Composing in Plain Text for Specific Accounts

Is it possible to configure Outlook 2003 to automatically compose email
messages in plain text for specific accounts?

Regards,
Kevin

0
zolk (2)

what do you mean by accounts? contacts? profiles? You can
only set a default for each Outlook profile...  When
replying, Outlook will automatically reply in the same
format it received in instead of the default setting...
there is not an option though to make it choose one
format over the other depending on whom you choose to
send it to...

0
joe.varga (8)

Will not print exactly as print prviw, skps text, prints on eithr
And it didn't show up in the body of your post either. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:09:01 -0800, "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

RMA Accounts
Hi Is there any way out where we can specify the accounts distibution for RMA. The purpose is it should not mix with orginal inventory. Thanks Asma ...

Different text selection
Probably a stupid but... I created a newsletter from a template. When I select some text (e.g. the headlines & sample "stories") the whole item is selected as a block, which can be dragged to a new area, but not altered (except by being overwritten). How is this created? as opposed to ordinary text, which is selectable character by character. Chris how about you tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using, and which Template? We are good, and some of us very good, and a few are excellent, but hell, our crystal balls cannot cope with the workload. -- B...

Project accounting and Intercompany
Suggestion: The General Ledger distribution screens in Project Accounting should allow for intercompany transactions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7f6ca...

highlighting specific records
I have a table that lists employees by their hire date. Is there a way to highlight only the employees who have worked for less than one year? There is a form that uses the list from a drop-down box. I would like to be able to see those employees highlighted in a different color when they are selected. Are you trying to do this directly in the table? If so, stop now! Access tables are NOT spreadsheets. Have you looked into using a query to return only those in which you are interested? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have...

Count cells that Contain text
Is there a way in excel to count the number of cells in a colum tha contain a specific piece of text, e.g. "ACT" I know that I can use the countif or sumproduct functions to coun cells which *only* contain "ACT" but I need to count the number o cells in a column which countain ACT but may also contain other text a well. You can manually do it using autofilters but I need to count it using formula. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ta And -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(Range,"*ACT*") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private...

Converting Number To Text
Dear all, I'm trying to do a INSERT TO consult... and in my table 1 I have this field 200702 - the format in text (it means year 2007 month february). Now I need to sum for example 1 month and include it in the same table... But now this is a number field... How can I transform it in text again? Thanks a lot!!! Andr=E9. ...

Determining the month name base on text in a cell
I've got a cell (A1) with the following contents. 9/1/2005 To 9/30/2005 This cell will always contain from the first to the last day of the month. However, the month will obviously vary. I'm trying to come up with a formula in which the result would return the month name that is being referred to by the cell contents. In this case it would be "September". Any ideas? Thanks, Paul one way of several =TEXT(VALUE(LEFT(C2,FIND("To",C2)-3)),"mmmm") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "PCLIVE" <pclive@livenet.net> wro...

Mailing from current account
I have several email accounts. Two Hotmail, two IMAP and four POP3 addresses. Whenever I press New Mail, whichever account I am in, the email is to be sent from my default POP3 account. I have to manually choose the account that I intend to use. Sometimes I may forget to do this. This causes problems for me as people reply to an account that I am not expecting them to reply to. Is there not a way to make the email from address become the account that I may currently be browsing within? Outlook Express can do this. Sorry I haven't described this very eloquently, but I hope thi...

Changing column size w/o losing text
I am trying to change column width at the bottom of my worksheet (i.e. row 15), but then it also changes the column width in row 1 - my title which I have set at a larger font, then I lose the text in my title. I can I lock certain cells in same column so that it won't change other cells width? Thank you for any help you can give me. Carrie As implied by the term "column width", width is a property of the column, not individual cells. If you want one cell wider, you can merge it with the cell next to it, but that usually leads to more problems than it's worth. In ar...

Unable to delete an email account
I have two AOL email accounts. I want to delete one which has nothing but spam coming to it but I am having alot of trouble in trying to get rid of it. "Bill 345" <Bill 345@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1C4D615-7931-4789-BF29-19265D054D50@microsoft.com... >I have two AOL email accounts. I want to delete one which has nothing but > spam coming to it but I am having alot of trouble in trying to get rid of > it. Tools>accounts>select the account>remove, is that what you tried? Please elaborate on "but I am having alot ...

How to go to a specific record within continuous forms
Hello everyone, I have a large table of parts, around 50,000 records. There is a separate autonumber id and part number. The continuous forms form which is used to view the data sorts on part number and not autonumber id. I want to make a quick pop-up tool which will act like Find (CTRL + F), but which will give a drop-down of the part numbers as they are long and complicated and it is easy to mis-type them. I have tried using GoToRecord. It performs the action, but it moves backwards or forwards from a certain position. I can use the GoToFirst method in the previous line to giv...

Email Accounts #16
Hello, I am having problems viewing both email accounts that are setup in my outlook 2003. I tried to create a send/recieve group and I can only view one of the accounts. My goal is to be able to view message received from both accounts. Does anyone have any clue how to make this happen? Thanks! What type of accounts? Are both accounts added to the profile - Tools | Email Accounts .....? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Courtney" <Courtney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BD45C33-35D0-4B0C-AF8E-553AB1021D85@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I am having problems v...

