Collapsing groups in BCM

My preferred view in BCM is by category but, as I have several
categories, I would prefer the default view to be all collapsed.

At the moment, when I open OL2003, all categories are expanded and I
cannot get them to collpse other than by collapsing each individual
group. When I open up again, they are all expanded - annoying!

Ghost routing group
Hello Exchange 2003/5.5 mixed mode org. I removed one of the Exchange legacy sites (which had never been involved in the ADC) using the Best Practices in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324340. The site had no objects other than Custom Recipients which were moved into another site. Some of them were assigned x500 addresses but the vast majority weren't. When the site was up, occasionally an outlook user would have a cached or autofill entry for the x500 address of the former site, but they would get an NDR right away and learn to pick it fresh from the GAL. ...

User/group relationship for security in FRx
In FRx security, the security settings for groups immediate cascade down to the users so later changes need to be applied to each member individually. It would be helpful to have the security setting remain at a group level so later updates could be done more easily. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then...

Reporting Groups
I have a very simple report based on a calendar database. The report contains the date, start time, end time, appointment type and comments. I need to order the report by date descending. Not a problem. What I would like to do is to build a section at the end of the report summarizing the hours and number of entries for each appointment type. For example: Appointment Summary: Doctor Visit 24 hours Occurrances: 12 Hospitilization 72 hours Occurrance: 1 Lab Visit 5 hours Occurrance: 9 Is this possible? Can someone please point me to a resource I can use to bui...

Cannot see distribution group
Hi I have acreated a distribution group in AD and can see it there. It is set the exact same as other DG's, however I cannot see it in the global address list, when I log onto an outlook client either on the server or at another pc. the distribution group is called Sales Team with an e-mail adress of SalesTeam@joeblogs.com. I can send an e-mail to salesteam@joeblogs.com but when I just type in sales in my 'TO' box and press control k, it doesn't find the sales team Please help did the list somehow get marked as "hidden"? "Stephen Duggan" <ano...

Numbering of Grouped Rows
Hi, I have a number of sets of "grouped" rows. I want to number the sets sequentially but the auto-fill down doesn't work, because it will fill all of the grouped cells as well. Additionally, the grouped rows are NOT the same size. Ex. I want the number "1" and the number "2" to appear in column A, rows 1 and 5 respectively. Row# Column A 1 1 2-4 Grouped 5 2 5-10 Grouped Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, --Phil >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have a number of sets of "grouped" rows. I want to...

The Making Of A Turn-Around : Interview: Rishi Pilani, Chairman, Ganesh Group
He quit a glorious career with GE Power in the USA to come back to the family business. A chemical Engineer from Bombay University and an MS in Industrial Engineering from the US, Rishi Pilani, just 32, has the distinction of having completed GE's most prestigious management leadership programme called OMLP (operation management leadership programme) wherein only a handpicked 10 candidates from all over America are given the privilege to participate and the chosen ones are trained to become leaders within GE. His academic brilliance and prudent thinking sets him apart as a business leader ...

DPM 2007 GUI crash when creating Protection Group
I've been managing about 10 DPM servers for a couple years, but this is the only Secondary Server I'm managing. The server in question is the secondary DPM Server: DPM 2007 SP1 + KB979970 on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64, all patched up. The Primary DPM server being protected: DPM 2007 SP1 + KB979970 on Windows Storage Server 2003 R2 SP2, all patched up. I've already successfully created two PGs on the secondary, one for Exchange and one for the DPM database. But this is what happens when I try to create a PG to protect file data: 1) Click Create Protection Group ...

grouped radio buttons
In my dialog are several groups with radio buttons. I red in doc that radio buttons ID must be ordered one after the other in resource.h . I want ask if any button group control id can be among them ? Or all radio buttons in dialog must be one after other from radio with lowest id to radio with highest id ? Thanks ! Peter Not the IDs. The tab positions must be sequential. That is, if I have radio buttons 101, 102, and 103, and T indicates the WS_TABSTOP style and G the WS_GROUP, then any of the following are legal (*) 101 GT ( ) 102 ( ) 103 (*) 103 GT ( ) 101 ( ) 102 (*) 102 GT ( ) 1...

Adding an SMTP contact to a group in AD/GAL
Hello eveyone, I am trying to add a regular contact (a pager with a standard SMTP address to a distribution group in Exchange). When I send an email to the group, I get the following error:The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Primary Pager on 8/2/2005 2:56 PM The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again. <mailserver #5.1.0> How can I add the pager to this group and not have the SMTP issue? We really need to have the pager in place as a fai...

Grouping??
Let's say I have a test matrix that has the following columns: TC_NAME, REQ#, TESTER, AUTOMATE In the TC_NAME are the test cases where the TCs appear multiple times when they address multiple requirements. E.g. TC_NAME REQ# REQ TESTER AUTO PrintQueue001 1.2.1234 Print Queue contents Joe Blow Yes PrintQueue001 1.2.1235 Print Queue config Joe Blow Yes PrintQueue001 1.2.1236 Print Queue Owner Joe Blow Yes SaveQueue001 2.1.1234 Save a Queue Moe Blow No SaveQueue002 2.1.1235 Save a Queue w/ bad path Moe Blow No SaveQueue003 2....

