Clicking on Link within e-mail results in access denied message

My Mother-In-Law is having a problem opening links sent
to her within E-mails with Outlook.  When she clicks on
them, it yields an error message that tells her to
contact the system administrator, that her access is
denied.  This is a home PC with a new installation of
Windows XP.  Does anyone know what steps she can take to
fix this?  Thanks!

-Steve

DLL error message
Hello: today, when I try to open any of 4 modules i have in my "Personal.xls" tree, I am getting a "Error in loading dll" error. Any ideas? My Guess is that you are missing a reference. In the VBA editor select Tools..References and look fo rthe one that starts with "MISSING" "Bettergains" wrote: > Hello: today, when I try to open any of 4 modules i have in my "Personal.xls" > tree, I am getting a "Error in loading dll" error. Any ideas? Great. That's helpful. I did find one, which was apparently a local (inter...

Opening Access without Menus displayed
Access 97 I have created a simple data lookup form for a customer to look up his own jobs in a shared database - there is only the one form in the mdb(e) that auto-opens on application startup. I have unchecked all the Startup functions etc. The program auto-opens the form okay but there is the default menu bar displayed across the top of the application window. The tool bars do not show. Is there a way to open the program and not show ANY menus as well? My form close event also quits the application. I intend to provide this as an mde. Any ideas gratefully appreciated Piri Piri wrote: &...

Send direct e-mail to customers
When I try to send direct e-mail (by clicking on the send direct email on the actions bar) I can get as far as choosing my template, but when I click send i get the following error message: "The Bulk E-Mail Service is not running" How do I start this service? Hi James, Check the services. Right-click on My computer -> manage -> Services and Applications -> Services. Search for Mcirosoft CRM Bulk email service -> start. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www....

How to write to the registry in Vista from Access
Hi... This is my first post and I want to know if there is somewhere a code to write to the registry. I have one from someone in the past but I try to use it on Windows Vista and instead of putting the key in the local machine/software it is adding to some virtual folder. Does anyone knows why??? Thanks... This is not really an Access question, but a Vista one. My best guess though is that you need administrative privileges to write to the registry, and Vista by default does not let anyway have those privileges without specifically logging in that way. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP ht...

Save as in Access 2002
I have a user who is running Office XP Pro on Windows XP Pro and when she tries to export an Access table to Excel she does not have Excel as an option in the drop down list. Any ideas on how to fix this? Look for the file Msexcl40.dll on the harddrive (it should be in the System folder), and use regsvr32.exe to reregister it. This problem is discussed in http://support.microsoft.com/?id=209805 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "Jonathan Hearn" <jhearn@envirocon.com> wrote in message news:002301c3c0de$09859d10$a50...

Contacts File Link?
I have several computers on a home network and WLM does a fine job of keeping the contacts in sync on all the computer. I am giving one of the systems to a friend. What is the best way to un-sync the contacts file on the system that I am giving away so they can have there own contacts file? Uninstall WL and reinstall with a new WL ID or Passport? Create a new Windows user. Remove the old user. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2099F8C5-9BCE-4229-A3D2-5187C1F4FFF9@microsoft.com... > I have several...

Mail as web page
I want to send an advertising mail shot that looks like a web page. What is the best way to achieve this? ---------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior permission of the originator. Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/ ...

Cannot open earlier version of access database
I'm trying to open Northwind database with MS Access 2003. The problem is that a dialog box appears prompting me to go to Database > Tools > Convert Database, however, the dialog box re-appears over a couple of times and disallows the user from doing anything within MS Access. If you are getting the Convert dialog you will need to convert the database to the version that you are working in and save it and then open it next time instead of the original file. During the convert process it will not change the original file. It will make a NEW copy for you to use. I wonder w...

Accessing Money reconciled statements?
Is there any way to access past reconciled statements? For some reason, when I went to reconcile it says that my starting balance doesn't match my ending balance from the last statement. I thought I would find the last statement and enter that ending balance as my starting. Not as easy as I thought. Thanks in advance. You won't be able to do that - if the ending balance is modified, you're just shifting the problem back. You'll need to find where you have either deleted a reconciled transaction, or unreconciled a previously reconciled transaction and make an appropri...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...

Symantec Mail Security for Exchange
Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does it say the word STANDARD. If anyone can help before I purchase this software that would be great. Thanks, Chad WEBIT Services On 3 Nov 2006 13:50:18 -0800, "crdvds" <crdvds@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work >on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? > >It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does ...

REstoring a mail sotre to a newly installed exchange 2003
Hi, I have a windows SBS 2003 server installed with a couple of mailboxes on it. I backed up the mail store then decided to reinstall the OS. The reason to do this was to partition the disk differently. So I installed the OS from scratch, and now I need to restore my mail store backup done using ntbackup. Should I recreate the old users on my SBS2003 system or should I just restore the mail store on top of the exisiting mailstore created by the fresh installtion of the OS. I didn't backup anything else but the mailstore. The newly installed server uses the same domain name as the ol...

