Clear Junk E-mail Folder

It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder
on exit Outlook.  Is there any way to do that?  Thanks.  I'm using OL2003.

Outlook Inbox running tally of e-mails in it
HELP ! This should be simple for someone but not me. I used to have a number on the left side of my screen when in my in-box that would tell me the total number of e- mails in my inbox (normally around 200-300). This was not JUST the new ones which are reflected on the folders line. It was at the bottom of the page and would change immediately if I deleted or added one. I lost the number and want it back. How do I do that? Thanks for any help anyone can give ! Cindy view - status bar "Suzanne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bb901c3deda$1...

Exchange 2003 smtp queues e-mail delay outbound mails
Hello, Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. The outbound mails should be enable or not ? Thanks Rui On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 00:01:02 -0800, Rui <Rui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >Our exchange server is creating several smtp queues whit not valid e-mails >I tested our server, and is not a relay problem. > >The outbound mails should be enable or not ? > >Thanks >Rui > > They will be attempts at NDR's back to non existent senders following incoming spam m...

Shared Mailbox Folders
Is there anyway to automatically share a new users mailbox folder with teh administrator. I want to be able to interogate any users mailbox as the administrator user OS = SBS 2003 Prem Many thanks Dave On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 12:51:02 -0800, dpnews <dpnews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there anyway to automatically share a new users mailbox folder with teh >administrator. >I want to be able to interogate any users mailbox as the administrator user > >OS = SBS 2003 Prem > >Many thanks >Dave I think this is what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/82...

How do I find Outlook 2007 archive folders that disappeared?
I set up archive folders and could view them, stored onto a spearate hard disk.Today, when Outlook loaded, the archive folder group has disappearedd from view and I do not know how to find/restore.Any ideas? Check again in Folder Tree View Otherwise, within Outlook, File>Open>Data File.........browse to the location and open the Archive If the location is an external drive, if that drive is not connected when you start Outlook, OL will complain "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5564BC1C-D07C-4820-8CC4-C585F6E7DB5D@microsoft.com... >...

new mail notification in 2003
I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and I no longer recieve new mail notification unless the message is in my Inbox. In previous versions you would get notifications as long as the folder the message went to was a sub folder of Inbox. Any ideas? This is by design. In your rules that you have setup to move messages from your Inbox to other folders, you can add "display a desktop alert" for each of those rules. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Brian" ...

Attachments in e-mail sent to many users
Hello All I am trying to find out how to send an e-mail attachment to a lot of different contacts in CRM 3.0. We were told there was a way but the instructions don't work. The e-mail goes to all the receipents but no attachment is every sent. Can someone please give me directions on how this is done. -- Thanks ...

mail que not sending
the exchange 2003 server has messages banking up in its out going queues. E-mails to external addresses are not sending. they are just sitting in the wue and constantly retrying. Ee-mails sent to internal e-mail adresses are working fine. what would be causing this? how do i get the messages to send again as they should? Hi Bill, How does your system send outbound email to the internet? Could be one of a few things, have you checked DNS, Internet Connectivity? Can you telnet to port 25 on the email systems which outbound messages are destin for? Are there any NDR's and what do the...

Cannot send mail using either port 25 or 587
I don't understand why this has only recently been happening but I cannot send mail using smtp in ol 2003. I am trying to send using my Yahoo account but the send receive says that it is sending messages that are not actually in the outbox, e.g (bottom rh corner of screen sending 2 of 3 messages when there are no messages there to send) then after a short while it says error send receive. My ISP is BT and apparently they block port 25 so I changed the port settings (as recommended by Yahoo) to port 587 but I still cannot send from within outlook. I have configured my e mail accou...

how do i verify my e-mail address?
PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? And by verify you mean? "AMANDA" <AMANDA @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF583E7-1751-427F-B252-7C7B80F3307B@microsoft.com... > PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? Send an email to yourself? If it leaves your outbox and later on arrives in your inbox, everthing should be OK? Hope that answers your question. "AMANDA" <AMANDA @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF583E7-1751-427F-B252-7C7B80F3307B@microsoft.com... > PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? Start a...

Saving messages other than in formats given? i.e., rtf or pdf (html with complete pictures)
I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics groups. In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve graphics that explain or illustrate the text. O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out of both formats, of course. The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming considering the number of messages I recv that I ...

Multiple instance of a system folder
Hi, I am stuck up where my Exchange server shows multiple instance of SCHEDULE+FREE BUSY system folder. It should be noted that ESM by itself shows only one instance of SCHEDULE+FREE BUSY folder !!?? It is only when i use custom search in Active Directory it show two instances of it in the First Administrative Group. How can i make sure which one is the correct and is associated with the one showing in ESM? Because of this issue my Calendar Connector service is not starting. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance, Where do you see these multiple instances? -- Ed Crowle...

