Configure email account to send only

Hi

I have intentionally setup one of my email addresses in OL 2010 for sending
only.

However to achieve this I have had to garble the incoming server details.
This generates a send/receive error in the status bar every time I
send/receive.

Is there anyway to prevent the error notification? As I have set it up this
way intentionally there is no fault but it wont allow me to leave the
incoming server details empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

I R

0
sorry (37)

Ian R wrote:

> I have intentionally setup one of my email addresses in OL 2010 for sending
> only.
>
> However to achieve this I have had to garble the incoming server details.

This is separate of creating a send-only account.  "Garbling" the
headers, whatever that means, has nothing to do with the accounts
defined within Outlook.

You'll have to explain why you have to mangle the e-mail in order to
make a "send-only account" because none of that is required in Outlook.

> This generates a send/receive error in the status bar every time I
> send/receive.

So is it during a send or during a receive when the error appears?  And
just WHAT does the error say?

> Is there anyway to prevent the error notification? As I have set it up this
> way intentionally there is no fault but it wont allow me to leave the
> incoming server details empty.

Don't know what version of Outlook you are using since you never
mentioned it.  If using Outlook 2002/2003, did you setup a send-only
account by using the following procedure?

- Tools->Send/Receive->Send/Receive Settings->Define Send/Receive Groups
- Select the send/receive group under which the account is included.
  o If you have never rearranged your accounts into separate groups,
    you'll only have the All Accounts group to select.
  o If you have defined more groups, it is possible an account may
    appear in more than one group.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the account under that group.
- You can separately configure whether that account will:
  o Be disabled (both send and receive are deselected).
  o Send only.    <-- THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT FOR SEND-ONLY ACCOUNT
  o Receive only.
  o Both send and receive.
0
V4521 (722)
8/21/2011 5:05:01 PM

"VanguardLH"  wrote in message news:j2rdqp$iha$1@news.albasani.net...

Ian R wrote:

> I have intentionally setup one of my email addresses in OL 2010 for
> sending
> only.
>
> However to achieve this I have had to garble the incoming server details.

This is separate of creating a send-only account.  "Garbling" the
headers, whatever that means, has nothing to do with the accounts
defined within Outlook.

You'll have to explain why you have to mangle the e-mail in order to
make a "send-only account" because none of that is required in Outlook.

> This generates a send/receive error in the status bar every time I
> send/receive.

So is it during a send or during a receive when the error appears?  And
just WHAT does the error say?

> Is there anyway to prevent the error notification? As I have set it up
> this
> way intentionally there is no fault but it wont allow me to leave the
> incoming server details empty.

Don't know what version of Outlook you are using since you never
mentioned it.  If using Outlook 2002/2003, did you setup a send-only
account by using the following procedure?

- Tools->Send/Receive->Send/Receive Settings->Define Send/Receive Groups
- Select the send/receive group under which the account is included.
  o If you have never rearranged your accounts into separate groups,
    you'll only have the All Accounts group to select.
  o If you have defined more groups, it is possible an account may
    appear in more than one group.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the account under that group.
- You can separately configure whether that account will:
  o Be disabled (both send and receive are deselected).
  o Send only.    <-- THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT FOR SEND-ONLY ACCOUNT
  o Receive only.
  o Both send and receive.

Hi Vanguard

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'm using Outlook 2010 which you might have missed in the first line of my
message.

I cant seem to find any of the options you have referred to (for OL 2003).
This would make it easy to do and obvious but things have changed so much in
OL 2010 that I don't know if the same thing is possible.

To work around it I have simply left the "m" off the .com for the incoming
server so it cant login and this is what generates the "send/receive error"
notification with an exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle in the status
bar.  There is no option to leave the incoming server field blank

Maybe someone here knows how to set up a send only account in Outlook 2010.

Cheers

Ian

0
sorry (37)
8/21/2011 6:49:41 PM
After some extensive Googling I found the options I needed for Outlook 2010
here:

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/308

Hope this might be of use to someone.

Cheers.