HTML/plain text settings on replies
Running Outlook 2003 with all the updates. I send emails using rich text and occasionally, when I reply to emails sent in plain text, I have to manually set the outgoing reply to rich text. Is there any way I can set Outlook to always send in rich text, regardless of what format came in? TIA No. On top of it not being technically possible, it's sort of rude. If someone sends you plain text they may not want to or be able to read Rich Text or HTML "Trent SC" <invalid@bogoff.invalid> wrote in message news:%23mQjiTK2FHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Running O...

Citrix and Great Plains
We have just setup a new installation of Great Plains 8 and plan to use Citrix. Does anyone have any documentation on how to best setu GP to run on Citirx? Thanks, Fiore It all depends upon what you want to do and which Citrix product you have and how people will be using it. Can you answer these questions? I've got a couple of customers using GP with Citrix and they are using it in different ways. "Fiore D'Orazio" <fiore@collisionrevision.com> wrote in message news:OWNK4c8pEHA.2724@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > We have just setup a new installation of Grea...

Possible to link Excel cells to text box in Word using Word's text formatting?
Hi everyone. Here is one of those "is this possible" type situations, which if possible, would make my Augusts less stressful each year. Each August I'm in charge of putting together our annual statistics and producing maps of the state to show activity in each county. Initially my maps were Word documents with individual text boxes for each #. I still have that version saved, but recently I've converted it to a pdf document to make changing the numbers a lot easier (although not being able to add lines of text is a hindrance sometimes). What I'd love to be able to do i...

Retirement account being mismanaged in M06
I have several IRA accounts. When I do a cap gains report or similar, they are excluded from the report (as they should be because they are retirement accounts), except for one. The settings on this one account are the same as for the other IRA accounts, but cap gains keep showing up in my reports. Any ideas how to fix? Anybody have the same issue? (I know all about the repair application and that doesn't help.) You can customize a report to include/exclude specific accounts. Have you done that? -- Michael Gordon "W'" <W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

link to specific sheet in excel file which contains points and spaces
I am linking from my Access database to an Excel file. The Excel file contains several sheets with different names. These names have spaces, points etc. The name of an excel sheet has the same name as a field in my form (Fieldname in script beneath). When I try to link to a sheet in the excel file that contains spaces or points my link does not work. When the name has no spaces or points my link does work. I tried to put the name between brackets [] but than the link does not work at all. Code: Private Sub CommandActionRegister3_Click() Dim Location Location = Me.Fieldname.Value &a...

Find text error
With the following code, it finds the text, "red time" and then correctly pastes the whole selection on the sheet named "found". But I have this within a loop, and if the text is not found, then different text is pasted in the A4:P250 area, and it is to try another find on that text. If the text is found on the first time thru the loop, it works correctly, pasting the selection on the "found" sheet.... and continues on thru the loop, looking at each successive pieces of text, and (correctly) NOT finding "red time" in any of the successive ones, it ...

Copy only part of text string
Hi, Wonder if someone maybe able to help me please. I have a database at work that contains details of test files. One of the fields for each test shows that actual error that caused the file to fail. The problem is, is that there is an awful lot of text from this field that I don't need to extract. The text I need to extract starts with the word Error and then the rest of the text that comes after it in the text string. The word Error can appear anywhere within the text string, but having worked through all of the failures I beleive that 'Error' can be used as the guide to star...

Change Data Type from Memo to Text
I have to fields called 'NAME' and 'CLIENTID' in a table called 'LOCATIONS'. They are in the Memo format but need to be converted to text. How do I change the format using VBA? In kow this has been asked in different way before, but none of the other examples seem to help. Thank you so much for you help Once a field has been added to the table's Fields collection, you can't actually change it using VBA. I believe you should be able to run a DDL (Data Definition Language) query along the lines of: ALTER TABLE MyTableName ALTER COLUMN MyMemoFie...

How do a import data from a text file to an excel worksheet
I have more than 66,000 lines of data to import into excel (v.2003). Can I do this without loosing data? -- mad ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45e3503c-395d-4b02-923d-b07371...

Combine photo and text in one box
I want to combine a photo and text in one box. I want the text to wrap around the photo. When I put the photo in first, and then type the text in Publisher, everything works fine. The problem is I then need to move the text box and the photo. When I do that, the text doesn't wrap anymore because they are separate from one another. Does anyone know how to keep the text wrapped when moving both the photo and the text? Group the photo and the text box first. You can move it anywhere you'd like after that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question...

Outlook 2003: Wrapping of plain text messages fails when set to 40 or higher
I frequently use plain text e-mail when sending messages. I had been using Outlook 2000 but recently upgraded to a new machine and installed Office 2003 SP1 on it. I've discovered that although the "Automatically wrap text at X characters" setting was at 76 (the default) that my plain text e-mails were not getting wrapped. As a FYI - this option is available under Tool / Options / Mail Format (tab) / [Internet Format...] (button). The Outlook 2003 version is 11.6359.6408 SP1. I them set up a test file that is a series of sentences. Each sentence is a single word followed by...

Counting number of specific values in a range
I know one I have the answer to this I will be embarrassed how simple the solution is, but I just can't figure it out myself. Say I have a few hundred entries in Column A. Is there an easy way of finding out how many cells in A contain a certain value, say the string "OK"? The way how I have solved it is by setting all cells in B to the number 1 if A is "OK" using an if statement. Then I sum up Column B which gives me the result I am after. Surely there is a formula that does that for me, along the lines of COUNT or COUNTA. Is there? You could use something like: =c...