choosing which address to reply from using Rules Wizard

How do I choose which email address / account Rules Wizard uses to
send a reply or forward from?
0
hmk3292 (1)

Rules will automatically use the default account.  It is not configurable
for sending from different accounts.  (Note - in the future, please post
your version of Outlook).

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Howard asked:

| How do I choose which email address / account Rules Wizard uses to
| send a reply or forward from?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Exchange Migration Wizard and creating new SMTP reply addresses
Hello, I'm migrating from a Netware 6.5 environment, but am going to be using another tool because of the need to migrate archives and personal address books. I would, however, like to use the Microsoft tool to populate the GWISE SMTP address with the old GroupWise address. Is there a way to run the Exchange Migration Wizard in a mode that will only create the additional GWISE SMTP addresses for all of my users? Aaron ...

Replying to Individual in Newsgroup using Outlook, with O.E. as NG reader
I'm using Outlook 2000 sp1 for E-mailing. It's set-up to use Outlook Express 6 as the newsgroup reader (whilst calling itself Outlook Newsreader). I recently wanted to reply to an individual in a thread. Everything seemed to go okay until I checked the 'Sent Items' of Outlook. There was an E-mail to the individual, but none of the text that I'd included was there, only the original newsgroup message. Does anybody know what's going on, how to fix it, or has anybody got any suggestions ? Thanks in Advance Duncan Anderson O/S = Win X/P home sp1 I think this happens be...

Unpopulated Cell Address
Hi I'm a newbie and was wondering can anyone help with my query. I am trying to find out how to print a spreadsheet with just the data that is contained in certain cell address's. Where a cell address is not populated I want the whole row to not appear in a printed copy. Any ideas? Try this idea Sub hiderowsandprint() With Range("a1:a21") .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Rows.Hidden = True .Resize(21, 8).PrintPreview .Rows.Hidden = False End With End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mick Smith" <notsa...

What's the correct procedure to use a CBitmapButton in a dialog (to avoid resouce leaking)?
Hi, I have a CBitmapButton member in a dialog. The problem is that, after exiting my program, there is a cross button staying on my windows 2000's desktop now. The button is exactly the one I used in the dialog. Clicking on it doesn't do anyting. Rebooting the machine doesn't help. The application has been mailed to many customers. Now I expect they'll see this button on their machine but hardly guess that it's caused by my program. In DoDataExchange(), I associate the CBitmapButton member with a push button in the dialog's template. Then in OnInitDialog...

Add item discounting to inventory wizard
It would be infinately useful for me to be able to assign volume discounts to items based on MPQ and Regular, A, B, and C prices. For example. I sell an item that comes in a box quantity of 25. If a customer at any price level buys 25, the system discounts the item 10%. As it is now, I must go through item by item and enter this information. In my situation, I have thousands of items to update every time prices change. So it would be nice to simply say "if [MPQ] of item is purchased, discount 10%". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft r...

Error when using RMS EDC Settle function
Hello. We run RMSsp2, and use PCCharge PaymntSvr EDC software/First Data processor. PCCharge settles fine, if trying from within RMS, receive error on: 1st attempt: "Invalid Merchant" box error appears. 2nd and subsequent attempts "Invalid Destination Zip" box error appears. Erro occurs withing few seconds of settle attempt, settle progress doesnt go beyond 1/10 of progress meter and this error pops up. Any ideas? Our EDC config is fine and all batches and items are ok in PCCharge. thanks luke ...

Unable to attach an attachment using mail merge
Anyone know how to do an Outlook mail merge and have it sent an attachment to all merged recipents? I put the attachment into the basic outlook e_mail message and when it merges it strips off the attachment. I am using Word as the E-Mail editor and Outlook 2002 SP2 and merging contacts directly from an Outlook Contact folder. ...

How to use MFC Cstring class in Win32 DLL?
Hello all I am having WIN32 DLL and i have to use CString in it. I tried include <Afx.h> with project setting with both 'use MFC in a static library' as well as 'use MFC in a shared library' option of project setting but firstly i got error fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already then i commented #include<windows.h> after that i am getting linking error mfcs42d.lib(dllmodul.obj) : error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in testdll.obj Debug/testdll.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found i tried other options like includi...

Always Reply in HTML Format
Is there a way in 2003 to reply in HTML always redgardless of what orig message has been sent in? I know the security issues and the reason why its set up the way it is, just curious though. BigZ No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, BigZ asked: | Is there a way in 2003 to reply in HTML always | redgardless of what orig message has been sent in? I | know the security issues ...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

uninstall from command line using alternate credentials
WinXP SP3. Is there a way to do this? I am trying to find a way for a power user to uninstall a program using the msiexec + uninstall string from the registry using admin account credentials. Alternativly, I have tried to get the user to do a "run as" on the appwiz.cpl file but I get an error. UPDATE: also tried making a shortcut and running as admin but there is still an error with starting the msiexec. It says something like error statring program, it may be disabled or have no associated programs. I checked the windows installer service and it is running. ...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Using Microsoft Map in Office XP
How can I add the add-in Microsoft Map to work in Office XP? Thank you for looking. John John MS Map not available with versions 2002 and 2003. MS Map Point is now the application used. Costs about $250.00 US. An alternate is to use MapInfo product(which was the Excel 97 and 2000 product). Very costly at minimum $595.00 US just for upgrade. http://www.mapinfo.com/location/integration But............found this tidbit on the net thanks to Debra Dalgleish. Mystery of the Missing Map Tool: If you believe Microsoft, the Excel Map tool is permanently out of action in Offi...

