Configure email (Outlook 2003) to use HTTP proxy (NOT exchange server)

I have been searching through this newsgroup and others also, but I
just can't seem to find anything.

In my company there is an Exchange server but not a mail server. The
mail server is on the internet. So the employees use Outlook 2003 with
Exchange and email accounts.

We are installing a proxy server but as I looked at the connection
settings for email accounts the only thing I saw was:

-Connect using LAN

-Using Phone line

-Using Internet Explorers or 3 party dialer

Do I have to install some plug-in to give the proxy/firewall setting or
what?

Help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

0
mirton (1)

Still use the LAN option but in your browser, you will need to set the proxy
information on your connections tab.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, mirton@gmail.com asked:

| I have been searching through this newsgroup and others also, but I
| just can't seem to find anything.
|
| In my company there is an Exchange server but not a mail server. The
| mail server is on the internet. So the employees use Outlook 2003 with
| Exchange and email accounts.
|
| We are installing a proxy server but as I looked at the connection
| settings for email accounts the only thing I saw was:
|
| -Connect using LAN
|
| -Using Phone line
|
| -Using Internet Explorers or 3 party dialer
|
| Do I have to install some plug-in to give the proxy/firewall setting
| or what?
|
| Help will be appreciated.
| Thank you.

0
MillyS (3228)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

invalid email address

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

How can I use this expression "=SUM(RC[a0]:RC[a1])" work in Excel
I need to insert this formula "=SUM(RC[s0$]:RC[s1$])" in a cell such that the values a0 and a1 are variables. How can this be done? Please assist and advice. dim s0 as string 'I'd use long's dim s1 as string s0 = "3" s1 = "6" somecell.formular1c1 = "=SUM(RC[" & s0 & "]:RC[" & s1 & "])" funmi_Bash wrote: > > I need to insert this formula "=SUM(RC[s0$]:RC[s1$])" in a cell such that the > values a0 and a1 are variables. > How can this be done? Please assist and advice...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2