concurrent instances (or profiles) of outlook

Hi, Is it possible to have two instances of Outlook
running at the same time?  Or maybe have two Outlook
profiles accessable at the same time?  I have two mail
accounts and want to keep them seperate and want to use
Outlook for both.  But I don't know how so right now I'm
using Outlook Express for one and Outlook for the other.

Thanks for any advise,
Rob

0
anonymous (74722)

No, you cannot run 2 instances of Outlook nor can you have 2 profiles open
at the same time.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rob Wilbanks asked:

| Hi, Is it possible to have two instances of Outlook
| running at the same time?  Or maybe have two Outlook
| profiles accessable at the same time?  I have two mail
| accounts and want to keep them seperate and want to use
| Outlook for both.  But I don't know how so right now I'm
| using Outlook Express for one and Outlook for the other.
|
| Thanks for any advise,
| Rob

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Imported 'Sent Items' from Outlook Express appears to be empty
I just migrated from OE6 to Windows Live Mail. I have always stored a LOT of messages in my inbox and sent items folders. Don't know if this is causing a problem. Everything seems to have gone well with my installation and imports from OE6, except that my 'Sent Items' are not showing up. If I try to re-do the import, it says that it has been done. The inbox items were successfully imported from the .dbx file; the problem seems to be primarily with the 'sent items'. (The .dbx file in my OE folder is just over 2GB.) I don't want to start using Windows Live M...

Outlook backups #2
I am trying to find out some information about outlook backups. I was under the impression that with Outlook 2003 you no longer have to close down outlook to do the backup. But I was just told by a friend that that is not true the .pst files are locked and you still can't back up no matter what software you use unless outlook is closed. Does anyone know of software that will backup outlook even if it is opened or possibly will close outlook before it backs it up? Thanks Philip There are 3rd party utilities that do this. But Microsoft produced a little addon to for personal folder ...

Importing Addresses/Contacts from Outlook 2000 to 2002
ok...I have a new laptop running Windows XP, and Office 2002, including Outlook 2002. My old laptop is running Windows 2000. I have reinstalled Windows 2000 several times on many machines, and each time all I have had to do was replace outlook.pst on the new install with my back- up'd version, and everything worked fine. Now on my XP machine, I did the same thing (overwrote the existing-new outlook.pst) by putting my old outlook.pst file from Windows 2000 into the proper location on my new (XP) laptop. EVERYTHING worked perfect (old email is all there, Contacts show up, folders...

Outlook print size
When I print e-mails from outlook express to my HP deskjet, the print size is extremely small. How do I increase the size of the print? ...

trouble doing sync between outlook and hotmail
error message reads: A connection to the server could not be established. http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp is now in offline mode. any help would be much appreciated -- Tony Kantor How long have you waited to see if Hotmail is hiccupping? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, tonykantor asked: | error message reads: | A connection to the server could not be established. | http://services.msn.com/svc...

Outlook Express #11
When I shut my computer down, my email settings are lost. I have to reinput them to recieve email. Anyone had this problem? Know the solution? ...

Outlook 97 Lost Calendar
After replacing my crashed hard drive, I reinstalled Office including Outlook 97. Can I recover my old calendar data? What file(s) would hold the old calendar data? I can recover data from the crashed hard drive using data recovery tools, but I don't know which files to recover to bring the old calendar data back into the freshly reinstalled Outlook 97. I have brought contact data back in from a backed up file. Depending on the source of your Outlook mailbox, if your calendar wasn't online, it may have been stored in a *.PST file. From Outlook, import any PST files you find ...

Receiving Blank Emails from Outlook 2003 User
Hi! One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get a blank one from her. Any clues? She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. PMD Is Out of Office turned on? Pascal Dorion wrote: > Hi! > > > One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an > email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get > a blank one from her. > > Any clues? > > She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. > > > P...

Outlook 2007 Object could not be found error
We have a user who is a delegate on 10 other users in Outlook 2007. The user has been provided editorial rights to modify and create appointments on the client’s Outlook. She is able to manage and create appointments on 7 of the 10 clients, but the other 3 come up with an “Object could not be found” error. The user can set up meetings fine in her mailbox as well as when creating appointments for other. It’s just the 3 users that are causing the problem. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated. JoeP ...

Printing Email in Outlook from Publisher
We are sending a publisher document as an email message. When it arrives in Outlook and we try to print the email, it elects to become hundreds of pages except it is only 5. Thank you. ...

Finding Contacts in Outlook 2003
I have a client whom I recently switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. In Outlook Express he was able to create a new e-mail message and search the address book for recipients based on e-mail addresses or portions thereof instead of by name. In Outlook 2003 he cannot duplicate this type of search. I have tested this behavior in Outlook 2002 and I, too, cannot find and add contacts to an e-mail message by anything other than name. Is it possible to duplicate the find behavior of Outlook Express in Outlook 2003 or is there a work-around that will do so? Bob N. it works for me an...

Outlook -> SMS in the UK
Hi, I'd like to add a rule to my inbox, that will send an SMS to my mobile when particular e-mails arrive. There seems plenty of US add-ins that will do this, but I've yet to find something in the UK. It seems easy enough to find stuff that will let you send an SMS via Outlook, but only interactively, not via a rule. I use Outlook 2002 on XP Pro, and my SMS provider is O2. Many thanks for any help Regards Nigel ...

