Colour code messages only to me

Hi

I am running Outlook XP.  There is a rule that can be set to colour code
emails that are sent only to me, but what it actually does is colour code
emails that only have me in the To: line of the email.  If an email is sent
to me and CC's in someone else, the rule treats this as a mail sent only to
me.

How do I set the rule so that it colour codes a message sent solely to me?

Thanks in advance

0
Al

Can Turfed messages be delivered?
Running Exch 5.5SP4. Set up message filtering to stop some unwanted emails. But this also caught some legimate messages. Is there a way to cause or allow those selected emails to be delivered? Can this be done manually? If so, how? Thanks! ...

Corrupted Inbox Message
I have a message in my inbox that is unable to be deleted. It is causing an error in my nightly tape backup that is causing the backup job as having failed when in reality only this message was not backed up. My computer is connected to an SBS 2000 server and the mail is stored in my inbox. How do I get rid of this message? I have already run ISINTEG and ESEUTIL on the information store and the "priv1.edb" - the database integrity is OK. Thank you, Kelly Holland have you tried to do a shift delete? if that doesn't work, try using exmerge to archive the message out ...

Error message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am unable to open Outlook - get the error message above EACH time I try to launch it. I am running Windows XP, have Norton installed, checked the firewall allows Outlook. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook and downloaded and installed the service pack update. I followed some suggestions on this discussion site as suggested by Nikkin in the response to: "John Frustrated" <fortlaud@mail.com> Sent: 5/1/2004 8:36:21 AM. but nothing works. Can anyone help? What suggestions have you tried? I don't recall the message you are referring to. Rename outcmd.dat an...

winsock error message
I have recently installed a mail server (ArGoSoft) on my computer. When I send an email on the mail server, Outlook indicates that it has been sent, but the log on the server indicates that there is a "Winsock error when communicating with exchanger." Everything else checks out. I don't think it is a DNS problem, but I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks! Richard ...

Undeliverable messages #3
Hello all, I am getting lots of these undeliverable messages even to emails within my own domain. Any idea why or who to diagnose? please advise. Undeliverable: Contract System Administrator Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Contract Sent: 12/30/2006 8:19 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'nospam@nospam.com' on 12/30/2006 8:19 AM 554 <'nospam@nospam.com>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied ''nospam@nospam.com2 on 12/30/2006 8:19 AM 554 <...

Can not send message nor send an attachment from the web
This is what I get when I try to send a message and an attachment from the web. Can you please help me out. The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject ' Check out this article Half a Million Plastic Coffins?', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D "adrian" <atheop@att.net> wrote in message news:ecvAdUTaKHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > This is what I get when I try to send a...

Forwarding incoming messages to an external email account
My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. I need to set their email accounts to automatically forward any received emails to their other address. As I can only forward to someone in the active directory how can I accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. eli silverman wrote: > My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals > that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. > I need to set their email accounts to automatically forwa...

VBA Code to Open File1; Open File2 copy sheets to File1
Using XL 2003 & 97 Need help with the following VBA code: Sub Macro1() Dim myNewWorkbook As String myNewWorkbook = ActiveWorkbook.Name Workbooks.Open Filename:="OldWorkbookFile.xls" Sheets(Array("Formulas", "Department Lables")).Activate Sheets(Array("Formulas", "Department Lables")).Copy _ Before:=Workbooks(myNewWorkbook).Sheets(2) Windows("OldWorkbookFile.xls").Activate ActiveWorkbook.Close Windows(myNewWorkbook).Activate ' ........ End Sub My goal is to have myNewWorkbook active then:...

Outlook won't allow me to delete message
I tried to forward an email message and it did not work. The message sat in the Outbox after the rest of the messages where sent. I then clicked on the message and 'forwarded' it. That message was sent. When I then tried to delete the original message in the 'Outbox' folder, it will not allow it and gives me the following message: 'This message interface has produced an unknown error. If the problem persits, restart Outlook. When I restarted Outlook (three times) the message still appears when I try to delete it. Everything else works fine and I can continu...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

Threaded message view?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00DB_01C3970B.56F977D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable First off, sorry if this is in a FAQ somewhere. I'm using Outlook 2003 and for the life of me can't find a way to get a = threaded message view similar to how Outlook Express shows messages in = newsgroups. I've experimented with group by/sort by filters, and the = best I can come up with is a view that has messages in threads, but = sorted the wrong way. Is there a way I can get message th...

