Composing in HTML or Plain Text.

Greetings,

What are the advantages and disadvantages of setting my Message Format to
compose a message in HTML or Plain Text? In other words, what is the
difference between HTML message format and Plain Text message format.

What will one format do for a mail message that the other will not do?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and help in my understanding.

Lee

0
lrcite1 (4)

It's not that difficult:
Plain text is just as it says: plain text.
HTML format, you can make a nice layout, you can use bold, italic, underline
and all that kind of stuff, just as internetpages are...

"Leer" <lrcite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> What are the advantages and disadvantages of setting my Message Format to
> compose a message in HTML or Plain Text? In other words, what is the
> difference between HTML message format and Plain Text message format.
>
> What will one format do for a mail message that the other will not do?
>
> Thank you in advance for your thoughts and help in my understanding.
>
> Lee

Does Great Plains Support Chinese language?
hello One of my lead is require keying in Chinese character at item description, attaching note, and invoices report. Any one can help me? Cheers Chris Chris, Great Plains does not support Chinese characters, it is a limitation of Dexterity. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CC6B901-F167-415D-8F25-96B73C18DB9B@microsoft.com... > hello > > One of my lead is require keying in Chinese character at item description, > attaching note, and invoices report. > > Any one can help me? > > Cheers...

Outlook XP / html format problem
Hi, Have a user with a wierd email problem in Outlook XP/2002 (exchange server). When sending an email, it seems that only the subject is sent, and the whole message body is blank. I've narrowed it down to sending email in HTML format. He can read any email in HTML format but when he replies or forwards, there is nothing in the message, just a subject. If I set to Rich-text or Plain text and send new message, it is fine. If I get an incoming HTML message, and forward as a Richtext ot plain text, it is fine. I've created another email profile, with no luck. I've r...

My text seems stuck in the text box! I can't make changes!HELP!
I am trying to alter text just typed into a text box using Publisher 2003. For some reason, the system will not allow me to go back to edit. Any ideas? Thanks Is your application activated? Is it just this one text box in this publication? Are you working with a template? Select the text box, copy, paste, can you edit the pasted text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Learner" <Learner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68E3A7B3-BB72-4D73-9250-BF4F3FAE2C08@microsoft.com... >I a...

Import text file query error in 2007
I have an excel sheet with an import text file query. If I change the file path from the workbook connection properties it results to an error, "not responding" then excel closes. This happens both in XP & Vista. Also this only seems to happen if the data source is a text file. Changed file location for an access file query & had no problems. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...Diba ...

New install of Great Plains v8.0
Hi I have just installed a version 8 of great plains however the utilities application is not accepting the sa password for MSSQL 2000. The password is valid. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks What message are you seeing? Did you setup a DSN to connect to the Great Plains SQL server? "Jitu" wrote: > Hi > > I have just installed a version 8 of great plains however the utilities > application is not accepting the sa password for MSSQL 2000. The password > is valid. > > Does anyone know how to fix this? > > Thanks > > > s...

Make a text box fit the value inside
In my report design view, I have a text box which is filled with blue color. When I view the report in print preview, the box always remains the same size depsite the length of characters of the value. I want the entire value to fit on one line. Values range from two characters to 30 characters in size. Selecting "yes" for "can grow" or "can shrink" for the text box properties does not make a difference. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! *Glen* Glen, Check the Detail Section have you set that to Can Grow = Yes? (I am, of course, assuming ...

Keep quoted numeric characters as text.
Is there any way I can keep Excell from converting double quoted strings of numeric characters to a number when opening a .csv file? I have a column where sometimes the text being imported is something like "001". I need to load it as text '001' instead of as a number 1. If I change the column to text after opening the file, the leading zeros are still missing. In MacXL you can open it directly with Text Import wizard. With WinXL you need to change the extension (say, to .txt) first. Then set the column to Text in the third pane of the wizard. In article <043b...

Render XML data island to HTML?
I have an XML data island in my aspx web page. The XML includes a link (processing instruction) to an XSL stylesheet. Is there any way on this page to view the HTML, that results from the xsl transformation, as the contents of, say, a div? I know I can do it if I display only the XML in IE, but I don't know if I can do it as a fragment of an existing HTML page. TIA > I have an XML data island in my aspx web page. The XML includes a link > (processing instruction) to an XSL stylesheet. Is there any way on this page > to view the HTML, that results from the xsl transformation, a...

Remove text from a cell
Hi there I have some data in a spreadsheet which is an output from another program. One column has a series of numbers in it, each with the suffix of "kb" and I want to remove the kb from each cell so that I can sort by number. Is there an easy way to do this without having to edit each cell individually (I have about 600 rows!) thanks Trace Hi one way: Use 'Edit - Replace' the other way: use the formula =--TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"kb","")) in a helper column >-----Original Message----- >Hi there > >I have some data in a spreadsheet which is ...

text in charts
hi all.. Is it possilbe to have a textbox in a chart, that actaully corresponds to a cell entry in the spreadsheet, to change its contents for whatever I type in the cell? is it possible for the title too? thanks!! To add worksheet text to a chart: 1. Click on the chart to select it. 2. Type an equal sign (you'll see it appear in the formula bar) 3. Click on the cell that contains the text for the chart 4. Press the Enter key. 5. Position the textbox where you'd like it in the chart, and format as desired. tony wrote: > hi all.. > > Is it possilbe to have a te...