Updating a form after using a workflow rule to update the entity.
I have a workflow rule that, on create of a contact, calls an assembly and updates an attribute of that assembly. It works a treat, but after saving, the attribute does not appear in the form. I have to close and re-open the contact to see the attribute. Is there any way to have this display immediately? Thanks Saira ...

Replies not delivered
I have a problem that has just started this week. All my replies are immediately kicked back with the message: 550 not local host msn.com, not a gateway Can someone tell me if I've flipped a switch somewhere to not allow replies to messages? Thanks What is your authentication set for in your mail account settings on the server tab? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Donn <...

Fax Address Book

Rule only runs when manually invoked
The first (topmost) rule in my list is: Apply this rule after the message arrives with '** SPAM **' in the subject and on this machine only move it to the Junk E-Mail folder This rule does not execute as I want when Internet mail is downloading. If I manually run it, it works just fine. (Our Internet email host has spam tools that insert '** SPAM **'into the subject of suspect email.) However, the last rule of my 5 rules is Apply this rule after the message arrives through the myemail@abc.com account and on this machine only move it to the myemail folder This one wo...

Multiple remit-to addresses per vendor
Is there a good way to handle multiple remit-to addresses per vendor? It seems like the only solution is to create one vendor per remit-to address (resulting in a bunch of vendors) or manually switching the remit-to address prior to printing checks (opening the door to more error). You can have an unlimited number of addresses for your vendors. Each address is titled with an address code which must be unique. On the vendor card you choose ONE address as the default Remit To but you can perform a remit to function to any address. cr >-----Original Message----- >Is there a good...

trouble with rule to permanently delete email by sender
I've been having difficulty with a particular person for some time who refuses to accept that I don't want to see her emails. Consequently, I have set up my outlook rule to permanently delete any email from this person. However, it appears the rules aren't working as I am continuing to get (at least some) emails. So every time I get another email from this person I right-click on it and set up another rule to delete email from that email address. When I look at all my rules, it looks like I now have 5 rules to permanently delete from this same email address. I assume t...

can't edit or delete rules in Outlook 2002
Hi All, In the Rules Wizard, some rules are shown, but I cannot Edit Modify or Delete them or see the conditions for them. Nor if I click the RUN NOW button do the rules show in the rules list box. Other rules are OK. Why does this happen? Can this be fixed? Does it make a difference that this pst file was viewed in Outlook 2003 (but not converted to Outlook 2003)? Many thanks in advance ...

problem while using excel
hi, exel sheet displaying page number in background in each and every cell of my sheet in background And displaying message first while opening the sheet as "margins doesn't fit can you please help me with this issue?? View > Normal -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200786 While i am using excel, when i try to copy and paste words, the program becomes very sluggish. very laggy and slow. how do i resolve this? You probably have a lot of formulae, go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>CALCULATION and change it to manual, you can then calculate the workbook by pressing F9, take a look ...

Weed out words using Excel??
Is there a way to automatically isolate an appearance of a word in list of words, eg I have a full dictionary of words, and I want to end up wit a list where the word (for example) "log" appears. So if the big lis contains: logarithm chair table catalogue (each on a sepearte line) The list I would want would be: logarithm catalogue (leaving out the others) Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Have a look at Data / Filter / Autofilter. Andy. PS I'd love to know where you got your text file from!! "sensible >" <<sensible.148ne7@exc...

Potential Identity loss issue with hidden email addresses in Excel!
I received a spreadsheet attachment yesterday and found a mailto:(my address) embedded in a cell under a text string. It was evident in a tooltip that appeared when cell was hovered-over. I told the sender who now says that many of her spreadsheets - used to handle group memberships - have such hidden addresses. The sheet I received was a reworking in Excel (not sure which version) of one of mine that was from a fresh, new OpenOffice spreadsheet I had emailed earlier. No sign of the embedding in my OO 'sheet, whether viewed in OO or in Excel 2000. It seems to have crept in on her mach...

text import wizard #4
I'm migrating a huge database out of our current business software int new software. I'm exporting into an Excel file so I can adjust inf before mapping to the new software. I've got the import wizard figured out but I'd like to *use it within column* of info and not just to import a whole file. are the functionalities of the wizard available within a column -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Many of the capabilities are available if you choose the Data/Text to Columns... command what exactly are you looking for? In article <philtyler.1a7i9n@excelforum...

How do I use alpha page numbers (e.g., B-3a, B-3b, B-3c, etc.) in.
I am using Excel 2003 and need to use incrementing alpha page numbers (e.g., B-3a, B-3b, B-3c, etc.). Excel 2003 help only refers to numeric page numbers. Is there a way to format the page numbers to use incrementing alpha page numbers? I was hoping to see a better reply to your question, but a day has gone by so here is my $0.02. If you must, you can always similate the footer in the worksheet, just have to be consistent with row heights, etc. This might be more trouble than it's worth, but if want to try here's a formula that might help. =IF(QUOTIENT(COLUMN()-1,26)=0,"...