Command Line Switch needed

 does anyone know the command line to attach a file.

 currently I am using this

 "outlook.exe /c ipm.note /m john@test.com"

 I don't the the switch to attach a file.  Also is there documentation on
all
 the outlook switches? if so where?

 -thanks

0
S-CPEREZ (1)

Search the Knowledgebase at support.microsoft.com using the string "switch"
--
Brian Tillman
0

>  does anyone know the command line to attach a file.

outlook /a "C:\My Documents\blahblah.doc"

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm for more.

Hyperlink, Attachment, Shortcut Commands not available on Insert menu
The "Insert as Hyperlink" or "Insert as Attachment" are not available on the Insert drop-down list in an outlook email when using the "paperclip" button on the toolbar. The Hyperlink, Attachment & Shortcut options are available when using the "Insert" button on the Menu bar, selecting the "Item" button, and then selecting one of the three options on the right, but that only applies to emails or mail folders. Is there a way to get these options on the drop down list as well. ...

lines in line chart do not show up
I used this chart the last 2 years and it worked fine. This year, I made a new chart based off the old chart and now the lines don't show up. The markers are there, but the lines are not. Anyone else have this problem?> -- martinson portland Are there blanks in your data range? Select the chart, go to Tools menu > Options > Chart tab, and check Interpolated for how you want blank cells to be treated. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "martinson" <m...

New line in VBA
Hello All, I'm trying to avoid having immensely long lines of code that go on past the edge of the screen so that I have to keep scolling across to see the end of the code. Is there any syntax that allows me to move to new line and simply concatenates the new line to the previous line? Thanks very much, Mo "Mo" wrote in message news:frb8ek$uer$1@qmul... > Hello All, > > I'm trying to avoid having immensely long lines of code that go on past > the edge of the screen so that I have to keep scolling across to see the > end of the code. > > Is th...

Email not refreshing unless switch views???
XP pro, Office XP installed and all updates on two machines. If they send each other an email via our exchange server they do not appear immediatly, even after repeated send and receives they dont show. That is unless you say switch to a calender and then back again and hey presto they appear. On the Win2000 system next door running Office 2000 its perfect, works like a dream, On the Office Xp systems they can sometimes "take" 20 mins to show up unless you switch views. I had hair once....now its falling out, anybody got any smart idea's of how i can solve this problem? Thanks...

CreateProcess command line
Hi, I'm trying to recreate a straight forward command line call to initialise a SQL Express installation. The path I need to pass, including parameters, is as follows "sqlexpr32\\setup /qb /settings sqlexpr32\\template.ini" and my call to CreateProcess is as follows CreateProcess( NULL, // app name tcCmdLine, // command line NULL, NULL, // process security, thread security FALSE, // inherit handles CREATE_DEFAULT_ERROR_MODE, // flags NULL, // environmen...

Charts and Line Graphs comparing companies with different data
I am trying to create a chart that is a line graph in Excel 2000. I want to compare severao builders price and square feet with each company being a different color. Here is an example Company A has homes that are 2152 square feet at $162000, 2424 square feet at $169000, and 2691 square feet at $178000. Company B has homes that are 2095 square feet at $159000, 2292 square feet at $164000, and 2436 square feet at $173000. There will probably be Companys c thru H as well with different data. Can you help? I have searched the web and all this is greek to me - I need it to be in the...

comparing excel spreadsheets from command line
Hi, I am running tests here that involve comparing two excel spread sheets. right now we have to manually open the files, copy and paste the contents of each into a separate too, and run a compare. This is time consuming as it involves an awful lot of manual intervention. Ideally, I would like to run some sort of command that takes the two files as params and which outputs (preferable in some sort of graphical format) the differences between the two files. Is that possible? Or am I asking too much? thanks much and have a nice day Graham hi, see this site. http://www.cpearson.com/ex...

Various Keyboard commands for Publisher
I would be very interested in finding a list of the various keyboard commands related to Publisher. Could anyone direct me a place where I could get this list? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Tim Jugglertwo <Jugglertwo@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I would be very interested in finding a list of the various keyboard > commands related to Publisher. > Could anyone direct me a place where I could get this list? Try here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030885451033.aspx -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I'v...