Ian

0
sorry (37)
8/21/2011 6:57:26 PM
Ian R wrote:

> After some extensive Googling I found the options I needed for Outlook 2010
> here:
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/question/308
>
> Hope this might be of use to someone.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Ian

"You can open the Send/Receive Groups dialog by pressing the CTRL+ALT+S"

This is the keyboard shortcut (which I don't use and didn't check for
before replying).  This opens the "Send/Receive Groups" dialog that I
mention but without going through the menu navigation.  Yep, OL2010
changed the menus and became more wizard-like making it more difficult
to figure out where to find anything.  Somewhere in OL2010 there should
be a menu or wizard navigation to get to that same dialog as does the
shortcut.

http://www.addictivetips.com/microsoft-office/outlook-2010-sendreceive-overview/
(found in a Google search)

From the above, you start on the Send/Receive tab and then click on
Send/Receive Groups and select Define Send/Receive Groups.  So instead
of walking down through a menu, you click your way through the ribbon
bar.
0
V4521 (722)

Send mail problem
I have a small (3 computer lan) and am using outlook 97 on the networked computers. The system has worked fine for about four months but recently the networked computers cannot send email. The error: 'No transport provider is available to send to this recipient.' comes back everytime. I'm on DSL with sbcglobal.net and mail from the server works fine. TIA, Jim ...

Excel cannot open email program.
I often use "file.. send to... mail recipient" to send a spreadsheet as text in the body of an e-mail. I prefer that to sending excel as an attachment, since my recipients may not have excel and usually don't need to see formulas. On my new computer however I get the message "excel could not open the e-mail program" if I try the first option above. Both excel 2002 and outlook 2002 are working fine. I "repaired" office just to be sure. Still doesn't work. Only difference is that the computer came with a trial version of office 2003 which I don...

Receiving Blank Emails from Outlook 2003 User
Hi! One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get a blank one from her. Any clues? She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. PMD Is Out of Office turned on? Pascal Dorion wrote: > Hi! > > > One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an > email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get > a blank one from her. > > Any clues? > > She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. > > > P...

Email Messages disappearing
I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up to go to specific folders dependent on who sends it. Well, there are messages unread in certain folders it will have a number next to it. Well, I'll click on the folder and the number changes. Not one number but multiple. Like it says there are 5 messages in the folder unread, I'll click on it and then it says one and the other 4 messages are missing. I don't know what is causing this. Rachel rachel <rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my email (Microsoft Outlook on Microsoft XP) set up t...

storing all email
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have all mail received by an exchange server to be duplicated to a particular mailbox to be retained even if the user deletes the email from there inbox? you want to look up "Journaling"...what version Exchange? "Mick853" <mick853@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:idyde.41389$c24.949@attbi_s72... > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have all mail received by an > exchange server to be duplicated to a particular mailbox to be retained even > if the user deletes the email from there inbox? > > ...

Recover deleted email
How do I do this as I delted all of my email in error. Also, I am using outlook 2002 not outlook express. Thanks Anthony ...

email signature
I was wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I have with my email signature. When I reply or forward an email the signature is fine, but when I want to send a new message the signature has double spacings between the text lines. Can anyone shed some light on this? Cheers. Please post your version of Windows Live Mail. -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "dazza" wrote in message news:C25D4E2C-F872-4D41-81E2-B48819A10B35@microsoft.com... I was wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I have with my email signature. When I reply or forward an email the signat...

new emails don't show without clicking send-receive
new emails don't show without clicking send-receive button--and now I've lost the send/receive button. What do I do? thanks ...

How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in Outloook?
How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in certain folders in Outlook? I am in a discussion list for chiropractors and I save all the email messages in a folder in Outlook. I want to extract all the various email addresses from other chiropractors and save the list of email addresses in a word document. Thanks. Grady Add the addresses to your Contacts as you get them. Right click on each address and Add to Contacts. Export to an Excel spreadsheet. "Grady" wrote: > How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in certain folders in > Outlook? I a...

Cannot delete mailbox/email account from Outlook 2003
Hello All - I'm a systems admin at a company that use exchange server. Someone added a mailbox to an e-mail account, and it appears as a second mailbox in the folder list. The only problem is, I can't delete it. If I right click the mail account, select "close mailbox...", I receive the error that the mailbox is associated with an account, and to remove it I need to go to Tools, E-mail accounts, view or change, blah blah blah. If I go to that route, I can delete the Microsoft Exchange Server account that exists. However, in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following loca...

collect data via email
We're looking for solution to collect intake data from multiple agencies (not on network), and get into our (currently 2003) Access database. With 2007, the 'EMail data collect' facility - can that collect and insert multiple rows with 1 email - or each email/form processes only 1 row..? thanks! don You will send a mail asking the user either to update a certain row or add information to a new record. So in both situations you are tied to single row processing... Secondly you have two options to choose from. Plain html which will present the user with a html emai...

the font changes colour on emails I send
I am sending an email and the font looks correct. When the recipient receives it some of the text is bright green. It doesn't happen on every email but when it does, it is only on part of the text. ...

