Command Button to popup Public Mailbox Inbox

I have a Form in Outlook with a command button called Move To. When you
click the button, I want it to popup a tree view of my Public Mailbox Inbox,
where you can select a folder and then. Then when you click Ok, the value
gets stored in a field.

How can I get this tree view of my Public Mailbox Inbox? Is it possible?

Thanks,

Jon

The Outlook PickFolders control doesn't let you specify which store to show
or open with, it shows all loaded stores, and returns the selected
MAPIFolder object.

To be able to show only one or more desired stores and to open at a specific
point in a specific store you would have to construct your own folder picker
dialog using some sort of treeview control and populate it yourself using
your own code.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Form in Outlook with a command button called Move To. When you
> click the button, I want it to popup a tree view of my Public Mailbox
> Inbox,
> where you can select a folder and then. Then when you click Ok, the value
> gets stored in a field.
>
> How can I get this tree view of my Public Mailbox Inbox? Is it possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

0
kenslovak (742)
3/24/2005 2:27:40 PM
Ok, thanks for that. May I ask where you can get a treeview control from? Is
it something that you would buy or are there free treeview controls out
there?

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" <kenslovak@mvps.org> wrote in message
> The Outlook PickFolders control doesn't let you specify which store to
show
> or open with, it shows all loaded stores, and returns the selected
> MAPIFolder object.
>
> To be able to show only one or more desired stores and to open at a
specific
> point in a specific store you would have to construct your own folder
picker
> dialog using some sort of treeview control and populate it yourself using
> your own code.
>
> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> http://www.slovaktech.com
> Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
> Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options
> http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm
>

> "Jon" <davesmith2020@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Form in Outlook with a command button called Move To. When you
> > click the button, I want it to popup a tree view of my Public Mailbox
> > Inbox,
> > where you can select a folder and then. Then when you click Ok, the
value
> > gets stored in a field.
> >
> > How can I get this tree view of my Public Mailbox Inbox? Is it possible?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jon

Both. I use the treeview from MS that comes with Visual Studio and is part
of the Windows common controls most often (MSCOMCTL.OCX) but there are lots
of 3rd party treeview controls out there. What you'd use depends on whether
you're programming using COM or the .NET framework and which language you
intend to program with.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003

> Ok, thanks for that. May I ask where you can get a treeview control from?
> Is
> it something that you would buy or are there free treeview controls out
> there?

0
kenslovak (742)