Configuring e@syfolder discussion group

We've started using e@syfolders in a Corporate or Workgroup environment.

I've been testing this with a colleague, and we've discovered a flaw in the
way we were hoping to use these.

We had hoped to be able to put Word documents in the DD such that individual
team members could update it with Track Changes enabled so that we could see
who had done what and when.

I got my colleague to open a test document from the e@syfolder DD on his PC
whilst I already had it open.  I then asked him to make some changes and
save it which was all OK.  I then made some changes from my PC on the copy I
already had open, but when I tried to save this Outlook wouldn't let me
because the file had been changed, presumably by my colleague.

Is there any way we can configure things such that only one copy of a
document can be open at any one time such that we don't overwrite each
others updates?

Or is there a better/easier way of achieving the same effect, with or
without e@syfolders?

--
Regards.

Chris.
Remove MAPSON to reply to me directly.

This post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily
accurately represent the views of BT.

What did the e@syfolders developers say? (What is the web address for them?
Google is drawing a blank.)

Word keeps open documents locked, so this message is expected, however,
since few (if any) of us here are familiar with them, you'll get better
answers from the developers of the program.

Have you tried Windows Sharepoint Services? It does versioning and should
handle it better.

"Chris Mitchell" <chris.a.mitchell@bt.com> wrote in message
> We've started using e@syfolders in a Corporate or Workgroup environment.
>
> I've been testing this with a colleague, and we've discovered a flaw in
> the
> way we were hoping to use these.
>
> We had hoped to be able to put Word documents in the DD such that
> individual
> team members could update it with Track Changes enabled so that we could
> see
> who had done what and when.
>
> I got my colleague to open a test document from the e@syfolder DD on his
> PC
> whilst I already had it open.  I then asked him to make some changes and
> save it which was all OK.  I then made some changes from my PC on the copy
> already had open, but when I tried to save this Outlook wouldn't let me
> because the file had been changed, presumably by my colleague.
>
> Is there any way we can configure things such that only one copy of a
> document can be open at any one time such that we don't overwrite each
> others updates?
>
> Or is there a better/easier way of achieving the same effect, with or
> without e@syfolders?
>
> --
> Regards.
>
> Chris.
> Remove MAPSON to reply to me directly.
>

> This post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily
> accurately represent the views of BT.

0
dianenws (1904)
1/26/2004 3:23:44 PM
It's not eATsyfolders, it's easyfolder as in Outlook/Public
Folders/Easyfolders/Team its just that MS call them e@syfolders and I didn't
remove the hyperlink that OE automatically created because it had an @ in
it!  Sorry.

We don't have SharePoint and it is extremely unlikely that we would get it
even if we asked very nicely.

Any other suggestions as to how we coudl do this.
--

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message

> What did the e@syfolders developers say? (What is the web address for
them?
> Google is drawing a blank.)
>
> Word keeps open documents locked, so this message is expected, however,
> since few (if any) of us here are familiar with them, you'll get better
> answers from the developers of the program.
>
> Have you tried Windows Sharepoint Services? It does versioning and should
> handle it better.
>

> "Chris Mitchell" <chris.a.mitchell@bt.com> wrote in message
> > We've started using e@syfolders in a Corporate or Workgroup environment.
> >
> > I've been testing this with a colleague, and we've discovered a flaw in
> > the
> > way we were hoping to use these.
> >
> > We had hoped to be able to put Word documents in the DD such that
> > individual
> > team members could update it with Track Changes enabled so that we could
> > see
> > who had done what and when.
> >
> > I got my colleague to open a test document from the e@syfolder DD on his
> > PC
> > whilst I already had it open.  I then asked him to make some changes and
> > save it which was all OK.  I then made some changes from my PC on the
copy
> > already had open, but when I tried to save this Outlook wouldn't let me
> > because the file had been changed, presumably by my colleague.
> >
> > Is there any way we can configure things such that only one copy of a
> > document can be open at any one time such that we don't overwrite each
> > others updates?
> >
> > Or is there a better/easier way of achieving the same effect, with or
> > without e@syfolders?
> >
> > --
> > Regards.
> >
> > Chris.
> > Remove MAPSON to reply to me directly.
> >

