Collecting the Data entered onto a form into a access table.

I have designed a form in outlook 2003 and want to collect he data in a
access table when the form is used to send email. Can any one please help me
as I am stuck. I have linked the table to the form but nothing happens when
you use the form and send a email.

You will need to write code. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm
for links to samples, etc

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Claude Brandon" <claude@umbani.com> wrote in message
>I have designed a form in outlook 2003 and want to collect he data in a
>access table when the form is used to send email. Can any one please help
>me as I am stuck. I have linked the table to the form but nothing happens
>when you use the form and send a email.

0
suemvp (4038)

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

attaching a macro to a control button in the Quick Access Toolbar
Excel 12, WXP I have a macro that I used a lot in Excel 11 and I would like to use it in Excel 12. I have put a button (form control) on the Quick Access Toolbar and I want to attach the macro to it. Help says to right click on the control and choose "assign macro" but when I right click on the control I don't get that choice. Can't find any help for this question in VB editor either. It describes how to put a command button on the worksheet itself, but no way to assign a macro that is in the Quick Access Toolbar. Any suggestions? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/ima...

Spaces in Data
Hi, I am trying to do a mail merge and the excel data that I am using has a bunch of spaces in the field that shows the city. So when I list the City St and Zip the state is about 7 spaces after the city like this. 123 Main Street Anywhere usa 49000 Any ideas? Thanks RRH -- Rhall ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rhall's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390428 I guess the space removal feature made that question fall f...

ALT + ENTER #2
I cant seem to figure out what pressing both ALT + ENTER does. I am working on a spreadsheet, and Im supposed to click on a cell and put my cursor before a certain word in the cell, and press ALT + ENTER. I know its supposed to show only the word after the cursor, but its not doing that...it does nothing at all. Help! It will insert a carriage return, so if you have xxxxx xxxx and you put the cursor between the 2 strings and do alt + enter it will change to xxxxx xxxx -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Heather" <heather.l.nelson@sfcc.edu> wrote in message news:276CFDD9-6612-47...

Counting current form
I have a problem I would like solving ,but a I am not sure where to start. I have 20 rows and 40 columns of three definite results. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12............40 John J j K j m M m M k K J J Martin k K K j M K J j J k K K Peter J j J k K K k K K j M K I would like to count the highest consecutive run of K or k and the highest consecutive run of J or j. I tried the CountIf function but as I said I do not where to start. Thanks Assuming the codes are in the same row =MAX(MMULT(--(A5:K5=A13),(TRANSPOSE(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNT(--(A5:K5=A13)))) )>=ROW(INDIR...

Multiple conditions on combo box to show different forms
I have a form with a tab subform. I have the below code in the "on current" of main form, "after update" of combobox on main form, & "on click" of the tab where the subform resides. I'm fairly new to coding. I got the working code from reading the discussion groups. How would I add an "is null" argument to this code? Is the "on click" code necessary or am I doing too much? I want the subform to be blank if the combo box is empty/null (the combo box does have a default value). Select Case Me.Type Case "...

remove filter on a form when closing
Hi All, I have form "frmRecipes" that can be called from two different places: from a button on a form named "frmUserRecipes" and from a button on the main switchboard. From "frmUserRecipes" I use this code to take me to a specific record: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmRecipes", acNormal, , "FoodCode=Forms!frmUserRecipes!OLDRNUM" This works fine. If I use the button on the switchboard I get prompted for "Forms!frmUserRecipes!OLDRNUM" when "frmRecipes" opens. I need it to open on the first record in this instance - no filter. I...

Inserting Excel Data into Word Columns
Hi, I am fairly new to VBA and Excel/Word and have been trying to automat a sheet we have, I have created the Excel Sheet and unfortunately th Word doc was created sometime ago and cannot be changed. I have searched this forum and found this code: Code ------------------- Sub CreateNewWordDoc() ' to test this code, paste it into an Excel module ' add a reference to the Word-library ' create a new folder named C:\Foldername or edit the filnames in the code Dim wrdApp As Word.Application Dim wrdDoc As Word.Document Dim i As Integer Set wrdApp = CreateObject(&qu...

How to send form data to tables programatically
Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? What I mean is... As a user types into a form, Access doesn't seem to actually send that data to the table (and thereby create autonumbers) until user moves on to another record. Is there a way to force that data to the tables (ie make the new records) while the user is still on the form? On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:33:02 -0800, markmarko <markmarko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to programatically have a form update to the underlying tables? > >What I mean is... As a user ...

column chart changes my data
Hi I have attempted to make a column chart with error bars using 6.3 0.008199 6.8 0.0151625 7.5 0.006469 as my data, BUT when i highlight and insert chart my figures (6.3,6.8,7.5) change to 1,2, and 3. and my other figures change to 1-8 I am trying to show rate of reaction vs pH level can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong as I dont normally have any trouble with these charts.I am using office 2003 -- thanks to all You should be using an XY chart for numerical value, particularly for scientific analyses. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Pelt...

Error when installing sample data in Project Accounting
When I run the macro to load sample data onto my TWO company in project accounting, after a few minutes, when the employee data is getting loaded, I get an error that window is no longer available and the macro stops running. Anyone has any idea how to load the remainder of the sample data and why this error is happening. I tried to load the data again (a fresh database load) but I got the same error again. Hi, add OLEPath=d:\eentrprs\ in your dex.ini file and run the macro again. Regards Ani "AA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6efa01c...

