl After you click Edit Contact, are you clicking Contact at the left? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Earl Partridge" <earlp@pearnet.com> wrote in message news:OooAtvzqKHA.6064@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Windows 7, I bring up the Edit Contact window but can not change the > email address. How do I do That? > Earl > When you open the main "Edit Contact" window, you still have to sele...

Contacts' age
We are looking to report on contacts that are between 69.5 and 70.5 years of age for legal compliance reasons. I'd like to create a view using Advanced Find, but the closest I can get is 'find contacts with birthdays between November 4, 1937 and November 4, 1938'. This is fine for finding such contacts today, but I would need to change this query every day for it to be truly correct every day. Any ideas on how to make this view possible? Thanks in advance! -Erik Hi Erik, I don't know if you are familiar with Reporting Services. You might need to write a custom report to...

HELP! How to transfer Block Senders List
Help..... I have been using Outlook Express for a long time, but I haven't yet found a way to transfer a 'Block Senders List' from one PC to another PC. Am I missing any simple way to do this or this cannot be done without re-typing the whole list ... Any suggestions? Okienuah wrote: > Help..... > > I have been using Outlook Express for a long time, but I > haven't yet found a way to transfer a 'Block Senders List' > from one PC to another PC. Am I missing any simple > way to do this or this cannot be done without re-typing > the whole lis...

List box and command button to display results in new form
I am missing something. In Access 2003 I never had this problem, but now I am using 2007. In a form I would create a list box that would display one column from a table. Then I would create a command button using the button wizard that would then open a form which would only display certain records, then I would link the list box to the appropriate column in the table and it would display the correct results according to what was selected in the list box. In 2007 I can not link the listbox to the appropriate column in the table in the wizard. Am I missing something when I create t...

Error when accesing Outlook Contacts via VBA
Hi everyone, I have a macro for Outlook 2000 that sends an email to each and every contact in a particular folder, with a personalized message. In my PC works OK. However, I copied the code in other PC, and everytime I the code accesses a contact to send an email to that particular contact, Outlook gives a message, something like "An external program is trying to access outlook contacts. Do you want to allow access to this contact?" If I click "Yes", the code keeps going OK, but I don�t want to be pressing YES everytime... as I said, in other PC Outlook does not ask anythi...

trying to import contacts from another computer
I seem to have a mess on my hands. And I don't really understand Outlook, so please keep it simple! I have tried many times to import my contacts from another computer. When I try to select the destination, there are 2 personal folders in the hierarchy table both with complete sets of subfolders, including mutliple contacts folders and subfolders??!! Obviously, I have tried to import too many times! I can't seem to figure out how to delete the extra set and what the hierarchy should look like. Importing is never the correct way to transfer Outlook data. Thank you for demo...

Contacts index show not in English
We have contacts in both English and Chinese, usually we will have the index in contacts from 123, a, b, c ..... now it show all in Chinese. How can I fix it. Thx! You only have 1 index column? Is anything else in Chinese? If you have two, click on the little globe at the bottom of the index and turn the second off. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about ...