Constantly Synchronising Folders - only allows small attachemnts to be sent

Outlook seem sto be constantly synchronising folders and
this appears to be blocking any larger e-mail attachments
from being sent. Advice from the on-line Microsoft
suggests disabling the sychronising filter under the
synchronising tab under the righ click / properties drop
down menu. I do not get the synchroising tab on these
menus. I only get "General/ Home Page / Auto Archive /
Administartion / Forms". I ahve asked professional advice
but no one seems to be able ot help. My ISP allows up to
10MB to be sent. I am connected successfully to
broadband. There is nothing in any of the personal
folders apart form the item I am trying to send.

Help!!!
0
anonymous (74722)

Synchronizing generally refers to Exchange mailboxes & offline folders in
Outlook - are you using Exchange? Doesn't sound like it....
Have you got good antivirus software, kept updated regularly, and run a full
scan recently?

> Outlook seem sto be constantly synchronising folders and
> this appears to be blocking any larger e-mail attachments
> from being sent. Advice from the on-line Microsoft
> suggests disabling the sychronising filter under the
> synchronising tab under the righ click / properties drop
> down menu. I do not get the synchroising tab on these
> menus. I only get "General/ Home Page / Auto Archive /
> Administartion / Forms". I ahve asked professional advice
> but no one seems to be able ot help. My ISP allows up to
> 10MB to be sent. I am connected successfully to
> broadband. There is nothing in any of the personal
> folders apart form the item I am trying to send.
>
> Help!!!

0
lanwench (7567)

Exchange 2003 constantly looking at one domain controller
I have an old 2000 Domain controller that needs to be removed from our Windows 2000 Domain and replaced by a new DC. We also have Exchange 2003 Enterprise setup as an Active/Passive cluster. However, whenever the old DC is taken off line Exchange seems to hang and not respond until this specific DC is back online. My Current DC infrastructure is as follows: 5 Domain Controllers, two which are old and will be removed from service and three new which will remain. The DC that will be removed is running AD, DNS and WINS while the other old DC is simply running AD. All my clients and servers loo...

IMF, SPAM not the junk folder
hi, some SPAM seemed surprisingly not to be correctly sorted and stay in the inbox. to check that, I added the SCL column and those mail are SLC tagged 8. the SPAM limit is set to 3 on my IMF and in OL the SPAM check is to the max. what can be wrong ? OL2K3/SP2, Exch2K3/SP2, IMFv2 TIA, Pierre. IMF is a part of Exchange and the nice folks over in the Exchange news groups will be able to handle that one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After f...

Items not saving in Sent Mail folder / Public Activities
This one has a few moving pieces to it, so I will try to explain as best I can: Server: SBS 2003 w/ Exchange configured. Users: 12 Our client switched earlier this year from Goldmine to Exchange on SBS 2K3 in order to take advantage of the integration between Blackberry Enterprise Server and Exchange (not available for Goldmine.) Functionally, they liked much of what Goldmine offered, especially Shared Contacts and client communication history. In Exchange, shared contacts is a breeze, but keeping track of communication for shared contacts was a bit more involved. What we've d...

SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 getting error c103b405 when trying to access system folders
We are trying to setup some custom eForms in exchange for integration with a non-Microsoft Unified Messaging system. I am a part time admin - and about the 6th different admin type to have my fingers in these systems and so I have little information about previous actions ... thus my cry for help here! The steps are as follows: 1. Login as Enterprise Domain Admin 2. Start the Microsoft Exchange System Manager application. 3. Expand Administrative Groups >Folders. 4. Click Public Folders. 5. From the System Manager toolbar, select Action >View System Folders. This is wher...

IMF Archive folder
Hello, I am using Intelligent Message Filter on Exchange 2003. It works well but I find it takes me ages to trawl through the archive folder looking for things that shouldn't be in there. Is there a way of setting up Outlook or Express so that I can browse the archive folder more easily. At the moment all I see are names like ARCH_13234453454356.eml and I have to double click on each on to open it. Many thanks. "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8E71C00-2876-4E7F-929E-5EFED2B28593@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am using Intellig...