In Box
Hi, The in box groups emails by date....can I have it simply list all email without any grouping or sorting? thank you Well, it has to be sorted in some fashion -- unless you want them to just be listed randomly which makes no sense. You can turn off grouping though. View | Arrange By...uncheck "Show in Groups." Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft Outlook FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/outlook.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replie...

grouping data
in excel i have a huge list of people. the headings are last name/first name/Event name/Event year. If some people attend 5 events it lists them 5 times. I would like my end result to list everyone once and what events (if any) they attended and what year. how do i do this? IE. currently i have Smith/Bob/GST Seminar/2004 Smith/Bob/Tax conference/2003 Doe/Jane/GST Seminar/2000 doe/Jane/Accounting Seminar/1999 End result i would like: Smith/Bob GST Seminar/2004 Tax conference/2003 Doe/Jane GST Seminar/2004 Accounting Seminar/ 1999 If the slashes represent col...

help importing group lists
I am using MS Outlook express and am trying to import some group lists into my contact folder but cannot drop them directly into the address book -- only the contacts folder. When I open that...no list or attachment is evident. JB You cannot import groups from OE. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jennifer@bronsoncommunications.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:128101c3df70$ffa54be0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am using MS Outlook express and am trying to import some > group lists into my contact folder but cannot drop them > directly int...

Receiving mail from another storage group results in SMTP display address in Outlook
When emailing in the same store (user to user, user to group, etc.), email addresses appear as they should (Last, First) and you can double click the name to see the GAL properties on the person. When emailing from store to store, the email address appears in Outlook as Last, First (SMTP@Address) and double clicking the name gives the SMTP properties, not the GAL entry. Any ideas on why this might be happening? Exchange 2003 SP1 & Outlook 2003 SP1 (or 2002 SP3) Thanks, Trevor ...

Group for Discussing How to Use Money
I have questions about what accounts are taxable, how to set up 403(b) account that has no ticker symbol, etc. I gather this group is not really the place for that, so can someone recommend a place to ask these kinds of questions? In microsoft.public.money, Confused wrote: >I have questions about what accounts are taxable, When you set up an account, if you mark that an account is a retirement account, Money assumes it is not taxable. > how to set up 403(b) >account that has no ticker symbol, etc. Note that accounts do not have ticker symbols. Investments have ticker symb...

AD Group membership Question
Hey there, Is there a limitation on number of objects that can be added to a AD group? I'm referring to both Security and Distribution group. Thanks, Sleepless in Seattle Howdie! Am 01.06.2010 19:45, schrieb Venkatesh: > Is there a limitation on number of objects that can be added to a AD group? > I'm referring to both Security and Distribution group. Prior to a forest functional level, you probably shouldn't add more than 5000 objects into a group as there are rep issues with that. With a forest functional level of "Windows Server 2003", thes...

Group Emails #2
Is it possible in Outlook 2000 to send an email to a group of recipients but when each recipient receives the email only their address shows in the recipient window and not everybody else in the group? Cheers W You can hide all addresses by using the BCC field or you can use the Mail Merge wizard from within Word. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "...

Cannot Add database to Recovery Storage Group. Help!
Hi. I'm running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1. I've given an account admin privledges in Exchange (basically copied the default exchange admin account that does work) but I am unable to add a database to a recovery storage group. Here is the error I receive: Cannot complete the operation because the object 'Users - Mailbox Store' does not have the attribute 'msExchOwningServer' set or because you do not have permissions to read it. Facility: Exchange System Manager ID no: c1031741 Exchange System Manager I am able to add the same database with the ad...

Moving Mail Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if you can move mail groups from one Exchange 2000 to another? Thanks Rob By mail groups do you mean DLs? These are based on an Admin Group not a specific server. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Rob" <rm@goodshepherdcentres.ca> wrote in message news:eiOt0LG2DHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP...

Quick way to remove grouping from view of all folders
Hello group: Is there an especially fast way of getting Outlook 2003 to realize that I don't want it to group the messages in my mail folders. (Default grouping is by date). When I define views and modify the "Messages" view to exclude grouping, it doesn't do any good until I've gone to each of my many folders and repeat the process. It's like Outlook doesn't realize I've modified the default view. Any help here would be appreciated - even a script if necessary. Thanks a bunch, Donovan P.S. No, grouping is not the same as sorting :) ...

Message from other smtp sent to dist group w/ mail enabled contacts
I am having a strange problem since upgrading to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. We have an application that sends status alerts through a external smtp server back in to our exchange server. We have a distribution group with internal exchange users and mail enabled contacts in it but for some reason the internal users get the status emails but the external users do not. I can send a message from my internal account to the dist group and all users get it. I have tried removing the group and re-creating, deleted the mail enabled contacts and re-created. Any ideas? I will provide more info as needed. ...

Folder Permission to a group
Is it possible to give a distribution group permission to the Calendar folder or do I have to use a global or universal group? I always get "The modified permissions could not be saved. The client operation failed." I'm using Outlook 2002 - Exchange 2000. Are you trying to grant permissions for your personal caledar or a public calendar? If personal, do you know if your account is configured for client delivery/storage or is it maintained on the Exchange server? >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to give a distribution group permission to >the Calenda...

Distribution groups #11
Can an existing distribution group (with a valid SMTP address) be converted into a mailbox? If yes, what's the best way to do this. If not can I just delete the distro group and add it as a mailbox? Thanks, Mike a group cannot be "converted" into a mailbox...what is it you're needing to do? group and mailbox are two distinct types of objects... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "md10" <mdiperi10@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161372884.704453.20000@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Can an existing distribution group (with a valid SMTP address) be > con...

CListView + grouping + tiling = ????
does anyone have an example/sample of using grouping and tiling in a Clistvew ? I'm buggered if i can get it to work. TIA bg ...

Groups/Distribution Lists
Hi all, I recently decided to make the switch over from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. Anyhow, I didn't realise I'd have such the major problem that I've run into now. In Outlook Express I created "Groups" so that I could send out one e-mail to many different people EASILY so long as they were all assosciated in this group. Outlook deals with these groups as "Distribution Lists". For some reason though, when Outlook took my contacts, it didn't take my Groups. I've yet to find a way to import these groups into Outlook either. I guess essentia...