Color code quoted text

Is there no way to color code quoted text in the standard message
reading view? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find
anything about this.

The newsreader in Opera does a terrific job of this, as do many other
programs.

Bob Graham

Yes, but since you decided to keep secret the version of Outlook you are =
using, all bets are off.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, rvgrahamsevatenein@sbcglobal.net asked:

| Is there no way to color code quoted text in the standard message
| reading view? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find
| anything about this.
|=20
| The newsreader in Opera does a terrific job of this, as do many other
| programs.
|=20
| Bob Graham
0
MillyS (3228)

MTA "congestion"
EXCH5.5SP5... I have two servers, one is a bridgehead and another has all my mailboxes. When I backup the primary server, I have noticed that it goes MUCH quicker when I do not have ANTIVIRUS running. So, I shut down the AV. Since my AV is shutdown, I turn off theMTA between the Bridgehead and primrary server. I had thought this would be OK. and have run this way for a few years, but within the past couple of months folks have reported that some of their email contacts report bounced messages. Investingation reveals that these bounced messages are due to congestion... Reading MS KB 230497. I...

resize all rows in the spreadsheet to fit the text?
I have an existing spreadsheet created by another user. Some of the rows are not automatically sized to display all text. Is there a command to resize all rows in the spreadsheet to fit the text? thanks email: softwaretest underscore 2003 at hotmail Church lady, try Ctrl a, to select the whole sheet, then format, row, autofit -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "the church lady" <tcl@mail.com&g...

Missing Text in emails replied to via Lotus Notes
I use Outlook 2003 to create emails. Using either plain text or html format, when I send the email to a colleague who uses Lotus Notes, and they hit reply to the email type their response. I do not receive or read any of their text in the incoming mail in Outlook. If I use an alternative Email client such as Pegasus, I can read their text. What can I do to fix this, how can I get the missing text back from within Outlook, without getting them to re-create a new email with their response? I think that I have solved this. I think that when the option to remove blank lines is ticked. Ou...

TEXT STATUS -VS- Numbers
We have name of projects with 8 different status. We want to create a chart with the name of the project on the X axis and text status on the Y axis. Can this be done and if so how. Please help DDBeards If you assign numbers 1-8 for each status, you can then hide the 1-8 axis labels, and add custom ones: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ DDBeards wrote: > We have name of projects with 8 different status. We want to cre...

"a document with the name" error on opening file
I'm getting an error message that says "A documents with the name " & filename & " is already open" (where filename is the actual name of the file) when I try to open certain files in Excel 97, when I don't really have a copy of the file in question opens. This error comes up pretty consistantly on one file that lives on a server, but I also get it when I try to open some local files. Anyone have any idea what would cause this & how to fix it? Thanks in advance. Best Jim Hi Jim have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen ...

Can you use the old Lotus "/ commands" in Excel 2003?
In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? Look at Tools>Option>Transition -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "DAW" <DAW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5590E6E-DFE1-4A9A-8651-387B7F49D112@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? > It's gone from xl2003. DAW wrote: > > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do thi...

Conditional formatting of text
Greetings, all - I am creating a simple spreadsheet template to be distributed to users for data entry purposes. The first column contains the names of the desired data elements. The second column contains the definition for each data element. The definitions are formatted in red text. I intend for the user to remove the definition and replace it with the proper information for each element. For example: Data Element Definition 1.0 LastName The last name of the person to whom questions about the sample should be directed. The user would replace ...

fonts are changing and text disappears
Hello when i open outlook 2003 all my maps on the left side of the screen are looking well and normal. But after a wile the font changed or a piece of the name/text disappear. Very stange i think. When i close outlook and turn it back on, everyting is back to normal but not for long. ...

My Account Settings, Icons, Files are "Missing"
Recently, I booted up and discovered that my personalized icons (under my account) had disappeared from the desktop. The Account Name is "Gilxxx" but my data is under "Curxxx" When I looked closer, I was able to see the directory structure in my "Documents and Settings" folders, but none of the files. The files are there, however, as I can play MP3s in Windows Media Player (and they are in my My Music directory). And, when I tried to add new desktop icons to "re-create" my old desktop, Windows tells me that a shortcut with that name alread...

How do I properly attach vba code to a workbook
I have a function and entered it into the vba editor, syntax and all is clean, but my spreadsheet won't recognize the new command when I go to use it. displays #name? etc. etc. This is my first time to actually use the vba editor, so obviously I'm missing some basics somewhere... T-I-A... Where did you put the code? It should be in a regular code module, NOT a sheet's code module or the ThisWorkbook code module. In the VBA Editor, go to the Insert menu and choose Module. Put the code in that module. Also, if you are attempting to call the function from another workbook,...

Code for IF
Hello All, I have a range of cells (A1:A3000) with codes for items in a warehouse, there are about 3000 items, there are also 10 cathegories. I want to, in range B1:B3000 write the name of the cathegory that the item belong; the items' codes are totaly different one from the other, example: A B ACTU VALVES EFTG CONDUIT COND CONDUIT IFTG TUBING XMTR TRANSMITTER I have done this using a lot nested IF on cells B:B3000. Is there a way to write a code to do this faster? Thanks in Advance, -- Cesar Hi Cesar I would...

Search folder criteria
I am using Outlook 2007. How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? Is there a reason why "KSC" cannot not be assigned "Sports" catagory? Melissa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007. > How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" > in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? ...