Font Size on Command Buttons
When I create a command button I can do all of the below except set the FontStyle. What is the correct syntax for this? With objActiveWkb.ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add("Forms.CommandButton. 1") .Left = intLeft .Top = intTop .Object.Caption = strButtonCaption .Width = intWidth .Height = intHeight .Object.Wordwrap = True .Object.Font.Size = 10 ' .FontStyle = "Bold" End With How about just .object.fontbold = true I don't think there's a .fontstyle associated with this. I didn't see it w...

Can't add Home Equity Line of Credit as a Favorite
I'm using Money 2002 Deluxe, and I recently created a Home Equity Line of Credit account. I've set this account as a "Favorite" in the Account Details screen, but it's not listed as a choice in the Favorites->Organize Favorites- >Accounts screen. Are home equity line of credit accounts not available as "Favorite" accounts in Money 2002? Has this been fixed in 2003/2004 versions? Apparently selecting the account as a "Favorite" from within Account Details does work, since its data transfers successfully to my Palm device (which only syn...

Visio 2002 Default Line size
I go to more line weights and select a weight of "1" and click apply. This seems to set the size temporarily. The problem is that when I close Visio 2002 and open it again, the line weight comes back as a default of "3". Is there a way to make this default as a line weight of "1"? Thanks --JoeH ...

Contract lines & Assets
Hi, I want to be able to show all the individual contract lines connected to an account in one location, rather than having to go into each contract to see individual contract lines. We may have an account with several contracts and within each contract we have several contract lines.... but the problem is that we want to see ALL of this accounts contract lines in one place rather than drilling into each contract to find what were looking for. In our old system we had a section for 'assets' where we could see all the main information for a customers products in one place. which...

Assert in afxwinforms.inl @ line 188
Hi, Visual Studio 2005 SP1, Windows XP Pro SP2 + umpteen updates. I'm getting the assert mentioned in the title of this message within my application. Its in: BOOL CWinFormsControl<TManagedControl>::CreateManagedControl(DWORD dwStyle, int nPlaceHolderID, CWnd* pParentWnd) I'm at a loss to understand what the assert is trying to point out to me and there's no explanatory text associated with it. I'm therefore struggling to find out what to do to resolve it. Can anyone who knows the MFC source code explain what the assert means? Regards David Razzetti ...

Preferred Line Spacing
Hello folks, I have a small publication that curently uses 2 columns layed out on 8.5x11 pages. The columns are spaced at .167 in the middle which seems to work good however for line spacing I have it set 1.29sp. This seems to leave a bit too much gap between the sentences. My question, is there a preferred gap or industry standard so to speak? Your comments would be aprpeciated. I am using Century font at 10 point for text. Thanks. Phil. There are many good articles on the Web that talks about fonts and sizes. This is a particular good one http://www.fontshop.com/features/fontmag/002/0...

more ram needed?
We're running Pub2002 on an HP machine with 850MHz/128MB ram that we just added a new HP deskjet 5150 printer to. The problem is that when we try to print a publisher file it can take as long as 3 minutes for the job to go to the printer spool and another 4-5 minutes to finish printing!!! The same file converted to PDF prints immediately and so does any file from any other application. Almost thought the printer was defective. We're downloading the latest version of printer drivers from HP's website. Anyone run into this situation and have a good solution? Would add...

Help please ! Excel is hanging and I need to stop
Is there a way of stopping Excel in the middle of something which has clearly caused it to 'hang', ie appear to be doing something for so long and not seeming as though it will ever stop. I've just lost a whole load of work which I had to crash out of. Terry --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi sometimes CTRL+BREAK will help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is there a way of stopping Excel in the middle of something which has > clearly caused it to 'hang', ie appear to be doing something for so > long and not seeming as though i...

Switching to Native Mode
Is it required to restart any services or the server when you switch to Native Mode in Exchange 2003? No it isn't. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "SilverICE" <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A475622-2CB9-4CA8-96F2-A9E357BD2A73@microsoft.com... > Is it required to restart any services or the server when you switch to > Native Mode in Exchange 2003? ...

