Closely held secrets about junk email folder

All,

Within my company, we occassionally send HTML formatted emails that end
up in user's junk email folders and we have no idea why. In one
instance it was a message that contained a large table structure in the
body of the message, but once we preceeded the table with an empty <p>
tag, it succeeded in going to the intended recipients. So in this case,
it really wasn't the fact that we were targetting too many individuals,
or that certain words were found in the message, it was just a silly
design thing (apparently) that had caused the problem.

It has dawned on me that it would be a good thing for our designers to
understand what might land one of their designs in the toilet. If they
know the criteria, they can avoid the problem. The question is: what
criteria does Outlook use to determine what is junk email and what is
not. I'm told that I may not be able to find out this information, that
it may be a closely held secret. Anybody out there in the know? I'd
greatly appreciate some insight.

0
herrdue (4)

On 2 Oct 2006 06:25:42 -0700, herrdue@yahoo.com wrote:

>If they know the criteria, they can avoid the problem.

So could SPAMMERS.

A_C

Sending a Publisher 2003 Newsletter in an email.
I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've tried to save it as a picture and insert it into Word and then put it in my email but it looses quality. I've tried to save it as a web publication but it won't keep the pictures I have in my newsletter. Any help or suggestions would be great. K.V.O. wrote: > I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. > I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've > ...

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

Weird scrolling problem with folders
I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and scrolling to the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list ( I have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When I expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and click on it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple of items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a bunch of folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have ...

email or phonecall in a calander?
Hi, I am new to CRM and wonder if email or phone call activity is updated into the calander as well as appointment. Thank you, Sunny The only way to do this is to use one of our ADD-Ons. The GroupCalendar for MSCRM 1.2 is an Add-On that allows you to see all activities in the GroupCalendar. Also you can look into the Calendar of other users if you have the security privileges. If you want to see all further functionallity go to www.mscrm-addons.com and download a trial version. -- -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCa...

Public folder Shared Contacts in Outlook Contact Favourites
Hi All, We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as an Outlook address book. Only thing is one of our users has now asked how to include this in Outlooks Contacts Favourites Tab, any ideas? Thanks, Nick In Outlook, Right Click on the Shared Contacts PF and select Add to Favorites. -- Regards, Boon "Nick" <NoOne@NotHere.com> wrote in message news:#QJ7dC91KHA.224@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as > an Outlook address ...

Not sending emails to groups
Hi, I am having a problem with my new laptop. I have several groups with several diff. emails for different people in diff. cities around the world. Whenever I want to send a email message to -- let's say -- people in NYC, if it is under a certain number of people the message is sent ok, but if it is let's say 40 people, it will be hanging in my outbox and it's NOT sent. I think Microsoft might have added some type of security feature that would unable viruses to send the same email message to my whole list. I might be wrong, but that's the only conclusion I could come u...

outlook email #16
I have been using hotmail as my default email at home and using others for work. I would lide to receive all my emails at Outlood to reduce time wasted looking for the emails. darius On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:17:52 -0800, darius <darius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been using hotmail as my default email at home and using others for >work. I would lide to receive all my emails at Outlood to reduce time wasted >looking for the emails. > Get a paid Hotmail account and Outlook can be used to access the account. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

Email addresses in a comma-delimited (CSV) file
I am trying to create a csv from another application to be imported into Excel. One of the columns will contain email addresses. Is there a way that I can format the data in the column to have the addresses be 'links' when brought into Excel. First, hyperlinks are not just formatting. The Insert|hyperlink style of hyperlinks are objects in excel. Second, CSV files are plain old text. They don't hold these kinds of objects. (And they also don't contain any formatting properties, either.) But third, you may be able to cheat a bit. Can you go back to the othe...

Exch 5.5 SP4
Hi One of my user sent an email to the client yesterday, Since then this user has been receiving return receipt every two minutes. Client has been also receiving the email in every 3 minutes. I have rebooted my server, Recreated the email address. Rest the IMS queue. Following is the email which my user are receving. Can any one please help. Thanks in advance -----Original Message----- From: Mail Delivery Subsystem [mailto:MAILER-DAEMON@nl.sbc.com] Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 11:01 AM To: Valerie@.com Subject: Return receipt The original message was received at Sat, 3 Feb 2007 ...

Outlook replication changes valid email to lastname firstname
CRM 4.0, Outlook 2007, CRM Outlook Online Client with latest Rollup. When some users are sync contact information between Outlook and CRM, sync changes email address firstname.lastname@company.com in CRM to format lastname firstname. Not happen to all users. One reason can be there are also mobile sync between Outlook (Exchange) and mobile phone. But this is also used by many users and only some have problems. It is look like email is populated with Outlook display value, not the real email. Any ideas what setting (and where) is not right? Jukka Majander ...

Public Folders on Exchange 2003
We ran through the deployment tools and have linked a new Exchange 2003 server to an existing Exchange 5.5 server. We used pfmigrate to create public folder replicas on our target server, the Exchange 2003 server. We have not yet run the command to remove the replicated public folders from our source server (Exchange 5.5 server). Is it true that we would only run this step once we are ready to decommission our Exchange 5.5 server? How do I verify that the folders actually exist on our Exchange 2003 server? The reason I ask is that we are doing backup of our Exchange 2003 server wi...