Gmail IMAP one folder appeares empty
Using Outlook 2007 I use a Gmail account to store my important stuff in folders and subfolders. It works fine except for one folder (which I happen to store my really-important stuff). In Outlook this folder appears empty. It exists on Gmail via browser and the files are visible there and if I use Thunderbird. What's going wrong? -- Jim S Tyneside UK www.jimscott.co.uk ...

can't find how to confirm e mail address
i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address Outlook can't really help in that effort. What provider are you using for your email? "newcomer" <newcomer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C58BB8B-64E8-4F62-B223-54D946846A9A@microsoft.com... >i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address ...

How do I stop saving attachments with sent mail?
I have many >5 Mb attachments in my sent mail and archive sent mail folders. As I understand it there is no facility to afterwards strip the attachment but keep the mail. So how do I change my Outlook 2003 settings so that I do not save the attachment when sending mail? regards, Beemer To strip the attachment open the message from your Sent Items folder rightclick the attachment and choose Remove. Save and close the message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Se...

Broke mail
Whats causing this ? only thing in the event viewer is Event Type: Warning Event Source: Marc3Host Event Category: None Event ID: 6204 Date: 21/02/2007 Time: 17:54:30 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX Description: Plugin DSScheduler reports exception. Data Sources: Builder failed. Additional info: Could not resolve url For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. been trying to remove a 2007 server but its infected everything it seems Marc3Host? What's that? You've probably got something else installed on the Exchange server....

more problems with windows mail
I changed the port # for outgoing mail and it works.... but now I can't receive anything in the windows mail account. I have 1 new mail if I go directly to AOL but it doesn't come up in Windows. What do I do? Thanks again, Dave N9 for your previous help. Do you get an error message when you try to receive? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "ms" wrote in message news:39477D36-4145-45C1-B652-526E471313...

want certain junk mail to auto go into junk folder
want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. Bufilly wrote: > want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder > instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want > Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. What Outlook can do depends on which version you are using but didn't bother to identify. You could use the Blocked Senders blacklist....

Change Headers That Exchange Uses To Deliver Mail?
When someone sends a BCC mail to recipients in my domain, the TO: header field is blank and as a result, the message is getting dumped into my badmail and a copy is going to the postmaster in my domain. It turns out that our ISP has some kind of SPAM filter that parses the BCC content prior to delivery to me and places the intended recipients in a new header called: X-NETSCAN-TO: Is there a way to tell my exchange server to use the contents of that new header to determine the recipients in addition to the normal TO: header which works the rest of the time? So, have it check TO: and X...

Error When Creating E-mail Message
I posted this earlier and never got an answer.. I updated the windows updates for Office and ever since have been getting an error message when I attempt to create a new email message. A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook, Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for x minute (in box) -------------------------------------------------------- I have done the following: 1. Checked for a virus. I don't have any. 2. I have re-installed office over top of itself. That ...

How do I make sure an e-mail is deleted from my computer?
vickbrk509 <vickbrk509@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Always provide a description of your configuration, including Outlook version, when posting. If you want to delete a message, select it and click or prfess Delete. Then empty the Deleted Items folder. Was that really too hard to figure out?>\ -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Public folder for storing e-mail message
Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public folder to an external address automatically. How do I set this up. Any help will be appreciated. "Dipti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for > customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public fol...

Public Folder Calendars Dashboard?
Hey all -- Our Project Manager has asked me for a way to display his resources calendars in one view. Is it possible to create a Public Folder Calendar with only certain people's calender data pushed to it -- so he could go to one place to see everyone's calendars? Or, does he need to open each calendar individually? Thanks, Blake In news:%23S1N8J4GGHA.3752@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Galvanon <galvanon@online.nospam> typed: > Hey all -- > > Our Project Manager has asked me for a way to display his resources > calendars in one view. Is it possible to create a ...

New mail button and many more stuff greyed out
new mail button is greyed out. we could create a new account and we can receive mails but can't create a new one cause the button is not clickable, it's greyed out. it's also impossible to reply to any mail, those buttons are greyed out. under the tools menu, customize and options are also greyed out. we changed the data file, even created a new profile but these won't help. what might be the reason?? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Verified the outgoing (SMTP) email settings if this is a POP3 account? "sercan bozkurt" <sercanbozkurt@discussions.mi...

Mail server name
I have to migrate from Exchange 2000 (on windows 2000 server) to Exchange 2003 (windows 2003 server). The new server has a differente name from the older. The problem is that I have to change, in each client, the mail server name on Outlook. Is there a way to update the Otlook client with the new server name ? Thanks! Hi Rod, There's a tool available from MS, you can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=56F45AC3-448F-4CCC-9BD5-B6B52C13B29C&displaylang=en hope it helps! Solko "Rod" <camino.april@tiscali.it> wrote in message ...

E-mail Delivery Issues to Group within a Group
Here is an example of a prevailing issue we are experiencing. Our Exchange servers are running Windows 2003, EX2003SP1, and PCs using Office 2003. We have a distribution group called BPMI_PME_MGRS in our address book in Outlook. The problem is that this group does not always deliver e-mails to all the members in the group unless the user sending the email clicks the pluses (expands the groups) repeatedly so that all names within the distribution list appear in the email. If they do not click the pluses, the email is not always received by all the group members and no failure notice i...