> > This post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily
> > accurately represent the views of BT.

adding multiple pages for a publisher e-newsletter/e-announcement
Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and so far they have all been a single page. Now, I need more room and was wondering if all I have to do is insert a page. Will all pages show up in an email of the publication or just the first page? (The computer i'm on right now won't allow me to send a publication as an email message, so I can't really check). Does anybody know how sending a multiple page publication as an email message work? lanosh wrote: > Lately I have been creating e-newsletter publications in publisher 2003 and > so fa...

Configuration
i am doing documentation for all the exchange servers. any tools or utility that generate list of all the setting and configuration? ExchDump http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d88b807d-964e-4bf8-9344-754892e9f637&displaylang=en -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uSp$FsOyFHA.664@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >i am doing documentation for all the exchange servers. > any tools or utility that generate list of all the setting and > configuration? > ...

duplicate e-mail in Exchange 2003
I attempted to added an e-mail address to a user and the message "This E-mail address already exists in this organization" is prompted. However, I check all users and groups, that e-mail address is not assigned to anyone or anywhere. However, I am able to send e-mails to that address and message tracking states that messages are being delivered to that e-mail address. I even try sending e-mail the checking to fine if the any of the mailbox increase in size and items. I read in a Microsoft KB article something about Exchange not recognizing that mailboxes have been deleted. Can&#...

CRM and Outlook E-Mail exchange
Hello, we have some problems sending mail between members of our domain. When employee A (using Outlook) wants to send a mail to employee B (who is using CRM) the mail arrives at employee B's Outlook Inbox and never appears in the CRM. I figure that exchange does handle internal mail differently, is there any way to treat internal mail the same as external mail and deliver it both to CRM and Outlook-Inbox? Btw, we don't want to use SFO. Regards Tobias Internal Mail won't be handled by the exchange connector since it could only listen on the external smtp port..... Possible so...

OE removes access to certain types of files on e-mails
Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook to NOT automatically remove certain types of files eg PDF, HTML, DAT files etc. Are they removing them or blocking them? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for ways to get the attachments off. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit forward on a message or disable it in tools | options | security. On 25 Apr 2004 02:07, "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook ...

Grouping on a report
I have a report with Group information. I want to group by the Group number. There can be multiple group numbers and I want each group number to have it's own page. I have the sorting and grouping set to group by GrpId. The Group on is set to Each Value, the Keep Together is set to Whole Group. My report is still putting more than one GrpId on a page. Any other suggestions? Thanks. add a group footer for the Grpid Close the Sorting and grouping dialog. In design view Set New Page to After Group for the group footer. Or in the group header set New Page to Before Group -- John ...

All Outlook CRM Tracked E-mails Copy to One Specific CRM Account?
An unusual occurance in CRM. All e-mails received to Outlookand then promoted, or Tracked as the button is now labled, are being copied to one particular Account that is unrelated. The e-mail are copied correctly to the history of the desired, defined, accounts and Contacts, but also copy to this one particular e-mail as well. As anyone seen anything like this and have any ideas what could be wrong? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM ...

Trying to configure exchange2k3 for POP3 access
I am pretty new to exchange so am running into a few problems here and there...this being one of them. Background --> On our network we have about 4 PC's that are still running windows 98, and because of the applications that run on those PC's they have to keep using windows 98. Since SBS2003 will not connect a win98 computer and therefore will not work with exchange. I suppose if I installed outlook2003 on them I could connect to exchange but some of those PC's are pretty slow and I dont know if they could really handle it all that well. A couple of them have outloo...