Sync Issues in Outlook 2007
I am running Office 2007 cached mode on Windows XP connected to an Exchage 2003 server. I have a users who's Outlook shows as "connected to Microsoft Exchange" yet the last sync date was from hours ago and it actually has updated during that time. Any ideas why the Sync time is incorrect? Send/Receive button does nothing (F9)but the Send/Receive This folder (shift + F9) will force it to sync. It is set to auto receive every 5 min. ...

Office updates changing Outlook settings?
Hello, Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when doing Office updates? Thanks, Jerry Jerry, Which settings were changed, can you be more specific please. I have not seen where doing a general Office Updates changes the standard settings. -- Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook "Jerry" <jerrypav456@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:upt1139gpu6vjvgelcc72gstnq2rjjfj1i@4ax.com... > Hello, > > Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when > doing Office upd...

outlook calander #5
I know Vista has a calendar that can be used for events and will show events when do. I have set outlook calendar as the default so will events show up when vista loads or just when outlook is open? It would make more sense if it showed events when vista loads since it's the default calendar than just when outlook is opened. Outlook must be open to function. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Gh...

Outlook problem #33
I for some reason have two personal folder files and two archive files? Reason? do I need two and how do I get rid of them? Thanks PaulaDawn <blah@blah.net> wrote: > I for some reason have two personal folder files and two archive > files? Reason? do I need two and how do I get rid of them? > Thanks You could have a corrupt mail profile. Check the properties of the matching folders files to see if they are distinct or not. I ao, then you can continue to use whichever of the PSTs you wish. If not, then create a new mail profile. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2003 not closing #2
When I'm done reading and sending mail I close Outlook (It's version 2003, running under Windows XP) using the 'Close' button. After going through a day of opening, checking and answering mail and then closing when done, I've noticed that Task Manager shows multiple copies of OUTLOOK.EXE running. None of them seem to be taking CPU resources, but they do have memory assigned. During the day, I don't notice any error messages. Everything seems to be working fine. There are no clues to indicate that something hasn't closed until I try to re-boot the PC. Th...

Outlook won't shut up.
I've got a plugin for outlook that needs to access outlook contacts. Problem is every time I start Outlook I get a warning saying that another program is trying to access contacts. The options only allow me to grant access for a max of 10mins. How do I grant permanant access to get rid of the constant warning? CWatters <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> wrote: > I've got a plugin for outlook that needs to access outlook contacts. > Problem is every time I start Outlook I get a warning saying that > another program is trying to access contacts. The options only allow >...

Import Vista Winmail into Outlook 2007
Please advise how I can import Vista WinMail emails and contacts into Outlook 2007? Thanks Malcolm Both apps need to be installed & configured on the same PC Export msgs from Mail to Outlook In OL Import Contacts (Though you may have to export Mail contacts to a scv file, then import that into OL) "Buchanan Family" <buchann@iimetro.com.au> wrote in message news:245F49C7-A7B1-455B-9E12-33CA1372C66E@microsoft.com... > Please advise how I can import Vista WinMail emails and contacts into > Outlook 2007? > Thanks > Malcolm > All works, Thanks Malcolm ...

Cannot delete mailbox/email account from Outlook 2003
Hello All - I'm a systems admin at a company that use exchange server. Someone added a mailbox to an e-mail account, and it appears as a second mailbox in the folder list. The only problem is, I can't delete it. If I right click the mail account, select "close mailbox...", I receive the error that the mailbox is associated with an account, and to remove it I need to go to Tools, E-mail accounts, view or change, blah blah blah. If I go to that route, I can delete the Microsoft Exchange Server account that exists. However, in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following loca...

Importing messages from Outlook 2003 into 2000?
I have Outlook 2003 on my computer at work and Outlook 2000 on my computer at home. I would like to move some messages from my work to my home machine. Unfortunately, Outlook 2000 doesn't seem able to understand the .pst files generated by Outlook 2003. Is there any way around this? Colin Make sure you create and copy items into a legacy (Outlook 97 - 2002) pst file. See File | New | Outlook Data file. Pick the Outlook 97 - 2002 type. Copy items form mailbox to this new pst. Close it when done (right click on personal folders and select close/disconnect.) "Colin Caulkins&...

Outlook 2002 unable to pull mail after few hours of activity
The Outlook program after running few hours suddenly reterning the error (0x80042108) 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incomming POP3 email server... This error is on my 4 different internet supplier accounts. The only way I can receive e-mail again is to restart the PC. Any suggestion how to fix this problem? Thank you in advance. John Ross ...

news/outlook bar, opens a folder rather than news?
Just happened today. I have newsgouprs in my OL 2003 bar, when I click on it opens a folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 rather than my news, suggestions on how to remedy this? thanks Think I have it fixed, thanks "Bruce Leavitt" <Notthis1@noidea.com> wrote in message news:O$BkIGB9IHA.2336@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Just happened today. > I have newsgouprs in my OL 2003 bar, > when I click on it opens a folder C:\Program Files\Common > Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033 > > rather than my news, suggestions on how to remedy this? > thanks ...

Excel starting multiple instances of IE
Hi, How do I prevent excel starting a new instance of internet explorer whenever I click on a hyperlink in a spreadsheet. I have a spreadsheet with 3000+ rows. Each row has a cell with a hyperlink, so the instances of IE can build up very quickly. The IE/Advanced option "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" is ticked, but does not appear to have any effect. Paul that feature would only work on a shortcut already displayed in IE Only workaround is to convert the spreadsheet into Word then Save As html then open that file in IE. That would work... "Paul Hodges" ...