Configuring Outlook2003 for sync with Exchange

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A9C6.7BAC1600

My primary machine is changing from a desktop to a laptop next week.  =
What I'd like to do is configure Outlook so that I can "work online" =
most of the time, but when at specific times [manual selection, =
scheduled time, when Outlook is shut down], I'd like it to sync my =
calendar, tasks, email, contact list, and <if possible>GAL</if possible> =
so I can work while not connected to my network.

I am pretty sure I was able to do this with Outlook 2000 at a previous =
job a few years ago, just can't remember the extent I was able to do it. =
 I saw a synch option when viewing my inbox properties, but everything =
was disabled/greyed out (granted, I'm still on my desktop).

--=20
-AC
------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A9C6.7BAC1600

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 size=3D2>My primary machine is changing from =
a desktop to=20
a laptop next week.&nbsp; What I'd like to do is configure Outlook so =
that I can=20
"work online" most of the time, but when at specific times [manual =
selection,=20
scheduled time, when Outlook is shut down], I'd like it to sync my =
calendar,=20
tasks, email, contact list, and &lt;if possible&gt;GAL&lt;/if =
possible&gt; so I=20
can work while not connected to my network.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 size=3D2>I am pretty sure I was able to do =
this with=20
Outlook 2000 at a previous job a few years ago, just can't remember the =
extent I=20
was able to do it.&nbsp; I saw a synch option when viewing my inbox =
properties,=20
but everything was disabled/greyed out (granted, I'm still on my=20
desktop).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 size=3D2><BR>-- =
<BR>-AC</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A9C6.7BAC1600--

0
spam5118 (1)

Exchange Best Practices Tool 2.5
When I download it, it downloads 2.1...? when I go to do the upgrade from the products, it try's to install 2.1 again...? What happened to 2.5...? Tks, Tom... On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:45:04 -0500, "Tom K" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote: >When I download it, it downloads 2.1...? when I go to do the upgrade from >the products, it try's to install 2.1 again...? > >What happened to 2.5...? > >Tks, >Tom... > Its there. I had the same problem. Go to another machine that does not have the ExBPA installed and download it manually then ...

Loggin inot Exchange Server
Hello, I have a couple of different platforms WinXP and WIN2000 Why is it that some users click on Outlook and BAM! they go right in...while others launch Outlook and they get a "login box" to authenticate them to the exchange server ?? Thanks beause, for the users they logon dierectly to the server the have the "windows authantication" options seletcted. and for the other ones, they have "none" selected, that is whay it asks for the username and password. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > > >I have a couple of different platforms ...

where on Exchange 2000 do you set distribution size limit?
I have a client who wants to create a large distribution list. I know it's a setting on the Exchange server but where? thanks in advance! ...

Can't get outlook Items to Sync with Handheld
I recently made some changes with some of the software I was using o my handheld and PC using outlook 2003. As a result I can no longe get outlook to sync with my Hand held. It synchronizes the syste info as well as avantgo etc, but as soon as it tries to syn calendar,contacts, tasks, or notes it just hangs there and eventuall I have to use the task manager to shut it down. It does not create new log file or summary so that I can see what happened. Has anyon else experienced this and found a solution Ott Otto Wenger <owenger@mchutchison-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote: > I recentl...

Move Exchange to new server
Hello all Currently we have exchange 2003 sp2 installed on one of our 2000 DC\GC We have bought a new server that we will dedicate to Exchange only. After I move all the mailboxes, public folders, and system folders from the DC\GC\Exchange box to the dedicated server, can i then remove Exchange 2003 from the 2000 DC? If so could you please point me to the article on how to move exchange to another server, and how also how to remove exchange ? The dedicated server running Exhchagne will be 2003 sp1. We have 3 2000 DC in the forest that i will upgrade to 2003 Thanks Follow this artic...

Warning 1025 on exchange 2003 enterprise server
Hi Just today I saw a warning showing up in application log of my exchange server. I have exchange 2003 enterprise server with sp1. It is running on a dual processor server with storage connected to it. Since the upgrade from 5.5 (a month back) everything has been going very smooth. I tried to find a solution for this warning on Microsoft KB and eventid.net but cannot find the real cause/solution for 2003 exchange as all those Kbs are for 2000 or 5.5 exchange. The error exactly looks like this: Source: MSExchnageIS mailbox, Type: warning, category: general, eventid: 1025 An error occurred on...