Grouping and printing labels
Using Access 2007. I have a very simple query with the following fields: FamID, FamName, StudLast, StudFirst, StudRoom, StudGrd I've previously created several reports based on this query, grouping on the FamID field, then sorting the students by their grade in the detail. Works just fine to pull into various letter-size documents. This is what I get: Page #1 Blah blah text FamName FamID 1StudFirst 1StudLast 1StudRoom 2StudFirst 2StudLast 2StudRoom 3StudFirst 3StudLast 3StudRoom Blah blah text Page #2 Blah blah text FamName FamID 1StudFirst 1StudLast 1StudRoom Blah blah t...

Sending e-mails #2
I use to be with PEOPLEPC but have recently moved and I am with a cable company called WOW. Their internet is called WOWWAY. When I create new email from Microsolf Word, my old profile from PEOPLEPC keeps popping up in the default to send from and the system no longer recognize it. Therefore, I cannot email from Microsolf Office. I need to know how to get my new Profile e-mail address in that default. My old e-mail profile is CHARLESHOLMES53@PEOPLEPC.COM; my new e-mail Profile is CHOLMES@WOWWAY.COM. Again, I need to know how to get my new e-mail Profile in the default. Cholmes <Chol...

OT: Google Groups not Threading
Notes on 25 May 2011 The "New Google Groups" UI does not thread correctly, but the old UI still does. From the old Google Groups UI there is a link to switch to the "new Google Groups" but I am not aware of a link to get from the new UI to the old UI. I just spent a few minutes trying to learn how to get back to the old google groups from the new groups .... and I didn't find a link to get there from here. The URL for the new UI looks something like this: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/�groupname� or https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/�groupname� https://gr...

E-mail GUID
hi, we have a problem with CRM E-mail GUID...We can create new e-mails from CRM Sales for Outlook but there is no GUID in the subject of emails...so we can't receive email replies from customers(because there is no GUID).... Is there any idea why mails doesn't have GUID's ? thanks tolga Did you properly install the CRM Exchange Router on the Exchange Server according to the steps in the IG? -Gary "Tolga" <tetci@pyazilim.com> wrote in message news:%23HP1uNfAFHA.904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi, > we have a problem with CRM E-mail GUID...We can create new ...

Viewing .pps attachments in e mail
I used to have Microsoft Office and could view any .pps file attachments in incoming e mail. My OS crashed and after re-installed OS system, I cannot find my Microsoft Office installation discs and now discover that I am unable to open these attachments. I downloaded the free Power Point viewer from the MS download center and could not get it to work. I found some info on how to fix the problem and now I actually get the PPS viewer program to open, but then I get multiple error messages telling me it cannot find the files "Documents", "and", "local&quo...

windows live e-mail problem
Just recently, I can't drag my e-mails from my inbox to my folders. How do I fix this problem?? I'm using Winsows 7 I'm having similar issues. I can't drag. I can't delete. When I try, I get the same error message "an unknown error has occurred". And I only have this problem with my MSN email accounts. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? "nittenkitten" wrote: > Just recently, I can't drag my e-mails from my inbox to my folders. How do I > fix this problem?? I'm using Winsows 7 On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:34:...

send receive e mail
i'm running outlook 2002 on win 98 o/s every thing works ok but i can not make it send and receive on it's own. in the options menu there is 2 boxes one is for "send receve" on start up and the outher is for "check every 2 min for new mail" no matter what i do it will ont receve by its self thanx for reading >-----Original Message----- >i'm running outlook 2002 on win 98 o/s every thing works >ok but i can not make it send and receive on it's own. >in the options menu there is 2 boxes one is for "send >receve" on s...

CRM 4.0 E-mail Router poll frequency
Hi, How often will the E-Mail router access the Exchange mailboxes being monitored? I waited for 15 minutes with 3 new message hanging in the inbox. I restarted the service and they all came in. The performance counter "Incoming mailbox access attempts" didn't move for the 15 minutes i waited. After a restart -- furious activity for a few seconds. No errors/warnings were logged to the event log. Can this be controlled somewhere? Thanks, Manso I have almost the same problem there can go up to 1 hour before the email is going trough the system. If you found a solution pl...