Outlook 2003 / Microsoft Office Connector / "locked" email address
Upon initiating Outlook 2003 for the first time, the Microsoft Office Connector box pops up. Now because the first time I entered the email address, I was not thinking and put the wrong "recognized" emial address in the box. Now I am unable to insert the correct sign-in email address. It is "grayed" out and I can't seem to change it, thus is not a recognized no matter what I do. This has totally shut me down on using Outlook 2003. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times now with the same results. Please. I am desperate. Thank you. -- Musoswish Control...

Printing Email in Outlook from Publisher
We are sending a publisher document as an email message. When it arrives in Outlook and we try to print the email, it elects to become hundreds of pages except it is only 5. Thank you. ...

Default accounts are not displayed
My client is using a dynamics version 7. When they are using their cash receipts, the default account defined in the checkbook ID is not used as the default debit account. Instead, it always displays account not found. But when I checked the setup of the checkbook ID, the account is defined. And the account is existing in the account maintenance. Can someone help me on this problem? Hope to have a reply... Thanks... Look at the customer card->accounts to see where the cash account is pulled from. It might be pulling from the customer card rather than the checkbook. Visit us at ...

continually getting send/receive errors using outlook 2002
Does anyone know why I am continually getting send/receive errors when trying to send an e-mail. I can receive e-mails from virtually anybody that is not blocked by Norton Anti-Spam(Norton Internet Security 2005). My account is a pop3 account with the 'Orange' mobile phone network, therefore it has an '@orange.net' address. I have tried 'repairing' outlook from add/remove programs - this did not fix the problem. Neither did uninstalling and re-installing (also from add/remove programs) this time it only allowed me to send a test e-mail to my '@aol.com' ad...

How to send hyperlink
When I try to send a link to a web page through OE it always goes as an attachment instead of simply becoming a blue clickable hyperlink in the body of the email. It didn't use to do this......Help? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to kee...

Importing Pegasus Email into OUTLOOK
I have recently converted my email to OUTLOOK 2000. Previously I had been using Pegasus. Are there any tricks or patches to importing those emails into OUTLOOK? Pegasus nor Eudora are listed as one of the import options. Thanks in advance, CAH Check this page for information on importing from other programs: http://www.slipstick.com/config/olimport.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "CAH"...

Sending PDF's
Each month using MS Publisher 2003, I produce a 16 x A5 page church magazine using the 'Booklet' set up, and the paper magazine is printed onto eight A4 pages. I now wish to send an emailed PDF version to folk who live away and who don't have Publisher. Obviously if I convert this 'booklet' produced file to a PDF using PrimoPDF, I get page 1and page 16 together, the p2 & 15, etc. Obviously I'd like the recipients of the PDF get the pages in the right order. My method, so far, is to make a duplicate of the original 16 page document, change the 'Booklet...

Email templates howto thread
hi, is the orginal poster still emailing the howto around? if anyone has it could they please send it to me or if the original poster doesnt mind maybe we could up it to some webspace to save him the trouble of emailing everyone? thansk ...

Duplicate Emails? #2
Outlook 2003...; Win XP Home...; Norton Anti-virus 2003; SpamBayes 1.0.3 I've posed this question before without resolution but it's getting worse so here it goes. This problem does not happen all the time but enough (10%) to make it a real nuisance. Occasionally people have told me that emails I send them may be coming through in duplicate on their computers. Occasionally some emails that I receive come through in duplicate or even triplicate. When I access my email via the web based portal there are no duplicates so I know the problem is on my end. In past discussions people hav...

Account locked out after 1 try
Hi! I do not know what's happening, but my password policy is by 3 tries. When I try to access my mail via Outlook my account get locked out after the first bad password entry. If I try to access via OWA there's no issue. Please help me! ...

Configuring outlook on a xp Client
Hello, I need to configure a Windows XP outlook Client for using Exchange Server, whe I try to do it The proper screen to set user,domain,etc doesn't appear. but the screen to configure for internet does. Best Regards rigoberto.vera@saint-gobain.com ...

Flexible Spending accounts / Paychecks
Does anyone have any suggestions with FSA's? Specifically: I created accounts to accrue the FSA deductions and put pretax-deductions transfers to those accounts in the paycheck: These are registered in my Monthly Income and Expenses report as Transfers (FSA - Childcare & FSA - Healthcare). When I submit for reimbursement I want to transfer that money out of the accrual account (currently an Asset account) into Checking, for instance. Suggestions to make sure I'm not overstating income in my reports? Thanks, kevern Sound like how I do it without any adverse side effects. &...

How do you stop text size increasing in email replies?
I am a new Outlook user and finding it rather frustrating that every time I reply to an email and whenever the recipient responds to me, the text size in each email going back in the email trail gets larger and larger. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? ...