Code running slowly
Not sure why it runs slow. I thought the Application.ScreenUpdating = False would do the trick. Sub Holidays() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'New Years Day With Sheets("January") If Range("C4") = Range("R2") Then Range("B27").Value = "New Years" Range("B27").HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter Range("B30").Value = "Day" Range("B30").HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter Range("...

error code 800B0109
Sorry for this, my previous message has an incorrect information: the error code associaed with Windows defender is 0x800106ba. This othe code 800B0109 is associated with the update problem. Thanks again. Post any/all followup in replies to your original thread, please. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party...

"Remove access" to certain accounts in CRM 4.0
Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for specific users? Accounts they would otherwise have access to? I'm only talking about a very specific subset of the regular accounts in the business unit for which the person resides. Anyone have any experience with that? The simplest way is to move this accounts "VIP accounts?" into another business unit and set the access rights accordingly. Or you can use the team approach. Regards, Robert "Adam Pinilla" wrote: > Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for...

Change column color in chart when column value is over/under goal
No use of VBA or macros expected. It is believed to be Excel chart feature. Any ideas on how to change column colors (Red/Green) if value exceeds or meets the preset goal. Eg. if goal is 4% - anything at or above 4 should show green and under 4 should be red. Assuming your data is in A2:A20 B2: =IF(A2>=4,A2,NA()) C2: =IF(A2<4,A2,NA()) copy B2:C2 down, add some labels to B1:C1, then chart B1:C20. This will give you two series, one for the aboves, one for the rest. Select each data series, right click, choose format, and set the colour as required. -- --- HTH Bob (there's ...

Can I make a table flow like a text box story?
Does anyone know of a way to allow a table to act similar text block story. I would like to snake a long data table into two columns over several pages. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, This is not at all possible. A Table will not move across pages. -- Thanks -- It would be a great feature -- but I couldn't find a way to do it either. BTW -- neither PM or Quark allow this either. >-----Original Message----- >This is not at all possible. > >A Table will not move across pages. > >-- > > >. > You can create a work around for this problem by...

Check box and Command button code #2
This code will change the named range of cells yellow when the check box is checked and the command button is pressed which is what I want it to do, but when you check the check box, it will take the user over to my second worksheet named form where the range of cells are. I would like for it to wait to take them over after they press the command button because multiple check boxes will need to be checked. Any help is greatly appreciated. Option Explicit Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call CheckBox2_Click End Sub Private Sub CheckBox2_Click() If Me.CheckBox2.Value = False Then ...

Should I change this code?

Getting the "name=" (bit, picklist) value that is returned from SOAP
Hi all, I am getting several fields via a Web service request in javascript in an OnChange event to poulate other field on a case. One of those fields is a bit, and one is a picklist. Those nodes in the response come back with <attribute="new_active" name="true">1</attribute> for the bit field and <attribute="status" name="On Hold">3</attribute> How can I read the name value? I've tried selectSingleNode("//status").name with no luck. Thanks! I am doing a similar process, using a SOAP response message. I ge...

Text to numbers
For years and years, I have been happily using Excel 97 to copy data from a website to my Excel spreadsheet by saving it as an Excel Workbook. I then manipulate the data (multiply, divide etc) without a problem. I have just installed Office 2000 Small Business, and when I try the same copy procedure, all the calculations return #VALUE. It appears that the "imported" data is text (?), with spaces. Not sure though. I realise I haven't explained this too well, but I'm hoping someone can interpret what I am trying to say, and assist. Try selecting the columns with th...

WCF in-code configuration more tightly coupled?
Seems to me that using in-code configuration to create the client service requires the client to be coupled to the model (or wherever the service contracts are located). Looks like this configuration method isn't the best choice if you've got multiple consumer clients. Seems to me that using 'Add Service Reference' is still preferred for this scenario, no? suedeuno wrote: > Seems to me that using in-code configuration to create the client > service requires the client to be coupled to the model (or wherever > the service contracts are located). Looks like thi...

Pre-configuring Pivot table "views"
I need to create several different pivot tables from the same set of data. However, I need to keep switching between the different tables and it quickly becomes a cumbersome process selecting different rows, columns, and sigma values, each time I want to look at a certain pivot table. I know I can create different pivot tables and put them in seperate sheets instead of dynamically updating the same pivot table to get the data I want. I was wondering if there was a way I could preconfigure all these tables and simply "select" one of the "views" so I wouldn't ...

Why my colors on screen are different in printing?
I have not changed anything in my settings and my colors on screen are what I want. When I go to print, they are completely different. I don't understand how to get them to match. I would think the default colors would be fine... so how did they change, without me doing anything? I have tried a few things and it did not help... I am just wasting ink and frustrated. Please HELP! The colors on your screen may be what you want but what you really need to do is to print something and then make your monitor look like the print. Computer monitors, video cards, brand of ink, type of paper ...

Split text #2
Hi, I have a list with credit ratings from which a lot are extended with /* + or /*-, as these are confusing I would like to delete them. My question is if there is a formula to exclude these signs from the actual rating. For example: AA- /*- needs to become AA- Thanks Regards, Robert Edit>replace /*- with nothing(leave blank) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Robert" <p.strijbosch@chello.nl> wrote in message news:d8c5a144-83db-4cbb-91eb-c067b1dcc724@g1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a list with cred...