Connect Outlook with winxp SP2 to Exchange

I have a Windows XP computer with outlook connected to Exchange server 2003.
The computer is not part of the domain so a login screen apear everytime I
want to connect to the server.
After installing Windows XP SP2, I can't connect to the exchange anymore.
The login screen apears but It does not connect.
outlook web access on this computer does works with the same user/pass.

Any idea how to solve it ?

Thanks for your time
ra294@hotmail.com

0
ra2941 (8)

do you have the firewall enabled?

"ra294" <ra294@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Windows XP computer with outlook connected to Exchange server
>2003.
> The computer is not part of the domain so a login screen apear everytime I
> want to connect to the server.
> After installing Windows XP SP2, I can't connect to the exchange anymore.
> The login screen apears but It does not connect.
> outlook web access on this computer does works with the same user/pass.
>
> Any idea how to solve it ?
>
> Thanks for your time
> ra294@hotmail.com

0
me9698 (26)
8/17/2004 12:19:06 PM
Start Outlook with the /rpcdiag switch.  This should help you determine if
the hangup is trying to access the Exchange box or Global Catalog server.
Oh and while you are looking at the rpc dialog, is Outlook trying to connect
via HTTP or TCP/IP? (There have been changes in Exchange 2003 SP1 that
effect HTTP connections.  If the RPC proxy server isn't configured
correctly, you won't get in.)

>I have disabled the firewall and still it does not work.
> Any idea ?
>
> "me" <me@work.net> wrote in message
>> do you have the firewall enabled?
>>
>> "ra294" <ra294@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a Windows XP computer with outlook connected to Exchange server
>> >2003.
>> > The computer is not part of the domain so a login screen apear
>> > everytime
>> > want to connect to the server.
>> > After installing Windows XP SP2, I can't connect to the exchange
> anymore.
>> > The login screen apears but It does not connect.
>> > outlook web access on this computer does works with the same user/pass.
>> >
>> > Any idea how to solve it ?
>> >
>> > Thanks for your time
>> > ra294@hotmail.com

0
neoheart (690)
8/17/2004 1:25:23 PM
I have disabled the firewall and still it does not work.
Any idea ?

"me" <me@work.net> wrote in message
> do you have the firewall enabled?
>
> "ra294" <ra294@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Windows XP computer with outlook connected to Exchange server
> >2003.
> > The computer is not part of the domain so a login screen apear everytime
> > want to connect to the server.
> > After installing Windows XP SP2, I can't connect to the exchange
anymore.
> > The login screen apears but It does not connect.
> > outlook web access on this computer does works with the same user/pass.
> >
> > Any idea how to solve it ?
> >
> > Thanks for your time
> > ra294@hotmail.com

0
ra2941 (8)
8/17/2004 2:03:10 PM
I have started outlook with /rpcdiag switch. There is another window now:
"Exchange server connection status". I can see that is says the name of the
server and the status is "connecting...". What else should I see there ?

I have already installed Exchange 2003 SP1. I can see in the exchange server
account in outlook that "Connect to my excahnge mail box using Http" option
is not marked . Dose it mean I am connecting via TCP/IP ?

Any idea how do solve it ?

Thanks.
ra294@hotmail.com

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote in message
> Start Outlook with the /rpcdiag switch.  This should help you determine if
> the hangup is trying to access the Exchange box or Global Catalog server.
> Oh and while you are looking at the rpc dialog, is Outlook trying to
> connect via HTTP or TCP/IP? (There have been changes in Exchange 2003 SP1
> that effect HTTP connections.  If the RPC proxy server isn't configured
> correctly, you won't get in.)
>
> "ra294" <ra294@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have disabled the firewall and still it does not work.
>> Any idea ?
>>
>> "me" <me@work.net> wrote in message
>>> do you have the firewall enabled?
>>>
>>> "ra294" <ra294@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> anymore.

0
ra2941 (8)
8/17/2004 5:51:27 PM
You should see a server name flash through every so often.  (First step is
to Exchange box in order to get a referral to see who is going to handle the
directory service proxy calls.)  Right now I could fathom a guess that you
are making it pass this stage.

You might want to start by creating a new mail profile to see if you can get
the server and user name to resolve.  You also might want to pull out the
RPCPing utility and run some tests between the workstation and server.

"Ya Ya" <ra294@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have started outlook with /rpcdiag switch. There is another window now:
>"Exchange server connection status". I can see that is says the name of the
>server and the status is "connecting...". What else should I see there ?
>
> I have already installed Exchange 2003 SP1. I can see in the exchange
> server account in outlook that "Connect to my excahnge mail box using
> Http" option is not marked . Dose it mean I am connecting via TCP/IP ?
>
> Any idea how do solve it ?
>
> Thanks.
> ra294@hotmail.com
>

> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Start Outlook with the /rpcdiag switch.  This should help you determine
>> if the hangup is trying to access the Exchange box or Global Catalog
>> server. Oh and while you are looking at the rpc dialog, is Outlook trying
>> to connect via HTTP or TCP/IP? (There have been changes in Exchange 2003
>> SP1 that effect HTTP connections.  If the RPC proxy server isn't
>> configured correctly, you won't get in.)
>>
>> "ra294" <ra294@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have disabled the firewall and still it does not work.
>>> Any idea ?
>>>
>>> "me" <me@work.net> wrote in message

>>> anymore.

0
neoheart (690)
8/17/2004 11:02:31 PM
There are numerous entires in the discussions of cannot copnnect to the
exhange server where connectivity is clearly there (pings, other servers,
etc.) but I have not found any resolved.  I have the same issue - after being
able to synchronize with the exchange server last week, on Monday I was no
longer recognized.