How do I copy my calendar from Exchange to another?
Hi, My department is becoming a company of its own so we're getting our own Exchange Server 2003. We're currently on our parent company's Exchange 2000 machine. Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my calendar to the new machine? Thanks, Sam "Sam" <sam@globalwebcentral.com> wrote in news:OqAjOpW2DHA.1740 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my > calendar to the new machine? One calendar? Export it to a pst file and import it into your new mailbox. Multiple calendars...

Exchange 5.5 server -- edb.log files are filling my hard drive!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 and my hard drive is filling up with all of the log files. The server is in the process of completing a full backup and hasn't finished yet but I have over 1GB of EDB.LOG files at this point in time and am running out of disk space. The weird thing is that about a month ago our backups weren't working properly and we enabled circular logging to prevent this from happening. When I check the server properties circular logging is still enabled on the Information Store but I have over 200 edb.log files!! I also noticed that the earliest log file is from 6:00 P...

Exchange + ntbackup information about
I have a small reality with a SBS2003 server. This is my question: Ntbackup let me backup C: (drive where i have all... exchange included) but... if i make a backup of c: without stop exchange services can i damage databases (public and private)? I know I can use backup "store information etc etc..." but, if possible, i would can extract single exchange databases... Thanks in advance for answers... massimo On 13 Apr 2007 04:10:01 -0700, "massimo" <massimo.carradori@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a small reality with a SBS2003 server. > >This is my question...

exchange 2010 disk recommendation
Hi all, We have f/C SAN storage. We have exchange 2003 now with around 800GB data with RAID 5, lo on RAID 10, 9 mailbox stores, around 680 users, online mode. (no any limit set up here as it's not allowed. We are going to move to Exchange 2010. Will it still recommended that DATA and log on RAID10? or use RAID 5 for data and RAID 10 for LOG? Thank you. On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:00:01 -0800, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >We have f/C SAN storage. We have exchange 2003 now with around 800GB data >with RAID 5, lo on RAID 10, 9 ...

Exchange 2003 Load balance and cluster
We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? Oh yah. I guess my question is that if it is possible to run the laod balance and the cluster on the same two servers "Ashu" wrote: > We have two identical machines that we want to load balance and cluster for > exchange 2003. the load balance does not want to start. any reason why? No,does not support NLB and cluster on same machine! You should rub cluster with your exchange 2003! -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Ashu" &l...

Exchange Admin 5.5.
Hi, could anyone give me a hint where i can find informations about this error. I would like to connect to an exchange systems. I have the necessary permissions on this structure. I got back the error msg DS_E_Communications_Problem!!!!! Thanks for any help Cya Alex Perhaps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322051 On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 04:33:43 -0700, "Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >could anyone give me a hint where i can find informations >about this error. >I would like to connect to an exchange sy...

Disabling Connectors in Exchange 2000 and Exchange2003
Hi I am trying to disable smtp connector on my exchange 2003 server but i couldnot find the way to disable the smtp connector Regards Naren On 19 Mar 2007 05:05:33 -0700, narendhran.kannappan@gmail.com wrote: >Hi > >I am trying to disable smtp connector on my exchange 2003 server >but i couldnot find the way to disable the smtp connector > >Regards > >Naren What is it that you want to do that makes you want to disable a connector? ...

WPM syncs to device playlist not Library
When i form the playlist of songs i want synced to my phone, it goes through the sync process, there is errors like "server threw an exception" and " check your proxy settings". But even with that it says that all my songs have been synced, but on the right side of the sync page in WMP it shows them under Playlist, and the music is not in my phone library. WMp works on other devices, just not mine? ...

Outlook 2003: Configuring rules and syncronization for multiple accounts
have recently migrated from Notes to Outlook for corporate e-mail (Exchange server). I have been using Outlook for my personal (POP3) mail account for quite some time. I would like to be able to access and manage both accounts from one profile. I have created both e-mail accounts and added them under a profile I called "combined". Generally I have everything working, but I have a few problems that are driving me crazy. I need to accomplish the following: - All incoming e-mail for my personal account should be moved to the Inbox in my personal folder. - All e-mail sent from my ...

Exchange 5.5 relay Prohibited Auth checked
I have an Exchange 5.5 server. I have Rerouting open with Users and clients the Authenticate checked. It has been working fine for a year and now all of a sudden my pop3 users get a 550 relay prohibited error when sending mail. It works if I uncheck "users and clients that Authenticate". I don't want to leave it wide open. I know their user names and passwords are correct. What could cause this to all of a sudden stop working? What changed? Did you add or change a firewall? The reason I ask is that firewalls that do any sort of mail handling, where they accept then forwar...

