Confused about Outlook deleting my emails

Long story short, old computer went down a week ago.  Got new one and am
using my Office 2003 software for the time being.  I am now using Outlook for
the first time in many years (for some reason Earthlink Total Access doesn't
work with Vista systems) and was going thru all the emails I had stored to
determine where to premanently store them on the new system.  These were all
listed in Outlook when I left for work 6 hrs ago.  Now all emails prior to
last Sunday are missing from the Inbox - over 400 - are suddenly not there.
The far right column shows the word None in it for all the lines.  Where did
they go and how do I get them back?

Thanx for any and all help!
0
pat6918 (191)

"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Long story short, old computer went down a week ago.  Got new one and am
> using my Office 2003 software for the time being.  I am now using Outlook
> for
> the first time in many years (for some reason Earthlink Total Access
> doesn't
> work with Vista systems) and was going thru all the emails I had stored to
> determine where to premanently store them on the new system.  These were
> all
> listed in Outlook when I left for work 6 hrs ago.  Now all emails prior to
> last Sunday are missing from the Inbox - over 400 - are suddenly not
> there.
> The far right column shows the word None in it for all the lines.  Where
> did
> they go and how do I get them back?

We need a little more information.  What type of account did you create?  Do
you have autoarchive enabled?  What far right column shows "none"?  What's
the column's label?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
12/19/2008 1:16:23 PM
It sounds like the computer at your work is either set to store emails
locally and remove them from the server when read thusly making them
inaccessible from other computers or your local computer has a filter set to
read only unread  messages.

Correcting the local/server situation depends in whether you are reading
mail at work via a POP account or Exchange.

With Exchange from the Outlook desktop you open Tools->Email Accounts->View
or change existing...->Next->Look at the lower left of the window under
"Deliver new e0mail to the following location" it should point to your
Exchange mailbox, not your personal folder.

For POP on the Outlook desktop you go to Tools->Email Accounts->view or
change existing...->Next->Change->More Settings->Advanced Tab->In the
Delivery area make sure the box is checked for "leave a copy of the message
on the server".

To check the filter on your home computer, right click the header of one of
the columns in Outlook.  The bottom choice in the drop down is "Customize
Current View..." select that one.  Next to the filter box it should say off.
If not click the filter box and remove any filters that are present.

Good Luck

Jim Smith
Lubbock Christian University

"Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Long story short, old computer went down a week ago.  Got new one and am
> using my Office 2003 software for the time being.  I am now using Outlook
> for
> the first time in many years (for some reason Earthlink Total Access
> doesn't
> work with Vista systems) and was going thru all the emails I had stored to
> determine where to premanently store them on the new system.  These were
> all
> listed in Outlook when I left for work 6 hrs ago.  Now all emails prior to
> last Sunday are missing from the Inbox - over 400 - are suddenly not
> there.
> The far right column shows the word None in it for all the lines.  Where
> did
> they go and how do I get them back?
>
> Thanx for any and all help!

0
jim.smith (9)

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Unable to delete empty database

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

invalid email address

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems