Configure email account to send only

Hi

I have intentionally setup one of my email addresses in OL 2010 for sending
only.

However to achieve this I have had to garble the incoming server details.
This generates a send/receive error in the status bar every time I
send/receive.

Is there anyway to prevent the error notification? As I have set it up this
way intentionally there is no fault but it wont allow me to leave the
incoming server details empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

I R

0
sorry (37)

Ian R wrote:

> I have intentionally setup one of my email addresses in OL 2010 for sending
> only.
>
> However to achieve this I have had to garble the incoming server details.

This is separate of creating a send-only account.  "Garbling" the
headers, whatever that means, has nothing to do with the accounts
defined within Outlook.

You'll have to explain why you have to mangle the e-mail in order to
make a "send-only account" because none of that is required in Outlook.

> This generates a send/receive error in the status bar every time I
> send/receive.

So is it during a send or during a receive when the error appears?  And
just WHAT does the error say?

> Is there anyway to prevent the error notification? As I have set it up this
> way intentionally there is no fault but it wont allow me to leave the
> incoming server details empty.

Don't know what version of Outlook you are using since you never
mentioned it.  If using Outlook 2002/2003, did you setup a send-only
account by using the following procedure?

- Tools->Send/Receive->Send/Receive Settings->Define Send/Receive Groups
- Select the send/receive group under which the account is included.
  o If you have never rearranged your accounts into separate groups,
    you'll only have the All Accounts group to select.
  o If you have defined more groups, it is possible an account may
    appear in more than one group.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the account under that group.
- You can separately configure whether that account will:
  o Be disabled (both send and receive are deselected).
  o Send only.    <-- THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT FOR SEND-ONLY ACCOUNT
  o Receive only.
  o Both send and receive.
0
V4521 (722)
8/21/2011 5:05:01 PM

"VanguardLH"  wrote in message news:j2rdqp$iha$1@news.albasani.net...

Ian R wrote:

> I have intentionally setup one of my email addresses in OL 2010 for
> sending
> only.
>
> However to achieve this I have had to garble the incoming server details.

This is separate of creating a send-only account.  "Garbling" the
headers, whatever that means, has nothing to do with the accounts
defined within Outlook.

You'll have to explain why you have to mangle the e-mail in order to
make a "send-only account" because none of that is required in Outlook.

> This generates a send/receive error in the status bar every time I
> send/receive.

So is it during a send or during a receive when the error appears?  And
just WHAT does the error say?

> Is there anyway to prevent the error notification? As I have set it up
> this
> way intentionally there is no fault but it wont allow me to leave the
> incoming server details empty.

Don't know what version of Outlook you are using since you never
mentioned it.  If using Outlook 2002/2003, did you setup a send-only
account by using the following procedure?

- Tools->Send/Receive->Send/Receive Settings->Define Send/Receive Groups
- Select the send/receive group under which the account is included.
  o If you have never rearranged your accounts into separate groups,
    you'll only have the All Accounts group to select.
  o If you have defined more groups, it is possible an account may
    appear in more than one group.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the account under that group.
- You can separately configure whether that account will:
  o Be disabled (both send and receive are deselected).
  o Send only.    <-- THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT FOR SEND-ONLY ACCOUNT
  o Receive only.
  o Both send and receive.

Hi Vanguard

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm using Outlook 2010 which you might have missed in the first line of my
message.

I cant seem to find any of the options you have referred to (for OL 2003).
This would make it easy to do and obvious but things have changed so much in
OL 2010 that I don't know if the same thing is possible.

To work around it I have simply left the "m" off the .com for the incoming
server so it cant login and this is what generates the "send/receive error"
notification with an exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle in the status
bar.  There is no option to leave the incoming server field blank

Maybe someone here knows how to set up a send only account in Outlook 2010.

Cheers

Ian

0
sorry (37)
8/21/2011 6:49:41 PM
After some extensive Googling I found the options I needed for Outlook 2010
here:

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/308

Hope this might be of use to someone.

Cheers.

Ian

0
sorry (37)
8/21/2011 6:57:26 PM
Ian R wrote:

> After some extensive Googling I found the options I needed for Outlook 2010
> here:
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/308
>
> Hope this might be of use to someone.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Ian

"You can open the Send/Receive Groups dialog by pressing the CTRL+ALT+S"

This is the keyboard shortcut (which I don't use and didn't check for
before replying).  This opens the "Send/Receive Groups" dialog that I
mention but without going through the menu navigation.  Yep, OL2010
changed the menus and became more wizard-like making it more difficult
to figure out where to find anything.  Somewhere in OL2010 there should
be a menu or wizard navigation to get to that same dialog as does the
shortcut.

http://www.addictivetips.com/microsoft-office/outlook-2010-sendreceive-overview/
(found in a Google search)

From the above, you start on the Send/Receive tab and then click on
Send/Receive Groups and select Define Send/Receive Groups.  So instead
of walking down through a menu, you click your way through the ribbon
bar.
0
V4521 (722)

testing account setting
After setup outlook 2002, (although I can send /receive mail with not problems) when I've try to use the test account setting to send a test mail. I get the follow message "Unable to send test message. Please verify the email address field. Do I have to create a message first before using this function? Any help to this puzzle would be great. Thanks to anyone in advance Regards Fidel ...

mortgage loan account
In setting up an account to track my mortgage, I want to assign the tax & insurance portion of my payment to another account ("Escrow" account) instead of an expense category. Then, when my mortgage company pays these, I will then expense it out of the "Escrow" account. Money doesn't show me any of my other accounts for 'transferring' to this account when setting up my loan payment splits. Help! Thanks. This is Money '93, by the way. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >In setting up an account to track my mortgage, I want to >assig...

Set up email accout in Outlook 2003
I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my email. How do I do this? do you have outlook configured to receive email from cox high speed or have alread done this? "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D86EB69-B86B-4A1A-808E-79AE12FA833F@microsoft.com... > I'm using cox high-speed internet and want to use Outlook 2003 to view my > email. How do I do this? Follow the instructions your ISP provides. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen" <Karen@discussi...

Password protect send button
Work in an environment similar to the CarreerBuilder commercial with the monkeys. Everyone thinks it's sooooooooooooooooooo funny to send Outlook emails from my computer when I'm not at my computer. Is there a way to in VBA to require a password before emails are sent ? Why can't you lock your PC when you're away from it? That's what I would advise. Leaving it unlocked invites just such activity as you've described and rightly so. You are ultimately responsible for all emails sent and received at work, if you leave Outlook unsecured how is it you would prove tha...

printing emails in outlook (2000/2002)
I am trying to find a simple way to print only the first page of an received email. I cannot seem to figure it out. whether the email is in html, plain or rich text, I cannot print only the first page. any ideas/tricks? thanks davit ...

Cannot compose email in html format only plain text
I have some sort of html problem as I can't insert text into any text boxes in explorer. I also can't highlight text and in outlook I can't enter text into an email in html format, however in plain text I can. I have installed the new XP sp2 update, I have used the detect and repair option in Outlook, I have tried running explorer from another pc on the network on my pc all to no avail. So I am guessing that it is a problem caused externally of explorer and outlook. And I have also ran a fully updated virus check. Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving ...

Testing new account
Hi Tod/MS tech support. This is a test to see if my account has been changed to managed group. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_13BD40A1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Kay, Your post is still not showing up. Did you change anything? If so it could take 48 hours to take affect. Also, if you don't mind could you post your company name, or the first part of your company name, so I can take a look to see if I see anything that may be causing the problem. If you don't want to post it here please contact Technical Support to open a support ...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

How do you pull up another person's email box?
After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up from my computer? Linda, From within your Outlook, select File, then Open, then Other User's Folders. You can take it from there I hope. Linda wrote: > After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up > from my computer? you can add it to your profile in tools, accounts, select exchange acct, Change button. More Settings button then add it on the first tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

email with an attachment
why does it takes a long time to open or sending an email with an attachments. It there any special setting in Outlook 2000. Thanks. ...

Configuring Outlook2003 for sync with Exchange
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A9C6.7BAC1600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My primary machine is changing from a desktop to a laptop next week. = What I'd like to do is configure Outlook so that I can "work online" = most of the time, but when at specific times [manual selection, = scheduled time, when Outlook is shut down], I'd like it to sync my = calendar, tasks, email, contact list, and <if possible>GAL</if possible> = so I can work while no...

Email Routing Rules
I having some difficulties with email routing in and out of CRM and I'm beginning to wonder if its working as designed and I'm wrongly assuming functionality that does not exist. We are using CRM 4.0 and have selected the email router option, we have not installed the outlook client (yet). If I create an email from within CRM to a client the email is stored in the case and/or client. If the client responds to this email it also ends up in CRM stored under the client and/or case, primarily due to the CRM tracking token. Of course I see this email in my outlook inbox, so I reply...

Online services
I'm trying to set up Bank of America for on-line activity, and I continue to get "Account setup unavailable". I'm able to set up other accounts, just not able to do BOA. Any ideas? Thanx in advance... I can't seem to be able to add any new accounts. Money is unable to retrieve the institutions list. It said to try again later but it's almost been a full day since it was working. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to set up Bank of America for on-line >activity, and I continue to get "Account setup >unavailable". I'm able...

multiple mail accounts/default and others
I have two mail accounts set up in my OL98/WinXP. I receive mail from both accounts but normally only send mail from my primary account which is also set as my default. But occassionally I will get mail on the secondary account (which is primarily an incoming mail only) that I want to reply to. But I find that when I reply to that incoming mail and then send/receive using that secondary (non-defualt) account the mail is not sent and remains in my outbox. But I've also tried to forward that message (rather than reply) and insert the reply to address in the to: field and use my primary (defa...

how to send a e-mail with a annex automaticly
dear all, how to send a e-mail automaticlly, and the e-mail is just like the following: 1. the e-mail be with a annex. which is done from the other systerm, the annex is PDF 2. different e-mail has different subject. 3. every e-mail has a normal main body. please help to answer above question. thank you and best regards. yini For creating an email see the CreateItem function. You can set its Subject property, add recipients to its Recipients collection, and add attachments to its Attachments collection. You can find each mentioned property in the VBA help file with...

Windows SBS 2008 domain purchase and configuration wiza has stoppe
when clicking setup your internet address in windows SBS console, i select already have a domain name and i will manage it myself. a few seconds later i get the error "Windows SBS 2008 domain purchase and configuration wiza has stopped working" the only choice is to close the program. What do i need to do to fix this error without reinstalling everything? Is your server up to date with all patches? In particular, SP2? -- Cliff Galiher Microsoft has opened the Small Business Server forum on Technet! Check it out! http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en...

Cannot view email
HI, I'm running outlook 2000 on windows 98se,we also have exchange server running from another server. I cannot open any email that I have received or sent. I have uninstalled and Reinstalled outlook 2000. I have stopped all services in the backround that I could. Everytime i double click to view(open) email the hourglass comes up and outlook freezes. What can I do next ,Gates ...

Alerts for IMAP emails
Is there any workaround to make IMAP emails give an alert in the same way that POP3 email does? Cheers ss. ...

Sending E-Mail through CRM Web
Hi, I have CRM 3.0 installed on one server, Exchange on another. During setup, I specified my SMTP server as the Exchange server. When I attempt to send an email I get an Invalid Association Error. I set the config file to show more details on the error and all I'm getting is "System.Web.Service.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request." The source error shows an unhandled exception, and the stack doesn't provide much help either. I found a KB article referencing this error that listed the cause as port 25 being blocked by antivirus software....

Duplicate email on Outlook 2003 SP2
Windows XP Pro SP2 Outlook 2003 SP2 I was getting email duplicates in Outlook on my laptop. So I went to my desktop computer (which does not have duplicate email), copied the Outlook.pst file (from directory below), and placed it on my laptop (replacing the original laptop Outlook.pst file with the desktop Outlook.pst file). C:\Documents and Settings\john\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst I fired up Outlook on the laptop. The laptop starts downloading email and creates duplicate email. The Outlook on both computers is set for Leave a copy of messages on th...

How do I get certificates to use to send from email addresses???
Everything seemed to go well in setting up email addresses in outlook. They tested fine and I have no problem receiving messages in outlook. The problem comes when I try to send messages .... and I've tried sending from outlook using each and every email address I've set up. This is the message I get: "Microsoft Outlook could not sign or encrypt this message because you have no certificates which can be used to send from the email address mpenza17@verizon.com." I've tried going to sites and downloading certificates. They don't seem to appear in outlook??? A...

email attachment(s) from query results
Through a series of forms and queries, my users select a list of pdf files that should be sent via email. This list might contain anywhere from 1 to 20 pdf's, and the actual files and number of files vary with each use. At this point, this list is emailed to someone who manually creates an email with the appropriate attachments. This is not a terribly efficient workflow. Already existing in the database, I have a hyperlink field containing the full path to each of the pdf files. What I'm looking for is some way for access to loop through the final query results, retrieve the...

SPAM and Junk Email
I've been wrestling for a while now with SPAM and Junk Email relaying through my Exchange 2003 server. I have made changes to the settings for both IMF and the SMTP connector. I've even been adding the domains these messages are coming from to the filters as well but they still show up and take up processor time. Is there a way, either a internal setting to modify, a registry change or 3rd party software to prevent this? Can you better explain what is going on? I don't think you mean "relaying" - if you do, then that's bad - Exchange 2003 doesn't allow an...

Accept incoming email
Howdy, We have CRM 3.0 setup on SBS 2003. Can I setup a single email account to automatically enter into CRM? like a general support email account to populate the queues? Thanks! David Lozzi Hi, Yes, you can. Create a mailbox. Create a queue. Specifiy the email address of mailbox in the queue. Run Rule Deployment wizard on the mailbox to receive emails to the queue. For details check out CRM Implementation Guide. You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uM...

Duplicate Emails
CRM users are receiving duplicated copies of outlook inbox email messages in their assigned folders. I suspect this has something to do with the CRM exchange router and the rules it has created. I have removed and re-applied the rule numerous times with no effect.... any ideas out there? Just a quick note , if you open outlook and click on tool ...rule and alerts , do you see some forwarding rules there ? /Aamir ...