How to update sent items on IMAP Folder on server using Outlook 2003 ?
How to update sent items on IMAP Folder on server using Outlook 2003 ? My Inbox is updating but my sent items on IMAP Server are not updating, any idea please ? My Root Folder Path in IMAP E-Mail Settings is Blank. Best Regards, Luqman ...

Online folder view in Outlook
>From the bookm "Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers" by Sue Mosher I have found out that custom html-views of folder content can be created using something like: <object classid="clsid:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-000000000046" id="ViewCtl1" codebase=http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/ office/outlctlx.cab#ver=9,0,0,3203 width="100%" height="410"> <param name="Folder" value="\\Private folders\My Folder"> <param name="DeferUpdate&qu...

Money 2006 Small Business Invoice Credits
Does anyone know how to show a credit on a customer's invoice. In my business I sometimes have to show a credit, but I can't figure out how to do that without hand writing it on the printed invoice. Please help! ...

Allow us to set display order of child entities at side nav bar
Currently we are not able to set the order of display of child custom entities on the side navigation bar of the parent entity form. The future version of MSCRM should allow user to set the order of display of these custom entities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the m...

Search combined categories (as search folders) in Outlook 2007
Hello, Is there any way to make search folder use 2 (or more) categories for searching, using logical "AND" between them? I've tried using various advanced settings but the only result I got is searching with logical "OR". Example: Message #1: Categories: A,B Message #2: Categories: B,C Message #3: Categories: A,C What I expect is to create search folder named "A+C" which would contain only Mesage #3 but not #1 and #2. Now everything I've tried ended with getting all example messages in search results. Please help Regards, M. &quo...

Public Folders
We have migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have an email enabled Public Folders that have 25 or so email addresses(SMTP) that can accept mail. Under 5.5, we could add the "TO" column to our Outlook view, and then when opening the Public Folder, we could see the actual SMTP email address that the email came in under. Since moving to Exchange 2003, when we add the "TO" column, it seems to just display the Public Folder name itself--not the actual TO: address that the email address came in under. We had been using this address column to sort by, so it is ...

how to prevent sent items to be duplicated in the sent items fold
All of my sent messages in Outlook show up in the sent items folder in duplicate. How do I prevent that from happening? To make it less of a uessing game, how about telling us: version of Outlook type of mail store used Has it always behaved this way? If not, what did you do just before it changed? Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Bev" <Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DB0C3DA-4F3C-450B-BE32-E43DAF1B95F5@microsoft.com... > All of my sent messages in Outlook show up in the sent items folder in > duplicate. How do I pre...

Send as and Sent flders
I have a user who is using Outlook 2002 with exchange 5.5. She has 2 additional mailboxes and sends mail as the additional mail box users using the from field. The problem is that the sent item shows under her mailbox and not the user that she is sending as. Is it possible for the mail to display under the correct mailbox, or is this by design. Thanks It is by design, but there is an add-in named UniSent that could help: http://www.ivasoft.biz/unisent.html -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer www.ivasoft.biz "John Lynch" <john@kinetics.co.nz> wrote in message n...

Remotely browse folders on network
hello, I like the remote desktop, however, this requires the pc to be on all the time. Is it possible to just browse files on the server without a login to a computer? You do realize the Server will still have to be left on in order to browse files via UNC path? Try accessing the Server via \\servername (replacing servername with whatever your Servers name is), you may require login credentials in order to access directories. If I have missed the point completely please let me know. Thanks Matt "Pino" <.@.> wrote in message news:4ba93cf6$0$14118...