Exchange 2003 and DC
I've just inherited a network setup where the DC and the Exchange 2003 is on the same box. I've built another box as an additional DC. I want to run dcpromo on the exchange server and make it a member server only. Are there any ramifications in doing this and how do I install the exchange connector on the new DC? TIA, Dylan Taylor Changing the role after Exchange 2003 has been installed is not actually supported. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Dylan T...

How can i configure entourage mail so that it is accessible outside office network as well??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Pls suggest how can i configure entourage mail so that it is accessible even when i am not in office network?? <br><br>thanks for the help. Hi, you use an Exchange account. You can therefore always log in via OWA (Outlook Web Access) through a web browser. If you use Snow Leopard at home, you can also configure Apple Mail to access your Exchange account. Alternatively, if you have Entourage 2008 on your Mac (any version except for the Home & Student Edition), you can also use E...

Outlook 200 and Exchange 2000
We have recently installed Outlook 2007 on a couple of workstations, and we're using Excchange 2000. Two things are happening that are causing problems: 1. All incoming mail is going to the Spam folder... even mail that the user sends himself. 2. Outgoing mail from this workstation being sent to *some* users is not being received... though outgoing mail sent from another workstation (running Outlook Express) *is* being received by those same users... so it doesn't seem to be a "blacklist" thing. Could it have something to do with the way Outlook 2007 formats messa...

Monitoring Users Mailboxes
As Admin, I have been asked to monitor a users mailbox. Our network consists of 5 domains (has 5 mailservers, with my main server retrieving the mail from our ISP and then distributing it to the other servers ). This user is in a different domain than I. My Outlook 2000 can't access the mailbox. I gave myself Admin rights to this persons mailbox. I have tried many ways to open the mailbox. I have logged onto the other domain from my PC and tried to configure Outlook to connect to the other domain mailserver but it always says it can't open the information store or there is...

Questions on Exchange Message
All, We have a user who received an email from other company. When he reply and sent the message, whatever he wrote in the reply message is gone. Even we can see the message was sent in a certain time. When I open the message in outllok XP, I can see the original content from the other party, but his reply was not in the sent message. Does anyone experience the same problem before, how can I prevent this happening. Thanks and have a happy holiday! WS This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C3B367.2DD0AE00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-88...

Outlook & Exchange, any better way to see original message with NDR?
We recently moved over to Exchange, and our users are complaining about having to open an NDR, and click "send again" to see the original message. The message is obviously there as an attachment, as it can be seen in OWA, but Outlook appears to hide the attachments solely on NDRs. Is there some option somewhere I can toggle to show the attachment in Outlook? (We're using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003) ...

admin rights to user accounts in exchange 2000
Before we upgraded to exchange 2000 from exchange 5.5, I was able to log in as any of my users inbox and other folders as long as I was logged in as administrator. When using OWA, I'd like to be able to log in as the administrator and then put the user name at the end of the line so that I can do it (example log on to www.mydomain.com/exchange using administrator for user name, then going up to address line and adding /user1 to the end) That no longer seems to work. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Thanks. Personally, I don't like admins who want access to users'...

Outlook will not login to Exchange 2k server
I'm running Outlook 2002 on a WinXP box, new build. The user is on a roaming profile and can log into their Exchange email from just about any other box. On the box in question, after logging into the domain successfully and running Outlook, Outlook keeps on asking for her login information again and says that it is invalid. The Exchange 2k server was an upgrade from Exchange 5.5 last April so I don't know if the Outlook is for some reason looking for the old Exchange 5.5 server somehow, but her profile works on other boxes. Any ideas? Thanks! Ken Wheeler kwheeler@netlink...

Mailbox "send as" rights in exchange 2003
When you give users "send as" rights to a exchange 2003 mailbox and these users reply to an email in the target users mailbox the email sent goes into the users mailbox who is doing the replying/"sending as" not the mailbox itself. IS there a way to get the mail to go the sent items of the mailbox owner not the user who is "sending as" sent items. Hi, have a look on: http://www.lucatec.de/mask This could be a nice solution for you. It is a small utility which automates certain routine tasks if you're working with a Microsoft Exchange Server and have se...