Automatic transfer of data from one worksheet to another
I have two spread sheets, let's call them A and B. A could be considered the master work sheet. It has 15 columns A -O. The B worksheet has 13 columns, all of them which come from A. I have deleted Columns L and N in A when the data is transferred to worksheet B. I would like to know what the process is to set these up so that when I add or delete new information to or from A, it automatically transfers the same information to B, exclusive of columns L and N. Thanks very much Lewis Shaks How about a simple cell linking function? Look at column A in Worksheet B as an example. Lin...

Reporting services available for use with access?
I am building a DB in access for my project managers, some will be using just access. Is it possible that report builder can be used in Access? In some way? ...

Sorting data in group
Working on a excel sheet maintaining huge data and need to sort it date wise, amount wise (range 1 to 10000, 10001 to 20000). The problem is that we have data set of different clients, this data set of each client spread over 9 columb and 7 rows and i need to sort it in a group. How do i do this? Data set should'nt be destroy? for example Columbs are: Name of Client nature of business funded non funded trade business date of approval limit expiry date fresh/renewal remarks. rows are: DM MMF IERF BD/RISK LINE PAD OTHERS SUBTOTAL See your post in ...

Filter Form Records button
I'm working with a form that displays all records, but has a filter button to show only a certain year, or all (*). Once prompted for the year in the messagebox, hitting cancel returns me to the form but with NO records showing. How can I hit cancel and have it go back to the form, displaying whatever records it was before hitting the filter button? Here's my current button code: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub btnFindStyle_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnFindStyle_Click Dim msg, Style, Title, myResponse msg = "Enter Year...

Keep conditional format when "show pages" from Pivot table
When I use "show pages" to drill down the data into pages from Pivot table, I find the conditional format on pivot table is missing. I have to make conditional format again to every page. How to keep the conditional formatting when I use "show pages" from pivot table? Maybe you could just apply Data|filter|autofilter to your original data range and filter to show what you need to see. Angus wrote: > > When I use "show pages" to drill down the data into pages from Pivot table, I > find the conditional format on pivot table is missing. I have to m...

FindRecord2K works perfectly, how to display results in my form??
I downloaded the findrecord2k search form. I would like to add a command button that takes those results that are generated from the query and displays them in my form. There are several command buttons available, would it be easier to modify an event to include displaying the search results in my form instead of the unbound control? ...

Apay not ever entered in register
I have an automatic payment set up to pay weekly in Money 2006 I set it up in money with a link to my bank (5th3rd) and it worked great, the bank makes the payement each week like it should. The problem is that in money the transaction just sits in my Bills Summary and never enters into my account. Since it is an Automatic Payment, the button to "Enter in Register" is greyed out, I believe it is supposed to enter automatically into your account on the due date. I have already tried deleting the payment from both my bank site and Money, waiting a week and then recreating the...

Need help with collection serialization
Can some Please tell me why the following collection is not XML Serializable: Imports System.Xml Imports System.Runtime.Serialization Namespace MyNamespace <Serializable()> Public Class SpecialResult Private m_SpecialID As Integer Private m_Description As String Private m_Adjustment As Decimal Public Property SpecialID() As Integer Get Return m_SpecialID End Get Set(ByVal Value As Integer) m_SpecialID = Value End Set End Property Public Property Description(...

Easy access-button to Access-database in Excel
Hello, we have made an excel-sheet which is connected to an access-database with the add-on template-guide (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=E01EA3D8-094D-4ED1-88DA-F4B8B2AD28BD). It is working fine but we would like there to be a button which is linked to the access-database connected with this sheet or at least a cell which has the path to the file. Does anybody know if this is possible? Kind regards, Chris You can use the Macro Recorder to record a macro while going through the steps manually to access the database. Then, create a drawing obj...

Exchange 5.5 (VPN/External Access)
Hi All, We currently use exchange 5.5 (win2k server) for our postoffice and im currently looking into giving a small amount of users access to their email from home. How secure or what are the best practices in this situation....? OWA pop3 tunneling VPN Custom Recipient (just forward email to their home account) Lets just leave this one out for the moment as i know all about this.... Each of these scare the hell out of me as the client machines will largly be out of my control. I think the VPN option scares me the most as this will give most access, whereas with the other two i'm...

Conversion from Access 2000
I have a formula that worked correctly in Access 2000 namely =IIf([Print Invoice Time Subform].[Form].[RecordsetClone]. [RecordCount]=0,0,[Print Invoice Time Subform].[Form]! [Total Hours]) However, in Access 2003, I think it can't evaluate the [RecordsetClone].[RecordCount]=0 part. Can anyone help with a replacement statement. Many thanks Hi John, I'm able to get results to work in the Northwind database sample using the Orders form in Microsoft Access 2003. Example: Dim str as String str = IIF([Orders Subform].[Form].[RecordsetClone].[RecordCo...

Using ADODB, how do I create a msgbox when duplicate data is enter
Hello, I am having a problem creating a msgbox, when data entered through a form into a table is duplicated. I would like for a msgbox to popup, and warn the user for dupliucate data, before the actual data is entered into the table. I have an index for no duplicate set on a field in a table. How would I go about this? I have seen code for Jet, and have tried to translate it over to ADODB, but with many problems. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I don't know the code which is causing the problems with Jet but have you tried working with the 'match&#...

Reports created in Access 2003
When we upgraded to 2007 all the reports that had been created in 2003 were no longer on the toolbar at the top of the screen and I can't find them anywhere. Help. ...

Copying Query Results into a Table
Hi, I have a Query which filters out certain records from an existing Table, how can I copy these filtered out records which were based on certain criteria, to an existing Table which have exactly the same name of fields as the Query? Thanks Ange Kappas wrote: > I have a Query which filters out certain records from an existing >Table, how can I copy these filtered out records which were based on certain >criteria, to an existing Table which have exactly the same name of fields as >the Query? Try changing the query to an Append query (using the Query menu...