Moving files from Money Small Business 2005 to Money Plus 2008
I am having trouble moving files from my old computer (XP Professional) to my new computer (Vista). Anyone have any advise? I tried backing up my old files and restoring on the new computer, but it didn't work. I hope there is an easier way. Simply copy your Money file - ends in .mny - to a memory stick and then copy to your new PC but make sure you put it in the Documents folder. Then double click on the filename in it's new location and Money will start up and read the file. Vista has some strange ideas where data files should live and if you put the ..mny file in the Progr...

Sent Emails Not Being Saved In Sent Folder
For no apparent reason my installation of Outlook Express has stopped saving emails Sent in the Sent folder. Is there anything simple I should look for. I don't recall changing in settings and I do have it check in Tools, Options, Send to save a copy of emails sent in the Send Folder. Help would be appreciated. I have never experienced this one before. James Apparent file corruption, possibly due to bloating. Move most of your messages out of the Inbox and then create new Outbox and Sent Items folders after you move any messages you wish to save to a local folder you crea...

Dynamics GP should allow a choice to view obsolete parts
When viewing parts, in the item maintenance window or item inquiry window it would be great if you had a choice as to whether or not to view the obsolete and non-current parts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...

Office 2000
When I send emails out, I see them in my Outbox folder and then I hit the Send/Receive button and they do not appear in the Sent Items folder. I have checked the Tools/Options/Preferences/E-mail Options area and made sure that the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder box is checked. Is there something that I am missing? Thanks, Doug What view do you have set on the Sent Items folder? Unread messages? Change it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...

Forecaster should allow group approvals in Workflow
In Workflow, you can only approve / reject one cost center at a time - this is a very tedious task when you have multiple cost centers to approve. For the system administrator, this is especially tedious. I would like to see the ability to do this for multiple cost centers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader ...

How can I get "CONSTANT" behavior from a variable (Constant magic)?
running access 2k; And before anything else is said - "Yes, Virginia, I know you can NOT use a variable to set a constant (that's why it's constant)". BUT - my problem is - I want a constant, that I can set from a variable (one time)!!! When my application starts, the user is prompted to make a selection from a list. I want that selection to go into a global variable, and NEVER CHANGE while the application is running. This means that if the application encounters an unexpected error - this value is NOT lost. If the user wants to change this value, they should have to close...

Email not delivered when sent through web client
When attempting to send email to a certain contact via the web interface, the email bounces back. However, when I send the email through Outlook and track it through CRM, the email sends. Email also sends from Outlook without tracking turned on. Is there something different between the format of CRM and Outlook emails that I'm overlooking? This is the only domain that is not receiving email from our CRM system, so I'm fairly convinced they are blocking something within our CRM email. Any ideas? ...

How do I expand messages in Unread Mail search folder?
I use a search folder to identify unread mail that has been moved into nested local folders by my rules. Previously, when I displayed the Unread Mail pane, I would see all the unread messages in groups, with headers indicating their folder. Something has changed, and now the messages in each folder group are collapsed. I have to click on a little "+" box in the header to expand each folder's messages and make them visible. Where is the setting that controls the display as a collapesed tree? I would like to have the messages always display in an expanded form, and not have to m...

File -> Open -> Other user's folder grayed out
I have a user runnign Outlook2003 connecting to an exchange server. This user is unable to open another users folder (to which he has authority) but is unable because the option is grayed out. I have not found any other desktops that display this behavior. What part of the configuration could cause this? Thanks, Steve ...

Outlook 2002
Using Outlook 2002 I had Today set up with various folders. (Inbox etc.) Now when I try to access them from the Today screen I get "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." and in the address bar it shows as outlook:/./\Personal%20Folders\Inbox . If I manually change the address to outlook:Inbox I get all the messages. The same happens with any other folder in Today. I have tried customising the Today page by deleting then adding the Inbox but it doesn't help. Any ideas? Thanks JC -- Remove SPAMFREE to reply J C...

Unable to display folder #3
Getting this message periodically when clicking on the default folders of Outlook. Anyone ever seen this, or know what would cause it? ...