E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter
Easy-To-Use, High-Quality Program, Quickly converts PowerPoint to video, audio and images, such as avi, flv, 3gp, swf, mkv, mpeg2 ts, DVD, mp4, mov, mp3...Support input ppt, pps, pptx, ppsx files. E.M. PowerPoint Video Converter is an all-in-one PowerPoint to video converter. It can convert PowerPoint presentations to almost all popular video formats such as AVI, MPEG, MPEG2 TS, MP4, WMV, 3GP, GIF, FLV, SWF, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, H.264/PSP AVC Video, MOV, Youtube FLV with excellent quality. you could easily convert PowerPoint presentations to play on your iPod, PSP, Zune, 3GP mobile phone(...

Leave Mail On Server
Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave mail on the mail server? You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not necessarily available with all ISP's. >-----Original Message----- >Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave >mail on the mail server? >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a > traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not possible in Outlook Express. Perhaps you meant IMAP? And it would depend what kind of mail accoun...

CRM4
Hi, On CRM4, I obtain an ASP.NET error while trying to access the website of my default organization. The message error is the following : "Caller does not have enough privilege to set CallerOriginToken to the specified value". I didn't find anything on the Web... Does anyone have an idea ? Fabien Majurel I have the same problem, I am going to reinstall and see if that helps Mike "Fabien Majurel" wrote: > Hi, > > On CRM4, I obtain an ASP.NET error while trying to access the website of my > default organization. The message error is the following...

Changing text based on criteria in an access report
Hello, I've got a textbox in a report, some records of which may contain text within { }. I need to find some way to format only that text (which may be in the middle of a string) so that it appears underlined and so that the brackets disappear. To illustrate, I posted a 5KB graphic here: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3523/jexamplemb2.png Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance! Mitch Access 2007 can format the text for you, using standard HTML for the underlining. Use the Replace() function to swap the braces for the HTML tags. Earlier versions of Ac...

A program is trying to access e-mail #2
When I hit new or reply I get this box saying, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" Symantec says it's a Microsoft problem. Microsoft says its a security patch sp3? How do I stop this dam message from poping up???? Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs updated to the latest version - antispam add-ins are a common cause although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were updated follow...

Has anyone linked MS Access and MS Money?
Greetings. I have a registration database for a school that uses MS Access. Our book keeper uses Quicken, so that all the student names, addresses, etc. needs to be entered twice. I am thinking of migrating the financial records to MS Money, so that we can do some VBA programming or the like to send student data from Access to Money. Does anyone know if this can be done, or have any experience doing this sort of thing? Thanks! Gary See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10 in specific and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=3 in general. "GaryDave" <garydave@hotmail.com> w...

mail merge and cc
I use Word 2007 mail merge to Outlook. I also want to CC to one person during the mail merge. I cannot find a way to put CC. The built-in mail merge feature does not offer a way to do this. You can use a mail merge add-in to achieve this though; See http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/mass-mail The Mail Merge Toolkit from MAPILab fully integrates with the Mail Merge feature of Word and will add the CC and even an attachment option when doing a mail merge; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/mapilab_mailmerge If you decide to order use 4PM76A8 to get a discount. -- Robert Sparnaa...

Import mail from CD
Hi, I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Copied it from the CD to my hard drive, changed the read-only attributes. Imported into Outlook and get the message "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" Win2000, Outlook 2000SP3, IomegaCD-RW 52x24x52x using Iomega Burn Any ideas? thanks Ruth Turn off the read-only property on the .pst file. Ray at work "Ruth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161601c39d71$cc6da970$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Cop...

e-mails history
Muy buenas. Cuando escribimos un mail la cuenta a quien v� dirigido el mismo queda almacenada en alg�n historial de modo que la proxima vez que vas a escribir un mail a esa cuenta, outlok 2003, te la propone. Me gustar�a saber como poder migrar ese historial para que quede utilizable en otro ordenador. jose <oeaoio@hotmail.com> wrote: > Muy buenas. > > Cuando escribimos un mail la cuenta a quien v� dirigido el mismo > queda almacenada en alg�n historial de modo que la proxima vez que > vas a escribir un mail a esa cuenta, outlok 2003, te la propone. > > Me gusta...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

rule to move sent mail to 2nd mailbox sent folder
We have Outlook 2002 (enterprise). I have my own mail box and in addition, another shared mailbox. What I need to be able to do is have a rule set up so that when I reply to an email from the shared mail box, that shows the from email address as ''my name and 'on behalf of; 'shared mail box'' it moves the sent email from my own personal email to the sent mail folder on the shared email folder. I also need to set up a rule for any emails that are deleted from the shared email box are put into the 'shared email delete box'. I have looked at the rules and can&#...

duplicate messages #3
Each time I click "send/receive", the same two email messages are sent to my inbox. If i clik three times, the two messages will drop into my inbox for a total of six messages! Understand, i do not have "save messages on the server" selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook twice with to no avail? Suggestions? Happens to me too. My ISP said it is poorly written spam that fails to complete sending properly, so Outlook times out without completing the task of downloading including recognising what has already been downloaded and what has not. Why can&#...

Message Tracking Center not functioning
The Message Tracking Center has been working fine for many months, however today I tried to use it and received the error message: "The tracking database on SERVER_NAME is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization. Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID no: c1032751 Microsoft Exchange Management I've tried turning tracking off and on under the ESM server properties. I've tried changing the folder location (I hopes it reset something). The permissions on the SERVER_NAME.log folder appear to be open for Administrators. Also looking at the tracking ...