Connection to server in outlook

How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the server
could not be established".

Thanks
0
sovitj5 (2)

Check your server settings and use the Test Account Settings option.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, sovitj5 asked:

| How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the
| server could not be established".
|
| Thanks

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
2/24/2005 6:36:39 AM
I got the same problem, but I do not have access to the server and either way
the connection to any exchange-server is made by mistanke. I found this on
the net: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822508
Outlook (2003) terminates after the last msgbox and I have no methods of
changing any properties in outlook because of that. What to do? Do I really
have to remove the entire MS office system and re-installed?
I downloaded the latest service pack and other stuff as well on office
download, thinking that the article I refere to is from 2004 and MS should
have had plenty of time to fix the bug but in vain.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" skrev:

> Check your server settings and use the Test Account Settings option.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
0
Jon1 (137)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

cant start outlook pst file to large

Outlook 2003

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

How to restore entire server?

Reminders in Outlook

Outlook default to paragraph

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

Outlook OOF

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

Rendering iframe in an outlook message
what settings (is it security) do I need to make to outlook 2003 to enable it to render an iframe HTML in a message? ...

Outlook 2007 create background
it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in outlook 2007 !? Aloha ami, I wish that were true however...Tools | Options | Mail Format | Stationery and Fonts. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in > outlook 2007 !? > You cannot create new stationery for Outlook 2007, but you can create = new themes. In an open message, on the Options tab, make your changes = with the commands in the Them...