Unblocking messages in IMF
A couple of quick questions for you IMF gurus. My IMF is working great. I'm probably stopping about 99.99% of SPAM coming in. However there is a very small percent (maybe about 5 daily) of legitimate emails getting blocked. My 1st question. When using the IMF Companion Tool there is an option to "Unblock and deliver selected message(s)". However when I highlight the desired email and choose this option is doesn't appear to be delivering this email. Which leads me to another question. When I do make this selection does it tag the email with an SCL rating and allow it to...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

Keeping Custom Properties When Forwarding or Replying to a Message #2
We have emails saved on the file system, that is kept track of by another program. These emails have custom properties attached to them. There is no custom form, just custom properties. These fields were originally added using objPost.UserProperties.Add. We need it so that when someone opens up one of these emails through the file system, and then replies or fowards the message, these custom properties are kept in the reply. This is so the external program can track these emails. Is there a way this can be done? We could have these emails opened up using an Outlook command line that i...

Trying to move messages to folders
When I try to move certain email messages to other folders (manually), suddenly I get this message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Even with the restarts, I still get the error messages. I looked up the error message in the database, but it seems to be listed only in cases where you're forwarding mail, not moving it. I also checked for updates to Outook 2002, but the scan said I was up-to-date. This all happened, by the way, after I installed Service Pack 2. Can anyone help? Thanks so much! ...

Receiving 2 of every message
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

keeping messages in inbox
I've been using Outlook for about a month to pull in my emails from a different mail services I have - AOL and SBC/Yahoo. The problem I'm having is that while my messages are coming in from AOL correctly (or they seem to be), Outlook only retains them for a week or so then they disappear. It does not happen with the SBC mail (which is the first/default mail account). I've looked everywhere for something to adjust the length of time messages stay in the Inbox folder for the AOL messages, but no success. Anyone with ideas that might help would be greatly appreciated, be...

HELP! Outlook Keeps Receiving Same E-Mail Messages
Hello: I keep getting the same 6 e-mail messages. This is after calling Norton and Comcast re receiving the same 3 e-mail messages (538 of them since midnight Dec 3!). Of course, it was not their problem, so it must be Outlook. Any thoughts. It sounds like you have an email message with a large attachment that is bogging down your account. What happens with the email is once you have connected to your ISP and clicked on the send/receive button if the connection is lost it will start over again until it can pull all of your messages in 1 sweep. You will need to log on to your accou...

Duplicate message box
Hi... Can u pls.anybody suggest for my below query..? My query is.... I set Primary key for 4 field together as i need to check duplicate values for these 4 field. When i enter the data into the form, it restricts to enter the duplicate values by giving the below message. "The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index,primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields thagt contain duplicate data,remove the index,or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again." But, i ne...

Q: How to paste HTML source directly into HTML message?
I'm in a situation where I want to take HTML source from a web page and send it to someone so that the email looks like the web page. I can't figure out any way to get the source into an HTML as *source* and not text. For example I want to copy & paste this: <strong>Hi there!</strong> And have it show up like this (in bold, of course): Hi there! Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! ...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

Copying messages to CD
I have bought a laptop, and I need to copy my messages, and folders from my old PC,to CD from Outlook Express, then load them from the CD to my new laptop running Outlook. Any suggestions? Thanks Use the Simple Backup mehod described here http://www.insideoe.com/backup/ Import the messages and addresses into OE on your laptop Open Outlook, select File-Import-Import Internet Mail and Adresses Regards Mark Dormer <demarte@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:1153033346.337593.137330@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I have bought a laptop, and I need to copy my messages, and fo...

Where did the messages go?
First I want to thank those that responded to my other question. You really helped! Now. I have reconnected the mailbox to a user. The mailbox size is 198M with just over 13,000 messages. However, the user account can only see about 1.2M of stuff. Any ideas? Thanks. -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it''''''''s a dry heat. on the top level of the mailbox, get the properties, and click on "Folder size"...this will tell you where most of the messages are...also check for a "view" filter... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] &q...

SFO error message "write protected change are not synchronized" 07-28-05
Hi! When I am changing (closing) an kalender activity from my CRM SFO klient i recieve an message that "The item is write protected in Microsoft CRM. Changes are not synchronized to the Microsoft CRM system" (translatet error message). Do you have any ide what i wrong? ...

Anyway to keep bad messages
Hello, Once in a while messages fail on our Exchange 2007 transport servers and they never get delivered. I know an NDR should be sent to the sender. However, we are being asked for a way to figure out a way to keep them (as *.bad, *.eml or wahtever format) for a period of time. I am aware of the post Exchange 2003 SP1 changes made to the bad mail folder but I am wondering if there is a way, which I doubt, to accomlish this on Exchange 2007 transport servers. The error we get in the logs and the messages go to a balckhole somewhere: 554 5.6.0 STOREDRV.Deliver; Corrupt m...