Multiple instances of Outlook when executing multiple DoCmd.SendObject commands
Hello! The routine below works great when I send only one email. But when sending another email, I have to kill Outlook via Task Manager where it is immediately replaced by another session of Outlook and Outlooks again comes up. Any help or suggestions appreciated! Rbollinger ========================================================= Sub Send SendEmail() On Error GoTo Err_Command11_Click Dim stDocName, mTO, mCC, mSubject As String stDocName = "frmSnapShot" mTO = Forms!frmEmail!emailTO mCC = Forms!frmEmail!emailCC mSubject = Forms!frmEmail!Subject mpath =...

Automatic Subject Line Taging
I have a user that wants to have each message sent to a particular DL to have specific text injected to the subject line. He wants to do this so its easy for the recipients to create a rule to move those messages to another folder. Has anyone seen anything that will do this? Basically they want to send messages to a DL with Subject "Project Update". But when delivered to the users, they want it to read "[Public Works Community] Project Update" Any ideas?? If all messages to that DL need to be tagged with a particular keyword in the subject and the only purpose is to...

need 2 sets of cantacts
I need two contact list. One list of personal (family email contacts) and one for my business contacts. I send out emails to all my busness contacts once a month and it would be easier if they were seperate lists. Can this be done? I was able to do it with OutLook Express before I switched to this one. I don't know what "this one" means. But, if you mean Outlook or anything except Dynamics GP, an accounting system, you're in the wrong place. -- Charles Allen, MVP "RDaniels" wrote: > I need two contact list. One list of personal (family email cont...

concatenate command
Hi, I'm trying to format a column of cells that were created by combining 2 different cells using concatenate command. The result is a phone number, but when I go to format it (so it displays as a phone number (###) ###-####), nothing happens. I'm using Excel 97 (don't laugh), but this is the case on XP as well Thanks -- Meg Darnell, LMT, CD Director of Alumni Services Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences 212-924-5900 x142 Change the concatenate formula to put the format =TEXT(A1&B1,"format") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email addres...

Source of on line price updates after they are dropped by Money
For more than 20 years I have been updating MyPortfolio online in Microsoft Money. I then export the prices to Excel where each week I spread the price Data across separate Worksheets, one for each fund. This operation is carried out automatically under Macro control. There are twelve funds in MyPortfolio which have not updated since May/June in either Microsoft Money or in MSN Money although on each site these outdated prices are, and continue to be, quoted as current updated prices, which is wrong. To cap it all Microsoft Money is withdrawing support of Online price updates and MSN ...

Are you the XML expert I need?
Dear developer, Do you often wonder who built a certain website and how it is done? And who manages that website right now? Strange, but developers usually stay anonymous while they should present themselfs to get more orders. We have been working on a website to change this situation: WebmastersLookup.com. It's a special Searchengine that lookes for Webpersons, not for Websites. We want as many webpersons as possible to join us. So that visitors can search for somebody who will do the job for them. If they find that person they can view his/her profile and portfolio. They can search o...

Switching Between Showing Formula Or Actual Result In A Cell ?
Hello: Probably so simple, I'm embarrased to ask. I put in a formula such that in a cell there would be the SUM of a column of numbers. Pretty sure I did it correctly. When i look at the cell that should have the Sum, I see the formula. How do I switch between this cell showing the formular and/or the Sum ? Thanks, Bob you may have missed the = sign from in front of your formula "Robert11" wrote: > Hello: > > Probably so simple, I'm embarrased to ask. > > I put in a formula such that in a cell there would be the SUM of a column of > numbers. &...

Creating a line graph from 2 pivot tables?
Hello, I have two pivot tables, one contains information RECEIVED in a week for a country and the other contains information ACTIVATED in a week for a country. The countries and time range are the same for both. Within the line graph I would like to show, how many things were RECEIVED and ACTIVATED for that country in that week? I am able to show either the country or the time range but not both. How can I show both? Is this possible? Try using the multiple consolidation ranges in the pivot table options. You should be able to bring both tables into one and then chart it from there ...