Computer crashed, how do I get emails back?

My computer drive had to be reformated Sunday night with no option to get
information off of it.  What happened to all my emails?  Are they downloaded
to my computer and therefore gone?
0
Bringer (1)

"Light Bringer" wrote in message
> My computer drive had to be reformated Sunday night with no option
> to get
> information off of it.  What happened to all my emails?  Are they
> downloaded
> to my computer and therefore gone?

Depends on the e-mail account type.  If POP, yes.  If IMAP, no.

If you don't execute regularly scheduled backups then you have deemed
your data as trivial or reproducible.

0
V4521 (722)
3/4/2008 2:45:37 PM
Depends.
How do you check your email?
Outlook? Outlook Express? Internet Explorer or other internet browser?

"Light Bringer" <Light Bringer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer drive had to be reformated Sunday night with no option to get
> information off of it.  What happened to all my emails?  Are they
> downloaded
> to my computer and therefore gone?

0
John

Problems with creating a newsletter

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Getting the BCC field by default.

Sending Email #6

Getting rid of selection

Workplace Queues

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...

Recurring email #2

Outlook 98 Crashes in Windows NT
I have a few Windows NT machines that Outlook 98 crashes on with a Dr. Watson error - almost always when the user is typing an e-mail. I have tried re-installing, creating a new outlook profile, and replacing various files related to Outlook 98, but nothing seems to work. It is very important to note that I have many other users who have Windows NT and Outlook 98 on our network that do not have a problem at all. Can anyone decipher the Dr. Watson error message below? Thanks in advance. Microsoft (R) Windows NT (TM) Version 4.00 DrWtsn32 Copyright (C) 1985-1996 Microsoft Corp. All rights r...

Out of Office
I have a problem when I try to set up my "out of office" message. I use Outlook 2003 and have XP Professional. I do not have an exchange server so I have to emulate it - which I did. So.........when I leave for vacation, I have to leave my computer on and Outlook running to have the "Out of Office" message sent to any incoming emails. This seems crazy to me. I run a small business from my home - so what happens if the power goes off on the first day of vacation - then I have no out of office message going to clients. Is there any way around this?? Thanks in a...

Please bring back the Great Plains palettes and push pins!!
The palettes and push pins really save a lot of time, please give people the option of using them again. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=df605a62-9af0-41be...