Adding text boxes from more than one table to a form
Hi, I want to add a text box showing a date which is stored in a different table in the personel form. This text box is purely to show the date, how can I do this please? Iain Hi Iain, There's basically two ways to do this, and which one you choose will depend upon your data and hows it's related. 1. Put the form's current recordsource (table or query) into a new query, and include the other table. Link appropriately, add the fields you require to the query's output, and use te new query as the recordsource for your form. 2. Use a dLookup expression to retrieve th...

Best way to store image, voice, text file?
Hello there, Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or text file? If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064 bytes limit, is it better to store it in a directory, and just save the location of the file in the field? Thanks, Ben On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:19:54 -0700, Ben <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello there, > >Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or >text file? > >If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064...

Text Manipulation from PDF
Hi Really weird problem I have with a report generated by a application at work. I run off a monthly report of products completed by employees. It shows the following info in a pdf report User ID No of Products Date Sub Date Last Sub Last Date Sub Smith_0001 5 01/01/2006 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 Brown_0002 8 02/01/2006 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 Etc but it lists about 300 staff when I copy it and paste it int...

Excel or CSV data to HTML
Hello. Im trying to take a large excel file and basically have it do this. It is setup as follows. >>>File Name -- Catalog.xls | PartNumber | MFG | Pole | Amp | Volt | Price| xyx,mfg1,3,5,1,10 xxx,mfg2,3,5,11,25 ..... and continues. What i want to do is have a html template file that excel opens. This template file would have variables to be replaced in random places $$PartNumber$$ $$MFG$$ for example would be replace. What i need excel to do is go through each row individually, select the 6 columns of data, replace the $$MFG$$ with the excel data for that row, save it as...

How to full justify text ?
Help! I have tried many things but can't figure out how to full justify text. Betababy, Format, Cells, Alignment, Under Horizontal, choose Justify. -cheers -- Angel Bivins WordAngel Document Design www.wordangel.com "Betababy" wrote: > Help! I have tried many things but can't figure out how to full justify text. > ...

Adding text and date problem
I have text in column 1, a date in column 2 and in column 3 I wish to show the text followed by the date. I have tried both Concatenate and & but the the result is text followed by the underlying number representing the date. I cannot seem to format this column to show the date as dd/mm/yy. Any suggestions? Regards ="Today is: "&TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "newman" <aa111@despammed.com> wrote in message news:464C1646.AC6A42E0@despammed.com... |I have text in column 1, a date in column 2 and in column...

Text and backgound do not print
I have created a folding leaflet which appears fine on the screen. However, when I click on print preview, half of the leaflet appears only as a white space. When I print it, I get the same result, i.e. only half of it appears on the page. Can anyone help, please? Try running Design Checker on your leaflet. Sometimes issues will show up that that prevent items from being printed. I just helped a woman with a very similar issue. I deleted some extra text boxes and it's fine. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/...

Text emails do not format
All of my incoming emails in Outlook 2003 are coming in as one long line of text. I've gone into my email options and turned off "Remove extra line breaks from text emails" but the problem still occurs. Does anyone know how to prevent my incoming text emails from turning the entire message into one long paragraph? Thanks! Fury Maybe the issue is with the person (or people) sending it. As a test, log into your webmail account, send yourself and email and then go into Outlook 2003 and see what it does... >-----Original Message----- >All of my incoming emails in ...

Receiving messages with no text.

converting checkboxes to a text value
I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to create a report that displays those boxes as "yes/no" text values, so that I can export them to an .rtf format, and have them actually show up. I'm a novice, so any help is greatly appreciated. The purpose of this is to be able to email specific pages of the report. I'm also open to other ideas for making this possible, if I'm going about this the wrong way. Thanks in advance. Charitycase wrote: > I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to > create a report that...

Importing text using get external data
I have created a query spreadsheet that gets certain data from another spreadsheet (call it data spreadsheet). The data spreadsheet has a column where text is stored, which in some cases exceeds more than 255 characters. The query that imports such data truncates the text to the first 255 characters. Is there a way around it ? Any input will be appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

reply message wont include text on one contact
Only with one contact in our address book...when we reply to any of her messages it will not include her original message. under email options it is checked to include original messages. The confusing part is it is only happening with one contact. ...

Plain Text in outlook 2000
In Outlook 2000 with SP2 installed we are unable to send e-mail in plain text. For example: I changed all the setting within outlook to send and receive e-mails in plain text. Every time I open a new one or reply it reads a rich text not plain text. I am able change it manually to plain text but we want it to automatically do it in plain text. We have tried all the settings inside Outlook and the recommend change to the registry: The mailto protocol for IE is set to OUTLOOK.EXE -c IPM.Note /m "%1" Still does not work Anyone have any Ideas Outlook Profiler can set thi...

XML error "Some Data Was Imported As Text"
Daily, I recieve a 3rd party XML file that I parse in Excel (using an excel macro) and then import into an Access database. Infrequently, the data will import into Excel, then parse and then the routine stops with the error message above. I look through the raw XML file and everything appears to be within the brackets, etc. Can someone give me some clarification to the meaning of the error message? Thanks in advance and Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays! The error message might be generated within your macro - as it is parsing the data it might detect that some field which should be ...

Can I change the font color of text inside an IF statement?
Here is the equation I'm using in Excel 2003. =IF(AND(G3="NO",B1-E3<2),B1-E3,IF(AND(G3="YES",B1-E3<=96),B1-E3,"Error")) I would like the text color to change red if: IF NO is selected and B1-E3 >2 I would like the text to turn red. IF YES is selected and B1-E3 >4 I would like the text to turn red. If I can do this in conditional formatting, that’s fine, I'm just not familiar enough with excel to do this. Thanks for the assistance! Craig Hi a formula can't change a format. But have a look at 'Format - Conditional Format' fo...