Bulk E-mailing
Any recommendations for an add-on that allows users to perform bulk e-mails based on criteria that span across more than one entity ? For example, give me a list of accounts that are classified A, in the steel industry and have ‘allow bulk e-mail’ set to true … then for those accounts give me every associated contact but exclude contacts that have ‘allow bulk e-mail’ set to false and exclude contacts with an invalid e-mail address … (btw, some of the fields I used are custom fields we have added, so the add-on would need to recognise custom fields and allow filtering on them). Thanks I...

All e-mails forwarded to CRM queue as activities
Hello everyone, I am having an odd issue with CRM, every e-mail sent from the Exchange server is forwarded to CRM to the accepted task queue. I just get an activity with "FW:OriginalTitle" where I can see the sender and not the content of the e-mail (thankfully). Has anyone else had this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ...

word as e-mail editor #6
I have OfficeXP standard edition 2002. The computer (a HP laptop) came with an unregistered copy of OfficeXP 2003. I have two problems which may or may not be related. The first problem is that I inadvertently clicked on Word 2003. The program asked for my product ID. I canceled out and loaded Word 2002. Now anytime I use my OfficeXP 2002 I get a message saying that this program has not been registered and requires a product key. THis usually happens when I close out of a 2002 program. I can still use 2002 but I always get the message asking me for the product ID key for 2003. The se...

grouping PivotTable items
Using Excel list to create a pivot table. Sometimes I Excel doesn't allow me to group a date field - saying "Cannot group that selection." If I delete this pivot table and create a new table, it will now allow the date field to be grouped. I didn't make any changes to the source data. What's the cause of this? It wasn't a problem when I was creating a pivot table manually, but now I'm trying to automate it within a macro, there's run-time error when it gets the group statement. this is usually symptomatic of a non date value being in the column of d...

group polciy not updating through active directory
Hi i am using windows 2000 server and active directory , i was trying to set up the proxy setting in active directory to limit the internet use by putting some exceptions websites that they can visit, it was working fine ealrier but now i am trying to add more sites to exception list and it dont work also other seetings seems stopped working as well. for example user can not go to internet options even when i change the policy to not configured, i try to install and use group policy management tool but no luckkk, please help me in this i am getting frustrated here... You need to ask ...

This security ID may not be assigned as the primary group of an ob
We are working on inserting data into CRM and getting the following error: Error Description: This security ID may not be assigned as the primary group of an object. Any suggestions? The BU & Security seems to match that of existing data. Thanks, Scott ...

Adding a organization wide e-mail disclaimer
I need to add a organization wide e-mail disclaimer. Can this be done in Exchange? If so please provide a link. If not, what third party software do you recommend? Cost will be an issue. This is for a non-profit. There is a free microsoft vb script that will create a disclaimer for SMTP traffic. Search microsoft's site for Q82699. I've applied it on our Exchange 2003 box and it works perfect! James "Tom Wall" <TomWall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDB0124E-16EE-4F5B-9C6F-E7F2C39A952E@microsoft.com... >I need to add a organization wi...

Can I merge old e-mail with new?
I have changed ISP from Roadrunner.com to Windstream.net. I would like to keep my Roadrunner E-mail due to the personal folders that exist. Is there a way to transfer or merge the old account with the Windstream e-mail? Just use the same PST file for your Windstream account that you used for your RoadRunner account. If you've already created a new PST file you can copy the messages from the RoadRunner PST to Windstream's PST. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The L...

Renaming "First Administrative Group" in Exchange 2003 Native Mode
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 in a pure 2003 native mode environment. I have two administrative groups, the first of which just has the default name of "First Administrative Group". I would like to rename this and have tried doing so by right-clicking it (from within Exchange System Manager) and selecting the Rename option. However, after I'd done this I found Recipient Policies weren't working, and when I rebooted the Information Store wouldn't start. I changed the name back to the default and rebooted, and everything started working again. Are there additio...