Exchange 2003 / Outlook XP How to lock down email format / colour and disable signatures
My boss wants a uniform email look for everyone throughout the organisation, as users are using bizarre colours for email backgrounds, unusual fonts, and their own personal signatures. To create a standard signature for users using information from AD, I believe there are 2 ways: either create an event sink using a VB script (I dont know how to do do this, so I won't be trying); or use a third party application like Exclaimer (BTW is there a good alternative to this - I have a quote for this but it is pretty damn expensive for what it does). To prevent users from using their own signatur...

Share a folder in my mailbox
We use Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000. How can I share a folder that is in my mailbox an dthat I made myself (so not th inbox, tasks, etcc). I know I can drop the items in a public folder or a personal folder and than start sharing that folder with the appropriate tools. However I don't want to do that!! (we have had some very bad experiences with moving items from one the private store to the pub-store or personal folder) On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:08:07 -0800, "MarioFromBelgium" <MarioFromBelgium@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We use Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2...

External smtp email to public folder shown as post, not shown as email
Hi there, Exch2003 FE & BE servers, both running on w2k3 server, BE server also a DC & GC server. Now config public folder at BE, mail enabled it. For internal users, if sent email to public folder, it shown up as email. For external parties, if sent email to public folder, it shown up as post. Wondering how to tweak public folder so that external emails will shown as email instead of post? Many thanks! Try looking at the following KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817809 Martin Moustgaard "Zac" <zacfang@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:Og20iL...

Public Folder auto-responder?
How can I set up an auto-responder to a public folder on Exchange 2003? I see information about a server scripting add-in for Outlook 2003, which I have installed...but now what? Where can i find information about how to set up the scripts? You typically will have to write/get help writing the code for the script/event sink that you apply to the public folder. You may also find pre-written sinks that already do what you want...but the idea is that what you're wanting is extra/custom functionality and you're going to have to add that piece yourself. Exchange provides the framewo...

I want to open archived email attachments
I don't want to save to disk first. There is no danger from viruses as these are emails I know the source for. Please help. "Scott" <bobbb.bbbbb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185979486.758557.219240@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I don't want to save to disk first. There is no danger from viruses > as these are emails I know the source for. > Please help. > > And that attitude is EXACTLY how viruses get spread. How do you know 110% that the scource is NOT infected? "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message n...

Am I able to manage multiple email accounts
I have several email accounts including Gmail, HOtmail and corporate. I can't make Entourage mail (2004) list individual accounts or find how to manage profiles. Apple mail works but doesn't allow me to insert a tiff company logo without making it an attachment. Outlook allows for all of the above.<br> Appreciate help > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285235088_9822952 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 1...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #2
Hi all, I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... ....ms... <martin@adg.com.au> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. > When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail > Address Book&q...

i have problem with password to email server
i just got on the sight. How do i go about finding out the password to outlook express to the email server. I have to set up a internal email system. and everytime i get to log on outlook express it pops up with a window to enter a user and password. but i dont know it. How do i get my password back. can i get in touch with isp and get it. ...

I'm sending 2 (duplicate) emails each time I send emai
I'm using Office 2007, Outlook and, each time I send an email.. the receiver gets two copies.... any thoughts? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

Flagged message in DRAFTS folder is automatically "complete"
I'm trying to flag messages in my Outlook 2003 Drafts folder aso they show up in "For Follow Up" and I remember to complete them. Unfortuantely the flag is automatically set to complete and cannot be changed in the right click menu Igrayed out). Does anyone have a solution for this? Hmmm... It works here. Are you using a pst or Exchange account? Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http:...

Inbound email linked in CRM by default
Inbound emails from outside our company are being tracked in CRM by default. For example, Bob@acme.com emails Alice@mycompany.com. That email, before Alice has even opened it, is traced in CRM. I can view it in CRM and Alice is the owner. Alice is using CRM 3 in Outlook 2007. This does not happen all the time. Only certain external users sending email that includes Alice seem to be automatically tracked. If I email Alice from my greg@gmail account, it will not be tracked. However, I can findl little rhyme or reason to the criteria dictating what gets tracked. I have checked Alice's set...

Change Hyperlink Destination Folder
In an Excel 2002 worksheet I need to change the destination folder in a column (750 rows) of hyperlinks. For example: file:///C:\Documents and settings\myname\Application Data\Microsoft\Data\12345.mht needs to be changed to file:///E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\12345.mht file:///C:\Documents and settings\myname\Application Data\Microsoft\Data\56789.mht changed to file:///E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\56789.mht All the ".mht" files are now in the folder E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\ TIA Why don't you do a find and replace. Replace it with some...

deliver email to three inboxes?
I have 3 email accounts and I want incoming and outgoing mail to go to a seperate in/outbox for each account. I click "email acounts", select each account name and go down to the "deliver new email to following location" and select the matching folder name, and click finish. After doing all three accounts, the "deliver" name has reverted back to one folder. How can I make Outlook deliver mail to three different boxes? Why not set up two additional folders and use RULES to move them into the appropriate folders? >-----Original Message----- >I have 3 email...

Outlook 2000 closes but doesn't close
If I close OL 2000, then open the Task Manager, Processes. OUTLOOK.EXE is still listed there. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Paul Fenton In news:jjnsj25uf8k3bggljh9bks4tcji5tdq9as@4ax.com, Paul Fenton <pfenton@NOSPAMplgassociates.com> typed: > If I close OL 2000, then open the Task Manager, Processes. OUTLOOK.EXE > is still listed there. > > Can anyone explain why this is happening? > > > Paul Fenton 1. Use file | exit & log off, rather than clicking X 2. Addin software, for handheld sync/fax/antispam/antivirus/whatnot, can do this. disable mail ...